Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• rx350guy1rx350guy1 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my 2013 RX350 AWD yesterday afternoon. After 2 weeks of dealing with 4 Lexus dealers I resorted to using InsideCarBuying as I found many people on the internet were pleased with their DIY Dealer Report. The final quote I received on my own was for $573 per month with about $2,700 due at signing. This was for a 27 month lease and 12,000 miles per year on a loaded car with MSRP of $49,915 including my loyalty discount for having a 2010 RX350.

The report I received from InsideCarBuying showed I should be able to get this car for $438 per month with $2,261.00 due at signing. After receiving the report I contacted Inside Car Buying because I couldn't believe there was another $135 per month to be saved. Their report showed a selling price of almost $2,200 behind the dealers invoice in addition to the $1,500 lease cash and $500 loyalty. While speaking with them, they informed me I might have some equity in my current lease. They called Lexus with me on the phone and got a dealer buyout price. Sure enough they said I had about $1,900 in equity from my current car. So by selling the car back to a Lexus dealer rather than turning it in I would only have to come up with about $360 of the due at signing for the new car. Based upon the numbers from InsideCarBuying I would be $5,800 better than any deal I found on my own if I were able to get the deal on the report.

I visited 1 more dealer on Long Island on Friday and showed them the report. I told him if he couldn't match the numbers I was just going to hire Inside Car Buying to secure the car for me. They told me deals like that don't exist but after going back and forth for almost an hour I got them to come down to $445 per month with $400 out of my pocket. So I guess deals like this do exist! The $97 fee for the report was worth every cent as I saved over $5,500 from the lowest deal I was able to get on my own.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey gavrik. A $700 acquisition fee is charged by Lexus Financial Services on every vehicle that it leases. This charge cannot be waived.

The advertising fee is probably a legitimate charge as well, but I'm just not as familiar with it. If you're able to get an RX 350 at invoice minus the $1,500 cash incentive on leases plus the $700 ad fee I'd say that you are getting a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I see your point, ken117. I suppose that when deciding what vehicle to go with the residual value is very important. It also would be relevant when trying to calculate a lease payment on your own.

My point was that during negotiations if you get really attractive selling price and the dealer is not marking up your vehicle's money factor you are getting a good deal on the vehicle that you want because dealers cannot bake any profit into the residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome alikvosk. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact vehicle that you are interested in I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on it for you. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • gavrikgavrik Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2008
    Yes, pretty much it was like that. Most numbers matched dealer's, except I had to account for acquisition and advertising fees. They didn't have the exact vehicle I wanted but wound up getting Blind-Spot monitoring option as extra which I now really love.

Of course, here in Illinois, taxes on leased vehicle you pay in full on the vehicle selling price. That was about another $90 per month.
  • nicroa7nicroa7 Member Posts: 1
    rx350guy, can you provide name of dealer and first name of sales person?
  • logic_3logic_3 Member Posts: 51
    Hey carman: was wondering what the current mf and residual is on a 2013 RX 350 in Michigan. Helping my mother-in-law out with replacing her 2010 RX 350 that we got her a deal on.
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car_man,

Please post the MF & RV for July - 27 month, 12K & 15K lease. The Golden Opportunity sale looks attractive.....

Thanks in advance for your time and invaluable advice.
  • logic_3logic_3 Member Posts: 51
    Opps, forget to mention, looking at a 36 month lease with 15k miles a year.
  • garykinggaryking Member Posts: 47
    CarMan,

First I would like to thank you for all your years of wonderful service in this forum!
    You have saved me a fortune over the years!

Wondering what the latest numbers are for RX 350/450 in CO.
    15K, 36 Mo.
    Any specials or extra incentives available?
  • kazielkaziel Member Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,

I just negotiated the following deal for a fully loaded RX350 AWD with nav and blind spot assist in the NYC area. Mind telling me if this is a good deal?

MSRP $49915
    Cash price $44923.50 (10% off MSRP)
    Trade in $9600
    Driveoff $4200
    Cap reduction $5400
    Money factor 0.0007
    Residual 62%
    Term 30 months
    Monthly payment $335

What else should I negotiate if this is not a good deal? Thanks a lot!!
  • tlguy5tlguy5 Member Posts: 8
    question on your deal. i am also negotiating the same car. is the money factor .00075 or .00070?

Car man, can you tell me the buy rate money factor for the 2013 rx350 awd?

thx.
  • kazielkaziel Member Posts: 2
    The money factor on my deal is 0.00070.
    i picked up a 2013 rx350 awd today with msrp of 49915. I traded a vehicle but was cut a check for the entire trade value (i.e. none of the value was applied toward the lease). they gave me fair value for the trade based on 4 others quotes i received from non-lexus dealers (acura etc). they also made my first payment. here are the specs

36 months/10k miles, 58% residual
    msrp - 49,915
    Cap Cost - $43,500 (this includes the $1500 lease cash and all processing fees)
    acquisition fee - $700
    disposition fee - $350
    money factor - .00060 but i put down 7 security deposits ($3,500) to lower the money factor to .00004.

total payment before taxes only (but including approx. $350 of titling/registration costs) was $436.

how did i do?
  • jlowevajloweva Member Posts: 1
    Hi:
    Looking to lease a new RX 350 with MSRP of $50,160. I live in Virginia. I want a 27 month lease and 15k miles.

Dealer just quoted me selling price of 47800. He didn't mention the 1500 lease cash, but i presume he factored it into his "discount". Processing Fee is 399, taxes 1542, tags 119 for a net sales price of 49860. He then said there would be a down payment of 2699, but quoted 6468 due on delivery (but didn't itemize everything), with a monthly payment of 527 for 27 months and anLEV of 31,600. I think the first 527 would be picked up by Lexus.

I have never leased before and have a hunch I would be getting screwed. Can someone please tell me what would be a good deal? I don't really need the best deal in the world, just a pretty good one.

Thanks!
    you are getting screwed. pm me and i'll share a spreadsheet that should allow to understand the inputs to a lease and make an informed decision.
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    I was shopping for rx last week (in NJ/CT) - so here are my thoughts -

Best case - Selling price (in CT) should be around 45000 for that MSRP. So your lease payment will be around 565 (pre tax) per month. Upfront costs - bank fees/doc fees/reg. etc will be additional. This is without any down payment. If you putting down, divide that amount by 27 and deduct from 565. Also you may be better off with 36 months lease. Check the numbers out in VA.
  • s24ws24w Member Posts: 19
    CarMan,

Thank you for your help on this forum. The factory lease for 27 mo for 389/ month is not available in my Detroit area. And I'm only getting 1000 off MSRP around here.
    If we pursue an RX LEASE in Westport, CT from out of state, (who I hear has great customer service and offers great pricing) and we are able to negotiate a low sale price as has been mentioned on the RX 350 pricing forum, how do we best determine the lease figures including the lease payment tax portion, and how much should I expect to pay for delivery to MI? If not delivery, I would fly one way there. On a factory lease, the sale price is negotiable, right?

Do I use CT area quoted residual value, lease length, money factor and state tax to come up with a monthly payment calculation?
    In MI, the MF is currently .0004, lease length specials are on 36 month, not 27 and residual 58% for 10k miles on vehicles around 44k MSRP.
    I would like to know how to approach the out of state dealership and then obtain the total out the door figures for everything including fees at lease signing and then shipping vehicle, if available. Don't think I can necessarily wait until the end of the month though. I already sold my used car...
  • dajelliedajellie Member Posts: 1
    Hello carman
    I was wondering if you have the mf & residual on a Rx350 in SoCal. Thanks for all your help, I've been sifting through this thread for a while and it's full of great info. I appreciate all your help!
  • wchewche Member Posts: 3
    A friend just leased an rx350 with the following:

MSRP 47,799
    27 months
    12k, 65% residual

537/ month tax included
    889 due at signing (includes 1st month)

How did he do? He negotiated by monthly payments...
  • rquino2000rquino2000 Member Posts: 3
    I got the following quote in the DFW area.
    lease with 0 down is $578/mth for 36 months with 12k miles/yr applying $2100 in rebates from Lexus.
    Residual is 57% of 52275 and money factor is 2.4%.

Is this a good deal? Not that I'm complaining but I am not able to get these same numbers when using the lease calculators that are available online. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • rpshoppingrpshopping Member Posts: 1
    Carman:

You were a big help when I leased my 2010 RX 350. It's time to turn it in on a 2013 RX 350. Can you give me an idea on what I can expect on a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease on a FWD model? MSRP, Residual Value and mf?

Thanks
  • rhpdevrhpdev Member Posts: 14
    I am looking for information that will be useful in looking at quoted dealer lease. Looking at 2013 RX 350 AWD with Navigation and blindspot. Four year lease for 12K miles.

Anyone out there have Iowa information? Money factors, residuals, etc.
  • vagabond2vagabond2 Member Posts: 3
    s24w - i am in the mkt looking to lease a 2013 Rx 350 AWD in MI & have been following the posts here. Looks like you are in a similar area so checking if you got any good deals either in MI or in neighboring states.
  • vagabond2vagabond2 Member Posts: 3
    i am looking to lease a 2013 RX350 for 36months/10k mi in MI & have excellent cr. I checked the MSRP comes to about 48k.
    whats the spread between the inv & msrp. what wud be the residual & mf.
    what % of msrp ( or inv ) should be starting the negotiation at.
    thanks in adv
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Hello,

NO email addresses in the forums, please.

Lease calculations are very simple. Also, there are a number of lease calculators and apps available for this very purpose. (Google is your friend) My 11-yr-old son created my first lease spreadsheet. If you have any familiarity with Excel, you can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• debs944debs944 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease the RX 350 and the current deal here for the Premium pkg is $3399 due at signing, $389/mo for 27 months based on 10K miles, MSRP of $46800 with residual of $30888. There is also an offer of the lesser of $700 credit or first months payment. The terms don't include taxes, fees etc. Is this the best deal to expect seeing that 2013 is coming to an end or will there be better offers?

What are the latest MF/residuals for this SUV for RI? Thanks to anyone who can provide me more info !
  • mike9_0mike9_0 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me, I quote a Rx 350 MRSP 46805 for 36month 12000 miles per year. They did not tell me the OTD price. This is my first time to lease a car. But they give me a 0 down payment, $540 per month after tax, with 0 first month payment. I don't know whether there are some other fee at last...because I don't know that at that time. Are there anybody can tell me how about this price?
    I am in NJ, with 7% tax.
    Thx
  • mike9_0mike9_0 Member Posts: 2
    Excuse me Carman,
    I want to lease a Rx350 AWD, MSRP 46805 without NAV for 36 months, 12000 mile per year. I am in NJ with tax 7%. They offer me a 0 down payment, 0 first month payment, $540per month after tax. But they didn't tell me the real sell price of this car, like the out door price, and the MF. But they told me the Residual value is 57%. This is the first time I lease a car. I also did ask whether the 0 down payment is equal to 0 due at sign. Do you think this is a good deal? Or still have a space to nego. I think they used the 1500 rebate from the Lexus. Right now there is a national event, 389 before tax for the same car, 3399 due at sign, 27 month, 10000 miles per year.
  • art3002art3002 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for information that will be useful in looking at quoted dealer lease. Looking at 2013 RX 350 AWD with Navigation and blindspot. three year lease for 12K miles.

Anyone out there have mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, DE, PA, MD, DC, VA) information?

How to figure a monthly with 0 down 3K down?

Money factors, residuals, etc.

Thanks
  • jc2527jc2527 Member Posts: 8
    Hello - I need help on how to apply $1,750 lease cash that Lexus is offering this month. While negotiating lease with different dealers, I saw one dealer applying against cap cost and another applying against monthly payment.

which is correct?
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    What is the residual and MF for a 2013 RX 350 AWD 12k/year for 36 months?
    2013 RX350 AWD 36mo. 12K/yr lease
    .00060 MF and 56% residual
    $1750 lease cash

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    Thank you kyfdx!!

What would the numbers be for a 48 month 12k/year lease for the same vechicle?

ALso, are there any downsides to leasing the vehicle for 48mo as opposed to a shorter term i.e. 36 month?
    For 48 months, the residual drops to 46%.

Drawbacks? A much higher possibility of having to pay for a set of tires before the end of the lease. Also, with a longer lease, a bigger chance that your driving circumstances could change over time, and the mileage allowance may no longer cover your needs.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Just surprised my wife on last day of September with a new 2013 RX350AWD to replace the 2013 Acadia Denali we got 5 months ago that she said was too big. I don't think I left any money behind on this deal. The MSRP was $50,175 and selling price of $45,045 minus the $1,750 dealer cash. I rolled the taxes and bank fee into the lease and only came out of pocket with 1st month and new plates ($550 1st month, $235 Plates , $10 Inspection , $12.50 Tire Fee and $75 Fee = $882.50).

27 month lease and 15,000 miles per year - $550 per month.

It's $2,532 behind invoice.

I only wish I would have done it in August so they would have made the first month's payment too!
  • johnt53johnt53 Member Posts: 3
    What dealership did this deal?
  • lexus_gallexus_gal Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a Lexus Rx 350 Lease. I do not mind it to be a 2013, but they say that they are sold out, so I should get a 2014. Can you guys tell me what it will be a good lease on a 2014 model, I do not care about options...I am looking for a 12k/year for 36 mth or 27 mth. I leave in Nevada, tax is around 8%. I can put $2-3000 down if its necessary. Never did a lease before and I do not want to get screw.
    Thx.
  • gman95gman95 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me the RV and MF for a 2014 RX350 AWD in Philadelphia/South New Jersey for a 27 month lease? Thanks
    2014 RX350 AWD 27mo, 15K/yr lease
    .0010 MF and 67% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dcowboydcowboy Member Posts: 1
    Do you have updated lease numbers for 2013 RX350 AWD, 12K/yr, 27 month vs. 2014 RX350 AWD? Thanks for your effort in the forums; greatly appreciated!
  • cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    Hi Kyfdx,

do you have MF and residual #'s for RX 450h 2014 AWD

36 months 10k/yr? and the 27 month 10k/yr?

Also do you know what the MF buy down per a payment is (through MSD)?

TIA
    2014 RX350 AWD 27mo, 12K/yr lease
    .0010 MF and 69% residual

I'm sorry, but I don't have the 2013 numbers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 RX450h AWD 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .0010 MF and 60% residual 27 month residual is 68%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• refrunnerrefrunner Member Posts: 7
    Do you have the MF & Residual for a 2014 RX350 FWD 12K miles 27 & 36 months please.
    2014 RX350 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .0010 MF and 61% residual

27 month residual is 69%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• orionr6orionr6 Member Posts: 1
    We're in the same market. What #s are you seeing from your dealer? Thx!
  • refrunnerrefrunner Member Posts: 7
    We are in South Florida, just getting started, will let you know what we come up with
  • aj650aj650 Member Posts: 4
    Do you have the MF & Residual for a 2014 RX350 FWD 10K, 12K, and 15K miles for 27 months? Thanks in advance.
    2014 RX350 FWD 27mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00100 MF and 67% residual

Add 2% for 12K/yr residual
    Add 3% for 10K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.