Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• socalguy61socalguy61 Member Posts: 10
    I know Lexus has a "special" deal on leases for the RX models through 1/2/08. Question....

What is the lease rate and residual for an '08 RX400 FWD, 36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year? Is there a standard acquisition fee, and if so, how much?

Thanks!!
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    Does anyone have the December 2007 and/or december sales event Lexus lease rates?

I am most interested in the GS.
  • cindystarcindystar Member Posts: 8
    HI I AM A YOUNG LADY IN NY AND I WANT TO GET A GREAT DEAL ,PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    WHAT IS THE BEST FOLLOWING:
    RESIDUAL?
    TOTAL MONEY DOWN?
    MONEY FACTOR?
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT?
    TOTAL END BUYOUT?
    FOR 36 OR 27 MONTHS
    WITH 10-12000 MILES PER YR :blush::blush: ETC
    IF YOU HAVE A REFERRAL OR GREAT DEAL FTOM SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    FOR THE NEW LEXUS RX 350 FULLY FULLY
    LOADED WITH NAVI
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, njdriver1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wantabentley. Lexus' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. I'm not sure if LFS offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does the residual value for that would probably be 1% higher.

You should be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay for the RX 350 that you want by checking out the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion. If I was in the market for this truck right now and I was in an area that had a good level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jmgoldsmith. The RX that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $5,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $4,000 discount that you were quoted probably puts you at around $1,000 over invoice, which is a pretty good deal. You can compare this offer to the prices that other community members have recently paid for similar vehicles by visiting the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, Lexus recently introduced its December to Remember sales event. Lexus Financial Services' new 48 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. If you haven't leased yet, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this money factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car_man, in my post above I meant to say 2008 RX350
  • nilay1nilay1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    Does anyone know the money factor and cap cost reduction on the 1-pay lease - for RX350 - w/premium plus package - I was being offered one with .00095 MF and 54% residual - for a 12K/36 mon lease
    Thanks in advance.
  • rostikbrostikb Member Posts: 8
    hi everyone. i'm looking for the '08 RX 350 to lease for 36 months, 12K, premium plus with Navi, heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, mats, wheel lock, roof rack w/ cross bars, nothing down, tier 1 credit, $1400 at signing (first month, $600 bank fee, $215 paperwork & plates) for $585/month with tax included. how does that sound? should i try bargaining more and to what level?

by the way, does the premium plus w/navi also have back-up camera?

Thanks!!!!
    Hi Jim. Are you sure that the RX 350 that you are interested in has the Performance Package? I thought that was a $4,000 option. If one adds four grand to the $39,565 base MSRP of the '08 RX 350 AWD it comes to a lot more than $41,796. Hmmm. Anyhow, the '08 RX 350 AWD has a spread of at least $4,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of around $3,000. This isn't a bad offer. If you were in an area that has a high level of competition, like New York or California I would say that you can do better but I doubt that there is nearly as much competition in Minnesota so this may just be the going rate for this truck in your area.

As far as the money factor goes, Lexus just enhanced its lease program on the RX 350 as part of its annual December to Remember sales event. Its buy rate for it is now .00155 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. This is obviously a lot lower than the .00245 that you were quoted. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses the new buy rate to calculate your monthly payment,

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings avgjoe1. Lexus did enhance its lease program on these trucks. Last week it rolled out its annual December to Remember sales event. Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factors are .00155 for the '08 RX 350 and .00215 for the '08 RX 400h for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

If you are in an area that has a high level of competition, I suspect that you should easily be able to do $500 to $1,000 over the dealer invoice prices that are listed here at Edmunds.com on these trucks. In areas that have less competition, you may have to pay a little more than that. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" and "Lexus RX 400h Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussions to see how much other community members have paid for these trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newbie23. This is absolutely a good time to lease an RX 350. In fact, it is probably the best time to lease one. December is usually a pretty time to purchase or lease a new vehicle as dealers are often motivated to blow vehicles out to make their annual numbers look better. On top of this, Lexus runs its biggest sales event of the year during December. Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 RX 350 is .00155. It's .00215 for the '08 RX 400h.

As far as how much you should pay for these trucks goes, if you are in an area that has a high level of competition, I suspect that you should easily be able to do $500 to $1,000 over the dealer invoice prices that are listed here at Edmunds.com on these trucks. In areas that have less competition, you may have to pay a little more than that. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" and "Lexus RX 400h Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussions to see how much other community members have paid for these trucks lately.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but I suspect that a 48 month lease of either of these models would have a lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease would.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jim53. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. I haven't looked into the details of LFS' multiple security deposit program in a while, but the last time that I checked it provided a .00010 reduction in vehicles' money factor for every additional deposit, up to a maximum of nine.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings johndem1350. I haven't seen this truck's specific lease program for your area, but in the areas that I have seen it for Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 400h FWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, Ken. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out in the past. Let's see what we can do for you on your next lease. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Navigation does not have any impact upon this vehicle's residual values, but the entertainment system does. The residuals for models that have the entertainment system are 2% lower than vehicles that do not have it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, amybwhite. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 FWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. You are being given a $3,468 discount on this truck. It probably has a spread of around $5,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If so, then the price that you were quoted is around $1,500 over invoice. That isn't bad, but if you are in an area that has a high level of competition I would not be surprised if you would be able to beat it by a little bit and do $500 to $1,000 over. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • amybwhiteamybwhite Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car-Man!
    I really need your help. I posted once before & got no response, so I decided to send this to you personally hoping you would respond. I live in Alabama and have 3 options of dealerships in the State. I most recently got a quote on the 2008 RX 350 FWD. This is for the Basic SUV, Luxury Value Edition, Memory Drivers Seat, Rainsensing wipers, Towing Prep Package, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Power Liftgate, 18" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, with XM Radio included. MSRP was quoted as $40,878. Sales price given to me was $38,200. (36 month lease/15,000 miles per year) A .00175 Money Factor was quoted for Tier 1 (IS THIS TOO HIGH? I HAD BEEN SEEING .00155 ON SOME Of THE FORUMS), with a residual value of 54% (Again, is this the correct residual?....somewhere I read it should be 55%). 3% Lease Tax for Alabama. I was quoted a monthly payment of $595.31. Could I do better? I am wanting to purchase the 1st week of December, and COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEDGE!!!!! THANKS!!!!!
  • carat12carat12 Member Posts: 4
    I was just quoted a price for a 08 RX350 AWD, Nav
    MSRP 45756
    Cap Cost of 41819
    36 Months
    18K miles per year
    MF .00155
    incl NJ Tax 673.51 per month
    Is that a good deal?
  • johndem1350johndem1350 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,
    Can you tell me which areas are offering the money factor and RV your talking about? I was offered a MF of 0.00235 and RV of 52% out in Mission Viejo, California. Thanks for the help.
  • jqriggsjqriggs Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Can you please tell me if this is a good deal on a Rx 350 awd lease in the Philadephia area:
    18,000 miles w/Nav
    4090 due at start (includes tax, cash cap reduction)
    36 mos
    Money factor 0.00155
    Residual 54%
    MSRP 45,756.00
    22,908.24 residual amount
    Monthly payment = 593.74
    Any feedback is appreciated.
  • koberrykoberry Member Posts: 28
    Hi Carman:

Thanks again for your help. Wow, it's hard to roll back into another RX. I'm just coming to the end of a 36 month lease on an RX330 and the residual was 59% on that car... I think I'll look at the X3 as residuals appear to be around 65%! I'd appreciate any update on the X3 mf/residual over on that car's board.

Thanks again,

Ken

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    You're very welcome, Ken. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out in the past. Let's see what we can do for you on your next lease. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Navigation does not have any impact upon this vehicle's residual values, but the entertainment system does. The residuals for models that have the entertainment system are 2% lower than vehicles that do not have it.

Car_man
    Host
  • riminirimini Member Posts: 31
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to share the deal I got on 12/3/2007 on Lexus RX 350 w/Nav Black on Black:

36 Months/10K

$1500 Out of Pocket - $561 first payment + bank fee + NY DMV fees
    Monthly Payment - $561

I think it's a pretty good deal considering I've called about 25 dealers before landing this deal.

Gene K
  • rostikbrostikb Member Posts: 8
    Hi Gene. Can you tell me where did you get that deal? I was able to find $585 on the 12K lease for the Premium + with NAV.

Please let me know.
    Thanks.
  • faulkfaulk Member Posts: 2
    end of november traded in my old rx for a newbie

36months/12K

$2,000 out of pocket (inc 1st month,bank fees,taxes,cap cost reduction)
    monthly = $450
    I got it from Lexus of Edison, NJ
    There is a guy in sales named Viraaj - tell him you are from Mark Yuzovitskiy who leased RX 350 from him this past Monday.
    Please, let me know how it goes:)

Good Luck
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Member Posts: 14
    Faulk, can you please provide us more details like what is the msrp and what is the residual and money factor. When you trade in your old RX did you put that as down payment? Is the 450 includes tax? Thanks.
  • patsfan2patsfan2 Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted the following from my local Lexus dealer
    Lexus RX 350 AWD
    $599/mo with $1500 total out of pocket.
    3 years & 36k.
    money factor .001550 tier 1 credit
    MSRP $45700 on the premium + navigation/DVD with heated seats and 7 spoke liquid graphite rims.

is this a good deal?
  • patsfan2patsfan2 Member Posts: 2
    Gene
    I dont believe that your dealer has included the sales tax,
    An RX 350 with navigation and based on your figure of 1500 down, the best you'd be looking at is roughly 600/mo. give or take a few dollars.
    at 561.00 per month and 1500 down they would be below cost on that vehicle and losing money on the deal. not possible.
  • faulkfaulk Member Posts: 2
    akhi2006-

$450/mth includes the tax....

msrp was ~$43,100
    residual is $24,100 not sure about money factor.....
    got credit towards the cap because my old leased rx was in good condition.

good luck!
  • jules08jules08 Member Posts: 3
    I posted a longer version of my experience on the "prices paid". But this is in response to the patsfan2/gene $561 discussion.

I leased FWD, nav, prem +, tow prep, mats, wheel locks, heat w/rs, 5 spoke alloy (MSRP 44371). My cap cost was 39,900 (including the 600 acq fee). According to AAA's website it's $193 over invoice.

I wrote a check for 937.71 for 1st mo + title/reg/fees + doc fee + tire tax at the dealer's. (With the fairly low money factor, .00155, I didn't see the need to put more down)

I have 36 mo/36,000 mi and my payments are 561.25 (which includes los angeles county tax)
  • socalguy61socalguy61 Member Posts: 10
    Jules, which dealer?
    You are right on target Patsfan2:) I got the car at $1000 below invoice. Whether you believe me or not is up to you. Call Lexus of Edison and mention the name of Mark Yuzovitskiy (name of the actual leasee). Also, just to clarify things, the included tax and DMV fees were for Pennsylvania and not NY. The tax for PA is 9%. When dealer sells the car at below invoice he still makes money on the deal, just less money))) The dealer has a so-called cashback incentive from the manufacturer.

Good Luck!

Gene K
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Hi Gene,

Congrats on your new Lexus.

I am in the market for the same vehicle. When I calculated your lease numbers, it appears you paid slightly over invoice price (not below). Your list price must have been approx, $45,866, up front fees must have been around $1,000, 36 month residual 10k should be 57%, money factor .00155, $1500 out of pocket, 9% sales tax. If these numbers are correct, you paid slightly above invoice price ($40,700).

Still a great deal.
  • gotlogos1gotlogos1 Member Posts: 5
    My dealership in Houston charged us .00225 for our money factor on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year.

We were told we had excellent credit. I am seeing money fatcors here of .00155. Is this what we were supposed to get during the sales event in December? and...can I get this rectified if so?
    Just to add to this information - the dealership said they were absorbing the sales tax on this vehicle as part of their promotion for December. Is there normally a sales tax that is added to the purchase price of a LEASE or is it normally added to the monthly payment?

Here is the deal we made:

2008 Lexus RX 350 FWD w/ Nav, Prem. Plus, Heated seats & Rain sensing wipers, Liquid Graphite 18 inch wheels, Cargo mat and wheel locks
    $44,466.00 MSRP
    + $300.00 Front Tinted Windows (dealer installed)
    + $200.00 pin stripe
    ========
    $44,966.00

$41,000.00 (Paid, savings of $3, 966.00)
    + $134.05 (Title, License, Registration fees)
    + $600.00 (Acquisition fee)
    + $506.00 (L&M fee and Doc fee)
    ========
    $42,240.05 (total capitalized cost for the LEASE)

$632.70 monthly (36 month/ 36K Lease with .00225 money factor, $632.70 due at signing which was first month payment)

(Dealer provides free loaner car for services except oil change and free pickup and delivery for any major service such as the 15K service. All services are free for first 25K - I am assuming this is standard for any Lexus new car lease or purchase? Except for the free pickup and delivery for the 15K service?)

It appears from this forum that the BUY rate for this lease is .00155 from LFS to the dealer, during the December to Remember Sales Event. The dealer has to work from this. I understand there will probably be some mark-up, but at this point, I am wondering if I paid too much of a mark-up at .00225? I am not sweating it though, I didn't find this forum until too late. I am educated for my next rendevous. They did start at .00255 and reduced it to .00225. They themselves told us we had excellent credit.

I would appreciate any feedback on this deal and also, what are the facts with sales tax on a lease? Did I indeed receive a 'special deal' on this that you normally don't get outside of their sales events, where they 'absorb' the sales tax cost? They charged the L&M fee (1.25 percent) as part of that 'deal', giving me a net savings on sales tax of about 1800.00 or so (??).

The market is Houston, Texas.

TIA for any feedback!
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I'm not sure how it is done in Texas, but in Washington the sales tax is added to each lease payment. You didn't state the residual used in your lease calculation, but assuming it is 56% (which is what CarMan provided in earlier posts) then I get a lease payment of $625.56 without adding any tax. A calculation using the Tier-1+ money factor of .00155 gives a lease payment of $578.37. Adding a 9.1% tax to that would give a payment of $631.00. I think your dealer is "absorbing" the sales tax (and more) by charging you the much higher money factor! Deceptive!
    Thanks briegel...It appears in Texas, not sure, but you pay the tax up front otherwise, no matter what the promotion, they would have to show a monthly breakout of the sales tax on the financing disclosure, which they do not, it simply lists the payment.

Two dealerships mentioned this sales tax promotion, so I think it is very legitimate. I would like to hear what other Sales event customers have experienced this month.

Maybe it is because of the sales tax absorption, basically a gimmick (shrugs), that they may not have had the room to provide a lower money factor. But I am sure I could have negotiated a few points lower if I knew their buy rate.

Overall I feel good about the deal, but i woul dfeel very good if I could confirm that I indeed saved a legit 1.5-2 grand in the deal via sales tax gimmick.

And of course, I learned much from the experience and I do love the car.
  • amybwhiteamybwhite Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car man. Just leased my 2008 Lexus RX last Friday. Decided not to get Navigation System. Felt I didn't really need it. Anyway, here is the deal I got with the Lexus Dealer in Birmingham, AL.

Got the 2008 Lexus RX Luxury Value Edition, with memory seats, rainsensing wipers, and towing prep package for $37,000. 36 month lease with .00155 money factor, 15,000 miles per year. Monthly payment including lease tax is $546. Paid $965.00 up-front fees. Considering there is not much competition for the dealer in our area, I feel I got a pretty good deal. I'm VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW LEXUS!!! Thanks for your help.
    You essentially got the equivalent of the "December to Remember" promotion money factor (.00155) and paid the sales tax (rolled into the lease payment). They just played games with how they presented it to you.
    Just to make sure we have FACTS here, to help us all...They spoke of L&M money and this was listed on the sales/lease contract as part of the fees.

They mentioned that Lexus, not them, was payin 5 percent of the sales tax. Subtracted from our 6.25 percent rate in Texas for new car purchases. They essentially aborbed about 1800.00. We paid the other 1.25 percent via the L&M fee itemization.

They started at .00255 at the one dealership in town and when we mentioned to the dealership that we eventually bought from that the other dealership offered .00225 money factor, they matched it with no questions.

Both dealers volunteered the sales tax promotion info so I don't think this was a sales gimmick/sleazy tactic ONE of the dealers used. I think it is a GIMMICK but somehow it comes from LFS and is either regional or national. The GIMMICK does seem to save you money but its playing games, confusing to the customer, I certainly would rather not play games.

I'm just curious if other purchasers this month were told about the sales tax promotion and what kind of MF they paid. I want to know if we way over paid on the MF. If so, I have issues with my local dealership. Of course it is contingent on what the bottom line out-the-door lease payment was...i.e. if they did indeed play games with numbers but we still got a good overall deal because they gave us a higher discount on the car, then ok, but I know next time I will be a much better informed lease customer.
    That promotion must be regional. They (LFS) are getting the sales tax promotion covered by a higher money factor than is available in other parts of the country. It probably works out to be about the same.
    Yes...I am thinking it must be regional as I don't see anyone here talkign about it...

They do mention that there is x amount of taxes and fees rolled up into the monthly payment. Bottom lin eis- if it is tax deducatible...you need ot be able to separate out that tax...
  • jules08jules08 Member Posts: 3
    Longo Lexus through their Internet dept (This is the 4th car my husband and I have bought/leased from Longo Internet dept.) I would recommend them for Toyota and Lexus. They don't tack on "paint protection" "lojack" or any "extras" as many of the other SoCal dealers seem to do. We have found the best price their, probably because they are the biggest dealer in SoCal.
  • frombostonfromboston Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the 400h qualifies for the Dec to Remember lease money factor of .00155 posted elsewhere on these forums. I am being told the mf for the hybrid is .00275 and that the lower mf is only for the gas RX. I am getting a good discount off MSRP of $3,000. Thanx!
    briegel, was this money factor on a 400h or the gas RX? Thanx, John
    My understanding is that the .00155 money factor is for the RX 350...the 400h money factor is .00215. These are both for Tier-1+ credit.
    Thank you so much! I thought I was getting taken!
    John
  • kendallcatkendallcat Member Posts: 8
    I just got back from the dealership and here is the offer they made to me on a 36 month lease on a new RX350 - I wanted to see what everyone thought concerning if this was a good deal or not. The deal is for $507 a month, and I am paying the first month, lic, fees.. in the amount of $1500 to sign and walk away with the vehicle. The money factor is good at .00135, and I have not seen any deals as good as this one. The only caveat is that I have to do it by the 2nd of January. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • tacomaboytacomaboy Member Posts: 35
    Can you give more details? How many miles per year is this? That sounds like a great deal to me.
  • kendallcatkendallcat Member Posts: 8
    The mileage is 12K a year for 3 years. For 15K in mileage it goes up to the high $520's. I was offered the deal a few days ago, but I was looking at another vehicle as well from a different brand. They started to change the numbers at the other auto brand so I walked away from the deal despite having taken the care home that night for the wife to see. We were 99% sure we were going to do the deal, but when I looked at the numbers I told my wife we can get a Lexus for that amount so I went back to Lexus to see where we were. Thanks for the feedback.
This discussion has been closed.