Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• zmonetzmonet Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the current (December) money factors and residuals for a G35 Coupe on both 1 and 2 year leases at both 12K and 15K miles. I'm being told a lot of information that seems to be conflicting and it is really ticking me off. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
    I'm being told all sorts of numbers for residual and money factor on a 24 month lease. One dealer told me .00166/68% (15K miles); .00166/69% (12,000 miles). Another dealer told me he could beat those numbers. What gives? Anyone know the true numbers?
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Are the addl. security deposits set at a fixed rate, or are they on a sliding scale based on your actual monthly payment? If they are a fixed number, does anyone know about what they are for the 2007 G35s? TIA
    G35 6MT, Nav, Trunk Mats, Premium, Splash Guards
    We added satellite radio, which brought the price up $800, but only brought MSRP up $350
    24months / 15K lease
    Agreed upon value of vehicle:$37006(MSRP 39740)
    68% Residual/.00147 money factor
    We paid nothing down. After taxes/fees/etc. 1st payment was $688 and 23 additional payments of $599.55

This was in December (today). Is 68% the correct residual? I've never heard of dealers making money on the residual, but I guess it is possible. Was the residual on this lease 70% in November (2 days earlier?) Car Man, any thoughts? Anyone else?
  • mr_g_35_smr_g_35_s Member Posts: 10
    2007 G35-S Sedan Automatic
    Color Black on Black
    Premium, Navigation, Technology, Packages w/ Sirius Sat.
    Basically Everything but active Steering, Splash Guards, Maybe they will throw in the wing. (Maybe)!!!
    24 Month Lease 10k miles a year.
    1,500 Down + 800 Bank Fee + 500 Destination Fee + Tax 8.375
    So a Grand Total of about 4,000 Due at Signing. I Estimated the Tax to be About 1,200.
    443 a Month.

I am not the smartest guy in the world. Need fellow car lovers help. Don't know how to figure out what the correct deal is. Am I being robbed, Great Deal, Am I in the Ball Park? If I left out any info, please let , me know, I will provide. Thank you in advance for your help, I need it!!!!!
    I'm not one of the experts, but the one thing I can tell you is that everyone says to never put any money down on a lease. If you are going to put anything more than the 1st payment, and fees, etc...you should put the money towards additional security deposits. Each extra deposit reduces the money factor and they are refundable at the end of the lease. Your monthly payment will actually be higher, but since you get the money back at the end, the total amount paid over the lease is actually less.
    I'll second the don't put money down. Also, check a couple pages back where people have posted the money factor and risidual for all of the 2007s. Dealers can play around with the money factor.

Still looking for an assessment of my lease, a couple posts above. You around Car Man?
    Don't look too far back though as I haven't really seen all the new money factors and residual rates for December yet...and I've heard they are better than November.
  • mtroymtroy Member Posts: 45
    Here's the deal I was quoted. Let me know what you think. I was told that the MF and residuals are the same at all Infinity dealers, but I have my doubts.

2007 G35 Sport, with Prem + Nav.
    48 months / 12K miles
    44% resid.
    MF .00248
    Those look like the numbers from November. And while each dealership is given the same "numbers", they are still within their means to adjust them up or down if they like. I suspect the dec numbers to be lower to convince people to buy before the end of the year...especially with the recently low MF and high residuals offered at competetors like Audi.
  • saprissasaprissa Member Posts: 7
    Mr. G 35S - what was the agreed upon price on the car? I didn't see you reference that. I can probably back into the money factor if you provide that info, along with the residual value. Also, I agree that putting money down isn't in your best interests. And did they tell you what the bank fee is for? Are you leasing from an outside company?
    MTroy - the money factor can vary state to state, and also depending on your credit score. Residuals should be the same (they are based on a single company's report, but I can't remember offhand which company). 44% seems a bit low for a 48 month lease. I've seen 56% quoted for 39 months, and 58-60% for 36 months. So you might have some room there.

The money factor looks good relative to what has been out there the past few months, not only for Infiniti, but Lexus as well. But the actual "top line" price you negotiate is the one that will drop your monthly payment the most. A 0.0001 move in the MF will only save you approx $6/month. For every $1,000 reduction in the negotiated price, you are talking $30-32/month.
  • mftmrtmftmrt Member Posts: 17
    G35 lease rates I was quoted today:
    36 months 59% resid MF .00212
    39 months 58% resid MF .00228
    This would be a lot easier if all dealerships (at least in the same area) quoted the exact same rates.
    In what state did you receive those rates? I'd love to use those when I discuss a deal for a G35X later this week.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi joseppi22. The dealer tried to get you to put $5,400 down on a lease, :surprise: yikes. Even $3,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should lease this car without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, peternorth. The capitalized cost is a very important number to know because it essentially represents the amount that you paid for this car plus any fees that you wanted to roll into your payment. Your car's MSRP is probably listed on your lease contract. If not, it's on its window sticker.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh, peternorth, I see that you found it. The money factor and residual value that were used to calculate your car's lease payment look great. The capitalized cost is pretty close to its MSRP, but if it includes items like sales tax and the acquisition fee then it isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi agie1. It is difficult to give a detailed analysis of this deal without knowing this car's selling price. This number will show us how much of a discount you are being given on it and it will enable us to calculate what its lease payment should be. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think. In answer to your second question, yes consumers who lease have the option to purchase their vehicles at the end of their leases at a predetermined price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife's bad lease, usafshirt. $580 a month for 72 months is indeed terrible. You are in a tough situation though because as you can see, it is going to be very expensive to get out of her lease this early. I guess it's pretty much darned if you do and darned if you don't at this point because either way you're going to be paying a lot for this car whether you continue to lease it or buy it out now.

Dealer invoice is a very good price for a lease of a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe. I'm not sure if Infiniti Financial Services will let you roll that much negative equity into your lease. For now let's assume that they will. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with an MSRP of $39,700 and a selling price of $47,158.65 through Infiniti Financial Services for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around a whopping $783. As you can see, the negative equity is really killing this deal. As I mentioned earlier, IFS probably won't let you roll this much into your new lease. If you want to get out of the Mustang now, you are probably going to have to pay several thousand dollars out of your pocket to do so.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new job, r8ed. I see that you have never leased before. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on this car is to look at its MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show you how much of a discount you are being given on the car that you want and will enable you to calculate what its monthly payment should be. If you let me know what these numbers are I will be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    The rates I received and posted above are for Southern Cal.
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    I know you lose your cap cost, but will you also lose your 9 sec deposits if the car is stolen and not recovered?
    wouldn't you make more by taking the money that you would pay as security deposits and putting it in an account earning 5%?
    Hi soonertime. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,100between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That means that the price that you were quoted, a $1,300 discount, is probably a little under $2,000 over invoice. If most dealers in your area are only willing to do $500 off this isn't a bad deal, but that's still a lot of room to play with. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop some more. You also should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

That covers this car's price, now let's look at the lease program. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2007 G35 Sedan Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00228 and 56%, respectively. Make sure that this is the money factor that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings agie1. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Huma2, here is the latest program information for the car that you're interested in. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2006 G35 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00064 and 55%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $35,200, and a selling price of $32,000 I estimate that this car's 24 month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $398. Its 36 month payment should be around $384.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings 1sttimeleaser. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi writebrian. Infiniti publishes a new lease program every month. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about a 12 month lease program for this model for the month of December. This offer may have already expired. Infiniti still has lease support available on other length leases of this car though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, brott8. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ha, that's a good one, bstevenf. Who's "not allowing" these dealers to discount this car? Infiniti? I don't think so. You are in a very competitive market. Try e-mailing or visiting a number of Infiniti dealers, I suspect that you will eventually get one to break the rules, wink wink, and give you a discount on this car. While you're at it, try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome lookingaround. You should be able to get a good idea of what sort of deals community members have gotten on this car lately by scrolling back in this discussion a little bit and checking out a few of the posts. I can actually use Infiniti's actual lease program to estimate what your payment should be on this car. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. You can find its MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of price you should pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what you come up with and I'll calculate a lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    HI blerner2. Marking up vehicles' money factors benefits dealers because banks provide kickbacks to dealers that are able to increase money factors above their buy rates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sprinkler13. I don't believe that there are any risks associated with putting down additional security deposits on leased vehicles. Most banks that allow multiple security deposits will fully refund them in the event that a vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Still it's not a bad idea to check with Infiniti Financial Services, or whichever bank you are leasing through to make absolutely certain that this is the case. The main risk that is associated with making multiple security deposits is the opportunity cost associated with making them. The discount that one receives by making them is usually significant enough for all but the most aggressive investors to justify making them though. Manufacturers' captive finance companies, like Infiniti Financial Services, are usually very reasonable when assessing returned vehicles for excess wear and tear. There's no reason for them to nickel and dime a lessee to death, angering them, and potentially costing their parent company (in this case Infiniti) a future sale. That would be penny wise and pound foolish. Lessees who make additional security deposits are no more likely to have to pay a penalty for excess wear and tear than a normal lessee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zmonet. I haven't seen a 12 month lease program for this car this month. Infiniti may no longer be offering that short a lease on this car. I have seen its 24 month program though. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 68%, respectively. Its 12,000 mil per year residual value is 1% higher. Using these numbers and the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $39,690 and a selling price of $35,700, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $456 with 15,000 miles per year and $440 with 12,000 miles per year. With this deal, at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, IFS' $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, joseppi22. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you, however you never mentioned your car's selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on your car. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, zmonet. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2006 G35 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 68%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher. I have not seen a 12 month lease program for this car in December. It is possible that Infiniti is no longer offering 12 month leases on it. You need to check with your dealer to find out if this is the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey sprinkler13. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' charges a security deposit equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. It allows lessees to make up to nine additional deposits, with each additional one lowering the money factor that is used to calculate their vehicle's payment by .00010.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zmonet. Dealers do not have the authority to alter banks' published residual values. Infiniti Financial Services' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a base 2006 G35 Coupe is currently 68%. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with IFS' buy rate for this term.

The car that you described, an '06 G35 Coupe with Premium & Nav has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a $2,734 discount on it. This is probably right around $500 over invoice, which is pretty good.

Bottom line: the lease program that you were quoted is correct and the price that you were quoted isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings mr_g_35_s. Don't sell yourself short, I am sure that you can figure out exactly how leasing works by checking out the following easy to understand articles that are available on the subject: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you, however you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Sprinkler13 is right. Consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you have the money available, a better way to lower your vehicle's monthly payment would be to make multiple security deposits. Each additional security deposit that one makes on a lease through Infiniti Financial Services, up to a maximum of nine, lowers the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of one's monthly payment by .00010. The best thing about making additional security deposits is that you actually get that money back at the end of your lease, unlike a down payment which is just gone.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mtroy. The numbers that you were quoted for this car are pretty close to Infiniti Financial Services' current lease program for it, the actual numbers for a 48 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of an '07 G35 Sport are .00245 and 44%. They will be the same, regardless of what Infiniti dealer you go to, unless you find a dealer that attempts to make additional back-end profit off of your deal by marking your vehicle's money factor up. Fortunately, that is not the case here.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Saprissa, while some banks' lease programs vary by region. Infiniti Financial Services usually publishes one national lease program for all of its vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Actually mftmrt...if you look at the numbers I think you would have to make closer to 20%. I was running the numbers and if you take say $1000 and put it into a bank account at 5% interest compounded monthly for 3 years, it would come out to $1161.47 in the end.

Now...if you could take that same $1000.00 and make 2 addl. security deposits and drop the money factor by .02% it calculates out to roughly $12/mo. less on your payment. So, if you take that $144/yr. savings and put it in an account at 5% compounded annually for the same 3 years, in the end it will be worth $643.36 PLUS you will get back $1000 in sec. deposits so your total is $1643.36.

Crazy huh? Now, I'm no finance guy, so if someone can show me if I'm making a mistake, please tell me, otherwise it seems like if you have money just sitting in a low interest cash account and not invested in anything and don't need the direct access to it, it is worthwhile to use to lower your car payment :surprise:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Its not even necessary to take it that far. Just knowing that, if I put $1k in the bank, I won't get anywhere near the $12/month you get in payment reduction is enough to convince me.

I'm not sure about that $12/month, though. Is that correct? Seems like an awful lot. At a reduction of .0002 MF, I'm only getting about $3.60 difference. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

So, I've seen you say that IFS publishes a national number for their lease programs. My main question is that the absolute bottom number, or is it possible to try to negotiate the MF lower and residual higher? It just seems that compared to other cars in the same class IFS doesn't have as attractive financing numbers. I've seen BMW and Audi quotes at least .03% lower and much higher residual rates.

Second question...I see the Acquisition fee listed as $595...is that in addition to the $700 acquisition fee listed on the Edmunds TMV page for a 2007 G35 sport, or is that the same line item? Basically, can I remove that number when calculating the invoice price since it will be calculated in as part of my drive off?

Third question...is there a resource that has past years financial numbers posted anywhere. I'm just trying to research the exact numbers on my current lease and want to see where the dealer made their money. When I plug in the numbers on my lease term sheet everything works out, but since my end of lease buy out is $2k less than the residual amount listed on my paperwork, I'm wondering if the bank numbers were lower and the dealership just increased the MF to make a bit more profit. If that was the case, might I have some equity in the car since my buyout is less than the listed residual?

FYI - here are the specs on my current lease if it helps.
    2003 G35 w/ Premium, Navi, Sport, full Aero body kit.
    Cap - $36750
    MSRP - $39600 (approx)
    resid - $19818
    cap reduction - $515
    Acquisition fee - $595
    License, Registration, and all doc fees - $380
    Term 48 mos.
    Monthly payment - $509.95
    total drive off $2000.00 (1st mo., acq fee, registration, and doc fees)

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to get as agressive as I can with my upcomming lease. Thanks for all your help Car_Man
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    .0002 X (cap cost + residual) = Savings

Assume $35K cap cost + $21K residual..

.0002 X $56,000 = $11.20

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

If your calculator is working, you should see about a $6/mo decrease for every .0001 MF reduction...at least according to my numbers...And my spreadsheet should be accurate since I've been able to plug in my current lease numbers from 2003 and they matched. It's looking like on my next lease I'm going to "invest" in security deposits since they are doing better than some of my mutual funds...lol.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    bah. Never mind. I'm an idiot.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

by the way...that $509.95 payment INCLUDES tax. Not a bad payment for back in the day huh? especially since it wasn't even on a car in stock. There were only 2 of the new body style 03's on the west coast with the full AERO kit and mine came right from the ship to me :)
    Thanks Car Man. Do you have the latest lease rates for a 39 month lease (or 36, in case they only publish for full years). Currently, we were offered 0.00211, but only if we put $3,000 down. If I insist on only paying the 1st payment at closing plus license fees & sales tax, should I assume that they will push the money factor up? Or should I continue to push for the 0.00211 rate?