Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings orozcocitroen. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sedan Touring with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 56%, respectively.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

The above money factor is for consumers who qualify for Chase's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey blueguydotcom. Chase's December money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i 5-Door with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry about that, reign. The numbers that you were quoted look right.

Car_man
    Host
  • southernfried4southernfried4 Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 Mazda3 Touring I just went into the shop and needs a new compressor at $1,300. I went into the showroom to look at new cars similar to the one I already have and the prices are way too high for my budget. The salesman is trying to pressure me into leasing, which seems like a good idea. But I've been taught that if something looks too good to be true, it must be too good to be true.

Anyone have a guestimate on how much I should pay for a 2010 Mazda3 Touring I with Moonroof on a 42-month lease?? And can I trade in my old one for what I still owe on it??

Is it a good deal or should I run and scrape up the $1,300 to repair my old one?

I'm terrified of making the wrong decision
  • reignreign Member Posts: 20
    1st - take your car to get it appraised to find out how much you will get compared to how much you owe. Either at carmax, or dealer.
    2nd - check your credit score to see if you will be approved.
    3rd - More than likely, you will owe more on your '05 than what its worth. You can roll this amount into your lease like I did on my 2006 car (I was at minus $2K or so)

I also rolled in my TTL into lease too. I got the base model hatchback automatic (no sunroof). The price was $19950 + ~ $2000 negative equity on trade-in + TTL. My payments on a 42mo lease with 10K/mi year is $315/mo.

If you get the 4 door model (base automatic) your payments will be lower than the hatchback.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and fix your '05 model unless you are even with the trade-in and not upside down. Also, on a lease check with your car insurance co to see how much your premium will go up.

Good luck!
    PS Leasing is cheaper than buying (monthly payment), but there are some negatives about it. Please read up on leasing compared to buying - you can find this on the internet.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Car man, you wrote "Chase's December" - do you mean Chase bank? I'm close to pulling the trigger and I'd much prefer a 36 month lease to Mazda's 42 monther. All Mazda dealers are insisting on 42 months. That's nuts to me. I'd rather buy at that point as Mazda's MF is higher and the residual drops to 58-57% in those extra 6 months.
  • jwangsdcjwangsdc Member Posts: 11
    Hey, thanks for responding to me. I just wanted to clarify what happened. The dealership isn't asking for anymore money from me, so I don't have to worry. Apparently Mazda pays your first months lease payment but that is somehow deducted twice.

My lease agreement reads that I owe $1700 due @ drive off, then it deducts $275 and says I owe $14XX. I only paid $1177 and they're not asking for anymore money from me, so somehow it gets deducted twice. Westchester Mazda didn't play any games with me after I signed the agreement.

One thing they did do though, was I originally negotiated the price I wanted ona 3 GT which was $250 below invoice. I switched to a 3 i sport because of the lease numbers and they promised me the same deal but I never confirmed the numbers. Turns out since the lease was so good etc, they sold it to me at about $200 above invoice even though they agreed it would be the same deal. That's what you get for letting up at a car dealership I supposed.
  • beautiebeautie Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car Man. Do you know whether this money factor and residual value also applies to the S Grand Touring edition of the Mazda 3 5-door? Thanks.

:)
  • mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    Orange County CA is advertising a 2010 Mazda 3i sedan for zero down and $199/mo. Zero security.

Anybody heard of it? Sounds like a screaming deal.
  • mjopprumjoppru Member Posts: 18
    Hey, looking for some input.

2010 Mazdaspeed3 lease.

$299/month plus tax for 48 months. $0 cap cost reduction. Plus tax, license, and acquisition fee. $0 security. 40K total miles. A+ credit required.

MSRP is $23,945

I was looking at the base 3i sedan lease, but I may need to step up.
  • baastenbaasten Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man
    Researching 2010 Mazda 3 sport model and touring model;36month term as well as 42 term no out of pocket money residual rate as well as money factor- top tier excellent credit.

THANKS
    Caryn
    Hey blueguydotcom. Yes, Mazda runs all of its special leases through Chase now instead of its own special captive finance company like many other automakers have.

I completely agree with you, I would much rather go with a 36 month lease than a 42 month lease as well. The only reason that Mazda is advertising 42 month leases is to make its payments look lower. There is lease support for 36 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beautie. Mazda's lease program varies by trim level. Here's the specific program for the model that you're interested in.

Chase's January money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s 5-Door Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 57%, respectively.

This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 10k resid is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Caryn. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_pandacar_panda Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the current lease buy rate and residual for a Mazda 3 i Touring. If it matters, it has the bose/moonroof package. This is the 4 door also. I would be interested in the 39 & 42 month terms. 12,000 or 15,000 miles

Thanks in Advance
  • jett456jett456 Member Posts: 50
    The deal for a Mazda 3 is 239 per month zero down. Is this a good deal? I don't like the 42 months. MSRP 17805. I never bought a Mazda before. What are the chances of things going wrong by 42 months. The warranty is only for 36 months.
  • 996twint996twint Member Posts: 35
    I'm looking for 36 and 39 month 12k miles residual and money factor on the Mazdaspeed3.
    You can negotiate a better deal. Advertised specials are based on some pretty bad sales prices. Work on the sale price of the car and THEN ask for the MF, residual, etc. You want the best sale price on the car -the lease's cost will go down if negotiate the sale price down.

Strongly suggest using the web. You can hit 10 dealers with ease.
  • tonesterttonestert Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man can you please tell me the lease rates on a MazdaSpeed3 ?
    Thanks !
    Ha, I like your username car_panda :). Here's the info that you're interested in.

Mazda's current money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 i Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 55%, respectively.

This car's residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello 996twint. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any sort of support on the MazdaSpeed3. As a result, it will likely be very expensive to lease one. You probably would be better off just financing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tonestert. Please see my previous post. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • sandeepchauhansandeepchauhan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am getting the following deal on 24 month lease for a 2010 Mazda 3 iTouring with moonroof/BOSE option

3978 cash payment/ down payment

141.40 per month

So basically it works out at me paying 7672 for 2 year lease.

Is that a good deal ?

Thx in advance for your help.

-sandeep
    No. Why are you putting 4k into a LEASE? They have 0% for 60 months. Keep the 4k. Negotiate a good price - about 1k below invoice is possible but let's be conservative and say 500 below invoice. TTL will make the car less than 21k. 21k divided by 60 is $350. Two years in you'll owe about 12-13k,

MSRP: 21k
    Sale Price: 19k
    TTL, out the door: 21k
    Monthly payment of $350

24 months = $8400 spent, still own 12600
    Car's value at WORST would be 60% of MSRP or $12600.

No mileage worries, no gap and you're not paying interest. By year 4-5 you'll have a sound investment even with depreciation.

I'd avoid the lease if I were you.
    Hi
    you got a great deal may i ask what the
    price of the car was or did you just negotiate from
    monthly payment? And the only fee you pd
    was 295?
    Negotiating for sport i. Lease
    thanks
    zoomzoom
  • roadcrazyroadcrazy Member Posts: 31
    I'm looking for the rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month and a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport 5-Door with an automatic transmission and 12,0000 miles per year. The vehicle also has the moonroof/6CD/Bose package if it makes a difference. Thanks in advanced.

I've been quoted a sign and drive lease of $267 (24 months) and $251 (36 months). These figures include 6% sales tax. Also, since it's a true sign and drive I'm told there is no first payment.
    Thats a good deal- which dealer? is it in MA?

Thanks
    trying to lease a 4 door mazda 3 sport and if anyone knows the money factor for that and residual for a 36 month/ 10,000 or 12,000 per year I would appreciate that

Thanks
    Zoomzoom
    Thats a good deal- which dealer? is it in MA?

Thanks
    trying to lease a 4 door mazda 3 sport and if anyone knows the money factor for that and residual for a 36 month/ 10,000 or 12,000 per year I would appreciate that

Thanks
    Zoomzoom
    It happens to be a dealer in MI. I also just got these figures when I asked about purchasing instead of leasing.

MSRP $22485 / SPLAN $21180 / SPLAN REBATE $400 / DOC FEE $190 / TAX $1282.20 / TITLE $15 / PLATE TRANSFER $8 / TOTAL OUT THE DOOR $22275.20 /
    60 MONTHS 0% $372

I'm not a Mazda employee so if he truly gave me S Plan pricing that's kind of surprising. Once you get lease and/or purchase figures I'd appreciate if you'd share them as well. Good luck in your search.
    Hi roadcrazy
    just got my numbers mixed up- sorry
    my newest round of deals march proving better
    than feb.
    current info. and deals
    sport manualtrans. 15392-no nitty gritty negotiating
    yet. 2nd dealer 179.00 plus 424.00 tax title reg.
    This is only email info.- hoping to find out
    cost tomorrow via mangr.
    Good luck to you as well
    Hi
    anyone recently lease a Mazda 3 sport i manual transmission in the MA area
    with some helpful tips- numbers- good experiences or bad..??

thanks
    zoomzoom
  • mardi777mardi777 Member Posts: 6
    how r u doing?
    My wife wants to get the mazda 3 s Sport ...same as above description.....did you get a good deal yet?
    they have online 199 but i dont think thats is th price for the one you mentioned, we are planning to go on saturday to the dealer and see. BUT I really need to get a good deal on this car. so far, it is the best offer outside ZERO payments ....while nissan and others are charging 2000 plus when signing the contract.....so can you give me some advice????please....i want to get a good deal.....
    hey.....we want to buy the 3i grand touring fully equipped...we are in Los angeles, can you give me some advice, i looked online and it is 199 but i am guessing the basic one. so what is a good deal for the one that i want?...any way to get discounts or deal when i go to the dealer this week????
    edited March 2010
    I ended up with a Mazda 3 s Sport 5-Door, automatic with Bose/moonroof package. 3 years with 36k miles. $250 per month which includes 6% MI sales tax. It's a true $0 sign and drive (no taxes, registration, doc fees, etc). The first payment is included in the $0 sign and drive so I only have 35 payments (which equates to $243 over 36 months). I got the dealer to throw in 3 years of free basic maintenance (oil changes and tire rotation). I couldn't get them to give me the Sirius box for free though regardless of how hard I tried.
    Hi
    thanks for the info. Still wheelin and dealin.
    Hopefully by weekend will be driving.
    As far as LA goes your numbers might be
    different- I am working off info. From edmunds
    invoice numbers and calling salesmen asking
    for this and that. Definately better than199/ and
    working forwards no money dwn.
    Hope this helps
    zoomzoom
    thanks for your time in advance, we are going on saturday to the dealer. it looks like you got a really good deal. can you mentor me on how can i get something like that....as you know those sales people from the dealer wants to sell you high price no matter what, so i need to know, how to ask and where to stand.
    also, how did you get the 3 year FREE. thanks. oh what would be the insurance amount for that new car
    I'm not sure what part of the country you live in but in Detroit car buying/leasing has always been hyper competitive. I also got lucky in my timing- I think Ford's recent split from Mazda has made Mazda dealers in Detroit very worried about potential sales declines. That being said (and I'm no expert) this is what I usually do:

Visit a few Mazda dealers and test drive the same car. Decide which salesperson you are most comfortable with and return to that dealership. Ask him/her to give you firm pricing, in writing, for exactly what you want. Take those number and over the course of the next few days call other Mazda dealerships (I have 7 within 35 miles) and ask for pricing for the same exact model and terms. They will know you're price shopping but don't tell them the prices you've already been given. Once you have your lowest price go back to the original dealer and ask him to match. After you are all done with pricing ask for free basic maintenance for the full lease term. This costs the dealer very little since he's already paying the service people. His only expense is supplies (oil, filters, etc.).

I hesitate to tell you what my insurance is going to be because everyone's circumstances with car insurance is very unique. I tend to shop my home & auto with different companies every few years to make sure my rates are still competitive.

Good luck shopping.
  • epl1epl1 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone provide the current residual (12K/15K) and MF for the following:

10' Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback
    Manual, Moonroof and Sound Package, Nav Package

Thanks
    hey! i am in LA california. I did exactly what you advice. we went to couple of them i have the prices now. i am in 273 usd a month but I want them to go lower if possible....any advice on how I can make a deal with them so I can get it? ......also, I am planning to ask for the free maintenance as you mentioned before too....thanks....
    You will usually get the best number from the dealer if he's under the impression you are ready to commit to the deal. Go to the dealer in person and tell him you're ready to do the deal but he needs to come down on his offer. If he asks you what number you have in mind just say you want the best offer he has. When he gives you the new number tell him you're ready to sign the lease if he comes down another 5%. Keep in mind for a car that stickers around $20k there's not a lot of room for the dealer to haggle. After that number is decided on that's when I'd ask for free maintenance.
    Here you go epl1. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 GT Hatchback with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 58%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Please provide me with the current residual (12,000 miles) and MF for the following:

2010 MAZDA3 s Sport 5-Door
    Automatic with moonroof/bose package
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    An one have current info for a Speed3 w/ 15k and 36 months?
  • lazoomzoomlazoomzoom Member Posts: 1
    Hi there
    I got an offer form my dealer to lease a 2010 Mazda 3 iTouring, manual trans, with the 6 CD/Bose/Moonroof package.

Its $0 down, 293month for 36months....I believe 10k/yr
    Whats the best way to figure if thats a good deal
    MSRP is $20,020 + 400 for Sirius...

Thanks
    Your payment seems a little high to me. You may want to play with your numbers using this calculator to decide for yourself: http://www.cars.com/go/advice/financing/calc/loanLeaseCalc.jsp

Also, I know you're leasing but take a look at http://www.truecar.com/index.html. I always negotiate a buy price first and then negotiate the lease terms/payment.

I don't believe in the concept of the getting the "greatest deal ever." What you need to decide is if you're satisfied with your deal. If you're not, keep negotiating or move on.

On a side note, make sure you're comfortable with a 10k mile lease. A 12k is usually only a few bucks more. Mileage penalties on lease turn in are very costly.
  • gurjotgurjot Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Hi everybody,

I just received a new lease offer from a nearby dealer for a Mazda 3i Touring, and I am wondering what your thoughts are about it. This is my first car, so I'd really appreciate any help/advice you can offer.
    The offer: $270/mo. for 42 months. Moonroof, bose speakers, 6 CD changer included. 12,000 miles per year.

From Mazda's website, seems like the MSRP for a car like this would be approximately $20,000 (paid in 5 years). So for 42 months (3.5 years), at $270/mo, the total price comes out to $11,340. This means that at this rate, I'd pay approximately $16,500 in 5 years for the car. I know that I haven't taken interest rate in consideration. Anyway, is this a good way to judge the deal, or am I missing something?

Also, is this a good deal in itself? or should I try to negotiate for other perks as well? or am I getting completely ripped off?

Once again, I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    I've always avoided any lease over 36 months. The warranty on the car is only 3 years / 36,000 miles with a drive train warranty of 5 years / 60,000 miles. A 42 month lease means you'll have to pay out of pocket for any non drive train repairs for the last 6 months of the lease. It's also possible you'll have to replace wear and tear items with a lease this long (tires, breaks, etc.). It doesn't make sense to put money into a car you don't own.
  • gurjotgurjot Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Hm, that's a really good point. I thought, the warranty covered the entire lease term. Is it always for 36 months?
    The lease term and warranty coverage are independent of each other. Some manufacturers have a longer warranty but 3 years / 36,000 miles is pretty standard.
    Hey! We got a Mazda 3, three weeks ago same package for 274 a month. Other dealer offer me 270 but it was around 50 miles from my house while the other one is 20 miles, so I decided to stay with a dealer closer to my house. But 270 is what it is outside. If they are telling you THIS IS THE BEST THAT I CAN DO FOR YOU, I REALLY TRY HARD TO GO DOWN ON PRICE….ummmmm well that sales talking ………….thats what they are…and need to be….to make you feel like you got a DEAL but reality, is not a deal. It is what it is…the price is 270 something straight from the dealer calculator, but I would say that 270 it is a reasonable price for that car……..We are happy with the car, it is super nice driving the car, I already went to a long trip on the car and feels great..the sound is really good. Real situation: for 270 a month driving that kind a car…I am really happy and CHEAP!!!!well, a really good price for a brand new car….also, I advice you to check on your insurance company. I go the car for my wife and the insurance went over 120 a month additional to the normal …so keep in mind the insurance…..also, if you are the person who likes security…..ask for lowjack…it is 900usd only and the good thing ….if you keep the car after leasing…you keep the low jack always…it is a good investment…specially if you are leasing……also, try to get the best insurance full cover and as much as you can cover and feel ok….conclusion: Yes! 270 it is a good deal….
This discussion has been closed.