Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• wordhasitwordhasit Member Posts: 1
    I just got an offer for $229/mo for 42 mos with premium maintenance package on a Mazda 3 i Sport. Residual value is $10,100. I'm in LA. Good deal or not?
  • roadcrazyroadcrazy Member Posts: 31
    See post #510 for my opinion regarding 42 month leases. They're almost always a losing proposition. Both your payment and residual will be higher under a 36 month lease but all things considered it is almost always a better way to go.
  • chuck10553chuck10553 Member Posts: 9
    Im wondering what the money factor and residual numbers are for the mazda3 s sport and grand touring on a 36, 39, and 42 month lease with 12,000 miles a year. The dealer gave me residuals of 62%, 59%, and 57% respectively... are these correct? Also dealer said that mazda does not have its own lease company but uses banks and such... is this correct? If you could let me know on this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for all the help you provide!
    Mazda previously used Mazda American Credit, a division of Ford Credit. All Mazda leases now go through Chase. If the dealer isn't using Chase for your lease consider it a non-conventional lease.
  • suz25fsuz25f Member Posts: 3
    I am close to signing a lease on a 2010 Mazda 3 Itouring. The offer: $189/mo. for 24 months. 10,000 miles per year. 1081.50 due at signing (includes DMV costs, bank fee and first payment). Residual value of 13,304 and includes gap insurance.

Is this pricing fair? Also what are other components to a lease that a dealer can offer (free basic maint, additional features. etc.). Not a great negotiator, so I would like to know before going in some common things others have had asked for at signing.
    Make sure you're okay with 10,000 miles. Exceeding mileage in a lease is prohibitively expensive.

Does the $1,081.50 up front include any kind of down payment? My rule has always been don't give any cash down on a lease.

After I was all done negotiating my deal, I got the dealer to include free basic maintenance (oil changes and tire rotations) as well as Mazda all-weather floor mats. No matter how hard I tried though I couldn't get him to include the satellite radio receiver kit for free.
  • zee1973zee1973 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

Looking at leasing a Mazda3 s GT (Auto) sedan with the tech package + Bose package which ends up with a MSRP of $25,640.
    Can you provide me the residual, and money factor for both 36 and 42 months with 10K miles.

Thanks.
  • beckscabecksca Member Posts: 1
    Hi -
    I am new to leasing and trying to learn as much as possible before I go in to negotiate. I am just wondering if the current $199/mo, 0 down deal for the Mazda 3 i sport is at all negotiable or if I am wasting my time and should try to get things added on instead? I realize the price would really be plus tax/fees...But I just want to know what I should be trying to talk to them about or if the deal is set as it is. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!
    That is a national lease program and it isn't very good at that. A 42 month lease is a terrible idea since the warranty on the vehicle is only 36 months. Never sign a lease that is over 36 months or 36,000 miles.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi roadcrazy. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s Sport 5-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00216 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chuck10553. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s Sedan Sport GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00222 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00210 and 48%.

As roadcrazy mentioned, all of Mazda's official lease offers are run through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, zee1973. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s GT Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00222 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome becksca. Manufacturers' official advertised leases usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices on leased vehicles than the ones that are used to arrive at officially advertised payments.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price for the car that you are interested in and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. If I was in the market for a Mazda3 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. You can look up the exact invoice price of the specific car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    anybody know the current mf and residual on a 36/10k for this car?
  • fuzzynipsfuzzynips Member Posts: 37
    Car_man,

Can you please provide me with Chase's current buy rate lease money factors and residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s GT in Sedan and Hatchback form with 15,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier?

Thank You!
  • raduderadude Member Posts: 50
    Car_man

Can you also give me the lease numbers for a Mazda 3 s GT 4dr Auto, 42 month, 10K miles.

Much appreciated
  • melusa1melusa1 Member Posts: 7
    All,

What type of lease money factors are you getting elsewhere, I was quoted almost 6% here in FL. My wife and I have stellar 800+ credit and we are looking at a Mazda3 I Sport for our son. Maybe it is wiser to buy at 0%, any thoughts are all appreciated!!
    Here you go. Chase's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s GT Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s GT Hatchback are 00181 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2010
    Car_man,

I believe you may have mistyped the residual value in your reply to hugo5's inquiry. I had inquired about the same vehicle for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and you supplied me with a residual value of 58%.

Therefore, I believe the correct residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback with 10,000 miles per year is 61%.

May 2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring lease numbers:

Sedan (36 months / 15,000 miles per year): 0.00185 and 57%
    Hatchback (36 months / 15,000 miles per year): 0.00181 and 58%
    Hatchback (36 months / 10,000 miles per year): 0.00181 and 61% (residual value upon confirmation by Car_man)
    edited May 2010
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hugo5 (thanks for the correction fuzzy).

Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s Grand Touring Hatchback with 10,000 miles per year are .00181 and 61%, respectively (58% 15k resid + 3% for 10k).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi radude. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 s GT Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man

How about May 2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring lease numbers:

Sedan (36 months / 10,000 miles per year): ?
    Sedan (42 months / 10,000 miles per year): ?
    Just got a new lease on a 2010 Mazda 3 s GT auto sedan with Moonroof package (MSRP $24,445) for $293 a month, sign and drive ($0 down)

42 month lease with 10k miles a year.

Dealer was Ramsey Mazda, NJ
  • therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Hello,

I am interested in the car above. From the earlier posts, I see the residual should be 60% for 36 months and 10k miles. The money factor should be .00185. Can these be confirmed?

Also, on the Mazda website I see something about a $1,550 lease credit. Does anyone have information on this rebate or a target price related to invoice?

Finally, I am trying to decide about making a deal in May or next month. Thoughts on this? Radude, that is an excellent deal so I'm thinking the June numbers may be worse.

Thanks in advance for any help one can provide.
    Hi Theras,

Here is some more info on the deal I got. The negotiated price was $19,862.The invoice was $23,118. MSRP $24,445

According to the dealer, the price he gave me was the lowest possible price he can do without loosing money. It includes:

$1,550 Mazda Customer Lease Support
    $500 Owner Loyalty Cash
    $456 dealer's hold-back
    $750 dealer money, that they get at the end of the month for every vehicle sold

If you look at the current lease specials posted on mazadausa.com website and expand the details on a Mazda 3 lease, you will see that it includes the $1,550 Mazda Customer Lease Support. It's not a widely publicized rebate but it's is available this month. It's a manufacturers rebate and can be applied to any price (the dealer gets it for every new mazda 3 they lease).

The money factor is .00193, and the residual is 55%. That's for a 42 month, 10K miles a year lease for a GT auto sedan (the numbers may be slightly different for a manual).

Good luck!
  • mazdalover2mazdalover2 Member Posts: 3
    $305 / 42 Months/ 0$ Down/ Mazda 3 GT Full Package (Technology, sunroof, bose, leather, heated seats, power seats, sataellite radio.. etc...)

What do you think?
    what should the resiedulal, money factor be? thank you
    If that's an offer you got I would jump on it.

BTW what is the MSRP for that vehicle?
    Hey. just added compass - wind deflector - mirror homelink...
    so now im at $307/ $0 down/ 42 Months / 12K/ One free oil change and tire rotation.

MSRP: $25,500

I need some things to ask and check before signing the contract.

please as quick as possible. thank you
    If you're getting that offer from a dealer - jump on it.

Just make sure there aren't any hidden fees that you have to pay and everything is included in the monthly payment. It should be a sign and drive.
    Thanks Radude for the data. Sounds like you got a great deal. Does your price include local sales tax? Also, was it truly $0 up front or were there some fees??
    From your post, I'm thinking it might be smart to do this in May.
    Theras,

My price already includes NJ sales tax of 7%. All the fees were included also. I did not pay a single penny, just signed the paperwork and drove off (a true sign and drive).

Some dealers may try to convince you that you still have to pay some fees upfront, but that's not true. They can always factor everything into the monthly payment.
    Hey. just added compass - wind deflector - mirror homelink...
    so now im at $307/ $0 down/ 42 Months / 12K/ One free oil change and tire rotation.

MSRP: $25,500

I also paid nothing at all. no fees what so ever. and the $307 includes the tax...
    its a sign and drive.
    You got a great deal!

Enjoy your new ride
  • ccbball31ccbball31 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up a black 2010 mazda 3 hatchback sport. 24 month lease 12/k miles a year and paid nothing at signing and only have 23 payments of $250 after tax. Thought I got a good deal, are people seeing similar prices?
    Thanks again Radude! I am going to visit the dealer on Thursday night and wanted to make sure I had enough info.

I'm hoping the dealers in Pennsylvania also have the $750 dealer bonus to work with.

If you have any additonal input, let me know.
    Theras,

$23 K is definitely a good price.
  • epb999epb999 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2010
    Hello -- I'd appreciate it if someone could provide the current residual and money factor for a 2010 Mazda3 S Sport automatic 4-door sedan. (36 Month, 10k miles/yr).

Thanks!
    Carman/Radude,

Could you please give the current lease figures for top tier credit 800+ for Mazda3, I'm in FL if that matters?? Any idea what Mazda will be doing in June with incentives??

Thanks Very Much!!
    Melusa,

The numbers will vary by model and by lease details.

How many months and how many miles a year?
    What exact model you are looking to get?

Not sure what June numbers will bring, If I had to guess I would say they will probably be higher.
    Hey radude -- Any chance you have the May numbers for leasing a 2010 Mazda3 S Sport automatic 4-door sedan, at 36 Months, 10k miles? Thanks so much!!
    42 months 10K miles Base Mazda3 I Sport Automatic, I'm seeing $209 + tax = $223 here in Tampa, FL
  • modernhamletmodernhamlet Member Posts: 2
    Liberty Mazda, Wakefield, MA

2010 Mazda3 s Sport 5 door
    Sunroof pkg
    Tech pkg

36 month, 10k/year

$1500 down
    $339/month

Not happy with how the negotiations turned out, but had other circumstances against me

How bad a deal was this on a scale of 1-10?
  • shereshere Member Posts: 3
    Just wanna ask if $199/mo for 42months + $2170 o.o.p. cash will be a good deal MSRP 19,475... I wanted the the one with moonroof & bose but there adding another $1,300 for the o.o.p. cash.. We wanted to grab the chance for the lease program hope you guys can help
  • modernhamletmodernhamlet Member Posts: 2
    $239/month. Sorry! Hopefully that's a wee bit better...
  • epl1epl1 Member Posts: 4
    Modernhamlet,

It doesn't sound great, but depending on what "other circumstances" are, it may be rolled into the lease price. As a comparison a few months ago I almost pulled the trigger on a lease in RI for a Grand Touring 5 Door with Tech and Bose (MSRP $25,340 as it was a manual). The deal was nothing down at 340/month for 36K, 15K per year.

Good luck.
    Hi Radude or CarMan,

I couldn't close the deal in May due to vacations and availability of my colors in May. Could you update the information for June?

Again, I'm looking for a Mazda3 s GT sedan. I would like the residual, money factor and any applicable rebates for a 36 month, 10K mile lease. I hope the June numbers are similar to the ones in May.

Thanks again,
    Car_man,

Can you please provide me with Chase's current buy rate lease money factors and residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s GT in Sedan and Hatchback form with 15,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier?

Thank You!
    car_man or radude --

I'm interested in the June money factor and residual for a 2010 Mazda3 S Sport automatic 4-door sedan. (36 Months, 10k miles). It would be great if either of you could provide this info.

Thanks so much!
    edited June 2010
    Hi all -- does anyone know (or care to speculate :) ) whether the money factors and residuals from cars.com's site here are the same as the ones that the dealers use? The data is apparently from ALG, which Mazda refers to on their website, so there's that. The cars.com page doesn't list different values for different yearly mileage allowances, though...
    I think those money factors look high. I'm still trying to figure out the exact data. Radude, Carman or others, could you assist?
    Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.