Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• roundersrounders Member Posts: 3
    Thanks valenkav!
  • roundersrounders Member Posts: 3
    Sure no problem...Freehold Chrysler Jeep in NJ...about 30 mins from Staten Island.
  • tkln97tkln97 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much!!
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    I got different impression after testing V-8 Limited JGC. Much better than my current 2008 Commander. Troops carrier? I don't know. Think they would be happy.
    Specs for Turning Radius giving different numbers. 42 ft for X5, 38.1 ft for Q5 (Audi),
    37.1 ft for JGC LTD. Not bad at all for JGC.
  • valenkavvalenkav Member Posts: 18
    Do you have any information about September MF and RV for Overland V-6 from GMAC? Lease based on 36 months with 12K/yr and excellent credit and loyalty history. From one of Michigan dealer I got .00108 & 47% but not positive if his numbers are correct.
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Looking for money factor,residual,and incentives for :

Laredo with 26x option package
    Limited

36 mo,12k/yr. Located in Florida.

Is the 4x4 cheaper to lease?

Of course, if there is another monthly program that has better rates, let me know.

Thanks!
  • greez82greez82 Member Posts: 13
    Any update on lease rates and rv for the 2011 Cherokee?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi greez82. Chrysler's special lease rates for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in October are 1.27% for the Laredo, 2.82% for the Limited, and 2.59% for the Overland.

This truck's residual values vary by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. I can give you an idea of what they are for the exact vehicle that you are interested in if you provide me with some additional details.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks Carman I am looking for the rv on the laredo x and limited models 4x4

36 months, 12-15k miles,
  • corey7029corey7029 Member Posts: 13
    ok just got a quote from a dealer for a 2011 laredo 4x4 msrp 38875. Said they could do 1% under invoice which is 36265. this is for a lease so the deal is 36mos. 15k mi a year. and $0 out of pocket sign and drive for 550 a month. good deal?
    Well I did the deal, laredo 4x4, 26x pckg,trailer pckg,panoramic sunroof,leather,backup camera,etc..... Msrp is 38,785 they gave me 1% below invoice, which is the friends and family discount. Plus took mycurrent lease back a month early and they paid the last payment. so I got a new 36 mos lease 15k mi a year $0 down $0 out of pocket sign and drive $540 a month.
    I saw some posts wondering about the RV and MFso here is what was used on my deal Residual was 50% and MF was ( 0.0006) =1.4%. Like I stated in a previous post I got a Laredo 4x4 with 26x pckg,tow pckg,panoramic sunroof. MSRP 38,785 they gave me the friends and family discount without me asking for it, which is 1% below invoice 36265. and we did some further negotiating beyond that. in the end I did 36month lease 15k mi a year $0 down $0 out of pocket sign and drive $540 a month, oh and they gave me free oil changes for the life of the lease which was nice. Also i should mention that my lease is with US BANK not GMAC they also use ALLY bank,so the dealers are shopping around the banks for leases as well! all in all not bad, love my new jeep its more than I even expected I think Chrysler/ Fiat really nailed this one, hope my info helps someone.
    That is exactly the info i was looking for. thanks for posting! I am looking at the same model
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Ally is the new name for GMAC..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You wont be dissapointed if you get it, I am more than happy with the purchase. I'ts a sweet ride.,
  • salbksalbk Member Posts: 1
    Hey Corey, wish I would have read your post earlier. Just locked in a deal for the same model, 500 a month, 15k/36. 2g down, and another 2g for fees and first month. Seems like you got a great deal. They never mentioned friends and family and he was quick to go from 515 to 500. My current lease was up ,but had already paid the last month, so no deal there. I also leases it out of Manhattan so might have to do with the cost. Hope to enjoy it so much that I forget what I am paying.
  • polara60polara60 Member Posts: 9
    This truck's residual values vary by term, mileage allowance, and trim level. I can give you an idea of what they are for the exact vehicle that you are interested in if you provide me with some additional details

So I hope you don't mind if I take you up on that invitation. What would be the expected residual for a 48 mth 15m/yr lease for a 2011 JGC Limited no options MSRP $39,215? I am not liking what I am seeing. Thanks so much!
    Ya Im in Indiana and the tax here is 7% probably a lot less than Manhattan. Enjoy your new ride.
    Do you want to do a 48mos lease? or is the dealer suggesting that? was wondering because you'll have a full year where the warranty isnt covered.
  • polara60polara60 Member Posts: 9
    Good point and realize that's a risk but appreciate any info on 4 yr residual value estimates. Thanks!
  • jmill012jmill012 Member Posts: 22
    Hi All,

Please let me know how I did.

Laredo 25X Package, Hemi, 430N radio/NAV
    36 month 10K miles a year
    Sticker $38,885
    Sale Price $35,200
    $1500 Down
    $460 month
    I'll do some research on the net for a 48 mos lease, not to sure about the numbers right off hand.
  • xc90508xc90508 Member Posts: 26
    jmill012,

That is the sort of numbers I am hoping to see when I look to make a deal in mid-November. I am looking at a 26X with a few other goodies and about the same MSRP.

Maybe kind of simplistic, but they advertise a 26E for $399 per month for 36 months. I think that MSRP is $32,995.

Factor $399 up from $32,995 to $38,885 equals about $470 per month.

Enjoy!
  • jmill012jmill012 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks xc90508 but I ended up buying instead of leasing.

Evryone leasing from Jeep beware, check your lease end buy price it is marked up $2500!! I asked the GM to get rif of the $2500 because that is inflating the residual or lower my payment to reflect the higher end price and he said he couldn't because Chrysler puts the $2500 on top of the residual value at the lease end if you would like to buy the Jeep.

So, I ended up buying the Jeep at 72 months for about the same monthly payment and since they slapped the $2500 on the end of the lease I am actually in a better position in 36 months when it comes to how much I owe/can buy the jeep for at lease end.

Either way I am loving the Jeep. The ride quality and interior quality are nothing like Jeep used to make, it is way better. Love it so far.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I've seen the $2500 purchase option adder on GMs, recently.. Are they running the Jeep leases through Ally (aka GMAC)?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• skyline55skyline55 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in leasing a Laredo 26x with MSRP around $35,200. It seems according to truecar.com, Average Paid for this is around $33,000 plus or minus a few hundred bucks. I was quoted that current MF is 1.77 and Residual at 52%. With $1500 down my monthly would be around $520. This seemed too high so I walked away from the deal. I ran their numbers through a lease calculator and it seems it should be more around $450 a month. As I'm leaving, the manager stops me and says that these special rates will end on 11/1/10. I'm trying to figure out if the new November rates will be better or worse. Also, do these rates change from State to State?
    So is this $2500 explicitly spelled out in the lease as an "add-on"?

Just curious...
  • pmhapmha Member Posts: 2
    Can someone please very if lease residual and money factor percentages increased for November? I am wondering if my dealer is pulling a fast one on me. He jacked up original $465 per month to $485 due to changes in lease percentages? Is this true?

For:
    Jeep Grand cherokee laredo: 26x package, panoramic sunroof and navigator-2200 due at signing....

In addition- to include wife on lease( who its for) with 659 credit...he says it will cost an extra 40 MONTH???
    I have still been seriously considering the lease. I have some payment quotes, but not all of the particulars (residual, ...). The payments were a lot higher than I was expecting. Jeep is offering $399 per months for a 26E model (MSRP = 32,995). One dealer explained to me that other models (26X, 25X, ...) does not have a comparable deal. Factoring the payment by the ratio of MSRP (as I discussed above) is not a realistic approximation. As of the last few days, I am thinking I will pursue a purchase with a 6 year loan. I think the payment will be about $50 more per month than the lease. I would hate to do the lease for such a small savings and then have nothing to show for it in 3 years.

Hopefully in the next week...
  • kwtengine2kwtengine2 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2011 Grand Cherokee Silver 26X with the Command Sunroof. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles a year, tax,tags, first month. $419 a month. What an awesome truck so far. :)
    Congrats!

I am inching toward my purchase. I was hoping for a lease deal comparable to yours. I have checked a couple of local dealers and I am not being quoted the numbers I was hoping to see, so am planning on a purchase. I'll hopefully have an update soon...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi pmha. I don't recall what this truck's lease program was like last month (though you may be able to get an idea by scrolling back through the posts). However, I can tell you what its current program is like.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.48% and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • phjeepphjeep Member Posts: 10
    I just took delivery of a 2011 Jeep GJL 26x package with the panorama roof this past Friday ,November 28th. The color is inferno chrystal red. My lease is for 36 months and 12000 miles a year. I am paying $489.17 a month including tax. I had to pay upfront the $895 bank fee, the first months payment of $489.17 and all of those annoying dealer fees such as registration fee $271.50 ,document fee and tax on the document fee of $81.47and the New York tire fee of $12.50. for a total of $1749.64 upfront. I also received 2 rebates totaling $1500. I think that I did OK. How did I do????
  • blue_bayblue_bay Member Posts: 9
    Dear Car_man,

Can you tell me what is the current money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of JGC Limited 4WD with 10,000 miles per year? And what are the numbers for Loredo 4WD with the same lease program?

Thank you very much!
    Congratulations! Its a great deal! What is the MSRP? Do you mind sharing with us the dealer info?

Thanks
    This is PHJEEP. I am not sure if you were asking me or another person. The sticker price of my Jeep is $38415,which includes the 26x package, the panorama roof , the inferno crystal red and the destination charge. I leased the Jeep on Long Island, New York at Westbury Jeep.
    Thanks a lot, PHJEEP! It is an awesome deal!
  • kwtengine2kwtengine2 Member Posts: 2
    It was 38180 I think. Smithaven Jeep in Nesconset on Long Island
  • sajeevmsajeevm Member Posts: 10
    hello

what the invoice price and the net cap cost on this??

i am in the market to lease a JGC 36 months/15 k per year.

thanks
    Hi corey

Can you let me know the dealership details??

looks like you got a great offer.i am in the market to lease a JGC limited edition ( 36 months at 15 k/year).

thanks
    carman

any idea on the base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of 2011 JGC LIMITED 4 WD EDITION
    Hello, the Gross Capitalized Cost is $ 31608.82. The sticker price is $38415.00 The adjusted Capitalized Cost is $33001.43 and the residual Value is $20696.04.I beleive the invoice price is $36205.00 I also received 2 rebates totaling $1500.00. i am paying $449.21 a month on a 36 month lease with 12000 miles a year. i hope that this is a help to you. If you have any further questions please ask me. Thank you.
    Hello

Thanks a lot for the detailed break up.Appreciate it.

Also,can you let me know the name of the salesman that you were working with at this dealership.my email is : r_sajeev@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    The salesmans name is Michael Goldberg at Westbury Jeep on Long Island. Tell him you want the same deal as PETER H.
    Peter

Thanks a ton for the info.

also just wanted to confirm that this deal is for the laredo 4WD with 26 X package/ media center 430 N and panoramic sun roof.

also what was the money factor that they offered you?? my FICO score is around 720.

Thanks again
    I am so sorry. I just leased a Lexus 3weeks ago and I was reading off of the wrong contract. The correct numbers are as follows. Gross capitalized cost is $35808.77..Monthly payment is $489.17 including tax for a 36 month lease ,12,000 miles a year. The sticker price is $38415 for a 2011 Jeep GCL 26x package,panorama roof ,inferno crystal red, destination charge, Media center 430 cd/dvd/mp3/hdd. [which is included in the 26x package} I put down the $895 bank fee $12.50 tire fee $271.50 in Registration and title fees and $81.47 in document fees and the first month payment of $489.17. Total down $1749.64. My credit score is in the low 800,s but this is my 6th Jepp GCL and the %th from this dealer. i really don't know what the money factor was. i hope that this helps . Sorry for the numbers mistake that I made. invoice was $36205 and I got $1500 in rebates. PH
    To be precise Gross Cap Cost once again $35808.77 minus the $1500. rebate and it is for the 4 WD. Sorry if I caused any confusion. PETER
    Peter thanks

was this for the JGC imited edition ( 4WD).??.

Also was the $ 1500 specific to existing jeep lessees or was it an open rebate that was available to all customers??

please let me know

thanks
    It is NOT the limited. It is the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. There were 2 separate rebates.$1000 for returning lessee and another for $500 that was a direct marketing promo from Chrysler.
  • aitrus03aitrus03 Member Posts: 20
    Hello,

I am looking for the December residual and money factor for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x2 with Luxury Group add-on for 12,000 miles and 36 months. Also, I am interested in any incentives, hold back, etc that may be available.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.