Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Lease Questions

Comments

• gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    I know where you're coming from, we had Dodge Caravan (LEMON!) a couple of cars ago and it had the console DVD. Our kids were too young to manage the DVD, so it was very helpful to have it up front. Now they are older (10 and 6) and can handle it. But since one's a boy and one's a girl, the bigger issue is finding a movie they both like.

Your right though, it's hard to come up a design that meets the needs of every family.....
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi Carman,
    Looking to pick up a 2008 AWD QX56 later this week. Can you give me the 24 and 36 month IFS money factors and residuals for 12K miles? Also, is the 1,500 rebate that Infiniti is offering right now good towards leases?
    Thanks!
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    Boy + Girl = Dual Headrest DVD Players :)

I almost just went ahead and did that through the dealer but I saw how much cheaper they were through online places and I believe that the Tech Package forces you to get the DVD package. Nevertheless, I'm sure that we'll be getting headrest DVDs in a few years.....

How do you like the QX so far though?
    We actually pick it up on Monday. Even though we're in Dallas, we ended up getting a better deal from an Infiniti dealer in Austin. They are bringing it up on Monday to close the deal.

We turn in our old lease that morning and get the QX that afternoon....
    Great! Post when you get it....it'll help me get through another week of waiting for ours!
    e-mail me and i'll give you the details on how I got the great deal.....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, monkeyshift. Through the end of March, Infiniti Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00174 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey monkeyshift. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00072 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00109 and 54%. I don't believe that the $1,500 is good on vehicles that are leased through IFS, just ones that are financed through it.

Car_man
    Host
  • benbobenbo Member Posts: 13
    I posted yesterday questioning whether to buy a low mileage 2007 or new 2008. Response was to buy a 2008. I now read about leasing where it was stated to not put $6000.00 toward lease. I was planning on buying with $20,000.00 more or less down. I can't seem to warm up to a lease. Any posters with input as to what direction to take. Any responses will be taken in stride. I am going to pull the trigger within ten days, one way or the other.
    We always buy, but that is bc we drive 20K/year and typically hold onto our vehicles for 5-7 years and then get another to replace whatever we're getting rid of.

If you do lease, you don't want to put much down...not more than a couple grand. At least that was always that I looked at leasing.....

Good luck with your decision.
  • murphdog1murphdog1 Member Posts: 11
    10 years of leasing and I have never put down 1 penny on any of the 8 cars (between me and my wife-1 Phaeton, 3 Lexus GS's, 1 Sequoia, 1 Expedition EB, 1 Jeep Cherokee LTD, 1 QX56). DO NOT put any money down other than 1st month and TTL!!!

Your $6000 over 36 months wisely invested will be the difference.

59,215 MSRP, let's say you get it for 54K and put 20K down, you're still in the high 6's on a depreciating asset.

Lease it, pay your 700-750 / month and let your 6K investment return offset the cost.
  • caligirl5caligirl5 Member Posts: 23
    Car_man, can you post the current money factor and residual for the 2WD QX56 with DVD player for a 3 year/12.000 mile per year lease?
    Thank you
  • casy76casy76 Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to get a qx56 next week and am trying to get an estimate on monthly payment. It is a 39 month lease with 12000 miles per year and the first month payment at signing. The dealership quoted me $845 a month for a $53113 msrp with destination and document fees and 6.3% sales tax. My figures came to be around $740. Now, am I totally off on my figures or is this dealership trying to screw me or is the finance person an idiot? The salesman I'm dealing with told me this finance person is the "guru" of leasing and can answer all questions. When I confronted her about my figures and hers not jiving, she called me back and said someone else will try to get the numbers correct. Also, I've called 8 different dealerships and asked if it is absolutly impairative to use 91 octane fuel. Seven said it will only reduce performance, but will not hurt the motor at all, one even said their dealership only uses 87 octane on all their Infinitis. The one that said no made it very clear on not using it. I even called Infiniti and they said the owners manual says 91, but 87 is ok. I work at a c-store that only has 87 octane and I get a discount on fuel, thus the problem. Should I get something in writing stating that the dealership said it was ok to use the 87 octane? I will put 91 anytime I'm out of town, but never while fueling in my town.
    I can't comment on the leasing numbers since we don't ever lease and I don't know much about it. I do know that Infiniti has a calculator on their website that works up lease numbers for you.

As for the fuel requirement...we owned an '01 Pathfinder before the QX. It too had the same "premium fuel recommended for best performance" stickers. We put premium in it for several years until gas prices got really high. I switched it over to regular w/out telling my wife. She never noticed a change in performance nor did our mileage change. So it was obvious that 87 octane was a-ok for the Pathfinder.

We just got a QX and we'll be putting premium in it for at least the first several years (unless premium prices go waaay up compared to regular) since we tend to hold onto our vehicles for several years. Since you're planning to lease, I'm not sure why you would spend the extra $$$$ in gas for a vehicle that you don't plan on keeping for a long time. Infiniti will not be able to "gig" you for not using premium since they do not require it. It is merely "recommended"....
  • murphdog1murphdog1 Member Posts: 11
    Casy

Waaayyy off. The March deals just got better. I just picked up an 08 QX last Saturday with a $59,210 sticker. 39 months, 10K miles a year, $0 down for $660 plus 5% MA sales tax. After I bought the truck, another dealer told called me and told me he could do $630, but I already signed.

Your 12K might add a point or two to the residual, but shouldn't affect the payment by much.

Remember, no matter what they tell you...they ARE NOT selling these trucks. It is very slow right now, especially with $4 gas coming soon.

I just filled up today---$80.00

Good luck!
    I posted previously about squirming between purchase of a like new '07 QX56 and a new one. I purchased a new QX56 this week-end. After what seemed like a weekend of Sundays the dealer quoted $49,450 for a 2WD with options that totaled $56500.00. I would not buy all of the dealer add on , paint treatment, special tire inflation, leather treatment etc. The final price was after the $1500 incentive. I MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ANOTHER $500-1500 BUT MY WIFE STARTED TO SEE AN UGLY SIDE OF ME. Nice truck and so far, no buyers remorse. Maybe it is too soon, but I knew what I wanted to pay , around $48,000, W/O the entertainment package. I got the package and some other minor stuff for the above price, Oh well !
    By the way, I had another dealer offer me a used '08, similalrly equipped for $48,000.00
    Congrats!!!! I'm sure that you'll be MUCH happier with the '08's improved interior and extra options than the '07. I too was amused at how much one dealer was trying to charge for two used '08's. I ended up getting my brand new QX for less than they were asking for their preowned models.

What colors? It sounds like you got a 2wd w/out DVD or the Tech package, correct?

That is why I don't bring my wife to the negotiating sessions. First off, she does not want to deal with the shenanigans, but second, she knows that I can start copping my "Jersey attitude" :shades: if I get ticked off at something/somebody. Thankfully, I had a great dealer who moved quickly on their price and got me where I wanted to be. I too left a couple hundred dollars on the table, but it was not worth the effort to get such a tiny amount of $$$ compared to the total purchase price.

Congrats again!
    I bought a 2WD black with black interior WITH the entertainment package and a few other options. I am satisfied, my wife is happy and there are more important matters in the world other than haggling with a salesperson about a $1000.00 more or less. I am quite sure that I am going to enjoy it the few times my wife lets me behind the wheel. This web-site was quite helpful and I felt comfortable locking onto a price and not budging
    Good for you...I love the black interior..much easier to keep clean!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Congratulations benbo enjoy your new purchase. I tried to get the QX without DVD but very hard to find. Felt DVD not worth the price. We have a stone interior which can get very dirty, I try to wipe it down on the weekends. Had to buy carpet mats as the 2nd and 3rd row seat carpets can get destroyed. I only drive the SUV on the weekends as this is the wife's vehicle. Current gas mileage about 11mpg, suspect it will improve as the engine breaks in.
    Just flipped over 1100 miles and we've been averaging 14.5 miles. That is on a 4WD. We've been taking it relatively easy since we're on the break-in, but nothing too easy.
  • duncan66duncan66 Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking to lease a 2008 QX56 4WD in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know the residual value and money factor with 15,000 per year for a 3 year lease?
    Thanks
  • neocortexneocortex Member Posts: 22
    Car Man,

I am currently looking to lease a '08 QX56 2WD with DVD and no additional extras. I am in Southern California and have recieved the following bid. The vehicle in question includes the Tow Package, as well as splash guards and cargo net (both of which I'm going to see if can be thrown in for free).

MSRP is $55,625 - invoice is $50,984

There is $1000 conquest cash being used from Infiniti being used as part of the down. I'm also contributing $2000.00 down out of pocket.

Here's what the dealer has proposed:

36 months/12k miles
    - $2000 down + $1000 conquest cash
    - $654 + tax = $708.76 (residual 55%)

39 months /12k miles
    - $2000 down + $1000 conquest cash
    - $637 + tax = $690.31 (residual 54%)

Do these residual values look correct? Is there a better price available? Where can I potentially get a better deal or am I kidding myself?
    Hi caligirl5. Here's the info that you're looking for. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00148 and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 owner loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash to the current owners of competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new QX56, benbo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, duncan66. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 owner loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi neocortex. The residual values that you were quoted are correct. You mentioned this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price in your post, but not what selling price you are being given. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • jabes30jabes30 Member Posts: 5
    This is the best deal I have gotten:

Sticker---$59,215.
    Cap Cost---$54,275. (includes conquest rebate)
    39 months
    12k per year
    Money Factor---.00125
    Residual 53%

Upfront Money---$1,500. 1st months payment plus fees

$742. per month

Dealer said this is his absolute best.
  • jkrutchjkrutch Member Posts: 6
    I think I did very well on our new truck. $59,310 MSRP, 4WD, Technology Package, Mobile Ent. Pkg. and the split bench option (8 passenger capability)

$785/MO (inc'd 6% tax) sign and drive (no cash up front and 23 payments remaining).

24 months and 10k miles per year.

Residual is 67% and money factor is .00072.

I did get $1,000 credit for competing vehicle.

Selling price $54,700
    Bank Fee $595
    Upfront cash added back in to cap cost - $580

The upfront was $1580 less the $1000 Conquest credit.

Up front was 1st payment, Dealer Svc. Fee $695, $100 misc. DMV stuff.

Total Cap Cost $55,875

We pick it up tomorrow.
    Well my bubble was just popped. I called to inform the dealer to get the contract ready and that we decided to go with 10K miles. Infiniti does not offer 10k for 24 months. So we have to go 12k. It may not be worth it since 15k is only $25 more per month. Nonetheless, it is still a good deal.
    Who is the dealer? My best deal is shown above. Thanks,
  • fpinhofpinho Member Posts: 58
    Local dealer has this advertised tell me what you think ????

Truck is fully loaded with MSRP of $59310.00
    ONLY $599 p/mo
    24 Month Lease!- NO LONG TERM COMMITMENT
    ONLY $1595 Down Payment,
    $599 1st months payment, $595 bank fee & $0 Security Deposit = $2789 at delivery + tax, tags & MV Fees.
    Includes $2000 Infiniti Owner Loyalty Rebate (if qualified).
    Looks quite good, depending upon the mileage allowance.
  • reg722reg722 Member Posts: 5
    Im in So Cal and here's the deal thats being offered to me:

2008 QX56 2wd w/dvd
    MSRP: $56,625
    Invoice: $50,801
    Selling Price: $50,801
    Down Payment: $1000 out of pocket + $1000 Conquest rebate for Total of $2000
    Payments: $732 including tax
    Money Factor: 1.460
    Lease Term: 39 Months/ 15k Miles a year
    Residual Value: $28,821

Does this sound reasonable or can I do better?
  • neocortexneocortex Member Posts: 22
    That looks like a pretty good price to me - I was also looking at a QX56 and was able to get them to inovoice, but it seems that you were able to do a bit better in terms of the overall price - Is it DVD + all the other extras?

What So Cal dealer, if I may ask?
  • reg722reg722 Member Posts: 5
    It only includes the DVD although I may have room to ask for more. Dealer just called and told me they sold the one I wanted. They only have 1 left and it includes the technology package. They have one other but its AWD which I dont need. The dealership is Metro Infiniti in Monrovia.
    Hi Just back from from dealer they offered me this deal. Could someone calculate the numbers for me and let me know if it is a good deal?

MSRP - 59310.00
    CapCost manager told me 51713.46
    Residual - 64%
    Money Factor: .00046
    24 month lease 10K per year

Total out of pocket due at signing which includes tax tags title and paying off my last lease payment of 393.00 comes out to 4000.00 out of pocket and my payment per month would be 599.00. They also said they could do 635.00 p/month with 3600.00 total out of pocket. Please note this deal is in NJ tax is 7%

I also get the 2000 owner loyalty which is calculated into the numbers above.

How aggressive is this deal? Should I jump on it or wait till next month?

- Frank
  • conzconz Member Posts: 2
    Pass on it! This is a newspaper lease that evry other walk in can get. The lots are filling up with big suv's. Local dealer is offering Escalade with $10,5000 off sticker.
    Sorry for the delay....Sawgrass Infiniti....Matt Parks is my salesman. Great guy to deal with.
    Strange....when we got our truck on May 1st, they told me 10k was not available for a 24 month lease on the QX. Is this true? Since the difference was small between 12k and 15k, I ended up just taking the 15k which had a 64% residual on our AWD QX56. Normally, a 12k lease brings a 2% increase in residual over 15k miles, but if memory serves me correctly, they said it was a 1% increase. Nonetheless, I am glad we went with 15k since we'll end up using it anyways.
    Hi,

Could someone post the July numbers when they become available:

24 month with 10K, 12K, 15K miles for 4WD QX56 with MSRP 59310.00

Thanks
    Hi Jabes,

Did you lease the QX56 yet. I just picked up mine last night ... What a truck !
    Picked up our QX56 last night ....

Black on Black
    MSRP 59310.00 -- Loaded
    Total out of pocket: 3000.00 (We wanted to keep payment below 625.00)
    Montly payment with tax. 623.12
    24 months / 15K per year

No other dealer in NJ would come close to this number .....I called them all ....
    Congratulations fpinho!!!

I haven't leased it yet...now acrtually considering a purchase.

I contacted a bunch of other dealers...almost every one told me that truck couldn't be delivered for the price I noted above.

What was the payment they quoted with no money down?

Best of luck!!!
    Hi Jabes ... Thanks ...

I never did get a quote for no money down. The way gas prices are now, buying the truck didnt make much sense to us (resale value) and thats why we went with the lease. I actually used a friend of a friend who owns a leasing company and thats how I was able to get the truck for the numbers I listed before. I can give you his number if your interested just send me your email address.
  • wittmerwittmer Member Posts: 2
    Need some help on a lease for a 2008 QX56 MSRP 59,310

I have been quoted 53,948 less the 5,000 cash rebate netting to 48,948 if I buy and do not use the 0% financing.

1st question = using the edmunds pricing with options feature, the TMV for the 59,310 equipped vehicle indicates 51,319 for the TMV and an invoice price of 54,292. Is the TMV price of 51,319 price before or after the $5,000 marketing support available in July 08? I am thinking it must be before the 5K rebate since the invoice is 54,292. Just want to confirm the "what others are paying" price so I clearly understand what I need to shoot for.

Because I am concerned about the ultimate resale, I still want to lease versus purchase the vehicle despite the 0% financing. I need to pick this up from some NJ dealer this month (3rd kid coming < 30days and can't fit 3 car seats in my Jeep) NJ sales tax is 7%. I do not have a trade-in.

I have been quoted 779/mo for 39 months for 15K miles per year. Just inception money of about 1,800 ( bank fee, 1st month, NJ tax, etc) I learned the residual is 49% and money factor is .00138.

$779 Seems high when I try to calc the lease pmt myself, especially assuming I can use the 5,000 rebate in arriving at cap cost.

This deal does not seem to come close to pfinho's above.

Can someone please offer advice or suggest a dealership in southern central NJ?

Also, can someone confirm the QX56 body style changes in 2010? any pix available?

Thank you,

Jim
    Applies to purchase only. Not to lease.

I have been looking for a while. Best I have been quoted this month (July) is about the same $779. fpinho's deal shown above sounds excellent. If I could figure out how to email him...I'd get the name of the leasing company he used.

Just FYI---I am in Southern NJ and have spoken to about 5 dealers in NJ and PA.
    Hi guys,

Please email me the terms that your looking for 24, 36 mth number of miles etc. etc. and send me all of the info to my email address that I just created :) fpinho70@yahoo.com I will tell you who to get in contact with to get the best deal .....

Please NOTE: When I leased my truck I was still working with the numbers from June as far as residual and MF's go and I also used the owner loyalty of 2000.00 which I dont know if it is still available. I know the residual dropped but the MF now is .00001 for 24 months. I was able to do this because my friend put my application into the Infiniti system on the 6th of July and it is good for 7 days because we wanted to see if the deals would get better or worse and BTW they got worse.

When I called my dealer up north in NJ the best he could do was 665.00 with 2500.00 total out of pocket and this was working with July's numbers already.

Thanks,
    Frank
  • wittmerwittmer Member Posts: 2
    A dealer told me the 5K did not apply to the lease. I guess I needed to validate it.

I am in South Jersey also. I have been dealing with Holman Infiniti, Ardmore, Willow Grove, and West Chester. I have not contacted Ray Catena in Edison but I have a friend of a friend who I will give the last shot at the sale....plus there are 17 left on the lot, mostly with the MSRP of 59,310.

fpinho - thanks for the heads up on the MF for 24 months. I will try to send you an email as you suggest with the terms.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks,

Jim
    Here you go, fpinho. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 50%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher and with 10,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host