Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• grikgrik Member Posts: 2
    Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the 2007 G35 Journey Premium Package and tire package. Ended up with a 39 month lease/15,000 miles. Got the money factor down to .00228 -- dealer originally started at .00345 -- glad I found this site. I decided to put down the 9 security deposits which was $4950 --- and ended up with a note of $462/month tax included -- not the best deal I have seen but I am pretty happy with it -- and my fiance who recieved the car as a Christmas present was elated -- I appreciate all the information from everyone on the site -- Merry Christmas
  • bsokalbsokal Member Posts: 5
    I received a letter from Infiniti of Manhattan which says "Due to current market conditions we urgently need late-model Infiniti vehicles like yours, and we are very interested in buying back your Infiniti right now. If you have a leased Infiniti, we are prepared to offer you immediate termination of your lease without penalty." It then states, "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE OR LEASE A NEW INFINITI FROM US to take advantage of this offer."

Does this sound like a legitimate offer or is there a catch somewhere? I currently lease an Infiniti I35.
  • carmeistercarmeister Member Posts: 7
    Doesn't smell right. What I've heard from folks in the industry is that there are quite a few Infiniti's coming off of lease right now and supply is high -- so even if this "market condition" thing is true locally, they could pick up plenty of cars at auction. Also, from these boards -- seems like dealers are willing to deal on '06's big-time, so that doesn't seem to align either.

My $0.02.
  • jrock705jrock705 Member Posts: 7
    Loaded 07 G35 Sport w/ Navigation & Premium
    VPP Net Price was 34027
    Total Cap Cost: 35670
    39 Month/15K Lease
    $562 + tax/month.
    $1500 Drive Off

This was in Southern Cali. Hope this helps. I think it was a great deal !
  • malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone Purchased the 2007 G35X with premium, navi, and tech package, with the wood trim interior. if you did what was the price you payed. i am in the market for one but the demand is high and supply is petty low. the dealership is not willing to give me that good of a deal. if anyone bought the similar car what was the price you payed for it
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    That was for a VPP plan vehicle? What plan...A, C? I was quoted for that same configuration on the Plan C and on a 36 month/15k lease it was only 540/mo. INCLUDING tax with about 1500 drive off. The cap cost was about right about the same as yours...it might have been a hundred bucks more or so for splash guards, but basically it was the same thing. What dealer in So. Cal did you go to for that?
  • arbiearbie Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 infiniti G35 and it is less than 2 months and I have already a problem with the manual transmission and it is with the dealer right now checking it. I may declare lemon pretty soon and request for a replacement. the car sounds like a diesel engine after running for a while.
  • blerner2blerner2 Member Posts: 47
    CarMan,

I've seen numerous Residuals and MF's going around for the '07 G35.

Could you please let me know IFS's December Residuals and MF's for a G35 Journey & G35 Sport (assume 36 months/15k per year miles).

Also, as a customer, how can I "call out" the dealer when he tries to pass an inflated money factor by me. I'm assuming that when I challenge them with the data you provide me, that they will tell me I'm wrong. Can I threaten them with calling IFS, and getting the Buy Rate MF directly over the phone? Otherwise, I'm really at their mercy.

Finally, does IFS allow a lessee to "roll in" the security deposit and acquisition fee into the lease deal, by raising the money factor? I am interested in a $0 down lease. I know BMW does this, and was wondering if IFS has a published uplift of their Buy Rate MF, for inclusion of these items.
    The best money factor and residual for the Sport, assuming 36 months and 15k miles per year is .0021 and 57%. Not sure exactly what it is for the Journey, but I believe that the residual is 58% and the money factor is about the same. At least for December that is. And you can call the dealer out on it, but there is nothing that says they HAVE to offer you those numbers. They can inflate it if they want...assuming that someone will pay for it. They just can't go below that as far as I know since the bank sets the numbers. I'm also pretty sure that they will do a $0 down lease. I've seen other people talk about it. Although you will probably have to at least put down the first month payment. I know for a fact that they can roll the acquisition fee into the lease. That was quoted to me a couple of days ago.
  • keithswindollkeithswindoll Member Posts: 3
    I've been looking for and just found an '07 G35 sport with navigation, tech, premium, active steering, splash guards, etc. MSRP $41,390, color is black with black interior...dealer will come off $1100 for sale price of $40290. Quoted me lease of $745, no money down, 24 months/12,000, money factor .00290, residual 68%...pricey. Any advice on how best to lower monthly payment...extend to 36 months? Put money down? Any other ideas? Thanks. My lease on current car is up in a week and trying to close deal by Tuesday.
  • dozolaxdozolax Member Posts: 2
    I went back and forth with a couple of dealers (in NY) and my negotiations culminated into this lease deal:

-2006 G35X (New)

-24 months

-12k miles/year

-premium pkg (bluetooth, bose, etc)

-1000$ due at inception for bank fee, first months payment and a small processing fee

-$429.00/month

I felt that this was pretty good. Please let me know what you think as I am looking to move on this soon.
    Well...first of all your residual is in line with IFS for a 24 month lease. However, the best MF I've seen posted for the 24 month lease is .0024

If you went to a 36 month lease the residual is 58% and the money factor is .0021. That should definitly lower your payment, but you are also on the hook for another year. The best financing numbers seem to be for a 36 month lease right now. However, that can always change next month. Good luck.
  • useddivicuseddivic Member Posts: 6
    I'm hoping to get some inputs on a deal that I have on an 06 G35x Premium Package. Unfortunately, I don't have all the numbers in front of me as this was all done on the phone. I have been offered a 39-month lease of $679/mo with $3190 down. I am rolling in a significant amount of negative equity ($11,000). I think this is a pretty good deal since the best I could get from the local dealer on a RWD G35 was a 36-month lease of $656/mo with $3000 down.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    I wanted to thank everyone who posted here for all the helpful information. Here are the details of the deal I just received in So. Cal:

2007 G35 Journey w/ Premium Pkg. (Slate Blue)
    $833 OTD ($0 CCR)
    $460.97 + tax = $499.00 per month
    39 Months, 10,000 miles per year
  • mr_g_35_smr_g_35_s Member Posts: 10
    Seems a bit high, but I am not exactly sure still waiting for a response to my deal w/ my post. Also unless you have seen that car on there lot, w/ that model, w/ those options, in that color. It is going to take them some time. They will tell you it will be a couple of days, but not really!!!!!! They will then ask you to pick a different color. Then they will get one, not exactly matching your options. I told them when you go to a steak house and order a steak; they do not ask you how do you like it? Then say give me a second option on how you like it. If you are spending that type of money, you should get what you want!!! I'm waiting 45 days so far. Same car. Happy New Year. Goodluck. Hope they dont do the same to you, as they have done to me so far. Take a look at mine, tell me what you think, I am a page or 2 back. Thank You. Goodluck!!!!!
    Anyone seen any of the new lease numbers for a 2007 G35 yet? Please post if/when you do...thank you very much.
  • dozolaxdozolax Member Posts: 2
    Picked up a 2006 G35 Sedan from Competition Infiniti in Smithtown, NY on Saturday. Here is the deal that we worked out:

-Black on black g35 with premium pkg & wood trim
    -24 month lease
    -12k miles/year
    -1000 paid at inception (first months payment, security dep., etc)
    -447/month (including taxes in NY. This was initially 430/mo but due to my credit they raised the money factor a little.)

I also traded in my 2005 Mazda6 with 30k miles and the car was in so-so condition. My payoff was 13,500 and Smithtown gave me 12,300 which was higher then any other dealer and right on target with KBB's estimation.

It seems like a pretty good deal based on what others have posted. If anyone is interested, I got an even better deal at Manhasset Infiniti but didn't take because they did't have the color that I wanted (they only had silver on black w/the prem. pkg).

They offered the same exact deal as stated above however they quoted the monthlies at 400/month (including tax)! If you don't mind silver that seems like a great deal.

My lesson learned through all of this is the importance of shopping around. If you can walk into a dealership with a lease offer from another dealer in hand (in writing) chances are they will beat it. This is especially true for '06 models.

So far I love the car...
    I'm going to pick up my car tomorrow. Will probably go with the 36 month lease. I guess I got lucky with the car and the salesperson. He found me the '07 G35 sport, black/black, premium, nav, tech, active steer, the works! I have called around and talked to quite a few salespeople who tried to do to me what you have had done to you, the old "bait & switch"...I told them all not to waste my time and unless they had the exact car I was looking for then I wasn't interested. The person I have been working with has done a good job and he's going to get paid well for it. I know I'm paying probably more than I should but the combination (black/black with nav.,tech,etc.) seems to be hard to find and my other lease is up on Thursday. If I wanted the best monetary deal I would have gone with an '06...just couldn't resist the '07 with all the new goodies...
  • newtothisnewtothis Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted this on a 2oo7 g35x awd
    base package
    $1587 total out of pocket includes tax
    $489 a month for 39 months
    10k per yr
    should i make this deal
    dealer is in nj
  • jrock705jrock705 Member Posts: 7
    Yes.. VPP vehicle, PLAN C. Dealer in So Cal was Montclair.
    Wow...I had been talking to them about a VPP plan vehicle, but now I don't know if I want to. They definitely jacked up the finance numbers. Your cap cost is right in line with where it should be for VPP...but they have to have inflated the Money Factor and lowered the residual. I was quoted the same vehicle at 1500 drive off, 36 months/15k miles for only 540/month and that included the tax. But then again I was quoted the best numbers and then they couldn't get the car (it's probably the one that you got...lol) so I have to wait a couple weeks. But still...it will be worth it. Enjoy the car!
    Picked up my car yesterday...wow! It is fun to drive...navi, tech, active steering, etc. lots of stuff to learn how to play with! Got the black with black...great late Christmas present to myself. Got $1100 off msrp, paid $1000 down, 36 months/15,000, $607 including tax...probably wasn't the best overall deal but I got what I wanted in a sport, nav,black/black color which was important to me. Good luck to everyone.
  • michellemassinmichellemassin Member Posts: 1
    I currently lease a 2003 G35 which is up Jan 22 and would like to lease the 2007 G35 Journey with Nav system. I am being quoted the following:

MSRP 37640
    Cap Cost 36000
    1800 down
    39 months
    545/month
    15K miles per year
    Residual $21,078

I just want to make sure Im not getting screwed and am asking the right questions. Im a female and my trying to do this without taking my boyfriend in who thinks he knows everything...:) help please.
    Your lease numbers don't seem too bad....assuming that the 545 per month INCLUDES tax. If not then it's a bit high. It looks like the residual is 56% which I think is in line for 39 months. If you went to 36 months the residual would be 58% and the Money Factor you are getting is about .00228 which is what I was quoted as well for 39 months. If you go to 36 months it should drop to about .00212 Keep in mind that these are the december values and they might change in a couple of days (possibly to your advantage). It also seems like they are putting about 300 towards cap reduction. You'd probably be better off going with a 36 month lease and instead of the 300 cap reduction, put it towards a security deposit. Each sec deposit will drop the MF by .0001

If you go with a 36 month lease and 15k miles per year, with your Cap cost and the best money factor and residual, your payment should be about 558/month including tax (and that is figured out based on California tax rates). This is also with only 1500 for drive off. Granted, they might not want to do that, but it is a reasonable request. If you want to put down a security deposit it will probably cost 550 and with the MF reduction your payment will drop to 552/month including tax. It doesn't seem like much, but if your car is returned in perfect condition you will get your security deposit back. Also, if you go to a 36 month lease over a 39 month lease, it will keep you from having to pay a full year's registration but only use it for 3 months at the end of your lease. Just something to consider since it's a couple hundred bucks and you will just have to pay registration again when your lease expires and you get a new car. I hope this helps.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    benji123,

I think you got a terrific deal for the lease. Which dealership did you get it from? Also, can you post some more details such as MSRP, cap cost, residual, MF? Thanks.
  • Nueva_TeslaNueva_Tesla Member Posts: 11
    I looked to this forum before requesting my Christmas gift from my husband. From what people are saying, good deals on 07 models are slim! My husband emailed around and well, here it is!

2007 G35x AWD
    Ivory Pearl/ wheat leather/brushed aluminum
    Navigation
    Premium Pkg
    (MSRP $38900, Invoice $35,650)
    $36540
    $0 down
    $2200 OTD (NY tax, fees, & 1st month's payment)
    $484/mo for 39 months 12k/year
    1 year free maintainence

They also quoted us 502/mo for 36 months. People were telling us 36 months was better but oh well. Got the car with 32 miles on it, since they didnt have white w/ navigation they had to get it somewhere else.

absolutely faboulous service & salesman... our daughter was helping herself to bagels and drinks while we crunched numbers. now my husband is thinking about getting the M for himself!

SALERNO DUANE in Denville :D ">
  • py777py777 Member Posts: 62
    Hi, this question might have been asked a million times. I am new in terms of the idea of leasing a new car. I am thinking about getting the 2007 G35 6MT.

I have always wonder what should a consumer evaluate when deciding b/w leasing or buying. Is the owning period the only thing that is important? How about when terminating the lease, is it as troublesome as some suggested?

I appreciate if you could give me your opinions on the subject.
  • benji123benji123 Member Posts: 104
    Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys

MSRP: $35,090 (Journey + Premium + Splash Guards)
    Cap Cost: $32,942

(The following were not disclosed to me but I figured out later)

Residual Value: 59% (based on $20,703.10 residual/MSRP)
    MF: 0.00224 (based on monthly payment and above numbers)

I'm really enjoying it so far. This Bluetooth handsfree is a trip.
  • infinitiguy5infinitiguy5 Member Posts: 9
    Congrats!!!

G class is a great vehicle. I sell a lot of these on monthly basis. I work for Hoehn Infiniti here in Calsbad.

Let me know if you have any questions.....

Jordan
    Below is link to this topic. Good luck.">link title

buying vs leasing
  • morgan888morgan888 Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote from cerritos infiniti for a 07 g35 journey: tech, nav, premium, wheels for 38,725 and their offering for 36 months lease with zero down and their payment structuring as below... wondering what would be a fair deal in los angeles area..

G35 Journey
    options: tech, nav, premium, wheels
    selling price: 38,927
    money factor: .00211
    residual: 58%
    terms: 36 months/12k
    drive off: 1,020.84
    payment: 652.09 include tax

Any suggestion is greatly appreicated....
  • yazsyazs Member Posts: 3
    So I've been checking the forum for a few weeks and finally got the car at a decent price in the color I like. Thank you Infiniti of Columbus. They were great to work with.

This car is awesome. Thank you all for the numbers.
    Thanks for the link and your quick reply. However, I didn't find it very helpful as the article concentrated on very simple financial analysis. I guess I got those basics.

I would like to know if dealer really give you trouble when you terminate the lease. Like complaining about damages and stuffs. Is it a common practice for them to get u to lease the next car?

Any bad experiences?

What kind of things in the lease should we pay extra attention to? :D
    As long as you don't destroy your car, you shouldn't have any problems at the end of the lease. Infiniti might not even care if the car is leased thru an outside source...it will be up to the bank's claim people. They have guidlines in place for normal wear and tear on the vehicle. It can actually be a very smooth process.
  • mikeonemikeone Member Posts: 4
    Hey Salerno Duane,

Congratulations on your Christmas present! Could you let me know what dealer and where in NY you got that lease deal on the G35x? I'm looking for the same car but in a different color within the next month. I live on Long Island.

Thanks,
    Mike
    That's very helpful, thanks. I didn't even know that it's not the dealer who sets the guidelines. So, the guidelines are very well defined, no interpretation or subjectivity room? That's very important if the guy who sell you the car is not the guy who set the guidelines to take it back.
    I will second to sprinkler13's post. They won't nickel-n-dime you for normal wear and tear, small scratches or dings. A visual inspection and recording the mileage were all it took. No pressure to get another car, either. A very smooth process indeed.
  • Nueva_TeslaNueva_Tesla Member Posts: 11
    Mike, Salerno Duane in Denville NJ is the dealership's name. Good luck with your search! :D
  • fitzgibbonsfitzgibbons Member Posts: 12
    I received a quote with the following numbers in Las Vegas:

39 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    0 down
    $569 (includes tax of %7.75)
    $19,902.40 Residual

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.
  • heymjoheymjo Member Posts: 8
    I am about to get into a G35 Sport fully loaded (all option packages) but I don't know whether to lease or buy, since I have never leased before. I tend to keep a car for 5 years or so (my last car was 7 years) and I know that the guidelines say "Buy." But here's the catch. I read that Infiniti will probably have a hard top convertible version of the G35 in the next year and a half. That's the car I REALLY want. So my plan is to keep this one for the next 2 years and then buy the hard top convertible, since I don't want to make car payments for life, which is what leasing does. The price of the G35 I am about to get into is $39,350 plus tax and license in California. I planned to put down $20,000 and take out a loan for the balance over 5 years, which should put my payments in the mid-$400's (my credit union offers a 5.99% loan). I was quoted a price of $750 (approx.) for a 2 year no money down lease with 15,000 miles. So which does it pay to do? Buy the car with $20,000 down and $450 month payments and trade it in in 2 years to buy the hard-top convertible or lease for 2 years and just drop off the car and then buy the convertible?
    Those numbers don't seem that far off for a 0 down lease with about 1k off of MSRP. You might be able to negotiate more off the cap cost. If you pay for the acq. fee, registration, upfront tax, and doc fee you can probably lower the payment to around 710 or so per month (including tax).

Now, that being said, I tend to think that if you aren't keeping a car more than 5 years then leasing isn't a bad idea. Granted, some cars hold up better and are still a better value residual wise. But if you know for sure you only want the car for 2 years, then you might want to lease. But you should definitely be able to get that price down some more for a lease.
    Sorry...one other thing...if you really want to save some more money, it might be worth it to look at a Journey instead of Sport. The car drives almost the same and if you can forego the paddles, sport style seat, and steering wheel, a Journey with wheel package will look the same and drive well enough for you for 2 years. PLUS it is cheaper and the financing numbers are more favorable on it. I went thru a similar debate last night between a Journey and sport. In the end the sport won, but I also had VPP pricing that made it only a few hundred over invoice. Without that I absolutely would have gone with the Journey. Just my 2 cents.
  • vmontielvmontiel Member Posts: 4
    its your payment $484 plus taxes?
    thank you I hope you can answer my question.
  • vmontielvmontiel Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me whats the money factor and residual on 24 months for 2007 infiniti g35 sedan?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings newtothis. If you are truly "newtothis" you you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi michellemassin. A typical 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan with the Journey Package and navigation has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $1,640 on the specific one that you are interested in. This leaves you $1,600 to play with. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but this is enough room that I personally would be inclined to comparison shop with another dealer or two in my area to see if I could beat this price. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". One you have arrived at what you believe is the best possible price for this car, make sure that the dealer calculates your monthly payment using Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00213 are you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Wow, congratulations on your new car, milfedout. All I got for Christmas was a lump of coal and some new socks, you must have been much better than I was this year ;) . Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and the details of your deal with all of us. Enjoy your new car!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi morgan888. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Infiniti's buy rate for this model, so that aspect of this deal is good. However, this car's selling price looks a little high to me. What is its MSRP? If you let us know we can see how much of a discount you are being given. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello fitzgibbons. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, vmontiel. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum