Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,254
    Some others have reported rattles

The dealer is taking my car in tomorrow for vibration in the steering, wind noise by the driver's side window, and rattles in the dashboard. They said they expect the car to be laid up for at least a week.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

2021 Genesis G90

• zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    The wind noise may be related to the side view mirror according to others. As far as the vibration, see if you can get the dealer to switch to Mich tires.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Just as an update, we went ahead and closed on a GS 350 yesterday. We just went with the premium cause the better residual and is decently equiped already. Here is the deal:

2013 Lexus GS350 Deep Sea Mica/Light Grey
    Premium +, 18" wheels, Trunck accesories
    MSRP 53245
    DISC - 3000
    REBATE - 1500
    SALE 48745

Trade equity - 5525 (were given the excellent trade value on kbb)

Residual 65%
    MF .0019

Payments with 7% tax $452/mo for 36 months with 10k mi. Includes 3yrs free maintenance.
    $1400 out of pocket includes 1st mo, and fees

How does that look?? Does anyone know if Lexus does MSDs?
    edited May 2012
    I couldn't decide between the GS and the BMW 535 but I decided to get my fourth GS. I have owned each generation and I still have a 3rd (2006 GS) with over 140,000.00 milles.

I am picking up the following car tomorrow:

GS 350 AWD
    Nebula Grey with Black Int.

Base $49,450.00
    Luxury Package with CWP $6,090.00
    Nav $1,735.00
    Parking Asst $500.00
    Remote Engine Start $499.00
    Blind Spot Monitor $500.00 (A MUST!)
    Accy Package $242.00
    TOTAL MSRP $59,891.00

Price (for lease purposes) $56,192.00 (invoice)
    LESS
    Conquest of $1,500.00 (wife has a bimmer)
    Performance Drive credit $1,000.00

15K a year lease

Monthly payment $696.41 (used MSDs to get money factor down to .00128) and includes NJ tax. I am not paying anything down.

:)
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    edited May 2012
    Lexus does take MSDs in most states. I know you can't get MSD in New York State due to NY State Laws. MSDs are the way to go! The free maintenance is a great deal!
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    I was able to get my money factor to .00118
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    wind noise may be related to the side view mirrors

Yes, I believe that is the problem. I've heard quite a few complaints about that. Lexus said it was NORMAL! So they did nothing about it.

As for the tires, the said the car drives as it was designed to drive. I offered them $500 to switch the tires, but they said no. So I will put Michelins on when these wear out - they usually only last 15K miles anyway. These are all season tires and since I live in southeast Florida, I'll get the pilot Super Sport summer tires. They warrant them for 30K miles. The vibration is only evident when tires are cold and only on newly resurfaced roads. The problem is insignificant so I'm not going to stress over it.

Car runs great - far superior to my 2012 E350 and much quieter. Great car - my last Lexus was 12 years ago when I owned a 2001 GS300. NO COMPARISON WHATSOEVER! This is exactly what Lexus needed to do in order to increase interest in the GS line. Definitely worth a test drive for those looking at Audi, BMW 5 series and Mercedes E350 Sport.

2021 Genesis G90

• jg108jg108 Member Posts: 9
    Hi CarMan. Do you have the June residual and money factor on a luxury pkg. GS350 36 mo, 15k miles/yr lease? Will Lexus be continuing the $1500 Conquest Cash Program? Thanks.
  • rickwellrickwell Member Posts: 15
    I was informed by the sales manager at Lexus today of a new 24-month lease program that was..."TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!" I was on my way to negotiate a lease on a BMW 3-series and turned around and went straight to my Lexus store to commit to the deal.

Here's the numbers:

MSRP = $ 52,517.00
    DISC = $ 4,610.00
    CONQ = $ 1,500.00
    NET CAP= $ 46,407.00

24/10k @ $399/month + tax + $1,995 + Normal inceptions. We rolled the $1,995 Cap Cost into the lease and will apply MSD x 9 (.00072) reduction in the MF .00190 to 0.00118. The MSD = $4,050.00 so total OOP = $5,550.00. Local Sales taxes @ 6.0% yield a tax-in monthly payment of $450.00.

According to my salesperson, this is a rare and best lease program Lexus has offered since 2008. Personally, having been leasing vehicles for 29 years, I can't remember seeing a better lease program for a high-line model.
  • rx5zigenrx5zigen Member Posts: 9
    If you don't mind what state or area dealer. Thank You.
    Your deal appears to be less than invoice which is great. Can you tell us exactly which model (sports, prem, RW or AWD) and each option to get to the MSRP of 52,517.00? Also, what state are you from? Is you roll in the Cap Cost of 1,995.00, didn't that increase your payment to over $83.00 a month before applying the money factor?

Thanks.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • sherlock7sherlock7 Member Posts: 1
    looking to buy a GS 350, where did you get such a good deal. Our local dealer is not coming off sticker!
    It looks like you got 4500 off sticker? would buy today if I got that deal :)
    It's a GS350 Premium/Nav RWD. You should never "Cap Cost" any lease so we rolled the $1995 ($83/month) into the base price @ $482.13/24 + tax + inceptions. Use MSD x 9 to lower the MF to .00118 resulting in a savings of about $66 / month on the lease. The dealer is located in SE Florida.
    SE Florida
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Apparently someone else got an even better deal, It was in one of these forums. and they apparently have a good 24mo lease special going on this month. I got mine in Tampa, FL.
    I'm missing something because I only some up with a MSRP of 50,910.00 on your build.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Keith. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GS 350 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go jg108. Lexus Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+ credit tier.

Yes, the $1,500 is still available in June.

Car_man
    Host
  • whipplewhipple Member Posts: 2
    Thanks does anyone know info on this 24 month lease deal? What are residual and money factor?
    I have been told that they are utilizing a 75% residual and a MF of .00190. You can use MSD to buy the MF down to .00118. Additionally, the Conquest Cash of $1,500 is still available.
  • whipplewhipple Member Posts: 2
    Thanks is that for 15,000 miles or 10,000?
    24 months / 10,000 miles
  • baloo588baloo588 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I have a 2013 Lexus GS F-Sport and I had the junk Bridgestone Turanza El400-02 tires. Such terrible tires. Vibrated every morning for few miles till warmed up and even still vibrated to a lesser degree in the seats on the smoothest blacktop due to the stiiffer sidewalls to compensate for the F-Sport version. They are cheap tires and should of never been placed on this car of this kind of caliber. The handling was sharp and accurate as compared to my 2011 BMW 5 that I traded in but ride was a bit stiff but a lot better than the BMW 5 runflats. Still I switched out to decent all season Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires and I am so glad I made the right choice! The F-Sport feels smoother, quieter, more stable on rougher highways and gives me the best all around driving experience without sacrificing too much in one area. I highly recommend you to switch out to the Michelins soon and sell those standard tires you have (bridgestones or dunlops) if you own the car or keep them until lease end to put them back on for return purposes (to avoid wear charge of your Michelins). That way you are not ruining the experience of this amazing car. I love it more than my 2011 BMW 5! And that is a big leap for Lexus!
    They are cheap tires and should never have been placed on a…

Yes, they are cheap tires, and do not perform well at all! My dealer finally got the balancing problem corrected! It took them three successive trials before they got it right.

I expect to replace these tires at 15,000 miles with Michelin's. I own the car so I don't see an immediate need to replace these Dunlops unless they give me problems in the future.

Except for the tires and the balancing problems I had, I really love this car. I find it handles much better than my 2012 Mercedes E350 sport. I bought it loaded with almost every option available. The NAV, Levinson Audio System, Blindspot monitor, heads-up display and Luxury Package make the car in want of absolutely nothing. I got the Flaxen perforated leather interior which is really sharp looking. Stupendous vehicle.

2021 Genesis G90

• bzimpfbzimpf Member Posts: 2
    Car man-

Have a quote from dealer - selling price 53771 | acq = 700 | 9 MSDs | MF = .00118

Could you confirm residual % for 24/12k & 36/12k for a GS F-Sport?

Dealer shows 71% and 61%

And -

Can anyone confirm that Conquest cash cannot come off selling price? (Dealer says it has to come off cash on delivery)

Should my trade-in balance go towards cap cost reduction? - would think that should go against cash required on delivery too. Zero out of pocket is the goal yes?

Thought cap cost reductions were not the way to go.

Thanks in advance
    Hey whipple. Lexus Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 72%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bzimpf. The money factor and residual values that you were quoted are correct.

I don't see why the conquest cash couldn't be taken off of the car's selling price, but there's nothing wrong with deducting it from the amount that's due at lease signing.

You definitely don't want to use any equity that you have in your trade as a capitalized cost reduction. It's much safer to go with zero down lease. Have the dealer cut you a check for your equity instead.

Car_man
    Host
    conquest cash off the bottom, not the selling price

That is correct. When I got my GS350 on April 30th, the $1500 came off on the bottom line as cash down (I bought my car and financed $15,000 with Lexus Financial Services which is a requirement for the conquest cash). They treated the conquest as cash back to the customer.

I've got 1500 miles on the car and the ride and handling get better every day. I tried the Sport+ setting for stiffening up the suspension and steering as well as holding gears longer, and it definitely improves the car's responsiveness.

Hope you enjoy your new GS!

2021 Genesis G90

• tdroeschtdroesch Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2012
    Hello All,

So appreciative of this forum - really helpful to someone who has not leased before like myself. I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 GS350 F Sport RWD and would appreciate any advice available from the knowledge base here in the forum.

My preference is for a 3 year lease with 15k/year on a Dark Gray/Black interior car. I have priced out what the estimated dealer invoice is for the following items:

Base car: $43,617
    F-Sport w/cold weather: $6,130
    Premium package: $1,400
    Preferred Access. Package: $242
    Rear wheel steer: $1,700
    Mark Levinson Audio: $1,380
    Navigation system: $1,735

Total purchase price with Regional Ad fees ($704) and destination ($875) is $56,707 (before tax & license). Estimated MSRP is $60,362.

I would like to minimize my down payment and use MSD to lower money factor, as recommended by most in the forum. My trade-in is a 2007 Mercedes GL450 (Logic7 and NAV only real upgrades) with 76,000 miles owing about $25,500 on loan, so I am guessing that the conquest cash would be a possibility as additional cash down. I am also assuming that there is minimal equity in my trade, although it is very well maintained.

My credit is only about 675, so I am curious if anyone can help to determine how that will effect the Money Factor, seeing that it is not Tier 1 credit. From the Lexus site, it looks like they add about 3 points to the interest rate. I have about $4,000 available now for all costs up-front, but can possibly stretch another $1,000 if needed.

Does it look like I might be able to keep my payment around $700/month on this? Also, does anyone know yet the July MF or residual value estimates? Do you know where I would find out how much of an aquisition fee or disposition fee is charged? Is there an additional fee for $15k miles per year?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help or comment. I just want to be prepared when I walk in to make the deal and want to be comfortable walking away if the offer does not look right.

Tom
    First of all, you should get $1,500.00 off because of Lexus conquest since you own the MB but no one knows if the program will continue in July. There will probably be a higher MF based on your credit. You need to find out the rate from multiple dealers since some dealers "add" on to the MF. The July money factor won't be known until July. Always have the dealer confirm the MF in writing. Also, you need to work on the price of the car since the lease payments will be based on same. Try to get invoice. Remember, typically better deals are had at the end of the month. Lastly, Lexus has run programs in December (December to Remember) and sometimes they have a program in August which may have a lower MF.

You may be better off selling the MB privately.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    Thanks Zoombie,

Does anyone yet know what the money factor & residual value for July is and also, possibly, what kind of penalty in rate or MF that I should expect by having credit at around 675?

Tom
    edited July 2012
    Hi Tom. Lexus Financial Servies' June lease program is scheduled to run through July 9th. The new July numbers won't be out until some time on the 10th.

A credit score of 675 puts you in LFS' Tier 2 credit tier. The money factors for that tier are typically .00045 higher than the best available aka Tier 1+ factors. The Tier 1+ factor for this car is currently .00190, so that would put your factor at around .00235.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man,

Looking forward to hearing what those July numbers will be after the 10th.

Regarding using MSD's to pay down the MF, do you know how I can determine in advance what an estimated MSD would be and how many I might need to pay to lower the MF to the minimum? I would like to anticipate how much cash I will need to maximize my deal when I walk in to the dealership.

Also, when those MSD's are returned to you at the end of the lease, does the dealer just cut me a check for those funds (or allow me to roll it in to a new lease)? Seems like MSD's are a great tool to use when leasing.

Happy 4th,

Tom
  • audiobuffaudiobuff Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,
    What is the money factor and residual for a 2013 GS350 RWD for 15K miles and 36mo.?
    If I use the maximum 9 MSD's, how much of a drop in the money factor is there?
    Thanks
  • nyarlathotepnyarlathotep Member Posts: 20
    Hope somebody can help.
    I am special ordering the above. The car comes to $61500 total MSRP. I'm looking to lease and the number my dealer (Phila-area) gave me were: $813.50 for 48 months.
    I do not have any other details (residuals, etc)...the number is just what I was told.
    Is this a good deal? Am I in the ballpark? :confuse:
    Any questions feel free to ask...
    Thanks!
    Greetings audiobuff. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GS 350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

The last I heard, each additional deposit lowers the money factor by .00008.

Car_man
    Host
  • boone23boone23 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man,

What is the money factor and residual for a 2013 GS350 RWD for 15K miles and 48mo.? Please also provide the numbers for the same vehicle and term but for 12K miles.
    Hey boone23. Lexus Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2013 GS350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier1+ credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • boone23boone23 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much.
    You're welcome boone23.

Car_man
    Host
  • bb1857bb1857 Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan

Can you tell me if the residuals are different for the AWD base versus AWD Luxury package car. Dealer is telling me they are different and i would like to confirm. Either way can you give me the 15K and 12K residuals for an AWD Luxury package car?
  • adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    I'm not CarMan, but I can tell you that the dealer is correct. I just finished negotiating on a FWD Luxury Pkg and the residual is 58% compared to 61% on a Base. This is with 15,000 miles. I believe the residual is 2% higher with 12,000 miles. The MF is .00165. Where are you located? I am getting mine in Dallas...
    Here you go bb1857. Lexus Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GS 350 AWD base with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 61%, respectively for Tier 1+ customers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 GS 350 AWD Luxury are .00165 and 58%.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • lexusloulexuslou Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

What is the August Tier 1+money factor and residual on the 2013 Lexus GS350 AWD for a 27 month lease with 10k, 12k and with 15K miles?

1. Premium Pkg car MSRP $55,907

2. F-Sport Pkg car MSRP $58,997

Thanks
  • millymanmillyman Member Posts: 8
    Before I get into specifics, did you get your GS already or are still waiting?
    edited August 2012
    LexusLou,

I don't know 27 month terms, but for 36 month leases, here's the info for August 2012:

- Money Factor = 0.00145, which equates to 3.48%
    - Residual on 15k miles = 61%
    - Residual on 12k miles = 63%

Best,

//J
    Can you please confirm the .00145 MF? Carman and my dealer are both quoting .00165. I am going to sign on Saturday.
    Thanks
    ADPCS,

MF of 0.00145 is solid and should be nationwide if the Lexus Golden Opportunity Event is in play -- which is for all of August.

Go to this site to confirm: http://bit.ly/PdX2kc

How do I know? My wife and I just leased a 2013 GS350 F-SPORT last night :-)

Here's my deal, which is good, but not great:

- MSRP = $57,822
    - Sale = $54,626
    - Total Drive Off = $500.00 + Remote Starter thrown in ($499)
    - 36/mo & 12k mi lease
    - Monthly = $744.00 (inc tax)
    - Starfire Pearl Exterior / Black Interior
    * Fresno Lexus also took my wife's IS250 in 4 months early

If your dealer does not welcome the real MF, go somewhere else. Also, there's a $1,500 Conquest offer if you are driving a competitive brand.

Let me know if you need anything else and good luck!

//J
    ADPCS,

Doh, forgot to mention… the link I sent you does not show RWD GS or F-SPORT option, which is just under 60% residual on 12k miles; 58% on 15k. MF of 0.00145, of course :-)

//J
    Perfect, thank you. They must have dropped the MF mid month, because it was .00165. Hopefully, i can get the dealer to come down and match the .00145. I am going for a RWD with Lux Pkg. 36 month / 15K miles. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.