Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    If you look back when this forum starting back in 05 the residuals were about 55% now they are 43-44%. This I guess is why the lease payments are now so high. The residuals back then were probably inflated now they more reflect what the truck is worth in 3 years. Old Mike
  • delson1delson1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the residual values and money factors on 2 or 3 year leases of GC Limited 4X4's with 10,000 miles/year?
  • avmbaavmba Member Posts: 27
    I don't have the exact #s, but the JGC Overland 2WD I leased in February had the following terms for a 27 mo lease 10500 miles/yr:

money factor of 0.00097
    residual of 52%

JGC Limited 2WD at that time for 36 months and 15,000 miles/yr was:

money factor .00194
    residual of 45%

These have probably changed a bit since then but you can use them with a lease calc to get a ballpark figure going...
  • msully1090msully1090 Member Posts: 2
    Hi: Wondering why payments are so much higher this time around with most factors being the same? Currently Im in an 04 Grand Lease. 39/12K year. Its up in Sept 07, so Im shopping around. Incentives are good, pull ahead program, etc. Im being quoted higher monthly payments to the tune of $100/month more than where Im at now. The only thing that is different this time around is that I am requesting different mileage. I am requesting 19K a year. I am aware that this request would make the payments a bit higher, but $100 more a month? This is what I am asking the dealers.

MSRP 30425(Basic Grand 07)(Which is about what I picked up the 04 for)
    Incentives give:4500
    Asking to go $100 over Invoice
    Requesting 19K/39
    $500 down
    Quotes are in the $400-$430 range!
    Is the increase in price here strictly b/c of the mileage request or does this monthly payment amount sound right for this package? My incentive back in in 04 were $5500 and not $4500, but I have heard that a $1000 (in terms of Rebates, money down etc) will only move a payment $20 or so? Considering I have read the board and have seen others who are paying this price getting a lot more vehicle I am really curious about these quotes. These are dealers in Rutland, VT, Middlebury VT and Burlington, VT. Looking to lease again soon so any advice will surely help!
  • reddog522reddog522 Member Posts: 9
    Any one know the invoice price on Grand Cherokee laredo, 26x and the NAV system.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    I think the residuals are a lot lower now than they were in 04,and or lease support is less. My 04 lease is 281 month for a basic 4x4 GC. Old Mike
  • crepituscrepitus Member Posts: 5
    we went to the dealer the other day looking into a lease since my wifes will be up in a month. they quoted 100 more a month. for a jeep? i dont think so. plus i didnt know they are all wheel drive now. i dont think it drove as nice as her 04. i think we will be going hoonda pilot. its actually cheaper with the same equipment. and its a honda.
  • sondra3sondra3 Member Posts: 33
    I have an unfortunate situation. I leased my '04 JGC Columbia Edition and ended up going way over mileage because of a job situation. The mileage penalty will be around $4500 (I'm at 70K miles). I could purchase the car for $15,500 but that is more than what it's worth with 70,000 miles. If I were to purchase it, I'm sure I couldn't recover the same amount if I then went to sell it privately...

So I'm trying to figure out what to do: lease or buy a new one. Frankly I'd like a car with better mileage but I'm screwed on the $$$ numbers no matter what I do so I figure I'll just get another JGC.

The dealer in Norwalk, CT offered me an '07 JGC Laredo "X" edition, MSRP of $34,730, with $1000 lease loyalty reduction, $3500 regular lease cash, and $500 bonus cash, for $455/month with $1200 down and 18K miles per year (totaling 58,000 for 3 years). Buyout is $12,750.

I *do* have the ability to buy instead of leasing again. As for my mileage usage for the next few years, hard to predict - it could go up or down :( If I buy the '07, I'm not sure what kind of payments I should expect or be going for. In any case, I'm not really sure if I should buy or lease. Whether I lease a new car or buy a new one I have the mileage penalty. If I buy mine, I'm stuck paying $15,500 for an '04 Jeep with 70,000 miles! (I do love the car). I'm so confused.

Any help on any of this is really appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're right, Old Mike. The Grand Cherokee's residual values are not nearly as attractive today as they were several years ago. On a related note, I just read that DCX finally sold off the Chrysler Group. I personally wouldn't want to buy a domestic automaker, but a number of the aspects of the deal that Cerberus got look surprisingly attractive to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, delson1. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00097 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00172 and 49%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi reddog522. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the truck that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide the money factor and residual for 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee and current rebates with the following:

Package 26x
    MSRP $32,725
    36 or 39 months
    12K miles
    Dealer said they would sell at invoice which is $30,423 less any rebates.

I live in NC, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Jen
  • pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Car_Man,

Sorry, this is for a 2WD.

Thanks,
    Jen from NC
  • joabjoab Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please let me know whether the lease number that I get from my dealer is reasonable? I am interested in leasing with 15,000 mileages per year and I am told that the best deal is 39-month lease, with residual of 45% and money cost of 0.00183.

The car I am interested in is a Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 25H Package (Hemi engine), Navigation / Rear back up Camera

MSRP 42,195
    Affiliate rewards price: 38,667 (1% below invoice)
    Cap Cost: 34,167 (include 4,500 cash rebate)

I am quoted 423.88 monthly lease payments with 5,500 due at signing, which include all the fees and 1st month payment.

I am in CT with 6% sales tax, unless I miss some fees, my cap cost reduction should be around 3,628 with the following calculation:

Amount due at signing: 5,500
    1st month lease payment: 423.88 * 1.06 = 449.31
    Affiliate rewards administration fee: 75
    Conveyance Fee: 247
    Registration Fee: 183
    Bank Fee: 700
    Amount due minus all the fees above is 3,845.69 after tax and that correspond to 3,628 pre tax.

My monthly lease should be:
    Depreciation fee: (cap cost 34,167 – cap cost reduction 3,628 – (msrp 42,195 * 45%)) / term 39 = 296
    Monthly Finance Fee: (cap cost 34,167 – cap cost reduction 3,628 + (msrp 42,195 * 45%)) * money cost 0.00183 = 91
    Monthly Lease payment = 296 + 91 = 387 + 23 (6% tax) = 410

Can you please tell me whether I am completely off?

Thanks a lot for your help
  • rmalloy1976rmalloy1976 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal?
    2007 GRAND CHEROKEE ROCKY MOUNTAIN EDITION 4X4
    MSRP $32,405
    27 Mos 12000 MI/YR
    $315 a Mo w/2000 out of pocket including all fees and taxes and rebates.

Should I go for more?
    I also have supplier pricing which according to the sales man is figured in.

Thanks,
  • mss1mss1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man.

I was wondering if you could give me the residuals and money factors on a 2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 for a 24, 30 and 36 month lease all with 15k miles per year. Also, could you give me the same info on a 2007 Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Any insight as to whether Chrysler will continue incentives past July 2? Thanks in advance.
    Hi Jen. Chrysler Financial's lease program for the Jeep Grand Cherokee varies by trim level. You never mentioned which exact model you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '07 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD. Let me know if you want something different. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '07 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 43%, respectively. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $3,500 lease cash plus an additional $500 bonus cash, $4,000 total on leases of this model. Make sure to use this cash to help you negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings joab. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with Chrysler Financial's buy rate for it. This is a good thing. Furthermore, a selling price of 1% below dealer invoice is very attractive. I see that you are considering making a $3,600 capitalized cost reduction on your truck. I personally always advise consumers against making large cap cost reductions on leases. Those how make them risk losing all or part of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with no cap cost reduction and having a slightly higher monthly payment. In case you are interested, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment is around $519.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rmalloy1976. The fact that you qualify for DaimlerChrysler's supplier purchase program almost assures that you of getting a good deal on this lease. The $315 per month looks like a very attractive monthly payment for this truck to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mss1. I believe that DaimlerChrysler's lease program varies by region. For now I will give you what I believe it its most widely available program. If you let me know what state you are in I can confirm that it is available in your area. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00238 and 45%. Its 36 month numbers are .00238 and 42%.

Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00294 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00319 and 49%. Its 36 month numbers are .00319 and 46%.

I highly doubt that DaimlerChrysler will extend its July lease program past 7/2. If it does extend it, it will probably only be for a few days. I suspect that Chrysler Financial will publish new lower residual values for most vehicles that it leases for the third quarter. DaimlerChrysler will then have to decide if it wants to increase its lease support to maintain the lease payments that it is currently featuring on its vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hawks29hawks29 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man

Can you please let me know what types of pre-tax lease payments to expect for the following:

GC Limited
    MSRP $39500
    Affiliate Rewards (1% below factory invoice)
    $3500 Factory Rebate
    $500 Maximize Miles
    $1000 Rebate for Limited
    Pull forward for 3 months
    12,000 miles
    27 month lease (or others if cheaper)

Thanks for any help.
  • jilld73jilld73 Member Posts: 2
    My lease is nearing termination (Oct 1) and I'd like to buy my 04 Grand Cherokee for my contract buy out price of 12,500. This is the first lease I've ever had so this is all new to me...

My question is, will Chrysler Financial offer me financing for that $12,500? Will it be standard used car financing or what can I expect? Should I be seeking my own financing options right now as well? I was told to call back in July when I'm within 90 days of termination for more details but I'd like to know what to expect re: financing and monthly payment.

I definitely want to buy my Jeep,love the truck and I'm also way over miles so I don't want to get hit with all those fees. My researchtells me that my buy out price is a good deal.
  • frog22frog22 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car Man...hope you can help...
    downpayment $4264 includes all tax, 1st month payment and fees
    mo. payment $291
    GC Laredo 4x4 Rocky Mountain edition, auto
    36 months w/10,500 mi/year
    MSRP $32,330.00
    Initial cap cost $30,273
    cash cap reduction $2000
    rebate $4500 with a $500 military rebate
    money factor 0.00109, residual 47%, acq fee $700
    Thanks so much for your help.

JJ
  • frog22frog22 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car Man,

I went ahead and bought the Jeep GC. I hope you can tell me if I got a good deal. I worked the figures myself with the help of an online lease info site and the figures the salesman gave me worked out exactly the same as mine. Please let me know your opinion of the deal.I thought it was pretty good. Thanks.
  • simmons5simmons5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

Wondering if you might be able to help me out with some lease info??

Looking at at 2007 GC 4WD for both 36 & 39 month leases, with 15000 & 18000 miles. What might be your best estimate on the money factors & residuals for each of these 4 options?

Also, with the 26X package, any thoughts on what might be a good neg. cap cost, assuming no down payment? I've got the rebates under control, so just wondering what might be a good negotiated sell price.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

simmons5
  • realtorken1realtorken1 Member Posts: 14
    "#326 of 331 Expected Lease Payments by hawks29 Jun 20, 2007 (2:24 pm)
    Car_Man

Can you please let me know what types of pre-tax lease payments to expect for the following:

GC Limited
    MSRP $39500
    Affiliate Rewards (1% below factory invoice)
    $3500 Factory Rebate
    $500 Maximize Miles
    $1000 Rebate for Limited
    Pull forward for 3 months
    12,000 miles
    27 month lease (or others if cheaper)

Thanks for any help. "

Did you ever get the Jeep? If so how much did payments end up at? This is almost exactly what I am currently trying to price out right now.
  • realtorken1realtorken1 Member Posts: 14
    Ok, so here are the details...

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited
    5.7 HEMI
    Fully Loaded with Navigation/Leather/Tow/Everything except DVD Entertainment (no kids)

12,000 Miles Per Year

Sticker Price $43,460
    Cash Down $2,000
    27 Month Lease $467 per month
    End of Term Buy Out $20,780

I had a 2005 Ford Taurus I needed to trade in that I owed $10,700 on and it had 37,500 miles on it. They took that and paid off the negative equity on it (which I figure was at least $2,000.

Can someone please tell me if I did good (I think I did but need someone to level with me).
  • marc3ohmarc3oh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man:

I am looking at a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD 4x4 V8Hemi w. Navi totaling $43,755 list.

Dealer is quoting 36 at $650 including tax (5%) with 15K miles. First payment ONLY at inception.

Is this a decent deal?

Thanks, Marc :)
  • pcantorepcantore Member Posts: 148
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide the money factor, residual and current rebates for a 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition 4X2, no trade-in, no acessories with the following:

MSRP $30,305 (29,610 + 695 destination)

$2,493 Preferred Discount (Affiliate Rewards)
    $3,500 Lease cash Allowance
    $2,000 Loyalty Cash Allowange
    36 or 39 months
    12K miles
    I live in S.Florida and I have an excellent credit history.

Thanks a lot for your help
  • jeep84jeep84 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, the salesman gave me this offer. Any thoughts?

Retail $35,125
    Savings 2196
    Rebate 4k
    Trade value 1k (98 laredo 4x4, 186,500k mi, Good cond)
    Net sales 30833.46
    Down pymt 1k
    Balance Remaining 29833.46

457.04/mo @ 12k mi/yr

2k down= 431.27
    3k down= 405.51

Seems a little high, think I got stiffed on the trade-in. Think the trade in should be at least 2k, could probably sell privately 3-3.5 maybe 4k

Thanks
  • coffeeman2coffeeman2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan,

Can you let me know the current money factor and residual for a 2007 4x4 Grand Cherokee Laredo with x package and navigation for 39 months(or 36 if the numbers are better)and 12,000 miles. Thanks
    Hi Car man,
    If possible can you give me the same info regarding post #338 for the same terms and vehicle for the 2008 model as well.
  • lilcandykate22lilcandykate22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm not exactly sure where I should be posting, but I am in a difficult situation and I was wondering if anyone could help me! :) I had a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I actually totaled last Monday. I loved my car and it's the only car I really want. I'm kind of tight on money right now, but I'm desperate. I have a good paying job, but I'm looking to pick up another one, so I can afford something on my own. I am 17 years old and still attend high school, so my accident was an inconvenience for me. I'm trying to work through this stressful state of mind and I think I'm pretty much looking for a miracle. I'm not exactly sure if I can get someone to co-sign a loan for me, but I don't have very many options. If anyone could message me back or give me advice that would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you,
    Candy
    Hi CarMan,

Can you let me know the current money factor and residual for a 2008 (October) 4x4 Grand Cherokee Laredo with x package and navigation for 39 months(or 36 if the numbers are better)and 12,000 miles. Thanks
    Ahhhh, a fellow coffee lover. Some mornings when I need a little extra jolt, I just open up the bag and eat the grounds with a spoon ;) . Here's the information that you're looking for, coffeeman2. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00101 and 42%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $4,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account. If the specific model that you are interested in has been on the dealer's lot since March 1st or earlier, it is eligible for an additional $1,000 incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey coffeeman2. Here's the information for the '08 model. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 46%, respectively. Chrysler is only offering $1,000 lease cash on the 2008 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Candy. I'm sorry to hear about your recent accident. At least it sounds like you are OK. While losing your vehicle is certainly inconvenient, your health is by far the most important thing. Unfortunately, given your young age and your lack of full-time employment you may have a difficult time financing or leasing a new Grand Cherokee without someone to co-sign your loan. If you cannot find a co-signer, you may want to consider just picking up a less expensive vehicle for now. You should be able to buy a low mileage used domestic car for a very reasonable price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey coffeeman2. I posted this information for you a couple of messages back. let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • douglasnydouglasny Member Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan,

Please let me know the residual & money factors for a

GC Laredo E Package 36 & 39 month lease - 12,000 miles/year

GC Laredo Rocky Mountain Package 36 & 39 month lease - 12,000 miles/year

Thanks in advance as this is my first lease and the GC look to have attractive incentives right now.

Sorry if this double posts as I'm a newbie on the board.
    Welcome douglasny. Don't worry about the double posts. I deleted the other one. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here is the specific information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00028 and 45%. Make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on this model into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • douglasnydouglasny Member Posts: 10
    apologies but I was actually looking for the 2007 model #'s.

Please post when you have a chance.

Thanks a lot
  • carhawk1carhawk1 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_Man,

I have been looking at a 2008 Grand Cherokee Limited.

Here is what I have been offered so far...

- MSRP = $40,650

- Offer is $34,647

Discount includes:
    - $4,211 off MSRP
    - $792 Dealer Cash for MyGIG (available to dealerships, but not advertised)
    - $1,000 Lease Incentive

- Residual = 46% (36 month / 10,500 miles per year)

- MF = 0.00001 (yes, Four zeros. Supposedly there is a "top tier" lease program available by Jeep)

Am I a fool if I do not take this or do you think there will be better offers by the end of the year? We don't need a new car until Dec/Jan when our current lease is up, but I am afraid I may "miss the boat".

Thanks in advance for your feeback!
    Hi Carhawk,

Sounds like a great deal. I thought the cash was for MyGig with navigation which has an MSRP is $1650. I'm wondering if they should be giving you more than $792
    Thanks Coffeeman2. According to Edmunds, the 2008 MyGig has an MSRP of $900 and an invoice cost of $792. This was consistent with what the dealership also informed me. It would be hard to pass on that one, but I am pushing to see if I can get another $500 off...
  • themisnthemisn Member Posts: 23
    Isnt there now $3k cash allowance on the 08 limited grand cherokee? I was curious to see how those leases worked out.
  • joshmmmjoshmmm Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am considering leasing a 2007 Grand Cherokee 4x4. V8 or Hemi. Limited for Overland.

What should I be paying per month, what are the current money factors? How much should they be discounting the 07 now? Would getting an 08 make any sense? The mileage I think wouldn't much matter--the only reason I am considering leasing a new grand cherokee is because of the lifetime warranty and I am in Law School right now so low payments are key. I am toying between buying a used 01-04 vs. leasing, but I love that new warranty program having spent 3500 on a differential on my old grand cherokee.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the differences between limited/overland or whether I should get a hemi?

ps. anybody have experience getting out of Honda leases? I made a mistake and leased an accord 6 months ago and I hate it!
    We went with the 2008 Limited (Hemi, MyGIG Navigation and 18" Chrome Rims) for my wife.

Money factor is 0.00001
    Residual = 46%

MSRP = $41,790
    Sales Price = $35,451 + Tax/Title/License
    (There is a $1,000 rebate and also an incentive to dealers on MyGig Navigation)

We put quite a bit down, $5,000, and our payments are $378/mo for 36 months (10,500 miles/yr)

I drive a 2007 Grand Cherokee Overland (Yes, we love Jeeps). The 2008 Limited is very much the equal, here are some of the upgrades they made to the 2008 Limited since 2007:

- Standard V8 has much higher output, over 300hp (We only took Hemi on our 2008 as they could not locate one with preferred options without)
    - Rear seats are heated (not available in 2007)
    - Mirrors on Limited or Color coded with body (2007's only had this for Overland)
    - Front Fascia much improved and fully matches body color (lower air dam on 2007 was black on Limiteds)
    - Interior upgraded, nicer control layout.
    - Dash display is totally new, very nice white digital look
    - Navigation system is upgraded with touch screen (MyGIG)

If you buy, a 2007 might make sense. If you lease, then the 2007 would have a worse residual...might even have a lower lease payment with the newer 2008 in a lease.

Payments are typically less with a lease than a new vehicle, but it is very important you maintain the vehicle and are careful not to exceed your mileage limits.

Hope this helps!
  • deejay2099deejay2099 Member Posts: 36
    Hello Carman, hope all is well.
    I was hoping you could provide me with the residual and money factor for a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. I want to do a 15K mile lease for 36 or 39 months.
    Thanks a lot.
  • themisnthemisn Member Posts: 23
    Was that 5000 down or 5000 out of pocket? Did that payment include tax?
    Not sure what difference is between down and out of pocket. We gave them a check for $5,000 as down payment. This included tax, title, license and also reduced the capital cost. The monthly payment is final payment that we will incur - including taxes, interest, etc.
This discussion has been closed.