Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions

Comments

• tserentseren Member Posts: 1
    A dealer went 10K under MSRP for th purchase of a RR HSE. Should I be able to get the lease rates quoted for a price of 5K under MSRP (remove dealer incentive) or will they make me pay list price for the lease special.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jpt5. The dealer that you are working with must be running your lease through a bank other than Land Rover Capital Group. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are different than its current program. I would be happy to give you my opinion of the selling price that you were quoted, but it would be easier for me to do so if I had this truck's full MSRP first. Let me know what this number is and I'll tell you what I think. Make sure to stop by the "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new Range Rover, dave2007. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your sweet new truck :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is correct, big_al1. The $5,000 dealer cash that you mentioned is not compatible with Land Rover's special lease program. I am not sure exactly what Land Rover Capital Group's buy rate standard lease money factor is, but I suspect that the '07 Range Rover HSE's money factor would jump from .00111 on a supported lease to over .00360 on a standard lease. If you want to take advantage of the dealer cash, you may be better off leasing through an independent bank than using Land Rover's standard program. Having said all of this, Land Rover's special lease program will probably provide you with a lower monthly payment than an unsupported lease using the dealer cash would.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tseren. If you were quoted a selling price of $10,000 under MSRP including the $5,000 dealer cash incentive, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get $5,000 under MSRP and the special lease program. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, so you definitely should not pay full MSRP for any Range Rover that you want to lease using the special program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajwaldorfajwaldorf Member Posts: 3
    I have one that i received 7 days after the purchase of my 07 RRS. E-mail me wih offers. I will fax or e-mail a copy of the coupon before payment.
    allan@av-intel.com
  • rdnyc1rdnyc1 Member Posts: 1
    I was just offered a 6 month early out on my current 2006 RR HSE lease. I am already over my mileage allowance so I am thinking of taking it and moving up to the Supercharged. What are the current deals on it now so that I know my negotiation ability. Thanks so much in advance. Also, I have the wear care deal (a must in NYC- I easily have $2500 in dents, scratches including a beautiful key job, and most recently broken rear light covers.. ah, the joys of living in the city...) It will still be applicable if I take the early out, right?
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Carman, would be so kind as to provide me with the residual and MF on the above referenced vehicle for 24, 30 and 36 months. Additionally, are you able to confirm that the acquisition fee is $595 and if there is an additional $700 in advertising fees, etc. on each vehicle. Furthermore, are there any incentives in terms of certificates from Land Rover (similar to the $1500 certificates for the '07) models or marketing support. Finally, when do these residual and MF figures change?

Many Thanks,

Steve
  • potter7potter7 Member Posts: 1
    As a loyal RR buyer ready for my 5th truck I am trying to get a fair deal on my next lease. Unfortunately my experiences have been less then customer oriented with two deals ready to go then off the table and/or the truck that was ready for me is now gone. Regardless I just want to find a fair deal and am lost as to how to do that with RR dealers as they are all over the place with pricing. One says I cant touch a 36 mos 15k mile lease on a $93 msrp Rover with $2500 down for under $2000/month then another says $1389 yet neither have returned my call to even see if I want to do it. I guess none of the Dealers read the press about Rovers and that they are not exactly the best vehicles out there...regardless I am a tall guy and I fit well in the truck so I want to stick with one. How do I find a good deal and what is a good deal on this truck?
    Hi rdnyc1. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of selling prices others are paying for Range Rovers right now by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience". As far as this truck's lease program goes, its money factor will vary depending upon how long you lease it for. Land Rover Capital Group's current 36 month buy rate for an '08 Range Rover SuperCharged is currently .00228. I would be happy to use this truck's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment would be on this truck right now if you provide me with an approximate MSRP and selling price for the exact model that you want.

I suspect that the Wear Care coverage that you paid for would still cover the damage to the truck that you are currently leasing, even if you opt out of your deal early, but you should check with a dealer to make certain that it will.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, kerb. According to the latest information that I have seen, Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00247 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00261 and 63%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00291 and 53%. If you want to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, add 2% to these vehicles' residual values. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Land Rover Capital Group charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. I'm not sure what sort of advertising fees Land Rover charges, but I try not to let dealers cloud the big picture with fees anyhow. You are better off getting quotes from a couple of dealers and comparing the out-the-door selling price of the Range Rover Sport that you want.

Land Rover is not currently providing any cash incentives on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi potter7. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of discount you should be able to negotiate on the Range Rover that you are interested in by visiting the following discussion: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience". Once you have a feel for what sort of discount you will be able to negotiate, let me know what the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact Range Rover that you want are (you can look up the MSRP in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site) let me know ant I will use Land Rover's current lease program to estimate what sort of monthly payment you can expect.

Car_man
    Host
  • moabxjmoabxj Member Posts: 6
    I posted this on the sport thread but this one has more recent posts so here we go...

We got a letter from the dealer about waiving 6 months of lease payments for leasing a new vehicle. So we are looking at getting an '08 HSE with the lux package and maybe the locker. MSRP should be around $82,950. Probably going with a 30 or 36 month lease, 15k miles per year. What kind of numbers should we expect? What kind of numbers are fair? We have a 720-740ish fico score. Is there any chance to get them to budge on sticker price? This is actually our 5th vehicle from them but they haven't budged a whole lot on any of the others which seems crazy to me. 84040(UT)

Thanks
    Ryan
    Just got a quote from the local dealer today...

2008 RR HSE w/ lux pkg. $82,450 MSRP, 30 month 15k per year. $1632/mo, $2000 down(first month+ doc fee or whatever.)

Any thoughts?
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Many thanks Car man. Would you happen to know the residual percentage for 10K or 10.5K miles?
  • shamsiddinshamsiddin Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am new to this board and am interested in leasing a 2007 RR HSE early next year. I have been doing a bit of research regarding how lease rates are computed and am quite a bit more informed. I have begun contacting dealers for information on leasing 2007 RR HSE, thus far the response I have gotten from two of the four is that there are no more 2007's in stock at their shops. I am not sure if this is true or not but since I have not visited the showrooms personally, I will take their word for it for now.

I live in Northern NJ and work in Manhattan so I have contacted the Manhattan Auto Group, Paramus, Woodbridge and Parsippany dealers. The Manhattan dealer told me that his shop is a factory dealer vs the others which are independent - he was unable to adequately make the distinction other than to say that the others are all about making money (duh aren't they all?) Anyway, does anyone know what the difference is if any.

The Paramus and Manhattan dealers gave me information regarding the 2008 model as follows:
    MSRP = 77,175
    Residual = 53%
    Money Factor = .00205

Does anyone know if this is accurate? I would prefer a 2007 model if I can find one (presumably the MSRP will be lower and therefore I can negotiate a lower cap cost and overall lower monthly payment) but the money factor on this one seems reasonable if I can negotiate a decent cap cost. Any thoughts?
    Things changed a bit and we are looking at getting a fullsize 2008 Range Rover Supercharged in the next day or two. MSRP 93,600. We get x-plan pricing which lowers it to 89,969. However we were quoted $1599+tax for 36 month/15k miles a year lease. My numbers show that to be around .00292 money factor which seems quite a bit higher than what it should be in my opinion. Does anyone have the current money factor and residual rates? By the way the residual they used was 51%.
  • bigbearrrsbigbearrrs Member Posts: 6
    Hello all, and Carman. I am a few days from leasing a Range Rover Sport. HSE. Standard Interior. Contemplating the Arctic frost with Alpaca Interior or the White with Ebony Interior.

I plan on towing a 21 feet Regal open bow boat 4x a year with it. and a flat bed car trailer with a 65 Shelby Cobra 4x a year. Will the RRS HSE do well with this towing?

I got a lease offer as follow:

30 mths, 15,000 miles a year. On the RRS HSE non luxury interior

$1391 drive off and a monthly payment of $899 including tax here in california (7.75%)
    $3,000 drive off and a monthly payment of $840 including tax here in california
    $5,000 drive off and a monthly payment of $768 including tax.

Are these good offers? Can I do better? :shades:
  • newcaraznewcaraz Member Posts: 2
    I am in AZ and also looking for the 08 RRS. The quotes I received last wk were much higher. Would you mind sharing the dealership name and city as it is worth going to CA to get the car based on the quotes you provided. Did you end up leasing your car? Also, if you know what the money factor and residual are could you also share this info. Thanks

30 months
    $1,137.33 with 12k miles per year
    $1,179.21 with 15k miles per year
    $3,600 drive off

36 months
    $1,202.36 with 12k miles per year
    $1,235.94 with 15k miles per year
    $3,600 drive off
    I don't think we are allowed to post name and number of dealership and salesmen here.
    I will be happy to share it with you though.

The original deal above was with Newport Beach Landrover. They are not staright shooters. I will NEVER do business with them again. And will NOT recommend them to anyone. When it came time to sign paper they started playing games, increased payment by nearly $300 per month) so I left promptly and went to the next dealership.

The dealership I ended up buying from is Landrover and Jaguar of Anaheim Hills. Anaheim Hills, California. They were GREAT! Salesman is awesome. I highly recommend. Entire deal was done on the phone. I was in and out in less than an hour. He even threw in the tow package (Hitch and installed wiring loom) for free.

I did a 30 month lease, and it is 15k miles per year. Would have ben $925 or so per year with the minimal drive off. Keep in mind that the 925 includes like $60 for california tax.

With my drive off being similar to yours ($1k more than yours), my payment is $771.16 california tax is another $60.

The package of the car makes a huge difference. Mine is HSE (non supercharged) and is not the luxury interior.

email me if you want the sales man's name & #. this is end of month and end of year. so they are making deals. Strike while they are trying to hit their target.
  • newcaraznewcaraz Member Posts: 2
    thanks so much for the information - can you email me the sales mans name & # at vmsaz@yahoo.com.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    What's the difference between going through the dealership and car leasing companies? They say they offer better deals. Does anyone have any experience leasing there Range Rover through one of these companies?

i.e ( http://www.phillipsautoleasing.com/ )
    You're very welcome, kerb. Land Rover Capital's residual values for leases with 10,500 miles per year are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome shamsiddin. What you heard is correct. I don't believe that there are many 2007 Range Rovers left out there at this point. If you want to lease this truck, you are probably going to have to go with a 2008 model. Through January 7th, Land Rover Capital's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00192 and 50%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 10,500 mile per year residual value is 3% higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi moabxj. Through January 7th, Land Rover Capital's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00228 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bigbearrrs. According to the information that I have been able to find, the 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport has a towing capacity of 7,716 pounds. I do not have any real world experience towing things with one though. You might be able to find a community member or two who does by visiting the "Land Rover Range Rover Sport" discussion.

As far as the lease that you mentioned goes, you never mentioned the exact selling price or MSRP that it is based upon. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey newcaraz. Through January 7th, Land Rover Capital's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00291 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man,
    MSRP was $59,000
    I paid $55,429

The deal I got is in my second posting attributed to Anheim Hills Landrover (No tmy first offer from the deceitfull folks at Newport Beach)
  • kpeterskpeters Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone, I am considering a lease on a 2008 RR sport. I have never done a lease before. the car cost is 60k, with 15k miles/year with 0 down. What would a good lease payment be per month? $850?

any help much appreciated thanks
    Would have been $865 for me on the best deal I got (not including California Tax).

Please note that $0 down on lease really means $0 capital reduction but you may still have a minimal drive off that will include first month lease and taxes, registrations, and other fees applicable.
  • rangeroversrangerovers Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone, I currently am leasing a lexus IS 250 and my lease is up in 2011. I really want to lease a range rover sport but I'm waiting until my current lease is up I just wanted to know if someone can break down the amount of money I would have to pay in order to get a good down payment. Before I drove the lexus I had a BMW X5 and I want another truck. My friend told me I could put down $6,000 and have tier 0 credit right, and get it for like 6 something a month in NJ Paramus. Right now I have 685, 675, 670, but in March 07 I had 719 by 2011 all credit cards will be paid off, and my credit score should increase rapidly. I currently pay 777 but I want to know what should I do and what is all the residual rate cap and all that .00259 stuff people are talking about just so I can get an idea.
  • rangeroversrangerovers Member Posts: 2
    PS I'm in New Jersey
  • de6624de6624 Member Posts: 6
    ok I live in ny an have an 03 rr so i will be trading in soon,,,,,,,my current information is with a 700 score and 6k down it will be bout 850 - 900 ,,,,,no higher than 960, but this all depends all on your lease rates. Varies by state,,,,,,NJ i say your rate will be 870 per month ,,,,,and thats good,,,,,i no people paying 990 or so, u will be fine though.
    Did your deal go through for your Range Rover Supercharge?
    Car_man,
    Have the lease rates for the 2008 Range Rover HSE stated before changed or are they still the same?

- Thank You
    No problem, bigbearrrs. The Land Rover Range Rover Sport that you leased probably had a spread of around $5,200 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $3,561 discount that you were given on this truck isn't bad. It's probably around $1,600 or so over invoice on a truck that is selling reasonably well. As long as the dealer that you got your truck from used its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment I'd say that you got a pretty good deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kpeters. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on it and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Is the $60,000 price that you mentioned in your post this truck's MSRP or its selling price? If you provide me with both numbers, I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal and to calculate a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rangerovers. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

If you absolutely have to get out of your current lease now to get something new, you definitely do not want to make such a $6,000 down payment on your new lease. I always advise consumers against making big down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be much better off going with a zero down lease, even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jbratx. Land Rover published a new lease program for the first quarter of 2008 a couple of weeks ago. Land Rover Capital's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 10,500 mile per year residual value is 3% higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
  • trovertrover Member Posts: 5
    i have a coupon good for 2000.00 on a lease of a HSE please call me if you are buying prior to 3/31/08 tania@taniany.com
  • ctijimctijim Member Posts: 2
    I am considering leasing a 2008 RR SC for either 24, 30, or 36 months with 15k miles. It would be great to know the corresponding money factors and residuals for these leases.

Thanks,

Jim
  • ctijimctijim Member Posts: 2
    Car man...HELP!
  • jvitijviti Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm about to lease a new RR HSE Supercharged and I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting a good deal. While the internet says MSRP is 93k several dealers are telling me the MSRP is 96k and they'll drop their price to 93k (although that includes a rear entertainment system which cost $2500 . Not sure if they're gaming me. That said the lease terms I'm getting are roughly consistent across dealers and are as follows:
    30 months; 12k miles/yr; 4,474 down; 1474/month. This includes tax (which is 8.25%). The residual value is 59% and the money factor is .00176. I really want a 36 month lease but they drop the residual value to 50% and increase the money factor to .00220 making for 7,067 down and 1,462/mo. Any opinions/advice??
    Hi Jim. Here is the information that you're looking for. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover SC with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for a 36 month lease are .00211 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jviti. Have you looked up this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price here at Edmunds.com yet? The prices that are listed here are usually very accurate. If a dealer quotes you an MSRP that's higher than the one that is mentioned in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, they are probably adding some sort of dealer installed option(s) or fees to it.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Land Rover's buy rate for this model. That is always a good thing. One thing that I don't like about this deal though is the large down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers not to make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • njwlognjwlog Member Posts: 10
    Car_man,

Is Land Rover Capital still offering a 30 month lease on a '08 Range Rover Supercharged? What is the residual and money factor?

Thank you for your great service to all car buyers!
  • guess400guess400 Member Posts: 1
    I think this is a great price but I want to make sure before I go ahead with the deal. It is on a brand new 08 base Range Rover HSE no options dealer is just throwing in some rubber mats. $799 a month with 8800 down this includes tax and title up front for New York. It is for 24 months with 10,500 a year. Should I pull the trigger on this or wait to get a better deal
  • bully5bully5 Member Posts: 6
    I believe its very good. Best I could do is 1350 per month on RR base model but with TV's for 36 months, 0 down, 10.5K miles. If you add in your pre pay 8800 your payment is around 1150 per month.
    $8,800 down seems a little steep for a lease.
    You're very welcome, njwlog. I don't think that Land Rover's 30 month lease program on this truck is anything special right now. If you really want to lease one, you would probably be better off going with a 36 month lease. Your monthly payment will be lower. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00302 and 56%, respectively.

If you are a current Land Rover owner or lessee, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 owner loyalty cash that is currently available on the '08 Range Rover.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.