Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you received a recall notice for your car, but decided that you're not going to take it in to get it fixed? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you about it. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, September 26, 2018 telling us why you decided not to get the repair, and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• Sounds like a great vehicle and a great deal!!!

Hope you enjoy your 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC
  • luigi08luigi08 Posts: 1
    I'm currently looking to lease a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in Ohio with the same options and even color. MSRP of $41,775.

I'm getting quoted $484/month with $2000 due at signing. What dealership were you able to obtain the $449/month payment with only first and fees due at signing?

Were there any incentives you used to get to that payment?
  • I'm in Mass and getting quoted $0 down $479 a month for a 39 month lease on a Limited Grand Cherokee MSRP $40,500. I've been pushing the sales person to come a little bit lower but they won't budge. Is this a good deal?

Thx.
  • I wanted to share this deal I just got with the help of Inside Car Buying. I saw a bunch of people on different forums have used them and they have a lot of positive feedback on the web. Their DIY Dealer Report is "Hands Down" the best car buying tool for any shopper. I am a Math Teacher in Nassau County, NY and was in search of a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with sunroof and navigation for 39 months and 12,000 miles per year with just first month and DMV total out of pocket. The best I was able to do on my own after visiting 4 dealers and calling 2 others was $457 per month (about $38,400 selling price) with $1,027 total out of pocket leasing through Hann Bank.

The very detailed DIY Dealer Report I received showed I should be able to obtain $416.27 per month with $731.77 total due at signing. I had the option of discussing the report with Inside Car Buying after receiving it. When I contacted them they made me aware of the fact that the last dealer I spoke to was charging me a "Clerical Fee" of $299. This is some made up "in-house" fee for added profit and its negotiable! Dealers do make it look like such a real fee since its pre printed on their Buyers Orders in bold print. Inside Car Buying stated they're sure 98% of buyers just pay it as they don't know any better.

The other factor for the lower monthly payment besides a lesser selling price (I got the car for $37,414 which is $200 less than invoice and holdback plus $4,000 in rebates) was leasing the car through Teachers Federal Credit Union. I learned that any teacher teaching in Nassau or Suffolk Counties was entitled to this program at least in August, not sure if it will be continued. The bank fee of $895 was higher than Hann at $695, money factor of .00127 was slightly higher than Hann at .00120 but the residual 56% compared to Hann at 54% makes up for the difference saving me $11 more monthly. Hey, an extra $11 off per month over 39 months equals $429 which is more than my monthly payment, making the savings equal one less payment I would have to make plus I am being told they are much more lenient than Hann on the return of the vehicle at lease end.

I guess my timing was right because I went to a different dealer yesterday that I had not visited before and while negotiating with the Sales Manager he saw I kept referring back to the DIY Dealer Report I had so he asked to see it. I showed him the report and he was very impressed. He said he would make it simple, if I drove the car home today he would match the numbers on the report as they had a program ending today and could use the extra sale. He referred to this program as "Fast Start" just incase this term can help anyone else.

I was out of there in another hour and 20 minutes by the time I completed all the papers and they prepped the car with the exact numbers I received from Inside Car Buying. My only regret is not having the DIY Dealer Report prior to entering the first dealership as it probably would have saved me 8-10 hours of my time on a sunny Saturday visiting 4 other dealers! I would highly recommend Inside Car Buying as they are the true car buyers advocate.
  • I also live in NYS -- can you please tell us the name of the dealership you ultimately bought from? Thanks.
  • East Hills Jeep
  • bt83bt83 Posts: 9
    Hey everyone, can anyone provide me the MF and Residual on the 2014 GC Overland and Summit for a 36 month 12k a year lease in the NYC area. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 92,071
    Overland 4WD
    MF .00009 and 52% residual

Summit 4WD
    MF .00033 and 49% residual

36 mo., 12K mi/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bt83bt83 Posts: 9
    Thanks Kyfdx,

Any chance you have the numbers for a limited 4WD 36 month 12k year.
    .00008 and 55%

• jb2ujb2u Posts: 12
    Are these MFs and residuals for V6 and V8 engines? If not please indicate which and provide the other. Thanks!
  • Cut a deal today on a 2014 GC Overland Hemi in Orange Co., California. Terms were:

MSRP: $52,770
    Gross Cap Cost: $47,876
    Conquest Rebate: $1,000
    Net Cap Cost: $46,876
    36 Month/15,000 mile lease (Chrysler Capital)
    Residual: 50%
    Money Factor: 0.00009
    Base Monthly Pmt.: $575 (+ state sales tax)
    Paid up front: first mo. + acquisition fee + license/title fees
  • Can you give me the MSRP and the options on the vehicle you listed?
    I'm looking for something similiar.

Thanks
    The numbers are only adjusted for trim levels, not engine size...

• From NJ.

2014 Limited
    Sunroof
    NAV
    MSRP: $40,580

$1000 down which includes first month payment
    Dealer is paying off the last month of my current BMW lease at $455
    Monthly Payment: $417
  • That seems like a great deal. Does it include tax, MVC fees etc? Assume 12,000 miles a year for 39 months?
  • yes, 12K miles and 39 months. It includes everything, taxes, fees, whatever else.
  • Can you please share the dealership info? I'm also in NJ. Thanks in advance!
  • Hi, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on this deal.
    2014 Jeep grand cherokee limited, 20 inch wheels.
    Msrp 42,000
    Got it down to 40,000 (invoice)
    36 months 15k
    $419 monthly payment
    2500 due at signing

What do you think!?
  • Hi all,
    A little help please: Any lease numbers on a '13 Gr Cher Overland 4WD? Is it still possible to lease? Tons of cash on these, so looking at a deal.

36 or 39 mos (what is best this month?) and 10k and 12k miles please. Money factor and residuals appreciated!!
  • Hi kyfdx,

Is there any change on Sep leasing numbers? I am interested to know the residual and mf for 2014 limited 4x4 10K 36mo. Based on your last post, I think it is 56% and 0.00008. Do they apply to Sep also?

Thanks much!
    2013 Overland 4WD... .00012 and 46% for 39mo/12K... same residual for 36 months (so go with 39!!).. Add 1% for 10K/yr

2014 limited 4x4 10K 36mo

.00017 and 57% residual

• Judging from the deal I got last month on my JGC Limited I would recommend you keep shopping. I used a DIY Dealer Report from Inside Car Buying and the process was effortless. I would suggest you look into this - :)
  • I never leased a car before, purchase only. I own 2012 Passat (finance through VW) and still own money on it. If I would trade in my 2012 Passat for 2014 JGC limited how would that work? What about tax that I paid on the vehicle when I purchased it? Will that apply to my new Jeep? How much should I be paying monthly on the 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 pretty much loaded MSRP around $46k? Dealer is selling it for around $42k.
  • Hey teach math,

What were your numbers? How much did you end up putting down at signing, and how much are your monthly payments?

Thanks for your help!

Leo
  • How is this deal? Theyre giving me 1500 more for my trade than my other offers

2014 Limited, plus Nav, Sunroof, and 20 Inch Wheels
    MSRP - $41775
    Invoice (Selling Price) = $39865
    39 Months
    10K Miles
    $449 per month with $983 (fees and first only upfront, $0 down)

I tried this using 0.56 and 0.00017 but my numbers were slightly off so maybe they are wrong.

Good or bad deal?
    Thanks, appreciate it.
  • Looking at the above posts, is there really a 10% difference on the residual values between the limited and overland? Please confirm.
  • How is this deal:

2014 Limited with the following options:

Navigation
    Tow Hitch
    Luxury Group II

MSRP: $43,985
    Selling Price $40,714
    Inception Fees: $1,836.60
    Adjusted Selling Price of $42,550.6

No Money down and $490 a month for 39 months
  • ax82ax82 Posts: 2
    Hey AF, can I ask what annual mileage you are getting for that price? Sounds like a good price though..
This discussion has been closed.