Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• rickyeee1rickyeee1 Member Posts: 13
    What a bad experience i had today walking into a lexus dealer in south florida
    First i was told over the phone
    RX 350 24 months with 15 k was 550.00 with taxes buILT in with 1380 out of pocket.

When i go there i was told it was 650.00 with 1380 out of pocket they tried to wear us down staying for a long period of time

i had 2 payments left at 660.00 and was told they have to appraise the car
    but i was told lexus now has a pull a head program from the bad experience i had with lexus and sales person to go else where maybe bmw or mercedes

They pulled a fast one on me
    just picked up lexus today tell me if i got a good deal rx 350 appearance pkg
    27 months 15 k year
    $599.00 with taxes built in
    1168 out of pocket
    But i do not understand when i got home to look over contract
    there was a dealer fee 700.00 is that extra cost should i care
    but did i get a good deal
    My sales guy called me at 7:30 pm last night said you have to come into today to do a new buy order on my car
    i dont know what that means
    maybe they made an error on contract
    but i will night sign if things look different

i took possession of car
  • umakittyumakitty Member Posts: 1
    I have never leased before. I am looking at leasing a Lexus RX 350 without Nav. Already have an IS250 which we are keeping. Want a lower monthly payment so the deal they are offering is $5,000 down and $400 a month plus tax $432 total. 36 mod. 10,000 mi. in so. Cal. Is this reasonable? Thx
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome davidg73.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi TogaDad. A ton of manufacturers are rolling out President's Day specials, but I heaven't heard about anything for the holiday from Lexus yet. Has anyone else? It certainly wouldn't hurt to lease one this weekend.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sevenaway. Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD without the Luxury package with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi soapdish616. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. I haven't crunched the numbers, but if you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are considering (you can find that data Here) I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you.

Bankrate.com should give you a good idea of what the interest rates are like on used vehicles right now. Lexus has been known to offer special financing rates as low as 0.9% on Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. You could always get the dealer to Certify your off-lease vehicle and get its special rates.

Car_man
    Host
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    It is accurate that leasing and purchasing are about the same cost wise.

The value of leasing is you don't pay as much on a monthly basis as you would on a purchase. Of course you don't gain the same equity. However, a person could simply put the difference between a lease payment and a purchase payment into a savings account which is essentially the same as equity only it is in the form of cash.

The one aspect of a lease which is always more expensive than a purchase is the acquisition fee, often $600 to $700. An acquisition fee is not applicable to a purchase.

A person would also pay a bit more in financing on a lease as the interest is paid on the balance of the loan which decreases faster on a purchase than on a lease. However, as long the the lease Money Factor is low this should not be a big difference.

One thing that so many on these pricing forums seem not to understand is it is rarely a good idea to put money down at lease inception. Putting a large sum down might lower the payment but that does not lower the cost.
  • firebird10firebird10 Member Posts: 1
    Car man, does the lease money factor of .00100 apply nationally or does it vary by region? If it does vary, what is it for the Southern region? Thanks!
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Looks like they will waive up to 4 months payment on:

RX 350 w approx $46,950k sticker price

Lease is $427 / mo 27 mos with 10k miles / year. $3779 due at signing plus taxes and fees so in essence 4 free months = $1708 in waived payments meaning around $2,000 net out of pocket.

Anyone know if there is a catch to this deal?
  • whitemustangwhitemustang Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

I read through a lot of posts here and i wanted to get an opinion on this deal. I have seen people getting base price 4-5K below MSRP for lease.

RX 350 AWD + premium + navigation
    MSRP : 50,160

Dealer offered base price : 47500
    I am trying to negotiate it to : 46000

Residual : 60%
    months : 36 months
    MF : .0010

Any help appreciated.
  • tenor_miketenor_mike Member Posts: 6
    I have seen a lease offer of $429/mo 27 mos /3779 due with 10k miles for a RX 350 MSRP of $46950... but there was no mention of waiving 4 mos of payments.

I would be interested in knowing the details to the lease payment calculation of such an offer.
  • aujoe1aujoe1 Member Posts: 3
    What is the February 2013 money factor (tie 1 credit) and residual value on an RX for 3 yr/36k mi with Premium, Comfort, wood/leather steering, prem audio, Nav, tow, and preferred accessory pkg? The MSRP is $48,800.
    Saw it on a pop up ad - will try to find for you but try to google it too.
  • carnal1carnal1 Member Posts: 6
    i guess i paid too much: RX350 AWD with premium,comfort and navigation packages - MSRP about $49,900, 3 year, 12,000 mi. per year, about $1,800 out of pocket including first payment -$580 a month..
  • athena171athena171 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a new 2013 RX 350 on a 36 month/15k lease in Southern California. Here are the numbers:

MSRP- $50195
    negotiated price- 44400
    loyalty incentive- $1000
    total sell price- $43400
    $0 drive off, first month payment waived
    MF- .001
    residual- 57%
    payment- $589 a month for 35 months
  • whitemustangwhitemustang Member Posts: 3
    What is considered a good as base cap cost for a RX 350 where MSRP = 50,160. I have a dealer
    who is stuck at 46,900 (doesn't include any down payment)

Is this considered a good deal? Can we go down further...

Lease for 36 months , 10K miles, MF = 0.001.
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    Here's what I have been offered in NC. Seems ridiculously high compared to others I am seeing on this board. $5,500 due at signing. Wow! Any advice would be appreciated.

$49,561 MSRP
    $47,265 Selling price
    36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    $5,500 due at signing
    $550 per month
  • NRINRI Member Posts: 11
    Selling price should be more towards 46000
  • gwalnutgwalnut Member Posts: 5
    it is a good deal. please share the dealer name. thanks.
    edited February 2013
    tenor mike - here is the link - fine print says up to four lease payments see dealer for details. translation, get them in the door and negotiate face to face.

i have not seen a lot of what i would consider good deals in the premium suv market but am guessing that if gas continues to go up that by late March the deals will start.

http://www.lexusofroute10.com/ViewSpecials_D?section=section1&sectionValue=New%2- - 0Vehicle%20Specials
    Thanks albert72. I checked the site and yes the 4 mos payment waiver is there in larger than fine print Then there is another page at the same dealer with similar offer on the RX350 as follows:
    Auto, V6, moonroof, leather, wood steering whl, cd changer. MSRP: $46,950. $2,650 down payment. $0 Security Deposit. Lease based on 27 mos with a $31,926 purchase option avail at lease end. $3,779 due at signing. Vin#DC092149. Plus tax & tags
    in this offer there is no mention of the 4 mos waiver and the RV appears to be 68%. What is confusing is the 2660 DP vs the 3779 due at signing plus fees... diff of 1119
    Car Man .... can you give me the current RV/MF for 2013 RX350 AWD (MSRP 46950)

27 mos/10k mi

36 mos/10k mi
    Thanks
  • franky_jfranky_j Member Posts: 6
    The wife and I just switched our 2010 RX 350 for the 2013 model. We use the "loyalty incentive" they were offering, where Lexus Financial Services will waive up to 4 months of payments of your lease towards a new Lexus vehicle.

So, they waived our two remaining payments and we turned in our 2010 RX, and this is what we got:

2013 RX 350, MSRP of $51,189 - includes premium, comfort and Nav packages, 19-inch rims, parking assist, cross bars. A few more bells and whistles than our 2010 RX.

Lease terms: 36 months, 12,000 Miles/year

Price: $45,808

Rebate: $1000

Money factor: 0.001 (equivalent to an interest rate of 2.4%)

Residual: 59% of MSRP ($30,201.51)

Down payment: $0

Drive off: 1st month's payment

Monthly payment: $565

This deal was consummated at a dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Keep in mind that the money factor is not fixed! Just because they quoted you a number, does not mean that it's the lowest they can go. My first quote, the MF was 1% above what I ended up with. Always ask about their "buy rate", that should be the lowest they can go. Shoot for this number!

Good Luck!
    Franky... do you happen to know what the "Capitalized Cost" was in the monthly lease calculation ? I ran your numbers through 2 different calculation programs and both produced a montly lease of $509 using the selling price of 45808 ( assumed 1000 rebate was in the 45808) as well as other numbers you provided. Perhaps fees and taxes were added to the selling price giving a higher cap cost?
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    Hi CarMan. I am about to pull the trigger on leasing a 2013 RX 350 2WD with MSRP of approximately $46k. Dealer willing to price at $500 over invoice. Also, telling us the residual for 15k miles is 57% and .001 MF.

Is MF below .001 possible with LFS? Also, with $1k incentive available for leasing with LFS, should I be able to get below invoice?
  • franky_jfranky_j Member Posts: 6
    Hi tenor_mike,

$45,808 was the gross cap cost. The adjusted cap cost came out to: $46,114.52. This includes license & reg fees as well as some filing & doc fees. When leasing, we're basically paying for the depreciation, which is based on your negotiation of the deal, plus the rent charge and tax. Depreciation for us came out to: $15,913.01 and rent charge came out to: $2,747.52. Add these two together, you'd get $18,660.53. Over 36 months, the monthly without tax came out to: $518.35. Tax in our area is 9%, so add $46.65 and you'd get $565. I think I got a good deal, but I'm sure if I played it a bit more, I could have gotten a better deal.

All in all, we are very happy with our deal, especially considering we had a almost exactly the same, 2010 RX 350, and we paid about $10 more per month.

I hope you and others here can use this to get a similar or better deal. I've received a lot of good information from forums like this over the years and want to contribute my experience back.
  • carnal1carnal1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi car man and kyfdx, Can you please explain to me why everyone is so concerned with money factors, adjusted cost, depreciation, acquisitions and other fees when looking for the best price on a lease? I just leased a Lexus, and the only things that mattered to me were the lease price over 36 months and how much I had to pay out of pocket based on the sticker price. I wasn"t interested in buying the car at lease end. Much of this forum wasn't very helpful to me. What am I missing?
  • krishraokrishrao Member Posts: 1
    Here is the deal that i got from the one of the dealer. Please let me know what are your thoughts on it and give some tips where i can do any bargaining:

MSRP: $50839.00

Sale price: $48771

Total Financed Aftermarkets ( these are the lojack and chip protection added to car) : $1551.00

Rebates: $1000

Down Payment: $10,000

Upfront Charges: $940.11

Total Cap Reduction: 9592.97

Monthly payment: Base payment+tax = $425.24 + 41.67 = $466.91

Lease Term = 36 months

Money factor = 0.00150

Annual Miles: 10000

Please this is the first time i am going for a lease car and i need your inputs on thsi deal
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Hi Carman,
    Looks like the forum has come to a stop?
    Anyway can you tell me if the March Lease factors are the same as February for this vehicle.
    These have been the best combination I have seen in years.
    I was considering THE 27 MONTH with 10,000 miles a year.
    Factors were M.F. .00100 or with a 9x MSD .00028
    Residual 68%
    Cash Incentive $1,000
    So with a good selling price (probably $1,000 or more under invoice) the Lease comes in very favorable

gwarrenfl
  • drpoyer1drpoyer1 Member Posts: 4
    I have gone through 3 dealers, after that we are talking some serious driving (which I am willing to do to save a couple grand) Below is the best that I can come up. Everyone is crying that there is only 6% off MSRP to play with in total (not including incentives, which there is only 1000 right now so I am told)

>>> 1. 606.25 for 3y/12k
    >>> 2. MSRP 50419 Discount $48300 less rebate $47300
    >>> 3. MF=.00085
    >>> 4. Residual 29747
    >>> 5. 1450.00 at signing

I have read of much better deals, as a 4.4% discount is 1/2 of what I am seeing on other vehicals (MDX, XC 90, etc... )

I could extend my lease and wait for a better deal, it is not as if the inventory is tight. But the dealers are not moving.
  • johnt53johnt53 Member Posts: 3
    Please tell where you are searching, city, state!
    This is NEO, Cleveland, Akron Area...
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    All dealers lie... I have been in this business for over 15 years. The first 12 were spend making money on people and the last 3 saving people money. I'm much happier saving people money. Below is an invoice on a very similiar car with what the pricing should be for you... You should definitely be able to buy this car $1,000 behind invoice if not a bit more plus $1,000 rebate. BTW, 27 months is the way to go on this this car. Its only a $1 per month difference than 36 months and you won't have to replace brakes or tires. The quote was based on $1,250 behind invoice. Good Luck!

Retail Dealer
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 40710.00 $ 38063.00
    Total Accessories .....................: $ 7960.00 $ 7291.00

# PERFORMANCE FEATURES
    * 3.5 Liter 270HP Four Cam 24-Valve V6 Engine
    with Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i)
    * 6-Sp Automatic Transmission w/"Snow Mode"
    * Full Time Active Torque Control All-Wheel Drive
    * Electric Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
    * 4-Wheel Power Assisted Ventilated Front & Solid
    Rear Disc Brakes
    * 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    # SAFETY FEATURES
    * Dual Advanced Front Airbags, Driver & Passenger
    Knee Airbag, Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags
    Front & Rear Seat Mounted Side Airbags
    * Smart Stop Technology
    * 3-Point Safety Belts for All Seating Positions
    * Front & Rear Outboard Seat Belt Pretensioners w/
    Force Limiters, Fr Manual Height Adj. Anchors
    * Front Active Headrests
    * 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake
    Assist (BA) / Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
    * Energy Managing Crumple Zones, Side Door Beams
    * Vehicle Theft-Deterrent Sys w/Engine Immobilizer
    * Automatic On/Off Headlamps / Integrated Fog Lamps
    * LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
    * Variable Intermittent Front Wipers
    * Safety Connect with: Automatic Collision
    Notification, Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency
    Assist Button (SOS), and Enhanced Roadside
    Assistance (1-year trial subscription included)
    * Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    * Tool Kit and First Aid Kit
    # LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES
    * Lexus Premium Audio System, Automatic Sound
    Levelizer (ASL), & In-Dash Single Feed 6-Disc
    CD Auto-Changer, In-Glass Antenna w/FM Diversity
    System, USB iPod/MP3 Control, Bluetooth
    Technology, SiriusXM Satelite Radio (90-day trial
    subscription included)
    * Auto Dual Zone Climate Control Sys w/Rear Vents
    * 10-Way Power Driver''s & Front Passenger''s Seats
    * Power Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Column
    * Height Adjustable Headrests for All Seats
    * Reclining/Sliding 40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
    * 3-Spoke Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
    * Power Windows w/One-Touch Auto Open/Close Feature
    * Power Back Door / Cruise Control
    * Lexus Homelink Universal Transceiver
    * SmartAccess Passive Entry System
    * Rear Black Privacy Glass/Integrated Rear Spoiler
    * Genuine Wood Interior Trim
    * LCD Screen for Ventilation, Audio Settings
    * Multi-Information Display with Lexus Personalized
    Settings, Trip Computer & Outside Temp Display
    * Tonneau Cover
    * Carpeted Floor Mats
    Retail Dealer Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 40710.00 $ 38063.00 $ 40710.00
    Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensin 1340.00 1232.00
    Wipers, Driver/Passenger Heated & Ventilated
    12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Play
    HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    Navigation System w/Voice Command, Backup Cam 2775.00 2563.00
    Lexus Enform screen multimedia display .....
    & Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and .
    eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic,
    NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-ye
    trial subscription included) ...............
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00 460.00
    Premium Package w/Blind Spot Monitor System: 2760.00 2575.00
    Leather Trim Interior, Blind Spot Monitor Sys
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding
    Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver
    Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings, Roof
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00 303.00
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove 255.00 158.00
    --------- --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 7960.00 $ 7291.00 $ 7960.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 895.00 $ 895.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 712.00
    --------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 47297.00 $ 49915.00

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE

Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 LEXUS RX 350 AWD 9424 4dr Wgn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 27
    Base Payment 523.54
    Total Payment 523.54
    Purchase Option 33,443.05
    MSRP 49,915.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 523.54
    Acquisition Fee 700.00
    Upfront Taxes 119.00
    Total Inception Fees 1,342.54
    Rebate as Cap Reduction 1,000.00
    Total Drive Off 2,342.54

Total Cash Required on Delivery 1,342.54

Tax Information
    Customer State: Ohio Customer County: ADAMS
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 119.00 7.0000 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 923.55 7.0000 Capped
    Thanks for the detailed reply... however I had a hard time following it. I summarize below and let me know if I got it right.

Lease: 27m/27k miles
    MSRP: 49915.04
    Disco: 46047.00 (7.8% or 1250 below dealer invoice)
    Resid: 33,443.05 (66.9%)
    MF : .0085
    Miles : .025 over 27k

at signing:
    2342.54 - 1000 (rebate) 1342.54

for 523.54 a month.

Let me know if I got it right and thanks again.

Dave
  • jerrycanjerrycan Member Posts: 7
    FYI. I just picked-up a 2013 RX 350 with Blind-Spot (March 13, 2013) MSRP was $47345.
    33 months
    15k miles a year
    $510 a month
    $1600 out of pocket.
    After looking at residuals and money factors. I probably could have gotton it for aroun $480-490/
    However, the color scheme was hard to find in this area w/out the navigation package. Silver Lining and Tan interior.
    May thanks and appreciation goes out to those knowledgable people who helped me not get too screwed.
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_Man
    I see that someone on this post listed a MF of .00085, March was .00100. Can you tell me if this is now the tier one factor without any MSD's. If so then using the 9msd's would bring it down to .00013. or essentially no interest. Cost comes down to around $10 a month for the lease, so all you are really paying is the depreciation.

gwarrenfl
    Hi tenor_mike. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00075 and 70% (wow that's a high resid) for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00075 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • billyswrldbillyswrld Member Posts: 2
    hey there...i'm about to lease a rx 350 (FWD) thats nicely equipped (MSRP: $49,174)...total DO is $500 and its $500/36...does this seem like a good deal? thanks!
  • gwalnutgwalnut Member Posts: 5
    if tax included, it is a great deal.
  • billyswrldbillyswrld Member Posts: 2
    hey gwalnut, yes, tax is included in the monthly! thank you very much!
  • sonnierdsonnierd Member Posts: 2
    Specifically for a FWD, 10k miles. Thanks!
  • terpfan2terpfan2 Member Posts: 7
    Live in Maryland & looking into leasing a 2013 RX 350 AWD w/ Navigation. MSRP listed @ $49900. Tax in MD is 6%.

Lexus seems to be offering $429 mo 27 mos with $3229 due at signing based on $46,800 MSRP and 10,000 miles/ year. So since the vehicle I'm looking at is @ $3000 more, what would constitute a good/fair deal for me. I've never leased a vehicle before.

Thank you.

Tom
    Well it took a lot more work this buy over last but here is the deal i think i will take It is 50 a month less than my current 2010 Rx lease. The dealer is just outside NYC and I live in ohio, but am going to the city anyway this week so it is not out of the way.

MSRP: 50289
    Disco: 45350.19 (10%)
    Resid: (60%)
    MF : .0075
    at signing:
    2442.54 - 1000 (rebate)

33 or 36 months 12,000 miles per year $524.55. 15,000 miles per year $544.24 per month.

60-80 a month cheaper than my best local deal
  • charlieyun71charlieyun71 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I would like to know if this is a good deal : 2013 lexus rx 350 awd with naviation package totaling $49.419- terms : 36 months/ 12.000 miles per year/ $ 5000 total out of pocket/ $ 427 per month.
  • jersey52jersey52 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal? MSRP $49,984. Loaded RX350 2100 due at signing and 27 mos 489/mo.
    I'm in no rush and am wondering do you think the deals will get better well into spring? Thanks for your help
    Hi sonnierd. Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00075 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome Tom . Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in, I would be happy to use Lexus' current lease program to work up a payment on it for you. you can find the pricing data for the vehicle that you want, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • sham01skisham01ski Member Posts: 13
    Carman what is the MF and residual for the special that lexus advertises for 27 months. I am interested in the 24 month if it is the numbers you posted above, but wanted to verify I am looking for a 2013 RX 350 AWD 24, 27, or 36 month lease and 10k miles. Thanks for the info in advance.
This discussion has been closed.