Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Are you adding all of those extra amount into the CAP cost? It looks as though you are.

Maybe the dealer isn't? And, expects you to pay them on signing?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Where do you live?
    Registration fee and document fee are extremely HIGH
    I also think that they expected you to pay those at closing
  • mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    you are correct, kyfdx. I figured it out now. Thanks.
  • mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    in AZ; registration is a % of MSRP (basically an excise tax).
    you are correct, for some reason I kept rolling it into the cap cost.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, mdkrp. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 QX56 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00151 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mlxmlx Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,
    could you show me the MF and Residuals of 4WD QX56 for both 2011 and 2012 Nov or Dec (if known)?
    Lease for 39 mos at 10k miles/yr.

Many thanks for your help.

mlx
    Here's the information that you're looking for, mlx. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 QX56 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00163 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00154 and 53%.

I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through the end of November, but I suspect that it will be very similar in December.

Car_man
    Host
  • gotmikegotmike Member Posts: 3
    After some negotiations with the dealer today, we agreed on a 2011 QX56 4WD with a sticker price of $66,160, a down-payment of $7,500 and a trade-in of $9,660 for a net amount of $49,000. The residual is $35,064.80, which is 53%. We agreed on a monthly payment of $599. Is this a good deal? The car has every option, with entertainment package, captain's chairs in the 2nd row, heated seats, etc.

I think the big difference is that they are giving me $9,660 for my truck, which is absolutely not worth more than $4,000 and probably more like $2,500-3,000.

Any feedback would be great to have going in tomorrow to pick it up. I feel like it's a decent deal, but if they try to renegotiate when I go in, I want to know how much I should give.
    i should add that this is for a 12,000 mi/yr allowance with 25c/mi after that. it's a 39mo lease.
  • infinitigalinfinitigal Member Posts: 3
    I'm curious, did they try to switch the deal on you... or are you driving a new QX? :)
    they didn't switch it, but i'm still not really sure if it's a great deal or not. on the way to the dealership, i called the land rover place who was trying to sell me a 2011 LR4. the "cost" was about $1k higher, and i had them give me the monthly payment for the same exact terms. they called back with a payment of $770/mo, which is almost 30% higher.

so... i have a shiny new QX56.

i would LOVE someone to respond and tell me if i should be happy about this deal or not...
  • charliemcharliem Member Posts: 12
    I have a 2012 qx56 sticker is 66240 negotiated price is 59435. I want to lease. Can you give me residual and money factor for 36 and 39 months. I need 15k miles a year.

Thank you
  • infinitigalinfinitigal Member Posts: 3
    Hello Charliem.
    I'm nearly certain that's not enough of a discount. If you can forward to me the exact specs and options, I'll get you my email address. I'm thinking I can get you one for less. Hope you're well.

- Chris
  • norcalhillsnorcalhills Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at purchasing a brand-new leftover 2011 Infiniti QX56 from a dealership in the Sacramento area.
    Does anyone know if a 2011 can still be leased even though it is new?
    The reason I am asking is because last year about this time I was in the market for a 7-series BMW. The dealer had a smokin' deal on a 2010 750li, and when I asked why it was such a bargain, he told me that most people lease these vehicles and even though it was new, it couldn't be leased because it wasn't a current model year vehicle. So I don't know if that was bull or if there is some validity to it.
    I am planning on paying cash for the QX as I keep my cars for a long time, but was wondering if I could use this as a bargaining chip.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hello charliem. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00163 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, norcalhills, the 2011 QX56 can indeed still be leased if you really want to. Infiniti has not pulled the plug on its lease support for most 2011 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    The buying forum is dead. I see people talking prices here. I am interested in buying and have looked at 2 2012 QX56 vehicles this week and all sold before I decided what to do. One was a 4 wheel drive and the other was a 2 wheel drive. The 2 wheel drive was available but with the wheel package I didn't want. So I thought well the 4 wheel drive is not much more than the wheel package so I will deal on it. I went back and it was gone and the other one too. No one has them here in Texas that I can find. Rather one. There were 2 yesterday and one left today but not in Austin. I want a platinum grey with the graphite interior, theater package, and lighted step plate but no big deal on that. Chrome step in back and the cargo net package. I know I can buy that at parts so again no big deal.

Here is the problem. I couldn't figure out why the prices didn't match up on the ones I was looking at to Infiniti or Edmunds or NADA for that matter. They were 500 off. I finally figured out with no help from sales that prices had went up and these were 500 less. I can get another one but the same thing is 500 more. Oh they say I can get a discount but whatever it is, it is now 500 higher either way. Nothing I can do.

I can go with the bigger wheels if I have to and if the deal is good enough. Same for 4 wheel drive. The grey is hard to find in Texas except the tan interior and all of the package taking it to 70k or more.

I guess my question is in ordering one, is there any discount I can get or are you better off buying off the lot when they get something? I was offered 4,500 off of the one that had the old pricing. It was priced at 65,795. Now it is 66,295 for the same thing. It was a 4 wheel drive and had standard wheels, theater package, lighted kick plates, cargo package deal, chrome step up. That same one would be like getting 5,000 off if I found it and got the same deal. This was with no real negotiating and I figure I could have done better.

So what is it realistic to get off? We did settle also on a price for my trade in. I will pay cash.

Sorry to post this on the lease part but the buy part is dead.
  • desidondesidon Member Posts: 29
    Hello car_man...can you pls provide the residual and money factor for qx56 awd for feb.
    Would appreciate it if you can provide it for both 12k and 15k miles/yr.
    Lease term is 39 months.

Thx
  • insearchinsearch Member Posts: 45
    Like the above, I am looking for residual and money factor for February QX56 AWD. Also, carman, do you think that the Advertised $835 per month, 39 Months, 12,000 miles per year with $3,999 down (includes first month $835) is a good deal or can a person typically do better than the advertised special? What in your opinion would be a good deal right now per month for a 2012 AWD with theater? I appreciate any input.
  • az_tomaz_tom Member Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing a QX56 from local dealer. Model is 4x4 with theater package and bench second row.
    First, I don't really want the theater package, but the salesman is pushing it on me that they are all being made/sold with it.
    Quoted list of $67,420 and sale price of $64,700. With $4500 down for a 39 month lease, with 12,000 miles per year, dealer quoted lease rate of $910/ month plus tax.
    Based on the residuals and money factors cited above, this appears about $100/month too high.
    Am I mistaken, or am I getting hosed here?
  • insearchinsearch Member Posts: 45
    Posting again, as no answers to date on February money factors and residuals. I have now worked a deal and would like an opinion on whether to take it or not.

2012 Qx56 Theater and Wheel packages only

Sticker =$69,325
    Negotiated =$64,000

$199 Doc Fee
    $700 Infiniti Financial Fee
    $1400 Plate Fee
    $2500 Down
    $2500 Trade Credit

39 months, 12,000 per year.

$832 per month including 5.5% tax

How is this deal? Is the $700 Infiniti Financial something ALL dealers charge?

PLEASE let me know CarMan.
  • johnrouse100johnrouse100 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man: I have been reading your posts and you certainly seem to have your finger on the pulse of 2012 QX56 leasing prices. Please tell me if this is a good deal for a 39 month lease:

2012 QX56 with Theater and Luxury Touring Packages [although I don't want the wheels Infiniti says I have to take them with the touring package].

Stated retail: $67000
    Stated residual after 39 months: $35679
    Stated dealer cost: $65223
    Proposed out of pocket/downpayment: $6135
    Monthly payment: $810

Any help and/or opinion you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks....John Rouse
    Hello desidon. Infiniti Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi insearch. Please see my previous post for the lease program data that you're looking for.

As far as the advertised lease for the QX56 goes, savvy consumers who shop around in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' officially advertised payments.

I don't know off of the top of my head what a good deal for this truck would be payment-wise, but I should be able to give you an idea if you provide me with its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, which can be found here: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Thx Car_man. ...do you know when the march data will be out? I am hoping the money factor drops given the $4 gas.
  • conzconz Member Posts: 2
    First quote from dealer:
    9% off sticker price. Think I can get this to 10%.
    Hello Car man....do you have March data for lease rates and residuals for 12 and 15 k miles on the qx.

Thx.
    Anyone else see this lease ad on the right of this webpage? Says u can get a qx with touring package for 899/ month. Anyone else see it?

Also do we have march lease data yet?
    Hey desidon. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier...exactly the same as they were last month.

Car_man
    Host
  • fsmwsfsmws Member Posts: 4
    Carman are any dealer incentives on 2011 QX's? I was looking at '12. The dealer had a 2011 leftover but it wasn't eligible for a lease.
    Unfortunately, fsmws, I don't believe that Infiniti is currently providing any cash incentives on the 2012 QX56.

Car_man
    Host
  • el_duderino_el_duderino_ Member Posts: 6
    It appears that the Austin dealer is currently offering about 6% off as a cash incentive on in stock QX-56's
  • lawkidslawkids Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man, are the May lease rates available yet for the QX56? I am interested in the MF and residual % for 36 and 39 month terms at 10K/year along with any cash offers that are available.

Thanks!
    They certainly are lawkids. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 QX56 with 10,000 miles per year are .00164 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00164 and 53%.

Infiniti is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this truck. Unfortunately, that cash is not available on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • logic_3logic_3 Member Posts: 51
    Car_Man,

Thanks for your help ahead of time. This will be the 5th deal that the Edmunds team has helped me on. Can you tell me the current May mf and residual for a 36 and 39 month lease on a 2012 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles? I am also considering doing 18,000 miles but not sure if I should do it upfront or just buy the miles later if I need them. The MSRP on this one is $74,220. Invoice is $68,046. Edmunds TMV is showing $68,191. Wondering if anyone else has purchased close to that TMV in Michigan.
    Also can you do multiple security deposits with Infiniti to bring down your mf like you can do with BMW?
    You can make 9 additional MSDs with IFS... for a total of .0009 reduction.

Direct experience... just last October!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2012
    Thanks for that info. Is it also true that the MSD's have to be in multiples of $1,000? For every $1,000, your MF is lowered by .00010 based on what I have seen.
    Dealer told me that current MF and Residual for 15k, 39mth is .00164 and 51%. Can someone confirm? Also it looks like Edmunds invoice pricing for the QX is off by $300. Dealer says there is a marketing fee on the invoice now so the invoice price is $68,346. Can someone confirm that is accurate?
    No.... the MSDs are the same as your normal security deposit..

My Infiniti dealer says the deposit is based on the payment before the money factor reduction... So, assume that without your MSDs, your payment would be $790/month... then, each security deposit is $800 (rounded up). So, 9 deposits = $7200, and the MF reduction would be (9 X .0001) = .0009

That could easily knock $80/mo off a payment on a QX56... After tax return of better than 12% annually..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    39/15k = 51% on 2wd or AWD - true
    MF on 2wd - Tier 1 = .00163
    MF on AWD - Tier 1 = .00164 - true

Any yes - Infiniti just started adding $300 (ICAP) on all invoices as a marketing fee - they pool the money from all the local dealers and spend it on advertising in that particular market. So, again true...sounds like the dealership your dealing with is very straight forward. :)
  • rakeshkrakeshk Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Car Man - is the new Spring Limited time lease offers from Infinity is a good one? I am looking for a 12000 or 15000 mile lease on new 2012 QX56 4WD - what is the MF and Residual for the advertised 39 month lease? Other fine points in this lease offer - anything that Infinity is adding in the fine prints? Are there any other delear or customer cash incentive or lease cash at this point? Thx much.
  • granada2359granada2359 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Give define basic info for me: what does 0.00164 stand for. I understand the percent as the residual of the car. With a purchase price of $60,000 and a residual of 51% and a 39 month lease. does it mean a monthly payment of $753.85. I assume this is w fees and taxes prepaid?
    Thank you!
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Hi Folks,

Since carman didn't answer, I did the reverse math Sprint Event offer for the QX and here are the figures I got. They seemed to have just bumped up the residual 2% to give a better deal.

39 month 12k - 53% 0.00164 for the AWD

Carman above mentioned previously that 39 month 10k was 53%, so I'll assume that they bumped it up 53% for 12K for the better deal.
    Thank you for your info. Please enlighten this lease novice: What is this 12k thing?

I got a deal from a dealer w a gross cap cost of $63,112 for a QX56, 4w with entertainment package. They are offering 51% and m/f of 0.00247 and a rent cost of $9346.74 plus a drive off of $$1663.53. May be it was my ignorance of the process, It seems high for me. I walked away.

Is this rent cost of $9346.74 equivalent to your 12k?
    I called it the sprint event, well, I have a sprint phone maybe thats why.
    You need to not lease if you seriously don't know what 12k meant. 12k is the number of miles you can drive in a year. Before you lease you should be able to calculate to the last penny, a lease payment by hand using a calculator.

The money factor you got is higher than normal but that could be due to your credit. If you don't have perfect credit, I will say to you WTF are you buying a 60k+ car for, fix your credit, pay your debts, and then think about buying a car.
    Tks for your advice. There is no debt other than mortgages. Wife is first time car buyer & 1st time leaser. Should have clean credit history. Using company to lease. Dealer called. Claimed have not run credit reports. Wonder how they came up w interest rate without credit hx. They subsequently came down to m/f of 0.00214, 51% for 39 months & 15k. Is it a good deal?!
    Hi rakeshk. Infiniti's current lease program for the QX56 is definitely nothing to write home about. IFS' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 QX56 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Infiniti id providing $1,000 dealer cash on the '12 QX56, but that cash is not available on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi granada2359. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of vehicles' lease payments. You can convert a money factor into an approximate interest rate equivalent by multiplying them by 2400. So a money factor of .00164 would be equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.93%.

I need both this truck's MSRP and selling price to work up a payment on it. Let me know what those numbers are and I'll work one up for you.

Car_man
    Host
    So as carman mentioned, if you do have perfect credit, you should insist upon the 0.00164, the 51% for 15K is the standard.

The going rate for this car seems to be about invoice, so I would negotiate close to invoice plus the $300 regional ad fee.

My advice is to really be able to use a calculator and calculate a lease by hand. I know carman is willing to do it for you but to get a good deal and not be fooled by dealer Jedi tricks, you need to be able to do it. I've caught dealers slipping in random charges like a $300 window etching by calculating things on my own.

Remember there is a $700 acquisiton fee that will be added to the cost of the car for leasing. Good luck.