Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
edited January 2014 in Jeep
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee page.

To see all forums discussions about the Jeep Grand Cherokee, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Jeep Grand Cherokee discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kwteng2. Chrysler Capital's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello Mike. Chrysler Capital's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 36-month lease of this truck are .00025 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi twins12709. Chrysler Capital's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD is .00009 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • twins12709twins12709 Member Posts: 8
    Can u please tell me the dealership name . Great deal . Did u have to negotiate alot to get this ? Thx
  • sodapop3sodapop3 Member Posts: 5
    I did not have to negotiate. Requested quotes from 4 dealerships by far best offer. I have not received car yet. Still trying to nail down the lease through Chrysler. Also I may have to order. Closest car in my color is 400 miles away. Sales person I spoke to is Cary Large.
    Thought u were in NYC ?
    Hello
    What dealer in NYC did you go to to get that great lease deal?
    Thx
  • clutch442clutch442 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Im in North New Jersey, Just got an offer for a 39 month 10k lease for a 4WD Limited msrp 41775 discounted 2750 to around 39000. Also trading in a car for 5500. I did not get the actual money factor he used but he did say the res value would be 23,000 at end of lease. The monthly payment was 352 a month. All the lease calculators i try with car mans 53% res and .00035 money factor come well under this, what gives?
  • franknussfranknuss Member Posts: 3
    I got the car at Precision Jeep in Butler, NJ (http://www.precisionchrysler.com/index.htm). It's about 45 mins outside of NYC. Ask for Justin Wainwright.

I ended up with them because they had the car I wanted on the lot available that day (I had used the Jeep website to search for the specific car I wanted within 100 miles--2014 GC, Black/Black, checked out the window stickers to located one with Luxury & Tow IV package). I was literally heading out the door to a dealer in Brooklyn to sign the lease on another similar car (which was not yet on the lot) when Justin, whom I had left voicemails for, called and asked for a few minutes to see if he could beat the offer. Called back 10 minutes later with a better offer and, as importantly, the car available that day. I filled out an online credit application and send him my insurance docs (got them over the phone via Geico minutes after agreeing to the terms). Went in to Precisium Chrysler and left 90 minutes later with my car. No BS on last-minute bait-and-switch or additional fees. I was very clear that I wanted to pay NO money down except for fees ($900) and first month. Tax was all rolled in.

36 months, 10K miles. $395 disposition fee (ugh). Car is fantastic so far.
  • kcjr81kcjr81 Member Posts: 17
    Hi. I am looking at a 2014 G. Cherokee Overland in Maryland. What is the current residual and money factor on a 39 month lease 12k a year? Thank you.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi clutch442,

Treating your trade as a cap cost reduction and using an acquisition fee of $795, I calculated a monthly pre-tax of ~$311.

Monthly Depreciation = (33525 - 22140.75)/39 = $291.9
    Monthly Interest Charges = (33525+ 22140.75)*0.00035 = 19.5

Its possible that he's charging a higher acq fee as some dealers have been known to do that as an additional source of profit. Or, he's rolling in some extraneous fees as well.

Cheers!
    Hi kcjr81. Chrysler Capital's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • drt222drt222 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Hi CarMan,

I'm leasing my first ever car and I'm looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4*4 basic and I got a few offers and that's the best one:

$34.9k MSRP, $429/mo lease payment for 39 mos with $900 first month payment. 36k miles bumper to bumper for 36 mos

This doesn't look very good to me but it's the best I got so far.. Other offer was almost same sticker price with 425/mo for 48mos.

I'm so flustered right now and don't know what to do.. I'm also looking at VW 2013 CC and the best price I got was $29,882 and $29,700 with 419.16/mo for 39 months 12k miles/yr and I was about to sign on a $30,405 with $460/mo same terms but left.

How are these numbers varying like that? I even saw a sticker price of $34k posted by a fellow VW CC seeker as well with cheaper monthly payments! How can that happen.

Sorry for the lack of organization but this is my first car and I feel that I'm taken for a ride.

Your feedback is highly appreciated, thank you
  • czar0013czar0013 Member Posts: 18
    Hey Carman,

Are there any incentives or rebates coming out for July on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited? Also, what are the money factors and residuals on a 12k mi./yr. for 36 and 39 months?

Thanks,
  • hammer1125hammer1125 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi - can you please provide the MF and Residual for a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014, 4x4 Limited with Leather? 36 Months, 15,000 miles per year....
  • rpantellorpantello Member Posts: 1
    All,
    I live in CT and was just quoted for a 2014 Jewp Grand Cherokee Limited 39mo lease with 12k a year, MSRP of 40,580, negotiated to an initial cap cost of 39,750 and 2,500 down. Money factor and residual was 0.0012 and 56% respectively. Adjusted capital cost ended up being 36,671.73- was a 2,750 "rebate" in there. Monthly rate was 428.89, but "additional" monthly fees increased that number to 456.12. Is this a good deal or is my total savings being lost by these hidden fees?
    Thanks
  • jbird10jbird10 Member Posts: 1
    Here is the deal I am working with.

Grand Cherokee Limited
    Everything except navigation
    MSRP 40280
    39 months 12k
    Only DMV and 1st month down
    429/month
  • JefferTechJefferTech Member Posts: 59
    Car Man -

Do you have the July 13 lease numbers? I'm looking at a 2014 GC Limited 15k per year for 36 month. Sticker is $41,985 with the selling price at $38,012. Trying to put 0 down other than 1st month

Thanks for your help!
  • JefferTechJefferTech Member Posts: 59
    Car Man -

Do you have the July 13 lease numbers? I'm looking at a 2014 GC Limited 15k per year for 36 month. Sticker is $41,985 with the selling price at $38,012. Trying to put 0 down other than 1st month

Thanks for your help!
  • ableriotableriot Member Posts: 1
    Carman-looking for July rates. MSRP $43199 selling at $38637. Looking at $0 down for 36mo for 12K and/or 15k/yr
  • wadezwadez Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman, I was wondering if u can let me know the rate for 2014 grand cherokee srt8 for 36 months with 10k per year and also 24 months 10k per year. Thank you.
  • czar0013czar0013 Member Posts: 18
    2014 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED - What are the money factor and residual values for a 36 and 39 months at 1,000 miles per month. And are there any incentives out there that I can take advantage of in NJ.

Thanks,
  • dociousdocious Member Posts: 8
    Is this forum dead? Whole lotta posts and no responses.

I have a question as to where the rebates/incentives are applied to on leases. Where do they go?

After contacting a dozen dealers in the SD/LA/OC area, here's the best offer we received.

2013 JGC Laredo X + Nav

$37,380 MSRP
    $34,015 Initial Cap Cost
    52% RV [$19,437]
    0.0013 MF

$1000 Jeep Lease Cash for 2013's [applied to drive offs per dealer]
    $600 drive off

$442/mth

This was the quote we received before I notified the dealer that we had and additional $1000 in invectives/rebates etc [Realtor and marketing mailer certificate, $500 each]

After the additional $1000 was applied the monthly was $416/mth and still $600 down/initial/drive off.

How and where are the discounts applied. How is an additional $1000 only worth $26/mth?

I'm rattled and confused.

hopefully someone can educate me.
  • rjoh1969rjoh1969 Member Posts: 9
    On a 36 month lease...
    1000/36=27.78
    In some areas you also have to pay tax on the rebate.
  • dociousdocious Member Posts: 8
    Derp!

thx for the quick response
  • neilm8neilm8 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for August lease rates (residual and money factors) on a Limited or Overland 4x2 with 12K miles/year. I am getting quotes from dealers in S. Florida that must be based on much worse rates than I've seen posted for July (I noticed 50-52% residuals and money factors around 00009 for 39 months). Thanks for your help.
  • jaysfynestjaysfynest Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    I am getting a black on black 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4x4 with:

Navigation;
    Leather seats;
    Sunroof;
    12k miles a year
    20 inch wheels; and
    free oil changes and inspection for the life of the lease

No money down except for the first payment and DMV fees. The monthly payment will be $449 a month.
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    That's a fantastic payment. Sounds accurate. I'm hoping to get a hold of August money factor and residuals for a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 for 36 months and 12K miles a year.
  • alsnook123alsnook123 Member Posts: 15
    Great deal...What were the lease terms and MSRP? can you provide the dealers contact info??

Thanks,
    Al
  • joeyfentonjoeyfenton Member Posts: 1
    Could you let's know the dealer info? I have some real clowns quoting me BS prices!
  • chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35
    Sounds like a great vehicle and a great deal!!!

Hope you enjoy your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
  • luigi08luigi08 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently looking to lease a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in Ohio with the same options and even color. MSRP of $41,775.

I'm getting quoted $484/month with $2000 due at signing. What dealership were you able to obtain the $449/month payment with only first and fees due at signing?

Were there any incentives you used to get to that payment?
  • jrsweeneyjrsweeney Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Mass and getting quoted $0 down $479 a month for a 39 month lease on a Limited Grand Cherokee MSRP $40,500. I've been pushing the sales person to come a little bit lower but they won't budge. Is this a good deal?

Thx.
  • teachmathteachmath Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to share this deal I just got with the help of Inside Car Buying. I saw a bunch of people on different forums have used them and they have a lot of positive feedback on the web. Their DIY Dealer Report is "Hands Down" the best car buying tool for any shopper. I am a Math Teacher in Nassau County, NY and was in search of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with sunroof and navigation for 39 months and 12,000 miles per year with just first month and DMV total out of pocket. The best I was able to do on my own after visiting 4 dealers and calling 2 others was $457 per month (about $38,400 selling price) with $1,027 total out of pocket leasing through Hann Bank.

The very detailed DIY Dealer Report I received showed I should be able to obtain $416.27 per month with $731.77 total due at signing. I had the option of discussing the report with Inside Car Buying after receiving it. When I contacted them they made me aware of the fact that the last dealer I spoke to was charging me a "Clerical Fee" of $299. This is some made up "in-house" fee for added profit and its negotiable! Dealers do make it look like such a real fee since its pre printed on their Buyers Orders in bold print. Inside Car Buying stated they're sure 98% of buyers just pay it as they don't know any better.

The other factor for the lower monthly payment besides a lesser selling price (I got the car for $37,414 which is $200 less than invoice and holdback plus $4,000 in rebates) was leasing the car through Teachers Federal Credit Union. I learned that any teacher teaching in Nassau or Suffolk Counties was entitled to this program at least in August, not sure if it will be continued. The bank fee of $895 was higher than Hann at $695, money factor of .00127 was slightly higher than Hann at .00120 but the residual 56% compared to Hann at 54% makes up for the difference saving me $11 more monthly. Hey, an extra $11 off per month over 39 months equals $429 which is more than my monthly payment, making the savings equal one less payment I would have to make plus I am being told they are much more lenient than Hann on the return of the vehicle at lease end.

I guess my timing was right because I went to a different dealer yesterday that I had not visited before and while negotiating with the Sales Manager he saw I kept referring back to the DIY Dealer Report I had so he asked to see it. I showed him the report and he was very impressed. He said he would make it simple, if I drove the car home today he would match the numbers on the report as they had a program ending today and could use the extra sale. He referred to this program as "Fast Start" just incase this term can help anyone else.

I was out of there in another hour and 20 minutes by the time I completed all the papers and they prepped the car with the exact numbers I received from Inside Car Buying. My only regret is not having the DIY Dealer Report prior to entering the first dealership as it probably would have saved me 8-10 hours of my time on a sunny Saturday visiting 4 other dealers! I would highly recommend Inside Car Buying as they are the true car buyers advocate.
  • craigg23craigg23 Member Posts: 1
    I also live in NYS -- can you please tell us the name of the dealership you ultimately bought from? Thanks.
  • teachmathteachmath Member Posts: 3
    East Hills Jeep
  • bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Hey everyone, can anyone provide me the MF and Residual on the 2014 GC Overland and Summit for a 36 month 12k a year lease in the NYC area. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Overland 4WD
    MF .00009 and 52% residual

Summit 4WD
    MF .00033 and 49% residual

36 mo., 12K mi/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Kyfdx,

Any chance you have the numbers for a limited 4WD 36 month 12k year.
    .00008 and 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jb2ujb2u Member Posts: 14
    Are these MFs and residuals for V6 and V8 engines? If not please indicate which and provide the other. Thanks!
  • philleotardophilleotardo Member Posts: 1
    Cut a deal today on a 2014 GC Overland Hemi in Orange Co., California. Terms were:

MSRP: $52,770
    Gross Cap Cost: $47,876
    Conquest Rebate: $1,000
    Net Cap Cost: $46,876
    36 Month/15,000 mile lease (Chrysler Capital)
    Residual: 50%
    Money Factor: 0.00009
    Base Monthly Pmt.: $575 (+ state sales tax)
    Paid up front: first mo. + acquisition fee + license/title fees
  • iupreciseiuprecise Member Posts: 1
    Can you give me the MSRP and the options on the vehicle you listed?
    I'm looking for something similiar.

Thanks
    The numbers are only adjusted for trim levels, not engine size...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• diggssssdiggssss Member Posts: 20
    From NJ.

2014 Limited
    Sunroof
    NAV
    MSRP: $40,580

$1000 down which includes first month payment
    Dealer is paying off the last month of my current BMW lease at $455
    Monthly Payment: $417
  • foxyesqfoxyesq Member Posts: 26
    That seems like a great deal. Does it include tax, MVC fees etc? Assume 12,000 miles a year for 39 months?
  • diggssssdiggssss Member Posts: 20
    yes, 12K miles and 39 months. It includes everything, taxes, fees, whatever else.
  • jc2527jc2527 Member Posts: 8
    Can you please share the dealership info? I'm also in NJ. Thanks in advance!
  • alldayleoalldayleo Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on this deal.
    2014 Jeep grand cherokee limited, 20 inch wheels.
    Msrp 42,000
    Got it down to 40,000 (invoice)
    36 months 15k
    $419 monthly payment
    2500 due at signing

What do you think!?
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Hi all,
    A little help please: Any lease numbers on a '13 Gr Cher Overland 4WD? Is it still possible to lease? Tons of cash on these, so looking at a deal.

36 or 39 mos (what is best this month?) and 10k and 12k miles please. Money factor and residuals appreciated!!
This discussion has been closed.