Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

Comments

• bethrbethr Member Posts: 51
    what was the sticker on this car? how many months left do you have on your lease?
  • chrislr3chrislr3 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry carman my mistake. the MSRP is 56,500
    what is your payment
  • sparchsparch Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

I just got my wife a 2007 LR3 HSE with luxury package, sat radio and free mats. We leased it for 24 months/15K miles per year, $3000 total out of pocket. The monthly payment after tax is approximately $741. The 1st months payment was included, and we used the $1500 Land Rover USA coupon to supplement the $3K out of pocket, which means we only gave the dealer $1500 cash. I think we did ok, however I wanted to get your opinion on this deal. Let me know.
    what was the sticker? did you have something left on your lease?
  • notanothernotanother Member Posts: 5
    $52,450 sticker. Nothing left on lease of current car.
    How did you get the Land Rover USA $1500 coupon?
    one more question- what did he sell it to you for-
    selling price 52,800 sticker 56,100- 24 months x 664.00 3600 down- i also have 2 months left on my lease- what should we do-
    payment 950
    what do you mean payment 950
    CHRIS-
    I AM GOING TO DALLAS 0N WEDS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT PAYMENT 950.00 IS? IS IT THE MONTHLY PAYMENT OR THEY SHOULD TAKE 950.00 MORE OFF THE CAR- PLEASE LET ME KNOW-
    Sorry, yes 950 is the monthly payment. I was responding to #363
    Plesae review... the money factor seems high or my spreadsheet is not right.

msrp 52550
    cap cost 47590
    adjusted cap cost 46446
    residual 67%, $35209
    24 months
    24000 miles
    money factor .00188
    nothing down
    base payment $621.74
    Of course he "only has a few cars left", so please let me know soon if this is a good deal.

Thanks
  • tryingtobuyonetryingtobuyone Member Posts: 9
    I am close to leasing a 07 LR3 HSE with Lux and HD package. List is 56725..After rebates and incentives approx 48K. 1900 down ( first payment/Docs and bank fees) 24 months/18K miles.

814/mo..

Ihave placed deposit.. Is this a good deal?

I would like to make a decision tomorrow or latest Sat.

Thanks in advance.
    what are the incentives? are taxes included?
    lr3 hse 56,100 selling price 53,100 24 months 12,000 miles 664.00 tax included
    Not sure of all incentives.. I know they get some cash back since its a loaner with 1200 miles. Yes 814 incl tax
    THAT SEEMS HIGH FOR A LOANER- THEY SHOULD GO DOWN A LITTLE- YOU CAN GET ONE BRAND NEW HSE FOR 3300 D0WN AND 664.00 A MONTH-
    Does the 3300 down include inceptions or is that all or part cap cost? ALso, 664per month is that at 18Kmiles per year?
    3300 IS CAP COST NOT IST MONTH PAYMENT- AND IT IS 12,000 MILES- BEFORE TAX IT IS 621.00
    Thanks..I am not sure though how that deal is better than mine. I have no cap cost, just inceptions (which include my 1st pmt), I have list 56725 so seems like more options, I have 18Kmi per year vs 12k in yours. If I look at the 3300 in cap cost you suggest, that would add another 130 or so to your monthly when ammortized. You are then at 751 before taxes. With tax in my state that brings me over 800.00 per month b4 the difference in mileage allowance.

Am I misunderstanding your deal?
    i guess it is about the same- except this car has no miles on it-
    try houston landrover north they have a 2006 lr3 hse all the euquipment you have the outside bells and whisltes and everything- and i beleive 4000 miles and they are really discounting it-
  • timslr2timslr2 Member Posts: 11
    I don't have any details. I don't know if these are demos or loaners, but the basics are as follows. 2007 LR3 HSE with the luxury package and satellite radio. MSRP is 56,100. 24 month, 10.5K per year. Zero due at lease signing, first payment is waived. Includes ALL taxes and tags. Total payment is 599 per month. Total lease payments are 13,777. Is this a good deal or am I missing something? Other than the basics like rsidual, money factor and cap costs . . .

Thanks!
    how many miles are on them?
    Like I said, I don't know if they are demos or loaners . . . I'll call tomorrow.
    we got one last week- hse 07 o miles
    24 months 570.00 a month before tax-
    first months payment waived total down with fees and etc 3600.00
    sticker 56,050
  • lhr7lhr7 Member Posts: 11
    Where did you get this deal? I am close to Chicago and I am looking for a deal.
    i do know that landrover capital is giving the dealership about 3800 off to you- they are taking off about 4800 off the sticker plus the 3800 from landrover-
    Turns out these are brand new. Not loaners, not demos. The dealer is preparing to get their 2008s in and need to get rid of them soon.

So does the 599 seem like a pretty good deal?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    That is just the nationwide lease ad that is out now.

The 599 lease ad was on LR3 SE models though not HSE. Also keep in mind it is 599 plus tax. If they are doing 599 on the HSE then that is a screaming deal which they are probably just barely breaking even on.

Even on the SE it is a pretty good deal.
    Nope. This is the HSE. Just this dealer doing it. And their ad states that there are no other fees, specifically no taxes or tags. 599, out the door . . . nothing else.
    This is their ad copy.

2007 LR3 V8 HSE Lease Special!
    $599/month - Zero Due at Signing!
    Only Available at Land Rover Alexandria!

Act Fast! LR3 Lease Sale!

2007 LR3 V8 HSE
    with Luxury and Satellite Radio
    MSRP of $56,100!

24 months with 10,500 miles/year

$599/month

Zero Due at Signing & First Payment Waived!

It gets even better...
    INCLUDES ALL TAXES & TAGS for 2 Years!
    Well then they are probably stripping out the HSE lease in order to hit that number. The dealer is probably heavy on LR3s, lots of dealers are right now, and is trying to dump their remaining units for break even or maybe a slight loss.
    Ohhh don't let Land Rover catch you using terms like "Blow Out" those are against the rules for sure. Land Rover has strict terms for the ads you can run and one of them is not "fire sale tactics." They say it cheapens the brand and they will fine the dealership for it.
  • jwgmdjwgmd Member Posts: 6
    Just wondering if this is a good lease deal on a 2007 LR3 SE with satellite radio, no navigation
    Monthly- 289inc tax, drive off total $5897, 10500miles/yr, 24 month lease
    MSRP 49850, invoice 45937
    Are there better deals out ther in the LA area? What are the current incentives and or rebates??
    take it and run? nothing down? 599 plus tax- where is this?
    sounds good.. I just picked one up for 792, although mine has 18K per year miles. For apples to apples, that would be about another 70 bucks so you are about 120/month better than me AND I had to put down 1700 for just for bank fee, first months payment and tags..
    what happened to the 599?
    I will be stopping by the dealership tomorrow to get a 24 hour test drive and to finalize the numbers. With the Land Rover Coupon, I should get a few more dollars off. :-)
    are you talking about the 1500.00 coupon? is the 599 a false add? because if you have the 1500 coupon it should be around549.00 a month and they are saying nothing down? it sounds too good to be true-
    They probably don't know about the coupon yet.
    we did not give ours until payment and it brought it down quite a bit- but is it really 599 or 749 a month before the coupon-
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, chrislr3. The MSRP is a good start, but you really need to find out this truck's selling price as well. It's tough to tell how much of a discount you are being given on your LR3 without this number.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the LR3 that you leased. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks for the additional information, Beth. OK, so you are interested in leasing an '07 LR3 V8 SE that has an MSRP of $56,100 and a selling price of $52,800. After backing out the $1,730 lease cash that is currently available on this truck, you are getting a dealer discount of around $1,570. This does not strike me as much of a discount on a truck that probably has a spread of nearly $5,000 between its full MSRP and its selling price. I personally would shoot for a lower selling price than this. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Land Rover LR3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello notanother. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate for a 24 month lease of an '07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 7 passenger. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer you are working with is not trying to mark your truck's factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks good to me. The two main profit centers for dealers look good. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tryingtobuyone. This truck has a spread of around $5,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Land Rover is providing $2,130 lease cash on it (that certainly is an odd number). This gives you a total of just over $7,000 to play with. It looks like you are being given an $8,725 discount on this truck, which is a very good price. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Land Rover Capital Group's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor of .00153 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jwgmd. It's great that you know both the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the truck that you are considering leasing. Do you know what its selling price is as well? Are you getting it at invoice? As far as this model's incentives go, Land Rover is currently providing $1,730 lease cash on '07 LR3 V8 SE and $595 lease cash plus the waiver of one's first payment on '07 LR3 V6 SE models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    This is legitimate. It is the LR dealership in Alexandria, Va. I asked about the coupon and they said they would honor it too. My information is the ad they have on the website, plus conversations with the Internet Sales Manager (who happens to be the owner's daughter).

Check it out . . . there are, though, only 6 or so that are being offered.
This discussion has been closed.