Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• stimstim Member Posts: 36
    Leased a 2012 Stargazer with Black - Premium, etc Total MSRP was 50250.00

Selling price was 47100. Plus they took a BMW X5 2008 that was leased as a trade which had a positive equity of 4100. Deducted for tires and had 3100 in total cash equity. My residual was 28100. One payment left on lease. If I kept the BMW another month - the tires would have been an issue and I'd have to pay some serious money out of pocket for a new or even used set to meet the lease requirements.

So the bottom line was a payment of about 620 which included all taxes. They applied the equity and I got the keys no real money down and the acq fee and dealer fees were just rolled into the lease.

In Missouri we have a personal property tax which I had to pay amounting to 895 which I would have had to pay at the end of the year for the BMW anyway. Also the BMW sec deposit of 650 was deducted from the last payment and the property tax - only wrote a check for 805.

MF and Residual was .00190 and 60 percent for a 12K 36 month lease.

Could I have done better - maybe / maybe not. They could have - possibly - reduced the selling price a little more - 500 max. Only have two dealers in the area and the other wanted nearly 600 + 2000K down and the BMW wasn't an option really on the trade. Less money out of pocket do the fact that the BMW had equity and the money really couldn't be cashed out unless I tried to buy and sell the car on my own which is a real crap shoot.

A couple of other dealers were offering the same cash out of equity deal - VW for one. Looked at a Tourareg Exec which was 54000. They would have taken the BMW nearly the same price but the VW doesn't have a backup camera. Also the ride was a little stiff (even compared to the X5). Inventory on the VW was very sparse. Colors difficult to get.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Hi car_man, I live in N. Cal and I have a $1500 certificate from Lexus for my LS460 valve spring repair that will expire in 12/10. I am wondering what is the december to remember lease rate and residual for a 2012 RX 350 FWD 36 months 12Kmi per year? Also is the mulitple deposit reduction still 0.00008 per deposit up to 9 deposits (did the multiple deposit at 0.0001 for 2002 LS 430 and SC 430 and 0.00008 for 08 LS460)? Many thanks for your help over the years..
  • nolefan95nolefan95 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the MF and residual for a 2012 RX350 FWD - 36 months 15K miles per year?

Thank you!
  • cntv121cntv121 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the Dec money factor and residual for a 2012 RX 350 with 12K & 15K miles? Also please let me know if there are any incentives for this month.

Thanks so much for all your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello qwazr. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited December 2011
    Hey topgun7. Lexus Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

I believe that the MSD program that you described is correct, but I haven't looked into it in a while.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nolefan95. LFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cntv121. You should be able to get the information that you're looking for from my previous couple of posts.

As far as the cash incentives go, Lexus is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash and another $1,000 cash to loyal customers or owners of select competitive luxury vehicles on the 2012 RX 350.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Carman,

Will be looking at a 2012 RX350 this weekend. It stickers for 48,767 and Edmunds invoice is 44,039. We will be trading in our 2009 RX350, so we would qualify for the loyalty. Should I shoot for a selling price of 42,500 or is that going too low?
    Also, what would that make our lease payments on a 36 month, 15,000 mile a year deal? I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $550 or so.
    Thanks!
  • nolefan95nolefan95 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Car_man. I appreciate it.
  • socalcpasocalcpa Member Posts: 15
    Car man,

The dealers in So Cal area are all saying the $1000 loyalty incentive only applies to 2011 cars, and is not available for 2012 cars. Does this sound right?

Thanks again for the great help in getting a good price!
  • every3carsevery3cars Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Hello my friend. I am looking to lease a new lexus rx 350 awd. Includes prem pkg, comfrt pkg, park asst, navigation, rear camera, cargo pkg. white on blk int. I am curious to know what actual dealer invoice is. They say MSRP is $49360 which incl $875 dest. They say selling price of $45730 is $500 over invoice. I think invoice is less. Also Tier 1 prob not going to happen so how much diff is Tier 2 or 3? What is invoice for rear DVD and remote start as well? Do they have holdback now? :confuse:
  • cityboy2cityboy2 Member Posts: 27
    same story in NYC. dealer insists that loyalty money was only for 2011 models.
  • dmcmullendmcmullen Member Posts: 1
    I have a three year Lexus lease coming to an end in a few months and I am going to purchase the vehicle. I've been in touch with Lexus and they said I can get it "certified" for $1795, which will extend the warranty another 3 years and to 100,000 miles. I don't want that (I haven't had a single problem with the vehicle), so I told them no.

They then said they "have" to do an inspection (per California law) since it is a sale, and the price for that inspection is $395. No thanks, I said, but they insisted it was per California law. Does anyone know about this? I don't want to give the dealership any more money than I have to. My buyout is $25k and blue book is high $30k, so it's well worth my while, but do I HAVE to give them the extra $395?
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2011
    No the dealer doesn't know what they are talking about. Contact Lexus directly )(Toyota Finance?)and ask them what you need to do to purchase the car. We purchased my wifes Lexus Rx 350 off a lease about six months ago. Typically is just get the buyout and have your lender contact them. You don't need the inspection if you buying the car. You only need the inspection if your turning the car in back to them.
    Hey bigbutr. A selling price that far under dealer invoice certainly is aggressive, but give it a shot. If you're in an area that has a lot of competition and the dealer wants to close a lot of deals to finish the year perhaps you'll find someone who'll go for it. You don't have anything to lose by trying, other than time.

Using an MSRP of $48,767 and a selling price of $42,500, I estimate that this truck would have a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $502.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome nolefan95.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey socalcpa. I just looked into it and what you were told is correct, the $1,000 loyalty cash is indeed only available on 2011, not 2012 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi every3cars. You can find the dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • btownnorbtownnor Member Posts: 3
    Do you know the current Lease rate and residual for a 2011 or 2012 lexus rx350? I am at the end of my lease - buy out is $25,000 so I am thinking of just releasing a new car. If I could get a new 3 year for $502 with same things I have - nav, cd, etc I would
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    2012 RX 450h

Residual: 59% / 12,000 Miles Per. Year

MSRP $52,860

Lease for $737 + tax for 36 months

• $2,081.97 Total due at signing

Only giving me a 2k discount off MSRP. Dealer says car is hot and not budging. What are your thoughts?
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    Also Im looking to RX 350 as well. Please tell me if these numbers look right!

Residual: 60% / 12,000 Miles Per. Year

MSRP $48,362

Lease for $532 + tax for 36 months

• $1,803.02 Total due at signing
  • techkid31techkid31 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man and everyone else!

I was wondering if someone can post the residual % and money factor for a 2012 RX350 FWD with 10,000 miles per year. Thanks! Its my first time leasing
    Hi btownnor. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

I don't believe that Lexus is providing lease support on the 2011 RX any longer.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome techkid31. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • techkid31techkid31 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man!

I actually signed my lease during the December to Remember event. I had a quick question though. I know that I have a "Tier 1+" credit tier, however, when I signed the lease, the dealer actually gave me a higher money factor than usual. When I calculated it, I think it was .00206? is this standard practice?

My deal ended up being 1000 down and 590/month for an rx350 FWD with a sticker of 48,666.
  • coz96coz96 Member Posts: 4
    Delivered December 12. Lexus Of Greenwich CT

MSRP $49,360 (with Nav) and AWD incl $875 dest fee

Residual 61%
    MF .0015
    10K miles/Year/36 mos
    Monthly $524.99 (incl tax)

First month payment waived. Total at signing $1,331 (incl $850 Bank fee and $180 Lemon Law Tax)

'Loyalty' fee was really a waiver of the $450 disposition fee if I did not buy Lexus again.

Hope this helps.
    You're welcome techkid31. Luxury dealers often mark up vehicle's money factors to add hidden back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • mhuesomhueso Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    Hi Car Man,

My very fist post and happy to let you know that I used the information on this website to obtain my Fiancee's 2010 Lexus IS250 w/Nav for 389/Month with only 2k down which was absolutely awesome!!! I could have gone 1500 down with 400+ dollars a month however, paying under 400 a month for a luxury vehicle is a bigger win. thanks a lot

Now, my lease is up in Dec and I have been eyeing the RX350 AWD w Prem package and rear seat Ent w nav vehicle. Edmunds says 44095 is the invoice price ,now I would like to see what the residual , MF , and lexus lease deals , + down payment would look like. Appreciate your help and once again thanks for the help on the IS250. I almost forgot, I would like to price it at 15k miles and 12k miles, I woul like to know what the money difference would be. Thanks
  • jvmxtrajvmxtra Member Posts: 3
    so roughly, your negotiated price was around $41500?? How did you get off so much?
  • hulahula Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I got quoted a lease rate of....

36 months/$1800 down/12,000 miles/MF.00130/monthly payment $575 (includes tax)
    MSRP: $48,522.00

Thanks,
    Hula
  • hulahula Member Posts: 2
    residual of 59%...

hula
    You're very welcome mhueso. I'm glad that we were able to help you out.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX350 AWD with the Entertainment System and 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. This factor might vary slightly by region

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

This truck's payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I need both numbers, or at lease MSRP and invoice, to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Hula. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Lexus Financial Services' buy rate for this model.

How good a deal this is depends upon what this truck's selling price is. We could play around with the numbers and probably back into an approximate selling price, but it would be much easier to just ask the dealer what they are charging you. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    After one month, we had to return new 450H; cabin integrity compromised. Repeatedly, following a long time, then going uphill, my wife could not breathe, and my son. Others validated problem. But Lexus dealer would not/did not replicate driving conditions. Lexus service advisors theorized about possible toxic substances, including cosmoline. Perhaps build after Japan nuclear accident. Anway, we had to pay $5000 to end lease, but health more improtant. Lexus Corp refused even to pick up $5000. Now, we'll ahve to follow this up with goernmental authorities, and litigation. Anyone with similar experiences, please contact us.
  • smileyrttsmileyrtt Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I am looking into leasing my first car. I have done enough research to understand the 3 important factors (Sales price, Money Factor and residual value) but feel like the price I was quoted over the weekend (in South carolina) was extremely too high. I've been approved for Lexus' Tier 1 credit. The quote was for a FWD 350 without Nav but with all other options. The MSRP is 45,323..the dealer said they could only come off approx $700. The Money Factor was .00230 with a 57% Residual value. For a 36 month lease / 15,000 miles with $4000 down - they quoted me $704 month! This seem too high, right?!? They tried to tell me that my taxes were added in (which I realize are high b/c car will be registered in MO at 8.5%) but I still think they aren't quoting me an honest price....especially with a credit score of over 800 and pre-approval.... Please help!
  • cfitz22cfitz22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man:

Could you please provide the current money factor and residual on a 2012 Lexus RX350 with navigation for a 2 year lease with 15,000 miles/year. Thanks.
    Hi smileyrtt. As you suspected, this is not a very good deal. Not only is the selling price that you are being offered high...probably around $2,000 over invoice, but the money factor is being marked up as well. It should be more like .00130, for a Tier 1+ customer, not .00230. I definitely would look for another dealer if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go cfitz22. Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • smileyrttsmileyrtt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man! I thought the numbers were high too so I have checked around. I found a RX350 that MSRP is 49232 and they are offering it to me at $44,000 - .00130 mf and 57% residual...sounds much better! I thought it was interesting that out of 10 dealers I questioned...the mf's ranged from .00130 to .00230! I thought the MF was a standard number across the board....guess not. Quick question - I did get a call today with a dealer in the Midwest offering a MF of .00100 ?!? How is this possible? I thought the best mf right now was .00130
  • mhuesomhueso Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car Man,

Here are the numbers for an RX350 AWD / w Prem Package and rear seat ENT Package W NAV.

Edmunds Pricing
    Invoice $44095
    MSRP $48755
    Market Value $45518
    You're very welcome, smileyrtt. Good job, that deal definitely is much better. Banks' buy rate or base money factors are fairly standard, but individual dealers often have the right to mark them up to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to deals.

It's possible that there was some sort of enhancement to this lease program in a certain part of the country, Lexus does have some regional variation. Having said that, incentives are usually based upon where one lives, not where the vehicle is sold. So even if you were to buy from a dealer in an area that had better incentives, you might end up having to use the incentives that are available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome mhueso. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Lexus RX 350 AWD that has an MSRP of $48,755 and a selling price of $45,518 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down pre-tax monthly payment would be around $614, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jincajinca Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man - I am working on a very similar deal right now. I only have Tier 2 credit though so can you give me an estimate on that payment? I am also wondering about the Lexus Loyalty discount. Would that come off the price, say in this example would the price then be $44,518?
    It seems the $ factor is what it is so they can't play games with that correct?
    Also, can you give me any rough guidelines on downpayment and how that changes the monthly payment. I really don't want to go much above $550.
    Thanks very much. Love, love, love reading all your posts.
    Reading through some replies and I am seeing now that the money factor can be manipulated. Can you also tell me realistically (with my marginal credit) what kind of MF and residual percentage I should be expecting? Thanks again.
    Hi - I was told by one dealer that a car I am looking at with another dealer has a lower invoice. He said the car must have been there awhile which doesn't bother me. He said that the invoice would be 2% less. Does this help me in any way other than the fact that the same car is a priced a bit lower at one dealership compared to another?
    Thanks much for any feedback,.
  • mofitmofit Member Posts: 3
    Hey, Carman! I just started working on a 450h, 10k, 36 month. Do you have numbers for residuals/factors that I should be shooting for? Thanks!
  • bbrainisbbrainis Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan:

I would like to know the MF and Residual for the 2012 Lexus RX for a 10K and 15K 36 Month Lease. It looks like with the Conquest rebate, a negotiated price should be at best around $4500 off MSRP ?
  • kdmc31234kdmc31234 Member Posts: 1
    Im looking to buy a 2011 Lexus 350, 18,995 miles, price listed is $42,387. Certified Pre-Owned . Efficient 3.5 Liter V-6 engine. dealer is located in Massachusetts. Not sure what the best price would be. Would love some help.

Navigation, one-touch open/close moon roof, HID headlamps, rain-sensing windshield wipers, XM Satellite radio, remote engine start, heated and ventilated front seats, Bluetooth wireless, premium roof rails, backup monitor.

Thanks!
  • rakeshreddyrrakeshreddyr Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Demo car with 1100 miles
    MSRP $49,360 (with Nav) and AWD incl $875 dest fee

12K miles/Year/36 mos
    Monthly $545 (incl tax - NJ)
    Zero Down towards cap reduction

Is this a good deal? I was also offered a new Rx350 with nav and heated seats(not the entire comfort package) for 529 Including tax for 12kmiles/36months.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.