Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• anjy834uanjy834u Member Posts: 6
    Hi i need to lease a mazda 3 2005 year model.. could anyone tell me where to get the beast deals.. ?
  • rich30rich30 Member Posts: 5
    In month of December (it is now 12/30/10) for model year 2011, 15,000m/yr, and 36 months and for 42 months. please advise soonest. Cannot seem to find anywhere. Mazda 3 s sport AT, sunroof, bose, msrp $21,140. MF, RV?

Happy New Year

Trying to close deal now.
    Thanks
    Rich
  • johnnybaseballjohnnybaseball Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I need some help. I need the figures to be able to negotiate a lease for a mazda 3 grand touring either in NY or NJ. I dont' need more than a 10,000 mile/year lease and I'd like to lease for 36 months only if possible. I'd like to pay no more than $250/month, and not put anything down if possible. I dont' know if this is realistic, but any help would be great. Thanks!
  • bmack11bmack11 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks Car_man. Do you know if these MF and RV values are the same for January? Is there somewhere online where I can get this info rather than bother you with it? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem bmack11. Mazda's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 64%, respectively.

I believe that Mazda is currently providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ch48ch48 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted $211 per month (including taxes) for a 2011 Mazda3 S 5-door hatchback with their current 42 month, 35,000 mile lease. This is for an automatic 3 S without any of the option packages. Do you think I can do better than that?
    edited January 2011
    How much do you have to put down? Are you comfortable with only 10,000 miles per year? Do the warranties only cover you for 36 months and not 42?

According to Trucar.com, your agreed upon value of the car is a GREAT PRICE if it is less than $19,690 and a GOOD PRICE if it's less than $20,360 (in my area - NJ). How does this compare to what you negotiated?
  • ch48ch48 Member Posts: 4
    $0 down. 10,000 miles per year is no big deal as I'm going to be about 7500 miles under my mileage limit on my current car for which the lease ends in March.
  • witeoutruleswiteoutrules Member Posts: 7
    Car_man, I'm looking at the 2011 Mazda3 i Touring 4door.

Could you post the February MF and Residual for 36 and 42month leases @ 12k miles per year?

Thanks
    Sorry Car_Man but due to the ridiculous weather we have been having in NJ, I still haven't pulled the trigger. Can you give me the same info for February? Thanks again.
    Hi witeoutrules. Mazda's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00112 and 60%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $400 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    I completely understand, bmack11. I was just outside salting my steps...again. Mazda's February lease program is exactly the same as its January program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • kp3406kp3406 Member Posts: 6
    Hi - could anyone provide me with the february lease MF and residuals for the mazda 3 hatchback models (all 3 trims if you can, the sport, touring, grand touring). Also is there currently cash incentive for those models as well? Thanks!

I am most interested in 36 month 10k, but if it is much cheaper to do 39/42 month that could work too.
  • siddious33siddious33 Member Posts: 1
    My GF and I are looking at replacing her 2007 Trailblazer and are most interested in the Mazdaspeed3. However, we want to lease due to her proximity to work and negative equity, but the dealer told us you cannot lease the Mazdaspeed3. Is this true?

If it is possible to lease the Speed3, can someone provide the money factor and terms for a 36 month lease at 12k miles per year on a 2010 or 2011 Speed3?

Thanks!
    Hey Car_man ,

Just wondering if you had any info about the february lease deals on the mazda 3 hatchback 5-door sport and grand touring trims - the MF and residuals, and if there is any cash incentive on those. This could be for 36 month 10k/12k, or 39 month. Thanks a lot, I am hoping to get a lease soon if its cheap enough :)
    Hi kp3406. Mazda's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 Hatchback Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00079 and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Hatchback Touring are .00079 and 62%.

The numbers for the Hatchback Grand Touring are .00079 and 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi siddious33. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any lease support on the MazdaSpeed3. As a result, it really doesn't make sense to lease one right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kp3406. I believe that I just posted the lease program for the vehicles that you're interested in a message or two ago. Please check there for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car_man,

I have a deal all ready for a mazda3 sport hatchback lease using the february rates - they said the 10k,36 residual was 64%, not the 65% you posted...but the money factor was the same.

I was wondering if you know the March residual/money factor, because I could hold off 2 days to get it or I could get it tomorrow, depending on if the march numbers are better than february. Thanks!!
  • quicksilver111quicksilver111 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man your information was very helpful but when I went to the dealer looking for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Auto Sedan with 12,000 miles per year they told me it had a residual value of 60% not 61%. They also said there was no $400 cash incentive. Is this just a bad dealer or could the numbers have changed?
    I am currently having the same issue with residual being 1% lower - but I think the dealer cannot mess with the residual, that is fixed by mazda, so I don't think they are trying to trick you there...

Also, I got my purchase price as the best truecar.com price in my area, and I think those already low prices factor in any type of cash incentive that might apply already to make the price lower.
    Hey quicksilver111. Mazda did eliminate the $400 cash incentive when it introduced some volume-based cash incentives for dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    You guys are right, I believe that Mazda only adds 1%, not 2% like most banks add to residual values when converting hem for leases with only 12,000 miles per year. Sorry for the confusion. Generally speaking, the money factor is the most important number to pay attention to because dealers usually cannot alter banks' residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Car_Man,

Would you happen to have march lease number for mazda3 touring?

Thanks in advance!
    I certainly do hypnotics. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00131 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35
    Dear Car_Man,

Really appreciate all of the information! I'm looking to lease a Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan w. Technology Package in the SF Bay Area. Wondering if you would know April's money factor & residual value. Thinking about a 12K 36 month lease.

Also any thoughts on what price should be for this model configuration would be great...

Thank you so much!!
  • yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35
    Dear Car_Man,

Really appreciate all of the information! I'm looking to lease a Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan w. Technology Package in the SF Bay Area. Wondering if you would know April's money factor & residual value. Thinking about a 12K 36 month lease.

Also any thoughts on what price should be for this model configuration would be great...

Thank you so much!!
    Here you go yoshimoto. Mazda's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00095 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexandervalexanderv Member Posts: 24
    Hello Car_man. I am new to this forum. Would you be able to tell me the residual value and money factor for a 2011 Mazda 3 s hatchback with 2.5 engine? Thanks...AlexanderV2
  • rodeoeorodeoeo Member Posts: 1
    does anyone have the residual and money factor for may 2011
  • johngtjohngt Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_man. Any information on May lease rates for the Mazda 3s Grand Touring 5-door with a three year, 12K miles/year lease? Is the 4-door sedan version different?
    Thanks.
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    12k for 36 and 39 month

Money factor?
    Residual?
    Lease cash?
    Incentives, northeast?
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Hi Car_man,

Are the lease rates for the Mazdaspeed3 the same as the GT (.00095 and 60% for 12k per year)? Many thanks!
    Hello alexanderv. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Sport Hatchback with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00066 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go rodeoeo. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings johngt. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3s Grand touring 5-door with 12,000 miles per year are .00066 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the Sedan are indeed different, .00078 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Cnote2, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any lease support or cash incentives on the MazdaSpeed3.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cagorm. No the lease program is not the same on the MazdaSpeed3 as it is on the GT. In fact, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any incentives, lease support or cash, on the MazdaSpeed.

Car_man
    Host
  • attanasattanas Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new to this board. I was interested in a two-year lease on a Mazda 3 GT automatic with tech package. I have went to a few dealerships and the best offer I have gotten is 390 a month with 500 deposit. Does this seem reasonable? Also, I haven't seen the details (what they're using for residual value, money factor, quote on the car) - could you let me know what figures I should be looking for? Also - are there any incentives I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance!

John
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Hi Car_man,

Looking for MF and residual for both the Mazda 3s Sport and Grand Touring Sedan ... 36 months, 12k/year lease.

There was a decent deal going in June, has it carried over to July, and is there any other incentives available?

Thanks so much!
    Hey djdez. Mazda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3s Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00076 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Mazda3 Grand Touring Sedan are .00076 and 56%.

Mazda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • ladyvader401ladyvader401 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man!

I'm looking into leasing a Mazda3, but I want to weigh my options between the Sport and GT trims, and among lease lengths. Do you happen to have the numbers for both of those for 36 and 48 months?

Thanks!
  • twente20twente20 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,
    The 48 month lease special for $199 / month (12,000 miles/year). approx $500 drive off for tax/title/reg (which includes $500 rebate).
    Any thoughts on this offer? MSRP for this deal is around $18,250.
    Thanks
    Hi ladyvader401. Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00109 and 51%.

The money factors for the '11 GT Sedan are the same, but the residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi twente20. Do you know what this car's selling price is? This is an important number to know because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Having the selling price makes it easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • twente20twente20 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Hi All,

Just had a friend who leased a Mazda 3 from Galpin in Van Nuys, CA.

12,000 miles per year / 48 month lease / $500 due at signing / $223.00 per month (includes tax / all in payment)

MSRP: 18,350
    Agreed Value: 17,500
    Rebate: 500

http://www.galpinmazda.com/j/i/34912/vid/455274/VehicleDetails-new/Black_2011_Ma- - zda_Mazda3_i_Sport.html
  • ladyvader401ladyvader401 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_man! you're awesome. Any idea if these numbers will look similar in September?
    Thank you ladyvader401 :blush: . Mazda's current programs are scheduled to run through September 6th. It is difficult to say what its programs will look like after that.

Car_man
    Host
  • ugadoggugadogg Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,

Can you please give me the current MF and residual % for a 2011 Mazda3 s Sport 5DR (5-speed) lease for 3-year, 36k? I was told .00056 and 59% for the Automatic, but I'm interested in the 5-speed as well.

Thanks!
    Hello ugadogg. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 s Sport 5Dr with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier...just as you were told. The residual value for an otherwise identical vehicle with a manual transmission is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.