Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

15678911»

Comments

• calidallasgrlcalidallasgrl Member Posts: 6
    Hello - Can you tell me Chase's lease rates please (MONEY FACTOR/RESIDUAL) for October 2012 for tier one credit for:

48 months, 10k miles
    36 months, 10k miles

My fico is 780. I am trying to negotiate this deal TODAY. Please help! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

-Kim
  • calidallasgrlcalidallasgrl Member Posts: 6
    CarMan:

I just wanted to post the deal I just got from Mission Viejo Land Rover in California. It's pretty sweet, so I wanted to let you know that you CAN get these guys down! They have a 9% profit margin on these cars. If you go to TRUECAR.com you can configure the car, and see what others are paying for it in the area....it also shows you the DEALER INVOICE. One thing I learned is always negotiate up from the dealer invoice, not down from the MSRP.

Al Hearn's LEASE GUIDE (online) was my lifesaver in these negotiations!! I highly recommend it!Search for "Lease Guide" to find it on GOogle.

Here are the details of the deal I got:

MSRP $67,695
    DriveOff $0
    Downpayment $0
    Residual 50%
    Money Factor .00142
    Term 48 months
    Mileage 12k/year
    Monthly Payment - $895

I thought this was good but I was curious if anyone has done better?

Cheers,
    Kim
  • vascovasco Member Posts: 18
    Hi Kim,

I am on the same boat and I think I have a better deal but can not get Carman to respond:
    Here are the details of the deal I got:
    2013 Sport HSE with CC Package
    MSRP $63995
    DriveOff $2500, tax, title, reg, and little down payment (not sure how you have a 0 drive off)
    Downpayment $0
    Residual 52%
    Money Factor .00164
    Term 48 months
    Mileage 12k/year
    Monthly Payment - $765 includes tax

Carman your help is needed :)
  • ffm1ffm1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - can anyone please explain to me why different dealerships give us different residual values and money factors for exactly the same car (2013 Range Rover Sport HSE) for someone with excellent credit? Today, I was quoted by two different dealerships just outside of Philadelphia, PA, the following numbers for 36 months lease and 10,000 miles per year?

1) Residual value of 61% with a money factor of 0.00147.
    2) Residual value of 59% with a money factor of 00133.

Thank you.
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    The "buy rates" are what the dealer is able to get. If they get you to sign a deal with higher money factor, or lower residual, it is a boost to their profit on the deal.

Time to negotiate. You probably will find that a better lease rate is given for less of a discount from "sticker", and vice-versa.
  • bgrossybgrossy Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me the latest money factor and residual value for a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE w/ Climate Comfort package and rear entertainment? This would be a 36 month lease w/ 15K miles per year.
  • 911cab911cab Member Posts: 1
    .00160. 54% residual.

I am working on a lease now for a new RRS.

24 month is:

.00267 and 61%
  • capitalst1capitalst1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Does anyone know what the money factor and residual value is on a 2013 Range Rover Sport LUX for 36 month and 10k yearly? I was told its 57% 0.00133 for November. He told me it was 59% in October and now its 57% this month. If you know December's that would be even more helpful.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm in Chicago is there any cash incentives on these 2013 RRS right now?
  • dpayne3dpayne3 Member Posts: 1
    Just executed this lease on a RRS with CCP:

36 Months

12,000 miles

MSRP: $63,895

Residual: 58%

Money Factor: .00147

No Cap Cost Reduction

Lease Payment: $810

Thoughts?
  • bmwsportbmwsport Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

Do you know the January money factor and residual for the sport through Chase and/or US bank? Was able to work a ridiculously good deal last month but didn't pull the trigger on it. Looking to work on a deal for this month or middle of Feb at the latest.
    Terms are for 36mths and 15k miles on the Sport HSE.

Thanks!
  • jeffreyt1jeffreyt1 Member Posts: 1
    Does that include tax? It's 4 months later and got a little higher rate with tax ($933) with an MSRP of $68,095.
  • audiinterestedaudiinterested Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know the current residual value and money factor for the top-of-the-line Land Rover Range Rover model (Base MSRP $83,545)?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi audiinterested. this particular discussion is for the Range Rover Sport. Please post any questions that you have on the Range Rover in the following discussion:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9da38/376

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ado57ado57 Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody explain how a LR Dealer actually calculates i) the monthly payment amount and ii) the cash due at signing? I'm trying to lease a 2013 RRS HSE, 36 months @ 12,000 miles/mnth. Ideally I'd like to get as close to the advertised lease amt of $799 while negotiating the lowest poss amt of cash due at signing. Sorry to be such an obvious novice about this issue.
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car_man,

Could you help with the following lease information? MF and residuals for 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE: 36 mos/15K per year.

I've been doing leases for a long time, and before i commit i always check out everything for a few months prior to pulling the trigger. I've been tracking the RRS online and newspaper ads to "reverse math" to see what the are using as a capitalized cost, before their cap cost reduction. In most cases it looks like they are around $3k below MSRP. The most recent ad seems to come out to be no discount off the MSRP. are you seeing anything with the RRS leasing that would concern you??

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Member Posts: 11
    There are 2 components to calc a monthly lease. Part 1: take "capitalized cost" and subtract residual and divide the difference by the lease term. Part 2: take capitalized cost and add residual and multiply the sum by the money factor. If you sum up both parts that will be the lease payment not including taxes.

The capitalized cost is the price you would agree to "buy" the car for less any cap cost reduction (ie. money down). Money factor is the interest rate divided by 2400. Car_Man can give you residuals (as a percent of MSRP) and Money factors for various lease terms/mileages.

Hope this helps.
  • envy_79envy_79 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys...

Just signed a lease last night for RRS with silver package (basically climate comfort pkg, 20" rims, upgraded sound)...here are details:

$1881 start ups
    $0 down
    MSRP 63,990
    Final negotiated price 58,975
    36 mo / 10k
    791 / mo (includes tax)

good deal?
    Hi ado57. You can use the formula that is outlined in the following article to work up a lease payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ctfarmboy. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • phxryanphxryan Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man

I'm interested in a new 2014 RR Sport (the redesign) just launched yesterday. I'm 1st on a waiting list for one through a dealer in New England. Just was wondering if you have any idea what the 10k 36 mos lease terms are going to look like? I assume money factor will be terrible (over .00250) and that the residual will be somewhere between 57-60%? Any thoughts or info on this?
  • octooloctool Member Posts: 4
    Now that the 2014 has officially been released, I am very curious to see what the 2013 model will sell for. I would imagine some pretty good reductions off the MSRP. I really love the 2013 model and am very interested at the right price.

Is the money factor for leases expected to make a lease more favorable now?
  • mibnymibny Member Posts: 14
    This is exactly why land rover was unloading the 2012 RRS quickly. The 2013 RRS really came out early in 2012. Land Rover will try to make you pay a PREMIUM to lease a 2014. Hopefully they will bring back a couple of years of FREE maintenence for leases.
    Hi phxryan. I haven't seen any lease program information for the 2014 Range Rover Sport yet. I'll ask around and see what I can find out. Your guess about what the program will be like sounds reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Does anyone know if free maintenence is included in leasing for RRS 2013 or 2014 ?
  • tek0166tek0166 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at leasing a 2013 sport with Lux package and Sat radio for 15K per year 36 months. Anyone have a suggestion as to which dealer to contact. I have found the one in Darien CT to not be a take what i give you and they don't deal.
  • chittuschittus Member Posts: 8
    Hello

That time of the year and shopping for my wife me. Looking to lease a RRS HSE with Luxury Package with 15K Miles/year for 36 months.

Can you please provide me MF and Residual please?

Thank You
    Does anyone know if free maintenence is included in leasing for RRS 2013 or 2014 ?
  • chittuschittus Member Posts: 8
    Today my dealer quoted me down payment of $2200 and $1200 per month in lease.

Model Range Rover Sport HSE Luxury Package, Silver Package and Rear Seat Entertainment.

Miles Per Year 15K. I am trying to get the Cap Cost to see how much they are discounting from $71K MSRP.
    Hee's the information that you're looking for chittus. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00184 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mibny. I am not completely familiar with Land Rover's service program, but I believe that they give consumers their first scheduled maintenance visit for free and that's it. I could be mistaken though. Are there any Land Rover owners out there who could chime in?

Car_man
    Host
  • dash24dash24 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I am interested in leasing a 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE. I know lease prices are not out but could anyone come up with a price range for about 16-18k miles per year.
    Can anyone that has leased a RRS 13 tell us if FREE MAINTENENCE is included ??
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Hi Car_Man,

The dealer gave me the following June rates from Chase on a 2013 RRS HSE. Do these number match with your information:

39 months; 15k miles per year
    MF: .00188
    Res: 55%

Thanks very much
    Hi rr4mywife. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00172 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rcummings1rcummings1 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man:

Can you tell me the July Chase money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease on a 2013 Land Rover Sport with 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks,
    rcummings1
  • carlosdangercarlosdanger Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2013 RR sport with luxury and silver package. MSRP 68,500. I have made an offer for 65,000 and asked for a MF of 00172. The RV is 54. Does this sound reasonable?
  • akydakyxakydakyx Member Posts: 9
    Do you have the current residual and MF for 2014 RR Sport HSE (v-6) for 24 and 36 months each with 12k and 15k miles? thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,555
    I'm sorry... we don't have the Range Rover lease numbers...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• akydakyxakydakyx Member Posts: 9
    me too. if you do get chase numbers for 2014 rr sport would be greatly appreciated if you would post. thank you.
  • jdgillis84jdgillis84 Member Posts: 2
    Local dealer wouldn't give specifics but here is what I was offered:

2995 capital cost reduction
    2490.12 fees
    926.12/mth including tax
    36 months/12k year

Chase numbers were significantly higher totaling out around 1100/mth with the same money down and 10k a year.
  • miamiadjustermiamiadjuster Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I would like to know the lease money factor and residual value for the following:

7500 mi / 36-month / 2014 RRS HSE
    10000 mi / 36-month / 2014 RRS HSE

Thank you in advance.
    I'm sorry.. we don't have the October numbers for Range Rover..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• octooloctool Member Posts: 4
    My understanding is that there is a $2000 dealer rebate. Has anyone recently leased a 2013?
  • robrtgolfrobrtgolf Member Posts: 15
    Hello Kyfdx,

Do you have the MF and Residual for a 36/12 on a '14 RR Sport HSE?

Thank you,

RM
    I'm sorry, but we don't have any Land Rover lease information..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Morning, did you happen to ask if free maintenance is included in the life of the lease ?
  • jdgillis84jdgillis84 Member Posts: 2
    I believe that a maintenance plan had to be purchased separately.
  • ny_danny_dan Member Posts: 12
    Anyone have gotten any lease numbers yet or pricing info?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please continue in our 014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.