Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• chigirlintexaschigirlintexas Member Posts: 73
    My 2008 Hemi (5.7L) is fine so far (about 750 miles)....is the vibration problem pertinent only to the 2007 models?

Thanks for the heads-up (although it's too late for me, if there is a problem!)
  • nyliferocksnyliferocks Member Posts: 8
    Hi , Does anyone know the residual value of a 2008 Jeep Laredo x package with the navagation package added in?

Im also adding in 3 end payments from the current lease to the new lease totaling $1126. The dealer is quoting me $500 per month for 36 months and 12,000 miles. Do you think this is a good deal?

Also if they are adding in 3 payments from my current lease should these payments include the interest per month that I have been paying or should these remaining 3 payments be reduced?
  • joejeepjoejeep Member Posts: 12
    Recently leased 3/36 08 GC Laredo V6 26X, Nav MSRP 36,910 Res. = 16,978
    ok heres the breakdown.

His offer is $30,650 for the 08 Jeep, 3.7, 26x package. This is already reduced by a 4,000 rebate. I do not qualify for the loyalty 1,000 because i am ending my current lease early. Also add on $1,125 for my remaining 3 payments of my current lease to his offer.

Hes giving me $500 per month at .09 percent, 36 months, 12,000 miles. $0 down, only first payment

the MSRP is $36,720 and the invoice price is $33,562
    My numbers were as follows:
    08 Jeep GC V6, 26X, Nav
    MSRP 36,910
    Inv: 33,729
    GCC: 32,972
    CCR: 5,000 (3K, 1K, 1K)
    ACC: 27,972
    Res Val: 16,978
    3yr. / 36K
    $325/mo (not incl tax)
    $100 toop

Unfortunately, I am not very good at the lease calculations etc... At the time I qualified for all of the rebates etc... To be honest it sounds a bit high.
    I just came out of a lease on an 05 Hemi Ltd and was only at 460/mo. w/ tax..
    The 1200 in remaining payments should translate to $30 - $40 additional per month max.... I would try hitting a couple other dealers to keep them honest.
    So basically im paying $465 per month for my lease taking away my final 3 payments added into it. Your 460 per month lease, did you put down a down payment or trade in?
  • rkoz1rkoz1 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 07 Rocky Mountain with the 4.7 that I purchased new in August. They still have not resolved my vibration problems. I was told that it is a characteristic of the Quadra-trac II system
    I don't have the details on my old lease. It was 460/mo. including 5% tax. not sure how much was put down. New Lease is 340/mo including 5% tax.
  • turbanskiturbanski Member Posts: 85
    Thank you for the response. Did the vibration problem show up when you first purchased the vehicle or did it take awhile? As stated I have less than 500 miles and it seems fine so far. I have driven in the 65-70 MPH range briefly on the local interstate and it seems rock steady. Perhaps the problem has been corrected for the 08 model.
    I have posted a possible source for the high speed vibration problem in the Jeep owners Care and Maintenance Forum. You might want to check it out.
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    Wait for three months....get your loyalty rebate. Screw them...
    My understanding is that you can get the lease pull ahead (up to three months) or the bonus cash, but not both. The dealer should recommend the option that is most advantages to the purchaser/lessee. This is based on the December, 07 program which I believe continued in January.
    I have 8 months left. They are paying 5 I am paying 3 of them put into the new lease. They are also giving me the rebates expect for the loyality
    Every lease situation is a little different making a direct comparison difficult. The bottom line is the ACC or adjusted cap cost, which includes all taxes, fees, title,etc. after down payments and rebates. The ACC is what determines what the monthly payments will be. If you are happy with this amount, then its a good deal. Enjoy your new Jeep.
    Thanks. My ACC is 30,121 for a 08 Laredo 26X package with Nav. $447 per month, 36 months, 12,000. I believe its a good deal.
  • deejay2099deejay2099 Member Posts: 36
    CarMan or anyone else with the info,
    Can you please provide the current rate and residual Chrysler Financial is providing on the 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo for a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year?
    Thank you.
    Jeep just told me yesterday the residual is 45% for a 2008 laredo, 36 month, 12k
  • mikeintheocmikeintheoc Member Posts: 23
    Just checked a local dealership and they are offering a 08 JGC Limited with options of Hemi, uconnect, and Tow package IV for 32670 (internet price) includes 3500 cash and 500 bonus cash.

For a 36mo/15K lease they are offering a residual of 44% and MF of 0.00083. Is that right? Is there a listing of the residuals and money factors somewhere like other captive banks or does Chrysler only tell the dealerships?

I will still negotiate the cap cost, but it looks like a bum MF from other MF's I have seen on the forum.

Thanks!

Mike
    My residual was 47% based on a 36 mo. 10.5K miles per year lease. I think the extra milage is hurting your residual value. My MF was .00062.
  • mikeintheocmikeintheoc Member Posts: 23
    Thanks turbanski.

He quoted me 46% for a 12K mile per year 36mo lease. So I see your point. I'd like to get down to your MF of .00062. I have great credit, so I don't see why I'm getting a bad MF. Did you negotiate the MF or was it just the time of year etc.?

Thanks, Mike
    Hi, where is the site they are offering for this?
    I don't think the MF is negotiable. It seems to be a reflection of the local market together with the credit rating of the applicant. I live in western New York State and our local economy and job market are not very good. I did negotiate a substantial discount from the MSRP in addition to $5,000 in rebates and a set of molded splash guards. It was also the Saturday before Christmas which may have helped due to end of month and year end quotas. Good Luck.
  • jf7227jf7227 Member Posts: 14
    Local Dealership in Northern NJ is offering a JGC 4X4 Overland for:

36month, 15K a year
    $555.00 a month (taxes and fees included)
    First month payment due at signing
    MSRP- $43,440 plus $695 destination.

Is this a good deal?

Chrysler is also absorbing 5 lease payments, per pull-ahead program.
    If you are only making 1st payment at signing (no cash down) and someone is paying off 5 remaining lease payments (you don't say how much) $555/mo. sounds reasonable to me.
    I have 5 remaining payments of $475.00 on a 2006 JGC limited. Dealer has nothing to do with this though, Chrysler Finance would be absorbing the cost.

The deal of $555.00 includes everything, (including 7% NJ sales tax).

First payment of $555.00 is due at signing.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi prettyvacant. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00014 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash that Chrysler is providing on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. Also, Chrysler is providing an additional $500 bonus cash on this truck in select areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, f1freak. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are an incredibly low .00001 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD are .00017 and 46%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash that Chrysler is currently providing on it. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease. Chrysler is providing an additional $500 bonus cash on this truck in select areas, but I haven't seen any mention of the MyGig promotion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jgriffs. You never mentioned the selling price of the Grand Cherokee that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact truck that you are interested in for you if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can work up an approximate payment for you. A 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2WD probably has a spread of around $3,600 between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on this model and we get $7,100. Assuming that you were able to get this truck for $500 over invoice would result in an approximate selling price of $35,470. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2WD that has an MSRP of $42,070 and a selling price of $35,470 through Chrysler Financial right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $594. As you can see, this is amazingly close to the payment that you were quoted. It looks like you are getting a pretty good deal to me, but again I don't know this truck's exact selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nyliferocks. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 45%, respectively. The navigation system has no impact upon this truck's money factor or residual. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. Chrysler is providing an additional $500 bonus cash on this truck in certain regions.

What vehicle are you currently leasing? If it is a Chrysler product, you may be eligible to have your remaining payments waived for free through Chrysler Financial's early lease termination program instead of rolling them into your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello deejay2099. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on it. Chrysler is providing an additional $500 bonus cash on this truck in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    FYI...I just got a quote for a JGC Overland 4x4 in NJ:

36month
    15k a year
    MSRP- $43.440
    $565 a month, sign and drive, $0 due at signing (7% NJ sales tax and all fees included)
  • rwwongrwwong Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I did a search and could not find a definite answer. Am I getting a good deal. I have been quoted on a 2008 GJC Laredo 4x4, X package, w/ blue tooth. MSRP $35,775. $429 a month, 36 months, 12,000 miles, w/ $1900 due at signing. What do you think? Sorry, I don't have the selling price at this time.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    rwwong - Where are you located?
  • rwwongrwwong Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Minnesota, I acutally did some shopping around and got a much better quote on a 5.7L V8 Hemi Limited with My Gig Nav, Bluetooth, back up camera. $449 a month, $1929 due at signing, 36months, 12,000 miles. MSRP $40,500
  • dsnj06dsnj06 Member Posts: 3
    jf7227,
    Can you share the dealer information. I am in a market to lease a one soon.
    Jeep 17
    Paramus, NJ
  • dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

Can I have the Money factor and residual for a Jeep Laredo 4x4 with 15k miles for 36 months.

Thanks.
  • banneheimbanneheim Member Posts: 12
    Carman,
    I visited the local Jeep dealership and here is what they try to hose me down with. JGC Limited 4X4, MSRP of $43,890, Net Cap Cost $39,330.04, Residual 45%, MF .00041, 0 down, $585.14/month 36month/12K year. They would make the first payment of 585.14. After perusing your comments on previous quotes, I came up with a counteroffer of NetCap Cost of $37170, which I calculate to be about $522.42/month. Can I do better? Thanks for your advice!!!
  • postermikepostermike Member Posts: 28
    Help! I've sold my car and they pick it up on Friday. I'm thinking of a few vehicles so if you notice this post in different vehicle areas, please don't get confused. Specifically I'm looking for Tier 1 and Tier 2 MFs. Because of an accident and being out of work, my credit in the past year went from 760 to 541. Fortunately this past couple of months I paid ALL of my outstanding debt ($40k+) other than my mortgage so I'm expecting a bump up in the next couple of months since I have virtually no debt. In any case. I'm trying to find out the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 rates to figure out if it's worth it to rent a car for the period until my credit goes up to the Tier 1 rate. Sorry about the length. Anyway, here are the specifics on the vehicle(s):

Area: Southeast (Atlanta)
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 / 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2
    MSRP: $40,325 / $39,800
    Term: 24 Months
    Miles: 10,000

I have a spreadsheet that I've worked up for all of my leases but I'm having a hard time finding the MF rates. If you could provide both Tier 1 and Tier 2 that would be great. Thanks!!!

Michael :confuse:
  • sasha7sasha7 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to get some advice regarding following:my current lease on JGC'06 Laredo 4x4 is up on 04-01-08.I'm 12K below my contract agreement, Should I continue with my lease on month-to-month basis after April1? Should I negotiate another reduction on price based on 0.20/mile X12K?. What are the opinions on incentives for the month of March?
    Thanks in advance.Sasha7
  • ksmith76ksmith76 Member Posts: 4
    Hey everyone!

I had a quick question that maybe someone can help with.

My wife and I are returning a 2006 Liberty lease for a 2008 Overland lease. It's being built right now... but I was trying to find out what the "New Day" special is on the Overland model... the Jeep website shows MyGIG for the Limited, but according to all the books, it's supposed to be standard on the Overland. When I (mistakenly) e-mailed Chrysler from the link, I was told to ask the dealer (lots of help there, huh?) and the dealer said it's too new for them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kurt
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    According to Jeep web the offer is good for both the Limited and Overland models.
    Thanks. I noted that on the Jeep.com website. My only question is - what actually is the Overland offer? If the MyGig Infonav is already standard on the Overland (it has been since the start of MY2008), what is the offer?

I think it is a credit of $900 (the value of the offer in the Limited) but no one can tell me. That's why I was asking. Jeep was of no help.

- K
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    It does not appear that a credit is being offered as part of the My GiG offer for the Overland. If you go to the build site, the $900 appears in the options list and then is credited along with the other discounts for the Limited. For the Overland it shows as standard equipment with no credit of any kind. The question still remains what, if anything, is being offered for the Overland as part of the New Day program. I called my local dealer where I leased my last three Jeeps and he did not have a answer.
    ronaldc:

thanks for making me feel a little less crazy. My car is to be ready on 3/6/08, so I'll see what "NewDay" has in store then. The internet rep from the dealer says it was ordered with the "New Day Package" but I don't think they know what that means, either. I was quoted a "special" MSRP that happened to be $900 less than the usual... coupled with supplier discount, military, returning lessee, and the cash back (which looks to have been upped for March) it seems that I should be getting over $10500 off MSRP!

I wonder what the residual is... and does anyone know if it's based on MSRP or what you pay after discounts?

Thanks,
    Kurt

- K
    It's based on MSRP and the lease term in months and built into the computer program the dealer uses to calculate your lease payments. See Post #383 for an example.
  • northdallasnorthdallas Member Posts: 1
    Since the MyGig was standard on the Overland model, they reduced the msrp by $900.

I have a JGC Overland on order as well. It's scheduled to ship from the factory on 3/7. This will be my first Jeep and will replace a 2001 Infiniti QX4 with 180,000 miles on it and which I have owned since new, It was an excellent vehicle and I would buy another but they discontinued the QX4 model and I don't like the styling of the FX45. Hope the Jeep turns out to be as good and last as long.
  • hytekjoshhytekjosh Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease another Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 as my lease runs out in a few weeks. Want the base 4x4 with Customer Preferred Package 26X, Trailer Tow Hitch (Class III or IV), and Sirius Satellite radio. 10,500 miles per year 36 month lease, dealer quoted $369 with $1895 down. Said another ~$50/month to have $0 down. Currently see a $4000 cash allowance, $1000 returning lease, and $500 region cash. Is that rate good or can the dealer do better?
  • mwagmwag Member Posts: 6
    for the exact same jeep wth the same mileage and term we are paying $315.43 a month. 0 down. lease started in late December. we did not have the leasel loyalty.
  • hytekjoshhytekjosh Member Posts: 2
    Wow that is quite the difference. Your MSRP was ~$35,000? Do you know your money factor (interest) and residual? The dealer said $428 per month for us. I know there is probably some room for negotiation but not over $100 per month!
This discussion has been closed.