Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

Comments

• trojankhantrojankhan Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday I leased 2006 LR3 V8 HSE, luxury package, mats etc, Black/black, 3rd row seating, $50500 MSRP loaner with 5000 miles on it. I got it for $1870 first payment (that includes first month's payment and all kinds of fee) $459 a month for a 24 months lease and 12000 miles a year.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Base, Base, Base MSRP for a 2006 LR3 HSE is $52,985 before any options, RAG Fee or destination.
  • trojankhantrojankhan Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, Its LR3 V8 SE, MSRP is $50500. I'm getting my vehicle tomorrow afternoon. Again its $1877 total first payment (all inclusive) and $459 a month for 24 months with 12000 miles.
    Ok that sounds a little more realistic. Gotta keep people honest you know cause what happens is someone comes in and says, "so and so got such and such deal why won't you do that for me?"
  • goirish2goirish2 Member Posts: 18
    Hi All-

I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a new LR3 SE.

Here are the options the local (SW FL) dealer gave me:

1. New 2005 LR3 SE with tow package and rear parking package MSRP $46,020 Offered Price: $39,667.

OR

2. New 2006 LR3 SE w/bluetooth satellite radio and lighting package MSRP $47,900 Offered price $46,127.

CarsDirect.com says the price on the 2006 should be $45,089, so that's the most I'd pay. Any chance of getting it lower?

Also, what MF and Residual would I use on a new 2005? Is it possible to get the same deal as on the New 2006? I doubt it, but you never know.

Thanks in advance.

JMM
  • jabeevajabeeva Member Posts: 15
    I noticed that most of the deals on the LR3 are based on invoice rather than MSRP. Are most dealers offering the invoice price or are buyers negotiating down to this number? Do the dealers still make a profit at the invoice number?

I'm looking to get a LR3 SE (V8) in S. California and would like to negotiate a good deal. So, if anyone has gotten a great deal from a dealer in S. California (San Diego/LA region), please let me know.
    I am trying negotiate a lease on an '06 LR3 V8 SE. Blk w/ alpaca, navigation, satellite, blue tooth, rear seat package + lighting.

I've been quoted a selling price of $52,315 ($51,720 + $595 bank fee). $695/month. Does this sound like a good deal? I priced the car on the LR website with an MSRP of $53,150. I am concerned that the monthly number includes both monthly depreciation of $482 + a monthly rental fee of $163. Is this rental fee normal?

Other info: Out of pocket $5,000 ($2925 cap reduction, $230 tax, $403 license fee, $695 first month's payment), $700 security + $45 other fees).

Thanks in advance. I bought my Saab after participating on the Saab forum and it really paid off. Hope you can help me again!!
  • bcb1010bcb1010 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Could you please provide the current Residual and Money Factor for a 2006 LR3 SE lease for 36 months and 15,000mi/yr.

Thanks for all the great info you provide to this forum!

BCB
  • bcb1010bcb1010 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, but the post should read:

Car_Man,

Could you please provide the current Residual and Money Factor for a 2006 LR3 SE V8 lease for 36 months and 15,000mi/yr.

Thanks for all the great info you provide to this forum!

BCB
  • bigjoelr3bigjoelr3 Member Posts: 26
    British Rover, each time I've traded in a car the dealer generally (at least the high end ones like Lexus) shoot for giving you Kelly Blue Book "TRADE-IN FAIR" value even if the car is in excellent shape, which is what I said in my post.

If anything, KBB is dealer oriented and does not reflect the fair value of a car.
    First off, go onto the Land Rover website and request additional information. They will send or email a coupon to you within about 10 days for 1500 off. Second, start emailing the dealers from the edmunds site requesting a quote. I got my SE fully loaded with every option MSRP 55,025 for invoice which is 50147 plus 500 RAG fee (advertising). Then apply the coupon.

Any of the Los Angeles area dealers will negotiate down to invoice via email. They have plenty sitting on the lot they need to unload. Demand base money factor which is .00157 for an SE.

Don't put anything down except the minimum. My lease is $610 month for 24 months w/ 15k miles.
    Thanks bigjoelr3! Do you mind sharing where you got your LR3 (if it was in the LA area)?
    Hornburg in Beverly Hills. I got my quote by requesting it through Edmunds and was contacted by the Internet sales department.

Also, South Bay in Redondo Beach quoted me the same price, which was Invoice. Figure out the options you want here on Edmunds. That is the invoice price which is what you should pay. They will also try to stick you with the RAG fee of $500, as well as the acquisition fee if leasing of 595. If you are shroud enough you should be able to get some wiggle room on these fees or make them throw in some extras like the mats etc.
  • tekiteki Member Posts: 5
    Hello:

Could you tell me how to get this coupon? Filled out a request for more information on landroverusa.com & also called Land Rover t confirm. They have NO idea of what I was talking about ..... I'm about ready to lease and having this 1,500 would be great.

Thanks.

Jay
    The day after I asked for the information on the LR3 I received an e-mail coupon. The hard copy came in the mail with the information, about a week later.
  • tekiteki Member Posts: 5
    Hi:

Could you give me the specific web address to go to for asking for the information? I haven't received any coupon yet.

J.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Great job at getting your dealer to honor your coupon after you had already taken delivery of your truck, bigjoelr3. If I was a betting man I probably would have guessed that they would not have been able to do anything for you. It goes to show that it never hurts to ask. Congrats.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi JMM. Land Rover is no longer providing lease support on 2005 models. Their residual values are so low at this point that it really doesn't make much sense to lease them anyhow. If you want the '05 model, just finance it instead.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    I'm glad that you find this forum so informative, bcb1010. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover LR3 V6 SE through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles pr year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00356 and 55%, respectively. As you can see, this program is not very attractive. This is because Land Rover pulled the plug on lease support for '06 LR3 V6 models. It only has special money factors on V8 models at this time. That's the bad news if you want an LR3 V6. The good news is that the lack of lease support means that you can take the dealer cash that is available on this truck into account when negotiating its capitalized cost. Specifically, Land Rover is providing $3,000 dealer cash on '06 LR3 V6 models. I would not be surprised if you were able to lease this car for less through an independent bank than you would be able to through LRCG.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Ahhhh, so you want the V8 model, BCB. This is a different story. If you were to lease a 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 7-Passenger model through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00194 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for the 5-Passenger model are similar, but not exactly the same at .00186 and 50% for a 36 month, 15K lease. The dealer cash that Land rover is providing on the LR3 is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Last week I leased a Land Rover LR3 SE v8 (5 passenger) with the lighting package, bluetooth, and sat radio.

My price was $1K above invoice, then I applied the coupon for a net price of $500 under invoice. The lease term is 24 months with 15K miles. The MF is .00150 and I talked them into bumping the residual to 73%. My only fees were the state mandated fees and tax, tag, and title and the $595 acquisition fee. I rolled all of those into the lease for a payment of about $525 per month. They threw in a set of black rubber floor mats ($130.00).

Overall, I was happy with the experience, but disappointed that I couldn't get them to go a little lower. Here in SWFL, they just don't have much competition. I've had the car for a week and really love it.
  • mrchilimrchili Member Posts: 17
    Hey Teki,

go to landroverusa.com and on the right side of the screen you'll see 4 drop down columns.....go to the "request information" drop box and just fill in the info.

Can't really say when their going to stop sending them to people, mine was valid for month of June.

Good luck
  • ralrobralrob Member Posts: 2
    By clicking on the more information link, I got in the mail a nice brochure about Land Rover vehicles, no coupon!
  • skepticoneskepticone Member Posts: 2
    Goirish2 that sounds like an incredible deal. Are you kidding me, $525 a month for 24 months with all the fees rolled into the deal. Frankly I think it's impossible.

Car Man can this deal be true? The car goirish is talking about has MSRP of $47,900. Invoice is at $43,600. Assume after wrapping everything in as he suggests, he is still at invoice (which is hard to believe all by itself). With a money factor of .00150 and a residual of 73%, the payments for 24 months should be $604 plus tax. Unless my calculator is wrong, which I doubt, there is no way in heck you can be at $525. Where is this dealer and how do I get the same deal? I'll take two at that price.

I was just at the Land Rover dealer a few hours ago trying to work on a deal, but I couldn't get it anywhere close to that price. Just FYI, the deal I was quoted was on an LR3 V8 SE 7 seat, with no other options. The MSRP is $47,900 & invoice is $43,600. Assume I can get it at right above invoice, i.e. $44,000. I am a current Discovery lessee so I get a customer loyalty deal, meaning I get an additional $1,000 off and first month's payment made by Land Rover. So that takes me down to $43,000 as purchase price. The residual they gave me through LRCG on a 24 month deal was 70% with money factor of .00117. The MF is great, but residual could use some work. By the way this is on 12,000 miles per year. Car Man, based on the info I've provided, I'm getting a payment of $623 plus tax no cap reduction, and first month's payment paid by landrover. All I pay is TTLR. Is there more wiggle room here? Are my numbers adding up?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I ran his terms through my Land Rover lease calculator and I get a payment of 526 a month with all taxes, property and sales, stripped out. If he happend to live in a state with no property or sales tax, not sure if that state exists, then yes it could be true.

What he left out was how much money he put down on the lease. The certificate from land rover works like cash basicly so his out of pocked expenses were just over 3,000 dollars minus the 1,500 dollar coupon.

Another thing to think of is just about everyone orders the Cold climate package even in warm climate states and he did not list that with his options.
  • trek96trek96 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man.... great site. I just picked up my LR3 last night, and want your opinion on if this is a good deal. It is a 2006 5 pass with the lighting package, and sat radio. The msrp is 47600. On my contract I paid 44024 (after a lot of negotiating). The residual is 71% (value at 33796 at lease end) I do not know my money factor. I wanted to keep my payments as low as humanly possible. I put 6400 down, and paid 435 acquisition fee, and 342 title fees. My payment for 24 months is 311 plus tax with 10500 miles a year. ps wish I would have known about that 1500 off coupon. Thanks!!!!!!
    I think you both need to fix your calculators. My base payment is $523.11. After the FL sales tax, its $554.60 per month. All I paid at inception was the first month's payment. In FL we don't pay sales tax up front and we don't pay property tax on the vehicle. The fees rolled into the lease amount to $258.

No cold weather package.

And Skeptic- You can get a better residual number than 70%. They initially quoted me 71% on 15K they quickly caved to a 2% bump to 73%.
    You cannot bump the residual. The residual is set by LRCG and is not movable at all. Now if you ended up doing a 12,000 miles a year lease then yes you could get a 2 percent bump in residual to 73 percent. Money factors can be played with by the dealership either bumping them up or buying them down in some cases but the residual is. The residual is the one thing of the lease that can not be negotiated.
  • maytalmaytal Member Posts: 12
    Hi Everyone,

I'm just starting my LR3 research and still a bit of a newbie to the whole lease area.

I have 5 months left on my Audi A4 lease and I'm looking to lease a 7 seater LR3 next. One simple question, do I have to wait till my Audi Lease is up before getting a new car or is it possible for LandRover to take over my lease? or does it not make financial sense to do that?

On a side note, when do the 2007's come out? do you think its better to wait for a 2007 LR3?

Thanks,
    Maytal
  • mando42mando42 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,
    Thanks for keeping up the good information flow. It helps. I would like some advice on a 2006LR3 HSE lease negotiation. I am working on a 24 month lease with a 66% residual and a MF of 0.00139. Here are other stats: List $56,475, Selling Price$51,475 Sales tax ( 7% NJ... yuk) $3,610, Doumentary Fee $167.50, Motor Vehicle Fee $339 = Purchase Price of $55,592.25. When I added a trailer hitch/electrical harness and side molding to the previously quoted selling price, the dealer said they would absorb approximately half ($400) of this. (I was told that adding these 2 options would mean they would be "entirely paid off" over the lease time of 24 months and not rolled into any residual calculations. Is that standard?) This vehicle does not include the Lux package or satelite radio.

The final monthly payment quoted was about $861 after about an $1,800 up front cost, no security deposit. This seems too high or am I missing something? I assume the payments include the financed taxes. Also, is there any reason to pay the taxes up front?

Thanks for your help.
    Maybe the residual can't be negotiated, but I'm looking at my dealer's lease worksheet. On the left hand side it has an entry that says Residual - .71 right under it is a line item that says residual bump .02. My lease is calculated with a .73 residual for 15K per year.
    Give Land Rover Capital Group a call and ask what your mileage limit is. I have a feeling that it is really 12,000 miles a year not 15,000 as I am almost positive 73 percent was the residual in last quarter's pargram for a 12,000 mile a year 24 month lease.

I am not trying to be a jerk I just think you might have gotten misled into what your lease mileage limit really is. If I am wrong then I am wrong but it would suck to have to pay 20 cents per mile in overage charges for 6,000 miles if I am right.
  • skepticoneskepticone Member Posts: 2
    You're right....my calculator did need fixing. The lease calculator I had downloaded was calculating the residual based on the negotiated selling price, instead of the MSRP. Anyway, the numbers now make sense since the new calculator I dowloaded asks for the MSRP and the Capitalized Cost, and calculates the residual based on a percentage of the MSRP... good thing I figured that out before doing a deal, the calculator could have really screwed me up and made me look foolish. Just goes to show how valuable this forum is.

Thanks.
  • liv4theroadliv4theroad Member Posts: 9
    I am looking to lease an LR3 SE 5 passenger. Went to the dealer today and they are really pushing the 7 passenger. One local dealer in WPBch, FL has a sign and drive deal $549 + tax per month, lease is for 24 months/ 10,500 miles per year. How can I find out what the MF, the residual and cost of the vehicle on this deal? I want to save a trip from MIA to WP and they do not give to much info over the phone.

They also have a 2000 off coupon for new vehicles but it does not specify if it will count towards a lease. They also have 5000 off the MSRP again not sure if applies to leases.

I want to make a deal by the end of the week
  • tjones39tjones39 Member Posts: 31
    Just got back from land Rover of Orlando. Very knowledgeable salesman and we were more impressed with the LR3 than we thought we would be so its a good possibility. They have 3 to 4 of their loaners that have never been titled with around 3500-4500 miles on them that they can lease. The one we are looking at is a V8 Se with 3rd row seating, Bi-Xenon light pkg, bluetooth & Sirius. Total retail of 49,450 and they will give it to me for $44,450 which is cost I believe or lower. They say for a 24 month lease right now its 68% for 15k miles and Land Rover sets these and there is no way to negotiate the residual value up .02 to 70%? I told them that someone had done this in Florida but he said the only way must have been to drop the miles from 15k to 12,5k. Now also is the $595 acquisition fee or the MLS charge of $750 negotiable also? How does this lease deal sound? Can I get the new rebates above for the 2k or 5k on a lease deal also? Thanks so much for the help!
    british rover-

I'm not trying to be a jerk either, so no worries.

I am looking at my lease contract. It shows 30K miles for a 24 month period.
    My lease factor is also .00127 which is good, please tell me what you think?

goirish2, I see that you are in Florida where did you buy your LandRover? I was in Orlando and told them I had a friend that bought in Florida and he was able to bump his residual by .02 and they said no cant do it?
    Hello mando42. I just calculated a lease payment on the truck that you are interesting using the information that you provided in your post, 24 months, .00139 month factor, 66%, residual value, $56,475 MSRP, and $51,475 selling price, and I came up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $716. When I use the latter $55,592 price that you mentioned, this truck's payment increases to around a whopping $893. I definitely would not pay taxes up front on a lease if I was in your situation. The state keeps your tax regardless of what happens to your vehicle, like it is stolen or totaled in an accident. You would be better off rolling sales tax into your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi liv4theroad. All you have to do is ask. Dealers are not required to tell you what money factor they are using to calculate your truck's monthly payment, but I personally would feel a whole lot more comfortable doing business with a dealer that would be upfront with me than one that was trying to play games by hiding the money factor. Regardless of whether they tell you what your truck's money factor is, you absolutely have to find out what the selling price of the truck that you are considering leasing is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You wouldn't walk into a dealer and just pay cash for this truck without knowing what you were being charged for it. Not knowing the selling price of your leased vehicle is the same thing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tjones39. The dealer that you spoke with was correct. Land Rover Capital Group, or whichever bank you are leasing through, sets your vehicle's residual value. Residuals are not negotiable and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter them. The only way to change a vehicle's residual value is by changing its mileage allowance. Land Rover charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases. This fee is not negotiable. I am not sure what the "MLS charge" that you mentioned is. Perhaps it is some sort of advertising fee. I do not believe that the dealer cash that Land Rover is currently providing on the LR3 is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    ok Tjones these are my final #'s for a new SEV8 with the lightning pack., bluetooth and sat radio. $45700-1500 coupon= 44200 (550 over invoice), I had a trade which subtracted another 1000K for a final price of 43200 (which is under invoice). I got a 15k miles for 24 mo, for which originally they had told me residual would be 69% but it was actually 68% as Britishrover indicated in another posting. MF was .00127 which went up when I upped to 15k miles. However, i knew that it was the same you were quoted in Orlando. and I really need the extra miles ( and I really needed to get rid of the vehicle I had). they added the 595 fee and I only paid my first month +tag and title.
    After all the back and forth I feel pretty good about my #'s thanks to all the info from this forum. Good luck to all
    by the way the also gave me the floor mats
    Great Liv4theroad, so now I know the residual and MF are correct. Did you notice a $750 MLS fee get subtracted right before the final residual number? This is a disposition fee or turn in fee that I think is crazy?

Congradulations on the new ride, I cant wait to get one also!
    Well I found out what the MLS fee is its for the loaner car mileage deduction at.15 cents per mile for the 5000 miles on the car. However they are only offering 5k off of msrp for the loaner car but are giving the really good lease rates for the car. I know he can come down on his price some but how much who knows.
    no, my residual value is exactly 68%.
    There's a 395 disposition fee at the end of the lease if I do not purchase the vehicle, that fee does not play part in any of the calculations, and I was told it will be waived if I lease from them again
    Is the service loaner a V8 or a V6???
    The loaner is a V8 SE model with 3rd row seating, bi-xenon lighting pkg and bluetooth, the msrp is 49450 and they will sell it for 44450. The lease rate is .00127MF at 15k miles per year and a 68% residual. I really thought from what I have read here on the forums that I could get a new one for 5k off with the really good 24 month lease but they are saying no this cant be combined. I can get 5k off a purchase but then I dont get the lease incentives?
    Yeah that is basicly correct. The couple of thousand dollars of marketing support cannot be combined with the Leaseing program if you want to use the special money factor.

I would think that they would want to sell the car for more then 5,000 dollars off though. Not a whole lot more but maybe 6,000 or so. I don't know the market in the area though. If we were selling that LR3 it probably would be about 6,000 or 6,500 off if you were leasing and 8,000 to 8,500 if you were doing a purchase.
    That is kind of what I thought, they want too much for a service loaner with 5k miles on it. I am going to push for the $6500 off and the great lease deal and see what they say. If not I am going to shop them with other dealers in the state. Thanks for the insight.
  • ceperryceperry Member Posts: 13
    Hello, all -

I am interested in leasing an '06 SE with Navigation, bluetooth, and Lighting package. The MSRP for a so-equipped vehicle is $50,150. Invoice is $45,701. I'm looking for a 24 or 36-month lease. 36 months is fine with me, but the dealer I've been speaking with brought up the 24, saying it's a Land Rover Capital special and the best deal going right now. (Anyone know any details on this?)

This dealer has a truck with the options I want, plus $2000 worth of options I don't really need and don't want to pay for (MSRP $52,575) and offered it to me at a cap cost of $48,916. 15k miles/yr, 24-month lease, with only the minimum drive-offs for a pre-tax monthly payment of $694.40. I think they can do better, but of course ideally I'd rather find a truck with just the options I want.

I really only need 12k miles/year (do they offer 12k? If they don't, 10k would work.)I want all this with $0 down.

Because it's coming up on the end of the year, I'm flexible on color, and most of the dealers around me (there are many) have plenty of SEs in stock, I am obviously shopping hard for the best deal I can get.

So my question is this - from your experiences, and any other knowledge of incentives, discounts, etc, what's the best price I should expect? I'd ideally like to negotiate a pre-tax monthly lease payment of under $600? Sound realistic?

I greatly appreciate any advice!

Cheers,
    christina
This discussion has been closed.