Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi berisky. MSD stands for Multiple Security Deposit. Many banks, including Lexus Financial Services, allow consumers to buy down the money factor that is being used to calculate their vehicle's monthly payment by making extra security deposits. LFS will provide consumers with a reduction of .00010 in the money factor that is used to calculate their vehicle's monthly payment for every additional deposit that they make, up to a maximum of nine additional deposits. Security deposits are equivalent to your vehicle's original monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment. Unfortunately, multiple security deposits are not allowed in New York. Making additional security deposits is a great way to lower your vehicle's monthly payment because unlike a down payment you actually get the money back at the end of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi berisky. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing the Lexus RX 350. You will probably have better luck finding an answer to your question about the installation of Sirius in your truck by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus RX 350".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi calculus. Yes you can lease the Lexus 400h that you are interested in in California if you like in Washington state. The only difference between you leasing this truck from a California dealer and an actual California resident doing so is that you will have to pay Washington sales tax on it instead of California sales tax.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings vrosa. How much time is left on your RX lease? I ask because it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion for feedback on your truck's current market value: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another vehicle or try to sell your current one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zerogravguy. Here is some information on Lexus' new January incentive program for you. Lexus is no longer providing lease money factor support on the 2007 RX 350 this month. It replaced its special money factor on this model with $1,250 dealer cash. This dealer cash will help you to negotiate an attractive selling price for the truck that you want, but if you want to lease it through Lexus Financial Services, you will have to use its standard lease program. LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it should be around .00275 right now for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Its 48 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2007 RX 350 is currently 44%. For leases with only 12,000 miles per year, this residual value would be 2% higher. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi amcdad. Lexus' lease program often varies slightly by region, but Lexus Financial Services buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 RX 400h AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year should be around .00203 and 54%, respectively right now for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hpthpt Member Posts: 3
    Never leased before and have a couple of general questions on Lexus leases:

1. Now that I have missed the December to Remember event, is there another time of year that Lexus runs a promotion with similar incentives or is the December event pretty much it?

2. A co-worker who leased a Lexus (an IS I think) told me that a couple of years into the lease, Lexus offered her the option of turning in her car for the current year model with no increase in payments (just extending the lease essentially, but with the newer car). Is this a fairly common occurrence? Is there a catch?
  • alexisnalexisn Member Posts: 2
    Hi there. I'm considering a lease on a Lexus400H. I've gotten a quote from lexus of cerritos of $45,700 sales price and a lease payment of $757.67 for 48 months with a $2k down payment. What do you think?

Anybody hear of leasing through SouthBank and know anything about it?

Thanks so much,

Alexis
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    Doesn't sound like a good deal to me...I would think you should be able to get that car for closer to $40K...The payment also seems high...What is the money factor they are quoting you? Try Newport Lexus I leased mine there in December and they offered the best deal at that time. There have been lots of bad comments on here about Cerritos.
  • apg97ssapg97ss Member Posts: 21
    very much depends on option packages. AWD drive w NAV rx400h at 45,700 is in ballpark of reasonable deal. this is about 1,000 over invoice. (no way this package would sell for 40k at least in east coast. that would be almost 4k under invoice.) please tell us what options are in.
  • sxylxysxylxy Member Posts: 29
    I almost leased through them. At the last minute, they didn't have the package that I wanted. A friend of mine leased through them 2 months ago and had a good experience. The 350 is going for $389 on their website. When I was looking, I could get the 400h for about the same as the 350, and then over the summer, there was about $100 difference in monthly payment, all else equal. With gas prices lower, I'd say they should be similar again. So look at what others are paying for a similar MSRP 350. $757 is way too high.
  • alexisnalexisn Member Posts: 2
    Hi again all. Options are AWD with premium package incl. Nav. SouthBank has quoted me $690 total/month (incl. tax) with $2,500 due at delivery.

Thoughts?

Alexis
  • apg97ssapg97ss Member Posts: 21
    My thought is that 45,700 is reasonable price for Nav,awd, premium plus pack, rx400h. best i have seen on this site is 45,500. if cpa3 thinks he can buy that car for 40,000, then you should let him buy it for you and pay him commission. i cant comment on how that price turns into lease rate
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Hi Car_man (or anyone else with the current info)! I would like the current money factors (and/or price incentives) and residuals on both the 2007 RX 350 AWD and the 2007 RX 400h AWD (no Nav or entertainment system), 12k miles/year, 3 years, purchased in California but leased in Washington state. Thanks again for the great info available on this forum!
  • cidsparkscidsparks Member Posts: 4
    I am considering an 07 but I hear that 08s r being delivered this month. Madison, NJ area 07s look as if they can be had a good deals. Where will 08s be initially selling closer to invoice or MSRP? Is there any inventory our there?
  • nahreatnahreat Member Posts: 12
    I've been shopping around for the same deal and the 54% is accurate but wasn't too sure about the money factor. I was thinking somewhere between 0.0020-0.0025 but good to know. Another problem I'm having is the invoice price on Edmunds. The '06 is higher than the '07 for some reason? Anyone else run into this? I know cars get more expensive every year but not sure whey edmunds shows the invoice for the '07 to be cheaper than the 06. Can anyone help me with that?
  • salinegsalineg Member Posts: 10
    I am looking for a Money factor that would be used on a 1 payment lease for a 2007 400h. 36 and 48 months. 12000 and 15000 miles.

Can anyone help me?
  • gigi5258gigi5258 Member Posts: 2
    hello everyone, I will need a new car in about 2 months...with the information I provided below, what deal/monthly payment should I consider as a good deal, fair deal? thanks

Lexus RX350 AWD + VN Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package MSRP $45,705 ($38,800 + VN package $6,190 + destination $715)

I live in socal area (near pasadena), I'm considering a 48 or 60 months lease terms 15,000 mile/year

down payment: from $4,000 (my pay off honda accord) up to $7,000
    my credit score is about 730 something

my questions are:
    1. can anyone give me a rough figure of final sale price, monthly payment, down due at lease signed? suppose that i'm able to pay up to 9 Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) then what monthly payment will it be?
    2. I'm not sure if I need full coverage insurance for leasing a car or just liability is good enough?
    3. what lease but-out price is reasonable after 48 and 60 months?

excuse me if my questions sound silly, i've never owned a new car before.
  • gigi5258gigi5258 Member Posts: 2
    PS: the reason I'm considering a 48 or 60 month leasing is because the monthly payment I can make is about $500...but after 4 or 5 years later, i think i'm able to pay it off one time...I can only afford a $700-$800 monthly payment until 2 years later and before that i have to stick with my 10-year-old accord. i just wanna avoid paying to much interests for buying it that's all.

am i wrong?
    I've been working the same deal and the best money factor from Lexus Finance that I've seen is 0.00203 (4.84%) for top tier credit. The Lexus website has a promo for special lease financing for the GS,GSh, and RXh but doesn't say what it special rate is. The dealers will try to not give it to you so just keep on them about a better rate. What dealerships have you been working? Whats the best price you've seen so far?
  • salinegsalineg Member Posts: 10
    I have been quoted 640+tax on a 36 year (think 15000 miles)

2007 400h
    nav
    prem plus
    wood steering wheel

Seems high to me, but i don't have anything to compare it to yet.
    Hi hpt. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In answer to your specific questions, even though you missed the "December to Remember" sales event, Lexus is still running a pretty attractive lease program on the 2007 RX 350.

While some manufacturers run early lease termination programs for current lessees that lets them out of their deals a couple of months early at no charge, if you want to get out of a lease earlier than that you are usually going to end up paying more for your new vehicle than you would have had you waited until the scheduled end of your current lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I would be happy to help you out, briegel. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00217 and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,250 dealer cash that Lexus is providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Lexus Financial Services' 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 RX 400h AWD without the entertainment system are .00203 and 56%, respectively. There is no dealer cash on this model right now.

Both of the aforementioned lease programs assume that you qualify for LFS' "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cidsparks. You're right, I believe that dealers are starting to receive 2008 RXs in February. You will probably get a much better deal on a lease of a 2007 model than you will on a 2008 model right now. Not only will you be able to negotiate a lower selling price on an '07, its money factor is better than the '08 model's, and there is $1,250 dealer cash on the '07.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings salineg. Lexus Financial Services' normal buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 RX 400h AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00203 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher. Consumers who pay for their entire lease in advance, reduce a .00100 reduction in their vehicle's money factor. So this truck's buy rate would drop to .00103 for an advance pay lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gigi5258. A 48 month lease is a little long, but still acceptable, but you definitely shouldn't lease this car for 60 months. Not only is that way too long to lease any vehicle because a lot can happen over the course of five years to make you want / need something different (a change in commute, lifestyle, etc...), but Lexus' special lease program for the RX 350 is only available for a maximum of 48 months. If you lease for longer than that, the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment will be much higher than it should be.

Also, it's never a good idea to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your Honda Accord when you lease your new Lexus, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it instead of using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you would have to pay on this truck right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its approximate selling price. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Lexus Financial Services will likely require you to have full insurance coverage on any vehicle that you lease through it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lineman2lineman2 Member Posts: 5
    In a 3 year 36k lease, other than oil changes what services are mandatory and do most people leasing do the major services i.e. 15 and 30k?
  • cidsparkscidsparks Member Posts: 4
    Thx... I need to buy this car this weekend. Looking at AWD with Nav, Leather..mo DVD...what is a good deal over invoice? Is there another car out there I should look at? I have Infiniti FX35..looking to move a little higher up the scale on this lease or purchase..thank you kindly
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    I have been looking for RX 350 for my wife, and here's the offer my dealer has given. Any thoughts?

2007 RX350 AWD
    Packages - Heated Seats, Rain sensing wipers, Towing Prep, Luxury Value (Leather, etc.)
    MSRP - $41746
    Lease CAP Cost - $38,500
    3 year, 45,000 lease
    Residual - 53% - $22,125.38
    Payment - $598/month + tax
    Lease Factor - I calculated to .00236 based on all the information provided.

I noted there is an additional $1250 dealer cash on this now (2007), and Edmunds TMV price for this is $40,306, less the $1250 and my $38,500 still seems pretty good.

Anything I'm missing?
  • lj233lj233 Member Posts: 4
    Is this .00203 money rate still good now? My dealer won't budge on a .00325 money factor... which I think is outrageously high. I'm looking at a 36 or 48 mo lease on a 2007 RX.
    If you check at Lexus.com and click on RXH, the bottom right of the window it will say "What's New", the first option is "special leasing" deals. It doesn't tell you the apr but it does tell you that the deal goes to April 2. I got my RXH last thursday and I got it at 0.00203. But I do have tier one plus credit which does make a difference. So not sure what your scores are and what dealerships have you tried? Lindsey, Pohanka, Towson all gave me that rate but Annapolis and Rockville wouldn't budge. Shop around and good luck. Call my man Destin in Towson, he is younger and more hungry than all the other internet guys. I'm surprised that some of the other internet guys know how to use a computer. Anyway good luck
    Sorry, I should have said... I am looking at an RX350, not they hybrid. I read on some other post from a couple weeks ago that the money factors were in the .002 range for the RX350. My credit score is 790, so I think the .00325 I'm being quoted is a real rip-off.

Has anyone ever used South Bank Leasing?
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    The lease I signed last night had the Money Factor at .00194. I paid nothing down but 1st payment/tags, and even rolled the ACQ fee into lease. 36 Months / 15K year

$563/month + tax

Having some insurance issues right now though, so I haven't picked the car up yet :( First quote I got from my agent for insurance was WAY more than I expected.
    Did you see the post from Todd in Ohio? He got 0.00194 on a 36mo lease. That's is 4.65% vs. 4.87% that I got for mine. Looks like your credit rocks so I would just stay firm on your offer. I actually ran into a couple of dealers that claimed "our finance guys have to make money too"! WTF is that all about. Anyway, shop a couple of dealerships and see what you can do. Also it depends on the area you live in too. Wealthier areas don't move b/c they know most people will cave in b/c a couple thousand bucks doesn't really matter to them. Crazy huh... Just know that most dealers are overstocked with suv's and most mid-sized sedans like the BMW 530xi, A6, Acura RL etc...that are in direct competition with SUVs all have AWD now. Most places are sitting on so many of the RX350s right now. Anyway good luck
    Thanks for the replies. I'm in Tampa, FL. RX inventories are pretty low here. They lowered the rate to .00265, but that's still equivalent to 6.36%. If only I lived in Ohio... that's closer to what I was expecting to pay!
  • soulmamasoulmama Member Posts: 25
    What was your final price on the RXH?
    Hey check it out man, the dealership that told me "our finance guys have to make money too" just sent me another email. Check out the site and see what the deal is. I know the deals vary from region to region so... but just chekc it out anyway. Ask the dealer straight out what the buy rate is and insist on seeing the finance rate from LFS. good luck

http://www.lexusofannapolis.com/ou/annapolis-lexus/?make=lexus
    i got it for $45,678. Nav, premium, 18" wheels, towing package, wood steering wheel, cargo and floor mats. pretty standard options. the deal was supposed to be 1k over invoice but i didn't insist on seeing the invoice b/c i got my target price so...what numbers did you get?
  • action80action80 Member Posts: 2
    I was told Lexus of Orlando was having great lease deals on leftover 2007 RX350s. I have never leased a car before but since leaving the dealer with these numbers I began doing some leasing research. I used a couple of different calculators including the one on this site and my numbers do not match the dealer. When the sales manager called back and I told him out numbers do not match, he said the internet calculators are inaccurate. Here are his numbers. Thanks

MSRP-40,400
    Price-38,500
    Down payment-4300.00
    36 months
    1200 miles
    tax-6.5%
    Residual-54%
    Money Factor .00265
    Monthly Payment---$596.00 less one month
  • gtophgtoph Member Posts: 22
    Didn't run the numbers, but somehow I doubt "internet calculators are inaccurate". Maybe within a penny, but big whoop. Try the calculators on http://www.bankrate.com and see if they match. If they do, let the dealer know he's full of BS and walk out.
    I just leased an 07 RX350 from Lexus of Orlando.

MSRP 40,301
    Price 34,525
    36mo/12k, same residual and money factor
    $1000 down (incl 1st month), $550/mo

I was told I was getting one of only two 07s left at the $40k MSRP.

$38,500 is way too high for an 07. Lexus of Sarasota quoted me $37,200 for a 2008.
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Car_man or anyone else,

This will be my first time leasing so I am very new to this process. I am looking to lease a 2007 Rx350 AWD with the following packages: FT,HH,NV,PT,TO,WL,C1. In other words, the options are 18" wheels, heated front seats w/ rain sensing wipers, navigation system, premium plus package, towing prep package, wheel locks, and cargo mat.

For the above vehicle I was quoted an MSRP of $38,800 + $6191 for the options + $715 destination charge for a total MSRP of $45706. For a 2 year, 15,000 miles/year lease the dealer is quoting me a total cap price of $42,463 and a residual value of $26,966.

My questions:

1) Does my total cap. price seem fair?
    2) I have one month left on my lease of an Acura SUV. The dealer is offering to pay for the last month on my lease. How should I value this when I enter in numbers in the Edmunds lease calculator? In other words, where should I factor in this number?
    2) What should the residual be for the above options on a 2yr 15k/yr lease?
    3) What should the money factor be for someone who qualifies for tier 1 credit. What about tier2? I was told I am tier 2 but that they were able to get me into tier 1.
    4) How do you (car_man) get the residual values and money factors that you cite? Should I be able to get exactly the money factor and residual values you cite?
    5) Why does the money factor depend on the options my vehicle has?
    6) On the edmunds lease calculator you have fields for "miles driven per year". Why does this matter if I enter an explicit residual value in the calculator? As I understand it the mileage I buy should only affect the residual value.

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but I really appreciate your help!
    Hello lineman2. All lessees really have to do is change their vehicles' oil every several thousand miles and perhaps rotate their tires every once in a while to avoid excess wear that they will have to pay for at lease-end. In my opinion, performing any more maintenance than that on a leased vehicle is a waste of money.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cidsparks. In addition to the Lexus RX 350, you may also want to check out the Mercedes ML350, the Acura RDX, and the Audi Q7. I would say the Acura MDX, but there is not currently any lease support available on it. Take a look at the following discussion to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now: "Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi toddturner. Given the fact that Lexus is currently providing $1,250 dealer cash on the 2007 RX 350 and that the 2008 model is already available, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that you mentioned if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you comparison shop a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi action80. I see that you are considering making a $4,300 down payment on the RX 350 that you are interested in. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off leasing your RX without making any sort of cap cost reduction, even though it means you will have a higher monthly payment.

As far as this deal goes, the money factor looks good, but I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that you were quoted if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. You are only being given a $1,900 discount on this truck. This is really only like a $650 discount once the $1,250 dealer cash that is available on the '07 RX 350 is taken into account. See if you can negotiate a lower price than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi richz. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a better price than the $42,463 that you were quoted. This price represents a discount of $3,250 from MSRP, but this drops to only $2,000 once the $1,250 dealer cash is taken into account. This is on a truck that likely has a spread of more than $5,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Not to mention the fact that the 2008 model is already at dealers, making them more anxious to unload their remaining '07 models.

The fact that the dealer that you are working with is making your final payment on your Acura for you is eating into the discount that you would normally be able to negotiate on your RX.

Lexus Financial Services' current 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Lexus RX 350 without the entertainment system option are .00275 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The options that your vehicle has does not have any impact upon its money factor, but it may have an impact upon its residual values. Unfortunately, I am not aware of a resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Are you sure about the residual value being only 59%? This seems only very very slightly higher than after 3 years/15,000 miles. Also, I have seen people posting money factors lower than 0.002 in this thread. Was there some sort of support from Lexus that has now ended?

In my original post I asked how you are getting the residual values and money factors. Do you have some sort of inside knowledge? I am asking this so I know how much I can trust your numbers if I try and negotiate with the dealer.

Finally, what do you think about a 24 month lease vs a 36 month lease? I was thinking I could lease for 36 months and try to find someone to takeover my lease for the last 12 months if I don't want to keep the car any longer. I read the articles you linked to in your reply already.

Thanks.
  • ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    hi, i saw lots well almost all discussions of price, can any1 tell when the next generation of the rx is coming? cause i found out today the new generation of lx is coming, which will be lx 570 v8 will be the first live appearance offically by lexus on april the 4. at ny auto show...but i am more interested when the rx next gener will be coming can any1 tell me, and the current generation which is this ? because i wasn't a fan of lexus before to be honest but now i am . so can any1 tell me which is this current rx generation?
    Yep, I'm sure. Lexus Financial Services' 24 month, 15k residual value for a base '07 RX 350 AWD is 59%. The number for an otherwise identical 36 month lease is 53%. Lexus was providing a special lease money factor on the '07 RX 350 in February, but this program is no longer available in March. For March it moved its special money factor to the 2008 model. The above numbers are definitely right, but you don't have to trust them if you don't want to.

A 36 month lease will definitely provide you with a lower monthly payment than a 24 month lease would, but don't count on being able to easily find someone to assume the final year of a three year lease. Finding a consumer who is willing to assume your lease payment is often a lot easier said than done. Lessees often find that they have to sweeten their deal by paying money out of their own pocket to entice someone to take over their deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.