Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Car_man-

Can you create a new thread for the 2010 Mazda3??
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi aviboy97. That sounds like a great discussion for the Future Vehicles section of the CarSpace forums. Here's a link for your convenience: Future Vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    I really hope you didn't end up leasing this car for $380 per month. You could get a loan for $20,500, 60 months 6% for $396. Just $16 more and you could own it. You need to rethink that one.
  • steavossteavos Member Posts: 4
    Well, of course, comparing the long term purchase numbers to a lease doesn't make sense, right? I'm looking for a lease for certain reasons (business write off, new/different car in three years, etc.) that make the lease more appealing - so where should I be for a zero down lease? I'm looking for the best LEASE deal, not the lowest amount out of pocket overall....

Thx...
  • tarheelbmwtarheelbmw Member Posts: 14
    Car Man,

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

My girlfriend is looking at a 2009 Mazda 3s Sedan Grand Touring with the Moonroof/Bose Pkg (2MC) and a rear wing spoiler (RSW). The MSRP is 23925 and the dealer quoted us a sale price of 20,488 which I believe is a very good deal.

However, I am unaware of the current residual values and Money factors for 24mo/12k and 36/12k leases on this vehicle. Might you have those figures available? I believe these would be different from the 5-door model, but I apologize for wasting your time if these values are idenitcal.
    No problem, tarheelbmw. You're right, the lease program for the sedan is slightly different than the program for the 5-Door. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3 S Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00229 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfz1dfz1 Member Posts: 6
    In September I made my Mazda 5 lease payment. The company mis-posted the amount and processed the check for $90.00 less than what it should have been. I made my October payment.

In the last 24 hours I have received four phone calls from very rude individuals who each have given me a different story as to why I was late $90.00. I responded to the first call prior to researching the issue and stated I would send the amount immediately. I was then called three more times after that and was told they did not have an automated system to record the first calls.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given the name of an individual who does not even exist in the company. I was given a fax number and faxed a copy of the check to that number. When I went to call the person I had faxed it too I was told he did not exist in the company. Eventually after four more calls I found that in fact the fax was received and the issue was being researched.

Conclusion undoubtedly the most rude, arrogant and dishonest company I have ever done business with. I personally would not buy any product from Ford Motor company in the future including Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln etc. If you do I would strongly recommend not financing through either Ford credit or Mazda.

While the financial future of this company in tenuous they have decided to abuse the customer probably as a strategy to maintain a dwindling cash flow. I also will not do business with the dealer Scott Mazda in Allentown PA.

I have filed a report with the FTC re the harassment by Ford Motor Company by telephone. The number of calls especially given the amount was excessive. The manner of the call agents varies from passive aggressive to out right hostel. These are cruel nasty people. They seem to find pleasure in harassing their consumers.
  • dfz1dfz1 Member Posts: 6
    In September I made my Mazda 5 lease payment. The company mis-posted the amount and processed the check for $90.00 less than what it should have been. I made my October payment.

In the last 24 hours I have received four phone calls from very rude individuals who each have given me a different story as to why I was late $90.00. I responded to the first call prior to researching the issue and stated I would send the amount immediately. I was then called three more times after that and was told they did not have an automated system to record the first calls.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was given the name of an individual who does not even exist in the company. I was given a fax number and faxed a copy of the check to that number. When I went to call the person I had faxed it too I was told he did not exist in the company. Eventually after four more calls I found that in fact the fax was received and the issue was being researched.

Conclusion undoubtedly the most rude, arrogant and dishonest company I have ever done business with. I personally would not buy any product from Ford Motor company in the future including Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Lincoln etc. If you do I would strongly recommend not financing through either Ford credit or Mazda.

While the financial future of this company in tenuous they have decided to abuse the customer probably as a strategy to maintain a dwindling cash flow. I also will not do business with the dealer Scott Mazda in Allentown PA.

I have filed a report with the FTC re the harassment by Ford Motor Company by telephone. The number of calls especially given the amount was excessive. The manner of the call agents varies from passive aggressive to out right hostel. These are cruel nasty people. They seem to find pleasure in harassing their consumers.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Car_man-

Host, can we please do something about dfz1 post regarding his displeasure with Mazda Credit. He has posted in every Mazda thread. It's not really necessary.
  • ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello all. I am purchasing a new Mazda 3 5-door and have a few questions. I really want the factory installed navigation in my car so does anyone know how it works? I know the graphics may be a little outdated but as long as it works effectively, that's what I want. Secondly, I was thinking about purchasing a cold air intake to give my car more power but how will it affect my gas mileage. I mean am I gonna sacrifice 2mpg or more? And the third issue I had was I was thinking about putting the spoiler from the Masdaspeed 3 on my Mazda 3. But my friend says that will also affect my gas mileage a little. Cmon! I mean how much heavier is the other spoiler. And lastly, should I get it in black or metroplolitan grey? Both gorgeous colors. Thanks!
  • allan_mazdaallan_mazda Member Posts: 2
    Hi there I am Allan and I would think you will have trouble finding that particular car and also leasing one that old. It would be darn near impossible to lease one that old but if you find one please let me know that would be new to me and I would love to know how you did it.....

Thank You
    Allan
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Allan..

The message you replied to is over 3 years old.. Come back to the future!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• atsenbatsenb Member Posts: 34
    Hi Car man,

Do you have the lease rates for 2009 MAZDA3 i Sport 4-Door AT
    2009 MAZDA3 5-Door s Sport for 12k/24m/36m and 10k/24m/36m?

Thanks!

atsenb
    Here you go, atsenb. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00237 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00147 and 60%.

Mazda's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda 3s 5-Door Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 68%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00157 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • azbriankazbriank Member Posts: 20
    Car Man, do you have anything on the MazdaSpeed 3?
    Thanks!
    Hi azbriank. Unfortunately, Mazda is not currently providing any lease support on the MazdaSpeed3. As a result, it really does not make sense to lease one at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • jicbulkjicbulk Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car_man,

When you have a moment, can you post the lease rates for January for a 2009 Mazda3SGT with 5spd for 24 and 36 months with 12k and 15k miles/year? Thanks.
  • everlastingeverlasting Member Posts: 3
    For 2009 Mazda3 i touring 4 door and s sport 4 door
    and s sport 5 door - need the residuals and money factors
    for these 3 models based on the current manufacturer supported
    lease program of 36 months/12,000 miles - thanks.
    Here you go, jicbulk. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3 Sedan s GT with 15,000 miles per year are .00237 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 52%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, everlasting. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Mazda3 s Sport Sedan are exactly the same.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Mazda3 s Sport 5-Door are .00137 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank You!
    You're very welcome, jicbulk.

Car_man
    Host
    Thought I'd pass on my experience with the end of my lease.

I went back to the originating dealer with my '07ST with 2 months to go. I was at ~24.5k miles (out of 27k). I figured that they would be drooling over the chance to get my mint car (well cared for - spotless inside and out, oil changed and tires rotated every 5k miles) on the lot. Optimistically I figured they might even give me some extra $ towards a new lease/finance of an '09 or '10 Mazda.

Wrong. Right now the dealers are getting killed by Mazda American Credit and can't get a better deal than the Residual in the contract. MAC would rather take the cars to auction to get more $. Tulley Mazda in Nashua is a great dealer, and gave me owner loyalty ca$h (passed on by Mazda) and invoice pricing on a new car...but that was it. Nothing more. The deal on the table was $335/mo for a '09SGT with AutoDim Mirror and Moonroof/Stereo. The price for the car ~$22k.

I did call a different Mazda dealer and they didn't even want me to bring the car to them! "Just bring it back to the original dealer."

For that money, I shopped around and stumbled into a deal for a '07 BMW 328i with 16k miles....I loved my 3ST, but the 328 is a different planet!

I dropped off the 3ST yesterday and I will miss it. The Biz Mgr there said that Mazda should come pick it up in a couple of weeks. Fare thee well...
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Rarely does a dealer buy an off lease car. The normal process is for them to go to auction. Dealers get enough trade-ins from purchases, they don't need the off lease stuff.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • teeitup66teeitup66 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

I was thinking of leasing a Mazda HB, but it seems that leasing this particular car is not a good deal. Is this still the case today?
    Hi teeitup66. The Mazda3's current lease program isn't the best that I have ever seen, but it's actually not that bad...particularly given how many manufacturers have pulled back significantly on their lease support in recent months.

Car_man
    Host
  • humblehyperhumblehyper Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, I have a Mazda 3 i sport leased for 2 years and so far I've made 7 payments already. Is it possible to trade this in for another new Mazda maybe the 2010 model but instead of leasing another one I will finance it? Is this feasible? Thanks much.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    You can do this, but the issue with that is..... Your pay off versus your trade in value, if they can be equal or your trade value is more than your pay off than you are in good shape. Since you have only made 7 payments, I am not sure you will be able to do it. I am in the same boat. I am 12mths into the lease, I really would like to get out, but I will wait. I will try to see exactly where I stand in a couple months though, just for kicks.

Get your pay off, than get a trade in value, but expect a lower real world trade value now days.

Good Luck!
  • cheeseplzcheeseplz Member Posts: 5
    When you say that mazda is not offering any lease support on the MS3, does that mean you can't lease one (never leased before so I dont really know how they work) or are you saying that there aren't any good deals on them? Sorry if thats a stupid question but I wasn't sure if the MS3 is exempt from leasing or something since it is never included in any "incentive" based deals.

P.S.- Sorry I'm basing this off a 3 month old post.
  • z2adambombz2adambomb Member Posts: 18
    hi cheese,
    I've been after an MS3 lease for a little while now and what I've found is that the local mazda dealers in the raleigh/durham area won't apply any incentives on MS3's... most of the mazda3 incentives are unfortunately for the non speed models. You can of course negotiate the buying price down and base a lease off that, but I don't believe the money factor used will result in a great lease deal. You'd have to confirm with carman what the current MF and residual values are on the MS3 to know for sure. I'm not sure if MS3s are just selling well or what, but the dealers here didn't seem to be willing to bargain quite as hard on them as with their other models or other car companies. VW has good incentives/leases on the GTI, and Subaru is not selling well locally here, so they're offering better lease deals on the WRX. Both of those might be good competitors to check out, you may end up with a better lease deal on them.
  • cheeseplzcheeseplz Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the input bomb. Yeah I've seemed to notice the same thing here in PA with the MS3. I will definately look into the other cars you suggested and see what their offers are, thanks again.
  • z2adambombz2adambomb Member Posts: 18
    I just saw that Mazda has offered $1000 in rebate cash on 09 mazdaspeed3's for the month of April. In the fine print it says there are no restrictions on the offer. Can this money be used in a lease? I've been shut down from using rebates in lease negotiations in the past, but if this works, it could lead to a good deal. thanks!
    Hi z2adambomb. Unfortunately, Mazda is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2009 MazdaSpeed3 in April.

Car_man
    Host
  • jonfra7jonfra7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please tell me the residual and money factor for a 3 year lease with 10K miles/year for a 2010 Mazda 3, 5 door touring package?
    Are there any incentives/rebates for 2010 Mazda 3, 5 door leases?

Thanks,
  • ls1momls1mom Member Posts: 1
    Mazda is running a lease deal for April 09, for $229/month for 36 months, per their main website. The "AT" means automatic transmission, correct? That's what I take it to mean, but we walked into a dealership tonight and they tried to tell us that lease price was on the manual transmission only. I think they are trying to jerk us around. Your thoughts? :confuse:
  • megcm1megcm1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please provide the current MF and residual for a 3 yr/36 mile lease on a Mazda 3 isport and itourang?

Also as a general question - Is the residual value of a car based on the purchase price or the MSRP? Thanks!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Residual is always based on the MSRP
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • gluzgluz Member Posts: 10
    Car man, would it be possible to get the 10K and 12K miles numbers for 36 month lease on 2009 Mazdaspeed Grand Touring?

Thank you.
  • megcm1megcm1 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to add on with the lease rate I negotiated. I am leasing a 2009 mazda 3 itourang, with auto trans and moonroof/6 disk cd. With 1,500 down I will be paying 225 a month. This is including tax/title/reg. This seems like a pretty good deal me to. It's about 500 below dealer invoice.With the release of the 2010 mazda3, many dealers are anxious to get rid of 2009 models.

Regards,
    Here you go, jonfra7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00262 and a really solid 65%, respectively.

I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any cash incentives on the '10 Mazda3 (it feels weird writing '10 doesn't it :surprise: )

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, ls1mom. "AT" does mean automatic transmission. The car that Mazda is advertising a lease on is equipped with an automatic transmission. Not only should you be able to negotiate the deal that Mazda is advertising on its website, but I would take it a step further and try to beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised leases usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the official payment if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello megcm1. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00262 and 65%, respectively.

As Kingpc mentioned, vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that are allowed to be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, gluz. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00121 and 52%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • gluzgluz Member Posts: 10
    Car Man, thank you very much.

However, I was looking for lease rates for Mazdaspeed3, not the regular Mazda3.

Would you be able to provide those numbers please?

Thank you.
  • olkausolkaus Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

are the money factor and residual value still the same in May?
    Dealers keep saying that it would cost more per moths if I lease it then if I buy. But with a money factor of 0.00121 I get about $60-70 less per month for a 36 mo lease vs. 60 mo financing.
  • sd83srrsd83srr Member Posts: 7
    I am wondering the same thing about the "May Deals" (if any). I am looking to Lease or Purchase a 2010 Mazda 3 (i or s) in the next couple weeks and I am not finding much info about May (probably because no one has bought any yet in May or hasn't had the chance to post their deals yet). Anyways, if you know the money factor / buy rate for May on the 2010's that would really help. I am trying to compare the difference between leasing or financing to see which would be ideal for my situation. Also, do they do any 15K leases? I am planning on moving to where my round trip work commute will go from 5 miles (max) to 40 miles (max). Uggh! Thanks for your help in advance!
  • jvsajvsa Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me what the residual and MF are for a 2010 mazda 3 5 door GT with auto trans??
    You're welcome, gluz. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any lease support on the MazdaSpeed3.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi olkaus. The May lease program is a little different than the April lease program was. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00083 and 51%, respectively.

Plus Mazda is providing $750 bonus cash on the '09 Mazda3 this month. Make sure to take that cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sd83srr. The May lease program is a little different than the April lease program was. It varies by trim level. You never mentioned exactly which Mazda3 you are interested in, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.