Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler Lease Questions

Comments

• fifafifa Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,
    We are planing to lease a jeep 2d 4wd WranglerX 2c model. (we r in AZ. Dealer quoted adjusted price of vehicle at 20,498. We wanted a 24 month/12K lease - and they came up with a price of $400 after $2500 down. Residual value of 14,672.
    Please help - i thought our payments would be about $275-$300 range. This completely blew me away.
    Also, residual value is based on the pre tax value - right???
  • cdt1cdt1 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man,

Can you tell me what the MF and residual % is for a 07 Sahara Unlimited 4dr, 4wd, AT for August through Chrylser Financial for a 36 mo lease? Thanks for your help!

Chris
  • sathomps10sathomps10 Member Posts: 14
    Some of you are extremly ofcourse here, due in part to Car_man's posts and his ability to lead you on a wild goose chase.

based on your posts, you seem to think you are "Entitled" to pay a certain payment, based on whatever buy rate is, at the desired term, resideual, and mileage requirements. It is true that you can haggle over the price of the vehicle, as well as rate and reserve, but again, that is not the point.

the dealer itself has a very limited allocation, maybe 5 ... maybe 50 depending on size of the dealership and the market he is in. He has the "right" to sell that vehicle at whatever he chooses, which includes both selling price and MF markup. He has a responsibility to himself, and possibly his shareholders to get as much as possible for that "hot" seeling item, even if it is $8,000 above sticker. At no piont does he "have" to give you a thing. If you caluclate the payment to be 296, and he says he will sell it at 411, then you have a choice. buy it at 411 or move on. Plain and simple. He is forced to sell other vehciles at a loss, and therefore has the responsibility to sell these at a profit. If you do not like it, go away and find something else.

To further that, based on some of your posts, it seems that many of you feel Chrysler has an obligation to keep the '08 pricing the same, and if they don't, then they must be money hungry neo-cons. How wrong you can be. Price is always detemined by demand, and if demand is high, then Chrysler has a responsibility to its shareholders, and the market in general to control demand through price. Once demand decreaes, then price will decrease. I hope Chrysler increases the price on the '08 models 25 - 50% to bring it back in line with where it should be, which the market has dictated.

If that happens, let's see how many of you cry on how you should have paid full price in june, and saved 25% on a 2007 vs. a 2008. And ofcourse... it will be the dealers fault because they did not give you advance warning and were just another mmoney hungry neo-con right?

Again, wise up kids and... stop giving false hope Car-Man. Your supposed to be intelligent.
  • felbie1felbie1 Member Posts: 14
    No, the dealer does not have to sell for a certain price, but were not obligated to buy it at a price that they ask. I live in south florida where this is a very popular vehicle and the dealers have plenty of them. If they wanna sell above sticker they can, but it IS wrong, if they try to manipulate your payments by using residuals for different mileage, if the dealer says hell sell you a car for sticker, with no dealer fee of 600 dollars, and you say you wanna pay 600 below sticker so hell do that and then charge you a 400 dollar dealer fee. Do you just go around to forums and bug people for not trying to get ripped off by dealers? when you have 8 dealers it is your right to get the best possible price, if the dealer really doesn't want to sell it at a price, then he wont, but I had a dealer who told me that my deal was only good for one day, then he called me every hour on the hour lowering his price, the next day also. They play hard ball, why cant we? I have a much lower payment for a 28k car than another dealer wanted me to pay for a 22k car with not one option. I guess maybe youre just a sore dealer who cant get 8k over sticker?

But honestly, who is going to be over 400 dollars a month for a 22k dollar car? the dealer tried to rip me off, I have employee pricing, they lied to me, they refused to show me the invoice, which by chryslers standards, im "entitled" to. and for that, that dealer did not get my business, the salesman didnt get his commission, and I got my car somewhere else.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome sathomps10. I'm sorry that you take exception with the discussion of how to get good deals on new vehicles. I certainly never implied that dealers are money grubbing thieves by trying to maximize their potential profit on deals. If I worked at a dealer I would do exactly the same thing. It's their job and it is how they put food on their families' tables. I don't think that giving consumers an idea of what sort of money factor banks are charging dealers is providing them with false hope. Just as dealers should try to maximize their profits, consumers should to to minimize their expenses. That's how negotiations work. Consumers who do not research how much they should pay for a particular vehicle are doing themselves a disservice. There's no doubt that Jeep Wrangler is an extremely popular vehicle. It has been for a long time. I personally love the new 4-Door version of it. While consumers may not be able to negotiate much of a discount on one, I personally don't think that it is out of line to ask to have the dealer calculate the lease payment on one using Chrysler Financial's buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum

P.S. "Your (sic) supposed to be intelligent." is a pretty funny.
    In reply to both previous posts, I think you guys are missing my point.

First, to the gentleman in South Florida. You lost all credibility when you said there are 8 Jeep dealers in your area, and all have plenty of them. This is just false information and therefore, makes me question the truth in your other comments.

In any event, let me help you out. Residuals DO change depending on both mileage and term. For example, if your looking at a 36 month term, and want to compare 12k and 15 k, there is a residual hit for bumping the mileage. This is elementary knowledge, but in essence, the more miles on a vehcile, the less it's worth at the end of the term, and therfore, a lower residual.

To respond to your 2nd comment, I will not tell you where I am from, and our numbers, because i will not break the forum rules, but we do not have a problem selling any Wrangler, point blank. What you do not know is, as soon as a Wrangler hits the ground, that is not already sold, that Wrangler gets shown 5 - 10 times until it does sell. So if you are not willing to pay what we want you to pay, then someone right behind you will be more than happy. Selling a HOT selling item OVER sticker is NOT wrong. Again, we hold the right to sell any product at what the market determines is a fair price. If demand is high, and a fair price determined by the puiblic is 8k over sticker, then so be it. Eventually, the market will adjust and the price will come down. Just because you want it now, and want it below invoice doesn't hold water in a free market. Either Pony up or wait. The choice is yours.

Regarding Car-Man, I agree with you on some level, but I think you could be more clear on others. I think by giving payments, using the MF and residuals you use is truly giving these people fals hope.

The bottom line kids is... you want a certain vehicle. If you want this vehicle, you then have to decide what your wiling to pay for it. No manufactuer or dealer can detemine this. Once you decide that, then you shop. If you can find it for your price, then congratulations. If not, do not come on some forum and compalin that a dealer is a money hungry sleeze ball trying to screw you over. he is tellign you what he wis willing to sell the vehcile for and if your not willing to pay for it, move on. That simple.

Lastly, a dealer should show you the invoice and the residual for an employee. he however does NOT have to show you the MF and has all the right to charge you max rate. he also has the right to charge you a doc fee allowable by state law. If you do not like it, then move to a different state or find a different vehicle. This is built in profit just as other products at Wal Mart have a built in margin. Just car sales are more upfront about cost and profit. How would you feel knowing you paid 3,000% markup on a coke yet only 12% markeup on a car? Doesn't matter about cost, markeup is markeup. You seem to be the guy who loves to complain, but truly doesn't do intelligent research. The type of guy who complains about $3 a gallon for gas, but willing to spend $1 on 12oz botteld water who is truly paying between $6 - $8 a gallon (water). Doesn't make much sense does it?
    Go to the jeep website and type in 33483, thats south florida, delray beach, itll give you 11 dealers, all with inventory of atleast 10, One dealer was 26! so my credibility isnt gone, thats only 11 thats near me, theres much more if you go to miami. Meanwhile, I went to another dealer that was fair, I saved money, they made money, I paid below invoice. And I know residual changes based on mileage, base residual is on 15k, add 2% for 12k miles and another 1% for 10k, whats your point? they wanted to give me prices based on the mileage for 15k miles, have me agree on the price, then get that extra money built in, fortunately I was smarter another dealer gave me the correct residual, a .00337 money factor, and didnt pressure me at all.

BTW, corporate owned dealers have to show you the invoice, AND the money factor and residual used to come up with your price. Oh, and I don't drink bottles of coke, I prefer water or iced tea, tap is fine, and so is home brewed :) Mark up is mark up, and I have no problem with a dealer making money, but I am only going to pay so much of it. Thats what I did, and so many other of the consumer who do their homework, don't worry you will still get your uninformed buyers who will gladly pay over sticker for a widely available vehicle.
    Wow... I feel like I'm taling politics and dealing with spin.

Ok.. Jeep.com, zip code 33483. ONE Dealer in your city. the next closest dealer is 30 minutes away according to mapquest. Of the Eleven dealers listed, they are anywhere from 30 mintues to over an hour away. Again, according to mapquest.

Next, inventory. if I searched inventory, I saw anything from ZERO to your 26. I made a few phone calls, and started with the 26 number first. They had ONE available. The next highest Number was 15. They had ZERO. I asked this gentleman on the phone why Jeep.com listed 15 and he stated they had listed 15 available the entire year, and they had not seen one in over a month. I called a few more and got the same replies.

I am sure you know this because you obviously have been searchign and searching for a Wrangler and have yet to find your deal. You claim to have purchased one, and recieved this great deal but again, based on your untruthfullness and spin thus far, I am highly doubting you at this point.

Regardless of that, you are incorrect in deducting percentage points based on lower mileage. You ADD percentage points based on higher mileage. But again, what would I know, I only desk these deals day in and day out.

Lastly, there are Corporate owned dealerships. all dealerhsips are independent of Chrysler. You should know this. What dealers have an option of is participating in the Employee Advantage Program, and other Affinty Programs. If they choose to participate, then they have to obide by those rules.

No dealer adjusts the residual at their own discretion. This again magnifies your lack of knowledge and understanding, and your obvious inability to purchase a vehicle. A contract is a legal binding document, and on a contract, it must clearly state the residual, the payment, all documentation fees, taxes and so on. A dealer is NOT required to show you the MF used to determine payment. If you believe this, you will die an uneducated man. What all dealers are required to do is clearly explain, (we make our customers sign an ackowledgement form) that all financing arragements ARE NEGOTIABLE. Therefore, if you are unhappy with the financing terms, you can not sue later.

You my friend are one of the most uneducated custoemrs I have ever met. Most customers understand most of this basic information but you either one... want to make your own rules and own assertations regarding the business, or two are just incable of understanding these terms.

Either way... it goes back to the same thign I keep saying. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the most desriable vehcile currently on the market. Those that purchase one now will pay a premium. Just as those who stood out in line for a PS3 or an Xbox 360. As demand diminishes, then prices will go down. But even when that happens, you will be asked to pay a price by a dealer and you have the option to pay that price or walk. You will never have the power you seem to think you have and demand a dealer sell it to you at your price or strong arm him into making an unaffordiable vehcile for you now affordible.

In the meantime... purchase a KIA until you have the cash to pay for a car you can only now dream of.
    I said my area, not my city, and that dealership in my city I drive by everyday. There are atleast 3-4 out there. Im not still looking for my deal as I have found it, I am not going to satisfy you by scanning and posting my lease agreement but I am driving a Red Rock Sahara Unlimited. I apologize if I worded the residual adjustment incorrectly, as doing these car deals, is NOT my job, I do know what I paid, and what I was willing to pay. Purchase a Kia? What is this a shot at my financial status? The only reason I responded to your post was because you made a direct reference to the prices I was given, Oh yea, and I posted on here with a question about my lease, you came up because you felt the need to explain to people why they can't buy the car they want for a price they want. I personally do not care whether or not you believe me because while you are doubting my credibility and budget, I will be driving around on A1A by the beach with my top down. So enjoy the rest of your weekend, writing up deals for the car that I drive, and you have to watch everyone else drive, but you do not. The next ridiculous, and ignorant, post you make, will not be dignified with an answer by me, To whomever else paid below invoice with the appropriate money factor and didnt get ripped off by a dealer like this guy, have at him because I know I am not the only one.
    Hi fifa. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full pre-tax MSRPs, including destination charges. You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate what your Wrangler's monthly payment should be: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Use Chrysler Financial's current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor of .00330 and residual value of 70% to calculate what your payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
  • fifafifa Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your help.
  • marybethmcgmarybethmcg Member Posts: 6
    I wish I had found this forum prior to leasing a Wrangler Unlimited 07 Jeep yesterday. While I thought I had done my homework based on going to a few dealers many of the questions that have come up in other discussions I failed to ask. So please tell me how bad did I get ripped off and do I have any recourse. I signed paperwork last night and am due back at the dealership this morning to have car detailed, ect..
    MSRP was 24,260. I put down $3,500 for a 27 month lease with 15K miles per year. Monthly payments are $429 per mo. w/ residual value of 16739.40.
  • mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    How did it work out with your Jeep lease situation? I thought someone would have responded to your question by now.
  • panzerpanzer Member Posts: 125
    Looks like you paid about a $3000 gotta have it now premium.
    It is what it is. No didn't get any response. Any thoughts?
    Do you think so? I agree since my lease was based on full MSRP, however after receiving several internet quotes and a visit to another dealership it seems like everything is in the same ballpark. I also can't understand how several friends of mine who are leasing Volvos and Saabs with higher stickerprices, less money down, and similar lease terms are paying less money in monthly payments. Even if I am paying full MSRP the car still had a sticker price of $24,749. Any insight?
  • redfox85redfox85 Member Posts: 3
    You are after a hot vehicle and Chrysler knows it....I paid 9% on my lease rate, fought it, and got nowhere.....I have a friend who recently leased a BMW 7 series for 3.5%....The Unlimited are in high demand, and we are paying the price...

My deal: 70% residual, 10.500 mi/yr. 39 months....
  • kranderskranders Member Posts: 1
    I put a deposit down on a 2 door Wrangler X with a total price of 23,500. It just came in to the dealer so I am preparing to go pick it up and make the deal in two days. At the time of my deposit I ran some numbers with the dealer and with 2,500 down and 39months/12K miles, with tax/tags and 'everything' included the lease came out to $309/month. I'm very new to all of this and was trying to determine if I was getting a good price I've tried to run some numbers myself and what I actually seem to come up with is more than what I was quoted. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since I am in crunch time.
    Every aspect of the lease terms changes the price. Im not so sure about Saab, but I know volvo has recently been offering like 9000-11000 as a lease incentive, and also they seem to have better lease terms, Having the 27mo lease could have an effect on your payment.
  • scottyb1scottyb1 Member Posts: 11
    Here's what I got. I think I got hooked up big time. It's a 2008 2-dr Sahara with the power package, hard top and Sirius. MSRP $26,630. On a 27/mo 12k/yr lease with only a few hundred bucks out of pocket my payment is $321/mo including 6% tax. This is a good deal huh? I didn't even get into money factor or residuals because the payment is well under what I was figuring on my own. Let me know what you guys think.
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, I never really priced out the 2 doors, or the 27 month lease so I guess it all depends, How much did you put outta pocket? Including First month, tags + titles and down payment? im paying right under 400 a month tax in for a 4 door sahara sticker at 28,000 39/12k, with all the options I could want with nothing down(other than first month and tag/title) The 2 doors seemed to have a higher residual maybe because theyve been out for so long and they know what they get for them, either way it Sounds like a great deal and enjoy the jeep :)
    I'm thinking of leasing a 2-door Wrangler (looking for automatic, hard top, and air conditioning package. Also,side airbags would be icing on the cake). I can't seem to find any with side airbags and roll-up windows, though. :( Found a couple with side airbags and plastic windows.

I'm located in Southern Ohio, and I'd like to hear about anyone's leasing experiences from this area -- anyone out there care to share?

Oh, I asked this question on another forum -- in Ohio do you have to pay all the tax upfront when you lease a vehicle instead of it being in the monthly payment? I read something that basically stated this. Thanks!
  • dfw1dfw1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2007 sahara, 28,500 sticker with sale price of 27,000. i would like a 60 month lease with a down payment of about 2500. i asked sales guy to call me with monthly payment and residual, but can't get a return call. what kind of deal can i expect (in dallas area). thanks.
  • scottyb1scottyb1 Member Posts: 11
    a 60 month LEASE?
    I personally would not recommend a 60 month lease, I think the best lease options chrysler has is the 39 months and choose your mileage, I have no idea what the MF or Residuals are for this month, but to give you an idea, I had a sticker of 27850 and a sale price of 25726, no money down and 12k a year for 39 months and i pay 399 6.5% tax included.
  • lindam2lindam2 Member Posts: 2
    My 08 Rubicon is in and I'm being told that the residual for the 08 rubicons is 65% and the money factor is .00318.What do you think ???? First I thought the residual is low since the 07s were 65% a month ago, and with the current fed interest rate cut I thought interest rates would get better. Any thoughts ?????
    Hi lindam2. Chrysler never really has to provide much in the way of support on the Jeep Wrangler. It always seems to sell pretty well on its own (I personally love the 4-door version). As a result, Chrysler Financial's lease program for it is not very good. If you want to lease one through it right now you would have to use its standard lease money factor, which is right in line with the number that you were quoted. The residual value that you were told looks right as well. If you want to lease a Wrangler through Chrysler Financial right now, this is the price that you will have to pay.

Car_man
    Host
    But its totally worth it :)
  • jeepunlimitedjeepunlimited Member Posts: 9
    Yep. I leased my 07 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 4X4 in July of 07 and that is what I was also told. If I decided not to purchase another DCX product, I will have to pay the $450.00 fee. I am almost thinking I'd be better off to take out another loan on the remainder of the balance at the lease end if the residual is supposedly so great on the vehicle. Someone else mentioned that's what they were going to do as they felt they might be able to sell it outright for a little more money. I also leased a 05 Chevy Avalanche and they had the same thing..you owe a disposition fee if you turn it in and walk away.
  • jon_cocktostinjon_cocktostin Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me the Chrysler money factor and residual for an '08 Unlimited Sahara 4x4 - 10,500mi/yr - 36 (or 39) month lease? MSRP $32,000, sale price $30,000.

THANKS.
    The sale price you have -- is this a "sale" or what you negotiated to? How did you get $2,000 off the price of an '08 Unlimited?
  • jon_cocktostinjon_cocktostin Member Posts: 4
    This was the negotiated price. $31,505 MSRP - negotiated to $30,000. But, I just learned about the $700 acquisition fee and the $300-400 document prep fee for the lease.
    Hi Jon. As usual, Chrysler really is not providing any support on the Wrangler right now. As a result, its lease money factors are not very attractive. At least this is somewhat made up for by this truck's strong residual values. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00314 and an astounding 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00321 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
  • infoseeker1infoseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for:

Money Factor and Residual Values on 24 month & 36 month for:

- 2008 Jeep 2-Door Sahara
    - 2008 Jeep 2-Door Wrangler X
  • sschaeffersschaeffer Member Posts: 2
    Ordered the '08 4DR Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and should be in next week. Before I sit down with the dealer and finalize the numbers I want to go in prepared. Does anyone have the most recent MF for this car on a 36 and 39 mo. lease?

Thank you...
  • jeepgirl25jeepgirl25 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for the money factor and residual for 2008 Wrangler Sahara, 2 door for 27 month and 36 month lease.

I have the January numbers, but need to see if it changed much for February.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
  • infoseeker1infoseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    TO JEEPGIRL25

Can you post the January numbers you have for that 2008 Wrangler Sahara 2 Door for both the 27 and 36 month lease (MF & RV)??

Thanks, I can atleast use them to get a range on the numbers until someone places the February numbers on here.

michael
    In January, 2008 2-dr Sahara:

27 Month lease:
    Money Factor: .00304 Residual: 72%

36 Month lease:
    Money Factor: .00317 Residual: 68%
    Here's the information that you're looking for, infoseeker1 :). Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00304 and 73%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00317 and 68%. The money factors for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Jeep Wrangler X 2-Door are the same, but its residual values are 71% for 24 months and 66% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sschaeffer. Cool truck. I've always liked the 4-door Wranglers. They remind me of the old Land Rover Defenders, which I've always had a thing for. Here's the info that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4-Door 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00317 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00322 and 64%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jeepgirl25. According to the latest information that I have seen, Chrysler Financial's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-Door 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00304 and 73%, respectively (I haven't seen the 27 month numbers). The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00317 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sschaeffersschaeffer Member Posts: 2
    Car Man -

Thanks for the info. and great timing too. I am going to pick my car up today. This will be my first Jeep and really looking forward to it.

Scott
    Thanks for your help. Its really appreciated. You're very helpful!
  • asd302asd302 Member Posts: 65
    I have 4 days to make a deal on a wrangler, I got the 36mo/15k numbers on the unlimited sahara from your post above, can you please provide me with the 24mo/12k, and 36mo/12k #'s?? Thanks Much, you've helped me several times!!
  • fernattfernatt Member Posts: 3
    What a great forum! I am looking at a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD and would also be very interested in the 24/12K and 36/12K money factors-residuals.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know whether Jeep still offers a college graduate rebate? I can't seem to find anything about it and I know that they used to do so.

Thank you so much!
  • pg822pg822 Member Posts: 15
    Does this make sense, everyone? I just got a quote on a 4 door, 4 wheel drive Sahara lease. They are quoting a 36 month lease (12k miles) with a residual of 65% (sounds good) but a .00397 money factor, if you have perfect credit. I have perfect credit and I find it hard to believe that this money factor is what is being offered. That equates to about 9.5%!!!!!!!!!! Any opinions?
    2-door Sahara, 27 month lease, 15,000 miles/year.
    MSRP: $ 27770 Selling Price: $ 24668
    Money Facor: .00323
    Residual: 72%
    Cash due at signing: $493
    Monthly payment $365.24 (includes tax, etc)
    I can pay the $600 destination charge up front to lower the monthly price to $343.

Sound good?!
  • pg822pg822 Member Posts: 15
    All

I got a money factor quote for .00397 for a 36 month lease on a 08 Wrangler Unlimited X/Sahara. I have perfect credit. Can anyone else confirm this quote for Illinois? Does Jeep/Chrysler normally give more favorable money factors in March due to the end of the quarter?

Thanks!
  • bostoncowboy1bostoncowboy1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the post. Can anyone let me know what the residual and buy rate money factors are on a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Rubicon Lease (4dr). I am Looking for the correct numbers for 24 and 27 month leases.I will either be doing 10k or 12k miles per year. I live in Boston and want to make sure I know these before heading to the dealer. Thank you!
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Member Posts: 53
    Does anyone have money factors and residuals for Wranglers and Wrangler Unlimited models?

I am thinking about leasing either a Wrangler X or Unlimited X, 36mo, 15k per year.

I read a post above where someone got a great lease deal on a Sahara. Is the program better for that model than the X? Any help is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.