Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fletch58. You never mentioned the selling price of the QX56 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi vert. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Infiniti QX56 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • turbomama1turbomama1 Member Posts: 2
    Please help.
    offered a lease on 07 infiniti qx56 4x4. 42 month lease at selling price of $53125. $1000 over invoice of particular car. $1073 inception fees, $1766 down payment, $595 assignment fee of tot. cap cost $51954. resid value (52%) at $29578. Plus $568 for mileage adj to 12000 miles and adjusted residual value of $30146. We will adjust again to get 15000 miles. money factor .002544944. monthly payment $728 for 21months and $794 for last 21months due to trade in tax deferral.
    is this good? And.....would it be smarter to wait for 2008 for leasing purposes?
    Thanks so much!
    Michelle
  • topleft12topleft12 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Can you help me out with leasing terms on the new 2008 QX56 4X4. Are there any deal out there you are aware of.

I am looking to do a 39 month /12K lease. Cap cost on the car is 59K, I think i can get it for 55K. What is the current money factor and residual you are seeing. Based on a money factor of .0017 and residual of 50% i get a payment of about 800 a month. Does that seem right? Are my MF and Resid to high and low respectfully?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
  • baxterdownbaxterdown Member Posts: 36
    Hi Car_Man,

What are the MF and residual for a 36 and/or 39 month lease on a 2WD 2008 QX56 with 15,000 miles X year?

Thanks!

Jose
  • preet528preet528 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,
    I am looking at a 2008 QX56 AWD, fully loaded with all options including the dvd player, MSRP $58075 selling price $54K, 39 month lease, 15K miles/year, $4200 out of pocket includes everything, $760 montly payment. I wanted to know if that is a good deal or not? thanks
  • kparchkparch Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    It's a better deal than what I was quoted in OK. On a 2008 QX56 AWD stickered at 58075, they are offering me a lease rate of 884/month with 0 down (except for TT&L) for 36 imonths at 15K miles/year. Preet528, if you don't mind me asking, what dealership where you quoted those numbers from? Thanks
  • preet528preet528 Member Posts: 2
    Hey kparch,
    these numbers are from infiniti of massapequa in Long Island, NY. from what you tell it does sound like good deal, thanks for the info.
  • yowzersyowzers Member Posts: 5
    Yeah thats a great deal. For 08 AWD loaded same price $58075 I was quoted for a 39 month lease $4500 down 15K miles for $799/month thats including tax tag & title. So I guess you got a good deal @ $760/ month was that also including tax tag and title?
    Did any of you pay the $595 dealer fee (Acquistion Fee)?
    Or did anyone pay the $815 Destination charge?
  • mobileguymobileguy Member Posts: 2
    This question is for the CAR MAN or any other AUTO GURUS. I have been to dealers in the Pacific Northwest 7 NorCal who have recently received their first allocations of the 2008 QX56. While they all appear to have a handful of '07's around with aggressive pricing (e.g. $45k - $48k), cheap interest rates $.0.9% or attractive lease deals.

With all that being said....

WHEN WILL THE DEALERS START TO MOVE WITH AGGRESSIVE DEALS FOR THE 2008 QX56?

Thanks in advance,
    THE MOBILE GUY
    Hi topleft12. Infiniti is running a special lease program on the 2008 QX56, but it's not that great. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, Jose. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00233 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yowzers. Infiniti Financial Services charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You are required to pay the destination charge as well. It is considered part of your vehicle's price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mobileguy. Infiniti's current lease program is scheduled to run through the end of July, so we probably won't see any change to the 2008 QX56's program prior to the beginning of August. Still, it is difficult to say whether Infiniti will enhance its lease program on the '08 QX56 though. It may be another couple of months before its money factors approach the level of the factors that Infiniti is currently providing on the '07 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • mobileguymobileguy Member Posts: 2
    THANKS CAR MAN: I just visited my local dealer and they are definitely SNIFFING GAS FUMES!!! Here's what the MONKEY IN THE CAGE (aka SALES MANAGER) told me:

1) This is the hottest car on the market
    2) I can put your name on a list, but if I deliver you one of these babies before March you would be very lucky
    3) Infiniti will have no extra money on this gem
    4) I might be able to get you into our FRIENDS & FAMILY PROGRAM and save you $500
    5) You are better of buying this one out-right because we are too busy to look at lease deals

This is the type of guy that gives all credible car salesman a bad reputation.

What are your thoughts about utilizing a CAR BUYING SERVICE vs. BUYING FROM THE DEALER?

Thanks in advance.

THE MOBILE GUY
  • milkenmilken Member Posts: 10
    I was looking to lease a QX56 in the next few months but I'm not in any hurry. When is (or has been) the best month to lease one (looking for a 2008)? Also, what money factor would be considered a "good deal"? - thx
    Hi mobileguy. It is pretty absurd to say that the QX56 is the hottest car on the market. I am not personally a big fan of buying services. In my opinion, all they really do is add another party that has to profit off of your transaction. The fact that they do the leg work for you is worth something, but buying services really shouldn't be able to negotiate any better deals than consumers can on their own by comparison shopping with a few dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi milken. It is difficult to say what month will be the best time to lease a 2008 Infiniti QX56. I don't recall there being much of a difference in its advertised lease payments over the course of the year, other than a slight improvement around June or so. I can give you an idea of what this truck's current lease program is like, but it is only scheduled to run through October 1st. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • txmom3txmom3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I am looking to finalize my deal on a LEASE for a 2008 QX56 2WD. The 2008 has been difficult to negotiate because its so new and they still have plenty of 07's on the lot.

The total sticker price is $55,859 and negotiated selling price is $52,877. Term is 39 months, 12K miles, 55% residual, .0024 money factor, and total cash due on delivery is $1770 (which is 1st month payment, license fees, and $750 cash down.) My monthly payment comes out to $895/month.

Does that sound about right? It seems that several of you who posted earlier are paying less in monthly payment, but putting more down up front and/or paying TT&L up front. Would love some feedback to make sure that this is a strong deal for someone who wants to put down minimal amount.
    Thanks!
    That seems high to me. If you look at the Infiniti website under finace and "current offers," they have a lease program where you can lease a QX56 for $679 per month with drive offs plus $3500 down for a QX56 with an MSRP of $54,665. If you assume zero down, add about $90 per month ($3500/39) to your payment plus about another $15 per month for the $1,000 difference in MSRP, you come up with just under $785 per month for a 12k mile a year, 39 month lease.
  • udman2udman2 Member Posts: 2
    I would appreciate what the current buy rate on the money factor is from Infiniti. My dealer is quoting me a .00299 money factor (7.176% IR) which seems high to me. I am looking at a program where they waive up to 5 months of payments on a current lease (ours expires in Feb) so this seems to save some money. Any advice? My Credit Union purchase rate is 5.25%.
    I am currently negotiating a 36mo 15k/yr lease and have been offered as low as 2.06 (0.00206) - not sure if that is the buy rate though - residual is 55% for 2wd - at least this can give you a starting point until the host can respond.
    Hi udman2. The .00299 money factor sounds high to me as well. You never mentioned if you are interested in a 2007 or a 2008 model, so I will provide you with information on both models' lease programs. Infiniti Financial Services' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 QX56 AWD is .00285. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD is .00164. As you can see, the money factor for the '08 model is much better. This is because Infiniti is no longer providing lease support on the '07 model. That's the bad news if you want a leftover QX56. The good news is that this lack of lease support means that you can use the $5,000 dealer cash that is currently available on the '07 model to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey milken. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00206 and 55%, respectively. As you can see, this is right in line with the numbers that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • udman2udman2 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Car Man.

Do you know what the buy rate lease money factor is on a 2008 QX56 2WD?

Thanks.
  • willwestonwillweston Member Posts: 1
    I am being quoted $700/mo for a lease on the following:
    - 2008 QX56 4WD, all options, MSRP $59,095 w/ LoJack
    - $6600 Out of Pocket including TT&L and 1st payment
    - 39mo, 15K Miles

Does this sound in line for the kind money I am putting upfront?
    No problem, udman2. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 2WD is .00188.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, willweston, $6,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though your monthly payment will be higher, you would be better off leasing without making any capitalized cost reduction. If you go with a zero down lease, all you would have to pay at lease signing would be your truck's first month's payment, Infiniti Financial Services' $595 acquisition fee, a security deposit that's equivalent to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, and any required state taxes or fees. This will amount to a lot less than six grand.

You never mentioned the selling price of the QX56 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • albequerquealbequerque Member Posts: 1
    I have the following quote:
    - 2008 QX56 4WD w/DVD
    - MSRP = $57,960
    - $2k upfront (1st month + license/fees)
    - $848/month (before tax)
    - Money factor = 0.00169
    - 36 month lease
    - Residual value = $28,148
    - 17k miles/year

How does this quote look? Thanks.
  • jsmaz1jsmaz1 Member Posts: 16
    Infiniti is offering their Limited Engagement and have a plan for $659/mo 39month lease for a 2008 QX56 with these specs:
    MSRP: $57,865
    Downpayment: $4,350
    Net Cap Cost: $51, 263
    Residual: $31,240.10
    $595 acq fee
    12,000 miles/yr

Doing my math, it would mean that they are really selling the vehicle for $55,613 (or $2,252 under MSRP). Edmunds.com has the invoice price at $53,189. My question is this: What are the chances that they would do the above lease but drop the downpayment cost to $1000 or so--which would mean getting the cost at invoice?

I recall Infiniti having spectacular deals on the QX56 several months ago---wondering if this will happen in December or early in the year. Can anyone comment?
  • oh3754oh3754 Member Posts: 1
    "Hey milken. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00206 and 55%, respectively."

I'm being offered a QX56 AWD w/ DVD with 36-month 15,000 miles per year at a money rate of .00177 and they are using a 53% residual value.

I'm buying under the Nissan Employee Purchase Plan (Plan "C") if it makes any difference.
    Carman, whats the current residual value and money factor rate at the moment for an 08 QX56 AWD 15K 36 and 39 month lease? Thanx looking to purchase the vehicel next week.
  • julie20julie20 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I was wondering what a good lease price would be on an '08 fully loaded QX56. 39 months, 12,000 miles per year. My target price is 650 per month. Is this unreasonable?
  • sandiego5sandiego5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I am looking to lease a 2008 QX 56. Here are the details.
    08" 2wd with/DVD and Tech package and 15,000 miles Cap Cost quoted $53,075
    Residual 54%
    Cash due on delivery $1428.00
    Price quoted for 39 months, $841.0 w/tax
    Is this a good deal, should I ask for more?
    Here you go, yowzers. Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Infiniti QX56 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00160 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings julie20. The lease payment for the QX56 that you are interested in will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. A fully loaded 2008 Infiniti QX56 AWD has an MSRP of around $60,225 and a dealer invoice price of $54,947. Let's see what the payment would be assuming that you could get this truck for $500 over invoice. According to my calculations, its 39 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $730. I think that you are going to have a tough time getting this truck for the $650 per month that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sandiego5. What is this truck's MSRP? It will enable me to see how much of a discount the dealer that you are working with is giving you on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    Are the Infiniti deals still going? I was looking at a 2WD QX56 that has an MSRP of $53,456. The 3rd party leasing company I used last time is quoting $900+ for a no money down 48 month lease. But when I run the residuals/money factor listed above, I'm seeing a payment around $750 - even here in Texas where we get hit with the full tax amount. (in fairness I went into the last deal with this leasing company uneducated, so I'm sure my file is marked sucker. I am defintely doing my homework this time!)

I'm pretty sure this leasing company isn't working through the Infiniti program, so I'm wondering if I should take my business straight to the dealer. I was about to settle for a 48 month lease on a loaded out Armada LE (that was coming in around $730), but if we can get a QX56 for a shorter lease in the same ballpark...... :shades:
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Yes, the deals are still going. The advertised deal is 659 for an AWD with about 4,200 down. Don't put anything down and you're around the mid sevens, def better to go to dealer program. Let me know how it pans out as I'm in the market to lease one as well.
    Hi Car Man
    Could you tell me IFS's current money factor and residual for a 2008 QX56 AWD for a 36 or 39 month lease at 12,000 miles?
    Thanks! :)
    Ended up getting a 2WD (live in Texas) QX56 with the DVD player. MSRP was $55,075. Cap cost was $49,920. For a 36 month lease through IFS, the residual was 53%, the money factor was .00133. Texas dinges you for the whole sale tax, so my payment was slightly higher than mid 7's, but every close. All that was due was the 1st month's payment and registration fees. :)
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    What is your mileage/year?
    My deal was a 2008 2WD 15,000 miles per year for 36 months.

The only thing I slight regret was the built-in DVD player. It seems a bit like an afterthought they way it's installed. And since the kids have portable DVD players, I should have opted for a model without one and saved another $25 a month.
    Why do you feel the DVD is an afterthought? Just wondering....

Good deal too...that sounds like a good price for 15k/year
    In our previous SUV the DVD player was on the roof right in front of the drop down screen as one unit. It let the kids (or whoever was in the back) change the DVD.

The QX56 player is tucked in the front of the center console. Not only does it sort of waste the space in the console, but it requires the front seat passenger to change the DVD's.

While it's just a minor inconvenience, it seems like the unit could have been a bit more tightly integrated with the overhead screen.
    Once the DVD is loaded, can you control (fast forward, play, etc) the DVD from the dash? (I know the DVD doesn't play in the dash unless you're in park and the parking brake is on) but I'm wondering if I can control when it plays. The reason I ask is that I have three little ones, way too small to be able to use the controls located up near the screen itself.
    I follow you and I agree on not being thrilled at losing center console space, but we actually like having control of the DVD player in the front seat since our daughter is 3 and our other child...well he is still in the "oven". So they're both too young to safely manipulate DVDs in a moving vehicle.

I suppose that best case for us would have been to have the DVD player in the dash (ala the GM SUVs), but having the player attached to the screen would have been the last option for us.

Different needs for different folks!
    I'm not sure, but at worst you have the remote, right? You could just point that towards the DVD player I would think.