Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    2008 Infiniti M35X AWD Sedan
    24 Mo – Residual 66% – .00048
    39 Mo – Residual 53% – .00091

Assumes 10k annual miles.
  • colslickcolslick Member Posts: 29
    Thanks ocautoseeker , I'm ready to go to the table and this info really helps. With the lower MF for May it makes the deal for me the same as Apr buying down the MF with MSD's to .00002 vs Apr MF of .00112 buy down to .00022, even though resdual dropped 1%. This forum is a great resource. Thanks again to you and all the others + car man and kyfdx.
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    OCautoseeker...do you or anyone have May numbers for M45x leases at 24 months?
    Thanks,
    MJC
  • finadvfinadv Member Posts: 59
    Thanks ocautoseeker.

I think armed with this info and the lower MFs this month, I'm ready to pull the trigger. I'm going to try the checkbook.org service for leases mentioned on this site.
  • paps1paps1 Member Posts: 1
    24 months 559 including taxes 1400 down that includes first month, bank fee transfer tax, dmv and their paying my last payment on my current infinti g35 @$490
    M35awd - tech package , xenon lights, 12000 miles
    Is this a good deal somebody please help. Thanks
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    It's interesting....the awd is significantly less expensive than the standard drive M35. I just calculated that for the same options, the AWD model would cost me $40 a month less (I am assuming that you pay two multiple security deposits on the 2wd and 4 MSD's on the 4wd. That's quite a savings for a more expensive car.

I wonder if there are any 4wd cars in Florida for me to lease.....

It's also a good lesson....you have to check alternatives before you lease a car. For example, if you want to lease a mercedes E350, you will find ihat right now, it costs far less each month to lease it for 24 months than for 36 months....and then you have to check out the 4matic and the 320i as well. Actually, the 4matic may also be cheaper than the 2wd cars. winter's over...who's going to buy a 2008 4wd vehicle.... so why not lease one.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cablue. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti M45 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 63%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 owner loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash (whichever you qualify for). They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, colslick. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Infiniti M35 with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 50%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    I don't see why you make such a big deal about multiple security deposits. Even by lowering the money factor, when you multiply the range of high MF By low MF, by 2400 to get the effective interest rate, you are saving a whopping 2% max, and its simple interest not compound interest on a car loan.

Who needs to tie up all that money to save 2 % interest on a short term lease? I mean c'mon, you are financing like $20,000 over 2 years. It is PEANUTS. God, spend more energy negotiating the deal down $400 bucks, then letting a dealership hold your money for 2 years while they can invest it and make more than 2 %. It is very short sighted. Especially if someone is leasing every 2-3 years and doing this stupid exercise over and over again, never having the money actually work for them in investable assets capturing 6-10%.
    Well...let's take a hypothetical case. M35 MF .0005 residual 64% 24 months. Let's use this as the base...and let's look at the case where you give four multiple security deposits....MF drops to .0001...everything else stays the same. MSRP $47600 capitalized cost $43175 $595 bank fee rolled into lease.

Payment for the base case is: $569.93
    Payment for the second case is: $540.03

Savings per month is: $20.90...of for the life of the lease 24 mos, you save $501.60 (24x20.90)...remember everything else is the same...

You loan Infiniti credit 2400 (4 security deposits of $600 each) for two years (which you get back) and you saved $501.60 over those two years.

Let's forget compounding....you saved $250 each year....and that's 10% of the $2400 you tied up. That's a very good return....

Think of it this way....you could forget the Multiple security deposits and put that same $2400 in a CD for 2 years. At the end of the two years you would have approx $2550 (about 3% per year) in your pocket...and you would have paid 569.93 every month because you didn't use MSD's.

Total cost
    No MSD: 24x569.93 = 13678.32 and you have that $150 you earned on the $2400 sitting in the CD or in the bank....so your total cost is 13528.32

With MSD 24x540.03 = 12960.72 (don't forget you get that $2400 back at the end of the lease...just as at the end of the CD.

I didn't take time to check every number...but this is quite close.

Now, you can argue that given the total amount you are spending, who cares about $500.....but there is no negotiations involved here...it's just part of the Infiniti lease and you just ask for it...it's fixed. This is painless...and it actually saves you money.

As one final case...let's assume you put that $2400 down as a capital reduction up front. Your monthly payments are then $461.50 or a total of 11075.89 plus of course the 2400 = 13475.89. You are still paying quite a bit more than the MSD case....

I hope this clarifies why MSD's save money.

Note...Negotiate the best possible lease you can....then just tell them you want to apply multiple MSD's and they will recalculate using your negotiated Capitalized cost (which is the only thing you are really negotiating) and the new, lower MF.

MSD's are not for everyone....But if you are going to pay down the lease up front or if you have cash just sitting in a CD,money market or such, MSD's are a very good idea....
    Hey madrad. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti M45x with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 (that's as good as it gets) and 61%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this ca, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    my M35 lease is up next month....My dealer gave me a 24 mo 12K lease quote of around $650 to lease the 08 M35/tech...about $75 more than my current payment. The residual on an M35 is now 62% on a 24 mos lease.

So I started to think about alternatives...after all, I leased the M for 24 mos because I like change. The 08 M35 is almost exactly like my 06 M (newer nav and a passenger seat that adjusts..that's it).

I woke up this am realizing I hadn't really looked at the G....larger engine, slightly lighter car (economy?)...so I went to take a look. Did not drive one (my salesman's day off)..but I did price one out on a lease. Using MSD's, I can lease a G35 with almost every feature for $100 less than my current M....because even though the MF is higher (which I buy down with MSD's), the 24 mo 12K residual is 70%....yes...SEVENTY PERCENT. That's unheard of...and by the way the residual on the G37 for those of you who can live with a 2 dr car is even higher. These are incredibly good deals.....

The G even has a few features over the M that are actually important to me. One is the sports seats where the bottom cushion can be extended to support my long legs...and retracted so my much shorter wife is comfortable..and it does that on both driver and passenger sides. The other is paddle shifters which should be fun on an engine that's more powerful than the M's on a lighter car.

I give up some seat room...but there's enough room for two if I'm not driving across country.

I think my search has ended.....I'll drive one tomorrow.
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    Excellent deal. I've had quotes from two different dealers of ~ $2500 up front and > $600 per month for 39 months! I would jump all over the deal you have been offered. Bart :shades:
  • kimokakakimokaka Member Posts: 2
    hey carman,

What are the money factors and residuals on the M35x with 10K for 36 and 39 months for May. I've seen a couple different numbers.
    Thanks
  • 2confused22confused2 Member Posts: 5
    What is the current residual and MF for a M35:

12K 39 mos
    10K 39 mos

Thanks.
  • rogerthat_101rogerthat_101 Member Posts: 17
    Still contemplating,

I've got an offer to buy a 2007 new m35 sport black and black with nav/ tech package for $40,000 (good deal)? or would I be able to get it lower. it would be financed with money down
    The 2008 m35 would be a lease for 24 or 36 mth around 650 to 750 per month.

the 2008 m35 offers the nav tech package as well.

anyone suggestions.
    is this a car for the long run or short run.
    I see many of them seem to lease it and then return it.
    is it better to lease or get get it financed and buy the car.
    any suggestions or opinions would help.
    kimokaka,

M35x for the terms you requested are as follows for the month of May:

36M - Residual 54% - .00070
    39M - Residual 53% - .00091

Based on 10k annual miles.

* Rates may vary by region.
    2confused2,

Here are the numbers for the terms you requested:

M35

39M / 10k - Residual 52% - .00104
    39M / 12k - Residual 51% - .00104

* Rates may vary by region.
    The 2007 and 2008 are almost exactly the same car with some changes in the navigation system. Dealers are asking 34000 for 2006's that are back from lease.....so a 2007 is probably a 38000 car. If you are leasing, it doesn't matter which one you get...get the cheaper one (total cost not monthly cost). If you are considering purchasing at the end of the lease, get the 2008 car...and just forget the 2007 one.

I will bet that the 2008 actually leases for less total cost over the life of the lease than the 2007.....there is $1000 that infiniti throws in as a capital cost reduction....and I have no idea what the lease of a 2007 would be...if you get a quote, please post it here..I'd like to see the money factor and residual on a 2007 leased today.

Please Please focus on the total cost of the lease..not the monthly payments. Make no capital cost reduction of your own. Then compare the total costs.
    If I were buying and planning to keep the car for a lonnnnnnnng time I would get the '07 because the cost is materially lower ... and significantly lower than the difference in model year value five or so years down the road. The '07 that you're describing is essentially the '06 I have that lists ~ $50K so you're getting ~ 20% off msrp. To make sense of the best option I would recommend looking at resale values of comparable cars five years old. The '07 and '08 are essentially identical cars so there's no upside to one v. the other ... with the exception of your amortized cost over the expected life of ownership. Bart :shades:
  • blackknightsblackknights Member Posts: 4
    Here is the deal I recently got on an M45x with Tech, Adv Tech, Splash Guards and Trunk Mat:

MSRP: $60,275
    Vehicle Cost: $54,409 (includes $2,000 Infiniti lease incentive)
    Cap Cost: $57,208 (includes doc fee and NJ sales tax)
    Monthly PMT: $734
    OOP: $1,400 (includes first month and DMV)

Great car!
    my M35 lease is up next month....My dealer gave me a 24 mo 12K lease quote of around $650 to lease the 08 M35/tech...about $75 more than my current payment. The residual on an M35 is now 62% on a 24 mos lease.

So I started to think about alternatives...after all, I leased the M for 24 mos because I like change. The 08 M35 is almost exactly like my 06 M (newer nav and a passenger seat that adjusts..that's it).

ghstudio: Seems you and I leased the same car in April of 2005 and are getting identical quotes now to move up. I'm frankly surprised that an M with a $4K lower msrp now (fewer options) and $2K loyalty bonus is going to cost me MORE than my current lease! :( My M hasn't hit 22K miles yet so there's a good chance I'll buy it off the lease rather than start anew. Bart :shades:
  • lengelberglengelberg Member Posts: 6
    You should be able to do better. We just returned our 2006 M35x and leased a 2008 M35x with tech and xenons--$619/mo for 24 months, 15K miles, and 790 down (1st payment, and sales tax on $2000 loyalty cash), including NY sales tax in payment.
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. My M35x lease is up at the end of June (well, it matures the first week of July, but the last payment will be made in a few weeks).

I did the 21 month lease and only have (yikes!) 14650 miles on the car. I hate to give it back, but the payoff is just too high as the residual was like 72% on the original lease and the MF was .00006. As a result, I have a really low monthly payment at $525/month.

Also, I've been getting the same story on leasing an '08 - around $100 or more per month. Ummm, I don't think so. Not to mention that I now have to add the Xenon Pkg and Tech package to keep most of the features that I have now, bringing the car to over $50k MSRP ...

With May's new MF, the price dropped around $30/month, but to be anywhere close to what I'm paying, a dealer would have to apply the $2000 loyalty back of invoice and then go another $1000 below invoice - so the net result would be a selling price/cap cost of $3000 below invoice. That would bring me in around $510/month, and I DOUBT that is gonna happen ...

Gonna go drive the G and look to be somewhere in the mid $400's - which CAN be possible ... I think.
  • nkodreamnkodream Member Posts: 1
    Hi there...first time on site and had a few more questions on your deal....

How many months was your lease deal for and how many miles?

Were you familiar with the national ad Infiniti is running? Sounds like you may have done better than the ad???

Thanks!
  • blackknightsblackknights Member Posts: 4
    Good question, key information:

39 months/10K per year

I did not see the national add, what were the terms?
  • tklein2tklein2 Member Posts: 3
    Which Infiniti models allow either or the, $2000 loyalty cash or the $1000 conquest? For the $1000 conquest .... what kind of vehicles do you need to own to qualify for the conquest?
    The $2K loyalty credit applies to the QX, the M, and the new crossover . It does not apply to either of the G's or the old FX . Bart :shades:
    lengelberg: I agree with you but none of the Infiniti dealers in AZ are willing to budge and if they don't I won't be driving another M after July 4. My lease is done on July 5 and I'm hoping that either Memorial Day or July 4 "sales" will push the numbers down. If not I'll not be leasing my third Infiniti. The cars have been stunningly good, the service superb, the convenience can't be beaten ... but when I perceive myself as paying more for less I will go elsewhere. There are plenty of nice cars out there at significantly more competitive rates and I can be happy with most of them. Bart :( :shades:
    blov84....get the lease price on the 35X....you will save $50 a month on your lease cost due to the MF/residuals. The non X is more expensive to lease, even though it is a less expensive car.

BTW...I was quoted about $485 for a G35/tech/nav 12K 24mo lease..no money down. I don't remember if it included MSD's. It's a price performer, but not as nice a car...
    I leased an m35 sport with journey and tech in July 2006. I paid $300 upfront out of pocket, and leased for 24 months and 15K miles a year. My pmt was about $612 + tax. I believe this was a good deal at the time.

Now I asked a dealer for a quote on a 2008 m35 sport with tech and advanced tech....he hit me at $610+ tax with about $1300 out of pocket. With the $2000 loyalty money why am I coming up with $1000 more out of pocket? He tried to tell me the car was a $1300 loser on the books already, and he wouldn't go lower. I explained to him that ownership "packs" the computer with higher internal cost to have the sales people believe the dealer ship is "losing money" to make them stronger negotiators. (I was in the business years ago...man, they love to keep the sales force dumb)...

anyway, what would be a ballbuster lease for an M35 Sport, tech and advanced tech, MSRP is about $52000; 24 months, 15K yr; 1st pmt only upfront. I gotta believe I can get this deal for $575 + tax. It seems like everyone can get the $610+ tax deal with inceptions upfront. I like to think I am special. What would a real special deal be? The kind of deal where the manager has to beg you to come back in deal....
    $575 plus tax....with $575 and title/registration fees for the first month. That leaves the dealer with about $1000 profit after applying the $2000 to the deal.....

The dealers just love saying..."we'll sell you the car at invoice"...which of course means "we'd be glad to sell you the car (and make the $2000 conquest money plus the administrative fee as our profit)u. Split the $1000 with them....and then refuse pay the "administrative fee"...just give them $1000 profit.

You were in the industry....but here's how I would do it. I would walk in..find my salesman and say let's sit down with the sales manager or whoever can approve a lease deal. (of course, if the salesman tells you they don't work that way, just walk over to the sales manager's office and walk in...that gets their attention).... Do not waste time by dealing with just the salesman....make them sit together. The idea is that you control the meeting, you control the time, etc. Then I would offer the following deal: I'll give you $1000 over the invoice price reduced, of course, by the $2000 conquest money...so my capitalized cost will actually be $1000 under the printed invoice plus the origination fee ($595).....Let's calculate the payment using the Infiniti finance MF and residual. No money down, I'll give you the first month's payment plus title/registration at the start of the lease. As you know, they will immediately say they can't waive the "administrative fee"....so my response would be: I guess you can split the $1000 any way you want". Then I would stop talking.....say nothing....just wait as long as it takes for them to say something...(you maintain control this way). After they explain that they can't do it for whatever reason they think up...observe that they sure have a lot of M35's on the lot, they don't get great gas mileage, gas is up close to $4 a gallon and the 09's are coming pretty soon. You are ready to sign if they would like to have one less M35 on their lot. Be prepared to get up and head for the door after telling them to call you if they can make the deal happen. You know all this, of course....

And of course, you just ignore that window sticker with the dealer installed stuff: the "protective coating", "leather preservative package" or the latest one I've seen: "nitrogen filled tires $295)" (our local mercedes dealer has that on every car)....

Hey...if this works, let me know...I might just use it (just kidding).

You actually could get a much better deal on a 35x....of course without the sports package.....the residual is higher.
    I agree. I never deal with the salesmen. I generally call my contacts in the industry and get referred in to the GM or GSM. I never offer any profit actually. I always ask for invoice minus incentives minus holdback minus administrative doc fees minus any retro money that they will receive if the dealership hits their number for the month. This immediately frames the conversation from the net net bottom. I figure it worked two years ago. The MSRP was $51,000. My cap cost was $45,000. I only paid $300 upfront for transporting the car from North Carolina. There was no dealer money at the time.

After I get my shopping numbers,I will go back to the same GM this time, but I won't let my guard down just because he sold me one car aggressively before. I will shop him again. I figure with the incentive money I should really be at $535+ tax for an M35 Sport with Tech and Advanced Tech packages if I am paying the acquisition fee and 1st pmt. They can bite me for the doc fee. That is just pure padded profit. In 1995 our doc fee was $99.00. We raised the fee every 6 mos. to 12 mos until we realized people would pay $499. I always felt guilty charging the doc fee. Our dealershiop even got sued because our ad prices said the price + tax tag and title. No doc fee mentioned. If a customer ever brought it up we would waivei.e. "back out" the doc fee if the customer was on the ad car. Dealerships today act like your supid when you tell them the doc fee is their profit. They always say "profit" is not a dirty word.
  • ram60ram60 Member Posts: 20
    GHStudio, Et Al

I just came out of a 24 mth lease on an 06 M45 sport tech. like many folks I am now finding even an M35 is leasing about $100.00 higher than my previous deal
    ( The M45 was $499.99 base and $34.93 tax).

I have an offer on the table for the following:

M35 Sport / Tech
    MSRP $50,105.00
    Sales Price ( supposedly invoice) $45,714.00
    Residual % 61
    M.F. .00028
    Term 24 mth
    Miles / yr 15 K

Even with 2K in Loyality cap reduction , 2 MSD's and assuming for the moment $595 bank fee and $498 Doc Fee I end up with:

New payment 08 M35 $596.29 and $41.75 tx for a total payment of $638.24

Am I doing the math correctly?

If so is the residual decrease the primary factor in the payment increase?

Thanks in advance for the help/

Cheers,
    Never seen an M35x in Atlanta. No need for all wheel drive down here.

And yes I know the game all too well after being in F& I, on the desk, and holding the sales record of selling 46 cars in one month when I worked the floor.

The game is a damn waste of everybody's time, and because I know it so well it is all the more frustrating.

I have never bought a car through a salesperson in my life. The salesperson ends up just getting the car washed after the manager gives him the house deal.

I called IFS and extended my lease 90 days until October. It should be interesting to see the incentives then...The residuals will be lower, but there should be at least another $1000 incentive on the car plus ridiculously low MFs
    ram60....in a word...yes, it's the reduced residual...your MF was probably just as low in 06 as it is now.

ltcadvisor: I am also thinking about extending my lease...but I don't think it will get very much better. If I extend, it's to see if the 09 mercedes c350 becomes a 305hp car..or to see if the jaguar XF price/lease becomes affordable (I love that car)...or to see the new FX or maybe the 2009 M will appear with a new transmission. On the other hand, there are some big changes coming in 2010 and maybe the best option is to lease another M for 24 mos and position for the 2010's....tough call. Of course if the lease on the 06 is less than a new 08...why not pay the lower price for a few more months....
    Amen! ghstudio
    I'm turning in 06 M35 and extended a month to see if May would improve things and bring me happiness - wrong. I'm dealing for invoice and the 3% May residual reduction ( I use msd so MF no impact) increased mo payment by $63.69. Even if they throw another 1K onto the current 2K w/ same lease factors in Jun it won't = the Apr payment (but would lower that $63.69 increase by $50.)I had 70% MF in 06 (21 mos) and at that time the 24 mo was 65%. Also considering the poor gas mileage I get the other carI'm looking at would save me $43.per mo @ $4/gal. We were lucky in 06, M35 has met reality, although when I sit in it I feel like I in a vintage Chris Craft and hate to part with it. Good luck with your decision.
    I extended my lease from July to October because I felt to have my lease expire in the fall for years to come will be more advantageous than in the middle of the summer. First of all, many new cars are released in the fall, so you either can get a great deal on yesterday's news, or you can opt for the brand new release and stay current. Also, with summer vacations in June and July every year, i just don't want to deal with feeling pressure to make a buying decision when I would rather relax with the family.

It will be interesting to see if Jaguar has good deals on the XF. It is a sweet car, but I am 6'5" and don't fit too well in it. I don't think you can get into the XF for $600/mo. with no money down though. I don't think there are any cars with an MSRP of 52K that you can lease as well as the M. If anybody knows of any other cars, I would like to know. I love the M, though. Just pi$$ed that I can't get Sirius radio anymore to listen to the NFL games.
  • rspier01rspier01 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to lease a new m35x. If you lease a car with 12k miles and the lease is for 39 mos, do you get 36k miles or 39k miles for the life of the lease?
    Thanks
    12K is the number of miles you get per 12 months....or 1000 miles per month. Multiply 1000 times the number of months of the lease.....
  • shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    My lease of a 2006 M35x is about to end in late August. My initial terms were 39 months, 15,000 miles per year. My end of lease purchase option is for $32,812. I looked on edmunds, my car which has 44,000 miles, is in excellent condition and is fully loaded(prem, nav, tech, spoiler, splash guards) is listed as $34,255 dealer retail, $31,576 private party, $28,874 trade-in. I like the car, would it be wise to purchase the car at that price(actually finance)? or just lease an 08 as my monthly payment is currently $639 and looks like people are getting better numbers on 08's.
    I would lease another X.....the residual and MF on the X are much better than on the regular M right now (who knows about June though) and there is $2000 that they will apply as if it's a captial cost reduction up front....so your capitalized cost should be about $1000 under invoice....then apply some multiple security deposits and you should get a very good deal. You also will get a newer, better navigation unit....and you will get a much more comfortable, adjustable passenger seat.

I wouldn't buy an 06 with that many miles with no warranty when I could lease for almost no finance charge and a residual that is more than the gas eating car will be worth in 2-3 years. BTW...check out the 24 mo vs the 36 mo lease...the MF is lower on the shorter lease.
    Yes, in theory, you could buy a car for $2000 under invoice if the dealer was willing to sell you the car at invoice. The $2000 is available for both lease and purchase...and the best way to think of it is that the real invoice is $2k less than what the dealer shows you. So getting a lease on an M with a capital cost of $1000 under the printed invoice price still gives the dealer $1000 profit plus the administrative fees...you can certainly shoot for less cost.

The best M deal is on the X in May.....my quick calculation told me an X equiped the same as an M cost $50 a less on a 24 mo lease.

The G is very attractively priced....but it is not the same car...it drives peppier but I hate adjustable steering wheels that move the top of the dash with them because that gap reflects in the window. The M is larger and better (softer) riding...but not quite as peppy.
  • shivanshivan Member Posts: 34
    That sounds like a good planm but should I negotiate a 2008 M35x lease now or wait? My lease is not up till 8/28. Do you think any dealership would be willing to get me into a leased 08 m35x and eat the payments on the 06. I can't imagine them wanting to get my cap cost down to $1000 under invoice if they are going to have to pay 2 or more payments on the 06 m35x. I don't want to wait too long because the $2000 credit will be gone and I'm worried about the MF increasing on the X over the next few months.
    We don't know the june rates...but the 2000 expires at the end of june....but it could be extended. If you want to lock in the 2000, then you are going to have to start your lease June 30. The dealer won't eat your last payments...he'll just roll them into your new lease...so you really haven't saved anything.

I think I'd be a gambler and wait until August. At that point you will have a few more 4wd options including the new FX...the EX will still be lower cost than the M (and I think a nicer car than the G)...and there could be some additional choices. Infiniti may offer a real deal on X's if they have a lot left over when the 09's appear....and don't discount the G35x.

Sure...the MF might increase and the residual may decrease.....no one can tell you what to do....I can only tell you what I'd do Also remember, you can extend your lease for 2-3 months at the same rate (and they give you the appropriate extra miles) so that would buy you even a few more months to make the choice. Given gas prices, you might be able to get an 09 M35x for what you can get an 08 M35x for now....Folks aren't exactly rushing to buy these fuel burning cars...
  • madradmadrad Member Posts: 32
    Thanks to Car_man HOST for May money factors, etc., but couldn't get around to deciding before now.

Can you supply money factor and residuals for 2008 M 45 x
    for 24 months, excellent credit, 12K miles (unless no significant difference for 15K).

I'm hoping the nearly "free" money of .00001 continues....

Many thanks.

Have my eye on 2008 M45x with tech, advanced tech, mats, mud flaps and spoiler.

Has anybody bought anything similar recently?
    Was negotiating an M35 lease today and the Finance mgr said the program was same as May: 24/15K=61%/.00024 -36/15K=50%/.00082. I guess they could change later in month but with M sales down 23.3% again in probably not
    shivan, I had an I35 on 36 mo lease and wanted to turn it in two mos early in 06 to get an M35 as the inventories were getting low . I called IFS and explained that I was working a deal on an 06 M35 at such and such a dealership and could I possibly terminate my lease early. They agreed and waived my final two payments less 2 mos mileage Times may nave changed since then as the I35 was a hot resale car and they were pushing M35s hard. But you might try. Good luck
  • agoodsagoods Member Posts: 7
    Trying to negotiate an M35x (base model) and FX35 AWD simultaneously, and think that the FX35 is a better deal (with the new model due in at the end of the month), but much prefer the M35x.

What do you think of this deal?

MSRP: 45,675
    TOP: 2,869 (NY taxes, 1st mo, bank fee) + DMV
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10k/year
    Monthly pmt: $480.00

I think it is getting close to being a good deal, but still am unsure whether it is worth the extra $75/month over the FX35 (MSRP $43,020). I am not eligible for the loyalty rebate (only the conquest rebate).

Any insight would be appreciated.
    A few points...

I think you will find that a 24 month lease actually costs you less, at least on the M35x....and just FYI the lease on the M35x is better than that on the M35

If you are getting an M, get the technology package...it really makes a difference.

The M navigation allows voice entry of addresses. The '08 FX does not which I don't understand, but that's the way it is.

Personally, if I were getting a crossover/suv, I would get the new '09 murano before I would buy the '08 FX. When it first came out the murano was selling for MSRP...now they are eager to sell and the negotiated lease/purchase price can be very attractive.