Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey alboogie7. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 GS 300 is .00126 in most areas for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • pbijlipbijli Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    The MSRP on GS 300 rwd including NAV & Mark lev. is $50510 in Miami, Fl.
    The lease deal I am getting is $608 + tax for 36 months with no down on 12k Miles. He is considering a .52 residual and tier 1 credit score. Is this a good deal?
    Also why diff. lexus dealers use diff. residual value
    eg. .52 and .55 for the same car.
    appreciate ur help.
    Thnks
    Bij
  • gcannongcannon Member Posts: 5
    Bij - sounds like a great deal. Can you tell me the Miami dealer, and your salesman, so I can get the same deal! Thanks, george.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186
    Dealership names are okay...

Salesperson names are not okay..

Please see the message printed in red, just above the Post a Message box.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi pbijli. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Different Lexus dealers cannot use different residual values for the same car. Most likely, either the two dealers that quoted you different residual values are running the leases that they provided you with information on through different banks or they are using different mileage allowances.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • chucky2chucky2 Member Posts: 8
    What are the June MF and residual figures for a 36 month/12 K lease on a GS300? Is Lexus giving any lease support?
    Hi chucky2. Here is info on Lexus' new July lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus GS300 2WD through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00126 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • ginfayginfay Member Posts: 2
    Went to the dealer this past weekend and I'm looking to take advantage of the July lease deal.

Here are the numbers:
    MSRP is $48,414, 36 month lease, 12,000 miles

Due at signing is $5535 - which inclues:
    $2,500 Down pmt
    $525 first pmt
    $249 processing
    $600 acquisition
    $125 tags
    $1536 taxes
    Residual value is 50% = $24,207

My monthly payment is quoted at $519 a month.

Can you tell me if I'm getting a good deal?
  • smith000smith000 Member Posts: 9
    Is this the same on a 3yr/15k lease or have residuals dropped?
  • lookn4leaselookn4lease Member Posts: 11
    This sounds like a great deal - which dealer was this?
  • ginfayginfay Member Posts: 2
    You should be able to get this deal anywhere up until the end of July.
    The money factor now is .00096 according to two dealers as of last week. :)
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Car man,

As the author of the previous post stated, it seems the money factor has lowered on a GS 300 RWD. Could you please confirm?

Also, could you please work up some numbers (or confirm the mf and residual) for a 36 mo/10,000 mile and a 36 mo/12,000 mile lease for the GS 300 RWD (here in Los Angeles). My FICO hovers around 770 - that should be Tier 1 for Lexus, correct?

MSRP: $50,490
    Selling price: $45,600 (includes destination, excludes taxes - 3.5% over invoice).

Side note: Do you have the mf and residual for the upcoming GS 350 RWD? Thank you.
    Last week I leased the 2006 GS300 RWD w/ NAV ($48,424 MSRP)-36 mo/12k miles for $590 with a $2500 drive off. I think I could have done better but it was hard to find the color combination I wanted so I caved. I'd like to hear what other deals people get.
    Over the six months I worked on getting this car, I found that most dealers did not want to seriously negotiate by phone/email. I suppose they want to prevent customers from from playing them off each other and/or get us to commit the time to going to them.
    Hi ginfay. When trying to determine if a quote is a good deal, it helps to know the vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The selling price shows you how much of a discount you are being given and it enables you to calculate what your car's lease payment should be. I;d be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is. For now I can tell you that I would eliminate the $2,500 down payment if I was in your situation. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their leased vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey smith000. Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 GS 300 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00067 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Bushwack. On July 26th, Lexus introduced its "Golden Opportunity Sales Event." Its new buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 GS 30 2WD is .00067 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Using this money factor, an MSRP of $50,490, and a selling price of $45,600, I estimate that this car's 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $613. With only 10,000 miles per year, this payment would drop to around $600. I do not believe that Lexus has published residual values for the 2007 GS yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Thanks Car-man for the lease information.
    No problem Bushwack. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mnokermnoker Member Posts: 28
    anyone got the lease numbers for the gs300 for this month
  • rjwatlrjwatl Member Posts: 5
    Do you have the residual values and money factor for a GS 300? I'd like to know residual values for both 12k/yr and 15k/yr. at 36 months and 39 months. Also, when does Lexus' Golden Opportunity expire? I'm trying to decide whether to lease now or several weeks from now.

Thanks for your help.
    I sure do, mnoker. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Through September 4th, Lexus financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Lexus GS 300 2WD are .00067 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rjwatl. Check out my previous post for the information that you are looking for. This car's 39 month money factor is the same, but its 15,000 mile per year residual value is 45%. If you go with 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values will be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • felke001felke001 Member Posts: 33
    Car man-
    Now that the 07 GS350 is out, do you have September numbers for this car

36 mos, 12K miles?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
  • lexus350lexus350 Member Posts: 2
    I just bit the bullet and ordered the 350 RWD. Because the dealer didn't have my color choice in stock, the car is being made to order.

The color i chose was the black saphire pearl with the following options:

Navi
    18"
    Vent. Seats
    Power rear sunshade

I don't remember what the final price for the car was, but the payment was $3K down, $770/month, 36 mnths 12K miles/ year

Does that sound like a fair deal to everyone? I put a refundable deposit down while they locate/build my car :)
  • hellgethhellgeth Member Posts: 6
    HEY CAR MAN, :confuse: I am about to lease a 2006 GS 330 AWD. The September Sales event is over as of the 4th, but I was told I can still get the deal that was offered. I guess the money factor. What Should I try to get off the MSRP. Also, what is the money factor and how do you figure it in, (the formula). I will have a trade with negitive equity put into the lease, besides paying that in the monthly payment, will that affect the money factor. I am probably a tier 1 maybe a tier 2 credit risk. Any help would be so greatly smiled upon, THANKS!!!!
    Ops, It would be a 48 month lease, with a $1000.00 down
    12,000 mile per year!

I hope that all the information you'll need. Thanks so much for your time and help! :sick:
  • felke001felke001 Member Posts: 33
    Not carman, but the car you are referring to doesn't exist

if I'm not mistaken,
    there is a 2006 GS300 AWD or RWD, 2006 GS430 (RWD only)

2007 GS350 AWD or RWD, 2007 GS450H (RWD hybrid)
    Yes, I am sorry GS 300 AWD, A tad tired this morning.
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Car_man, could you please let me know what the residuals/money factors are for September on remaining GS300's ? I'm looking for 36 months and 12000 miles ...

I just got an email from a Lexus dealer who knew I was interested, saying that the Summer Event has been extended - I just wanted to know if the money factor may have gotten even better !

Thanks !!!
  • leland1leland1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello there, I was wondering what the residual value and money factor are for a 2007 GS 350, without navigation, 10k miles per year. Thank you.
    Hey DjDez I know for a fact the 48 month money factor on a 06 GS 300 is.00067, Tier 1 Plus credit, a FICO score over 730. You can always call a few dealers and just ask them. Sometimes they'll say its a bit higher, trying to cushion them selves more profit. For example, I called a few dealers and I was quoted a money factor from .00099 down to .00067. I don't know the 36 month though. I am still deciding myself whether now is the time to pull the trigger or not. GOOD LUCK!
    Here you go, Mike. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GS 350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings lexus350. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    What you were told iss correct, hellgeth. Lexus is still providing a special lease money factor of .00067 on the 2006 GS 300 for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier this month. I believe that its "Tier 1" factor is .00010 higher. I'm not sure what its special money factors are for other credit tiers. The fact that you are trading in a vehicle that you have negative equity in will not have any impact upon your car's money factor. It will increase its capitalized cost, and in turn its monthly payment though. The following article describes the formula that is used to calculate lease payments in great detail: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus GS: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, djdez. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 GS 300 with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 50%, respectively. I believe that this is the same exact money factor that was available on this car last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi leland1. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GS 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 60%, respectively. I am not sure if LFS offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual value for leases with that mileage allowance would likely be 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Thanks Car_man !!!

Do you know if there are any special rates on a 24 month lease for the remaining '06 GS300's ?

What might the money factor and residual be on a 24 month lease with 12000 miles .. is there even a good deal available ?

Thanks again !
  • wantabentleywantabentley Member Posts: 31
    Car Man - Compared GS350 residuals to BMW530i, MB E350 and Infiniti M class + they their respective companies are offering MUCH better residuals. Any reason as I thought Lexus would hold up in residual value about the same but apparantly not.
  • ashleaselexusashleaselexus Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man,

Do you know what are the values for Lease money factor and residual value on LS350 2007 model?
  • randomactrandomact Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for my first LEASE program and wanted to make sure I make all the right moves. The car I Am interested in is the LEXUS GS350 with navigational features.

Since I know nothing about dealing with scummy salesmen, I wanted to make sure I have all my ducks lines up. My questions to you is how do I know what a good deal vs a poor deal is? What should I look out for? Also regarding how much to put down, do you always have to put 2-5k down on a three year? I am very confused with all this information and was hoping you could shed some light on the situation. I want to be in the 600-800/m category. But I don’t know to figure it all out and what to base things on. Can I talk down the selling MSRP of the car to lower my payments? What is the best way to negotiate a deal so it works in my favor since I am indeed the buyer J Thanks a lot for your help I hope you get this message and can shed some light. I appreciate your assistance. Thanks

PS below is what I want to get.. What should I expect to pay on something like this ?? THANKS

Base MSRP*

$44,150.00

• Standard Features

Available Packages

$4,132.00

•
    18-in summer tires with spare with Additional Options

-
    18-in summer tires with spare

-
    Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera

-
    Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

-
    Ventilated front seats

-
    Rear spoiler

-
    Power rear-window sunshade

-
    Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Accessory Options

$0.00

•
    18-in summer tires with spare[12]

Included

•
    Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)

Included

•
    Ventilated front seats

Included

•
    Rear spoiler

Included

•
    Power rear-window sunshade

Included

•
    18-in G-Spider alloy wheels[12]

(see dealer)

•
    Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Included

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee†

$715.00

Total MSRP**

$48,997.
  • mousiemousie Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal....

2007 GS350 not awd

Nav, 18" wheels, spoiler, sunshade, rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, wheel locks, mats

sticker: 48977 cap cost 45500 residual 19370

47 month lease $743 + tax. 17K miles per year (yes, I need that many miles). Los Angeles area.

Is this good?
  • wantabentleywantabentley Member Posts: 31
    If you are so inclined, you can figure out much of this yourself. Try the Roadfly leasing forum and you'll find the Lexus residuals and mf for Oct. Then go to a good lease calculator (like at leasingguide.com) plug in the numbers and you'll know for yourself. The key numbers you'll need to know are the MSRP for the car you want and the Cap Cost (what the dealer will really "sell" the car to you for. From my experience, dealers often mark up the mf and try to not reduce the cap cost too much. Or, they'll tell you they can't provide those numbers. If they don't, watch your wallet.
    No problem, djdez. Unfortunately, Lexus is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. It is however providing $2,000 dealer cash on leftover 2006 GS 300s. If you really want to lease one, you can use this cash to help you negotiate an attractive capitalized cost and then lease one through Lexus Financial using its standard lease program. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 GS 300 with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey wantabentley. This is probably because BMW and Mercedes-Benz are likely artificially inflating the residual values of the 5-Series and E-Class (they'll deny it until they are blue in the face but they do provide residual value support on certain models), but Lexus does not currently feel the need to provide any artificially inflated residuals on the new GS 350.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ashleaselexus. Since this is the GS discussion, I assume that you mean the GS 350. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GS 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi randomact. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. The short version of what these articles contains is that to get a good deal on a lease you need to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with use its buy rate lease money factor to calculate its monthly payment. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of price you should pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus GS: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences". Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2007 GS 350. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. Its standard factor varies slightly by region, but it should be around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. This pretty much sums it up, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Mousie, The car that you described has a spread of around $6,000 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of just under $3,500 on it, which isn't bad for a new model. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar cars lately: "Lexus GS: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences". Also, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's monthly payment. It is currently around .00275 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • davieraviedavieravie Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone give me an indication of how good the "December to Remember" sales really are?

I am close to leasing a GS350AWD but would like the Mark Levinson version. This is about $60 more per month (36 month lease).

Is it possible that the sale in December lower my lease payment by $60 per month? or is that asking too much?

If not, I may just move forward and lease a non-ML one right now.

Thanks for your input,
    Dave
  • craigf14craigf14 Member Posts: 15
    I am looking at a 2007 Lexus GS 350 in the Dallas area. I was wondering if anyone knows what the current residual value and money factor are for a 2007 GS 350, 15k miles per year (36, 42 and 48 months). Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.