Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayp130jayp130 Member Posts: 4
    Hey all,

just wanted to share that I just leased 2009 Mazda 6 i Sport in Manual Transmission.

The deal I got was 1200 down, 15k miles/yr. for 312/month. for 36 months

I got it from Palisades Mazda in Rockland County, NY
  • mrebeanmrebean Member Posts: 13
    09 i grand touring

$500 down, 36m, 12k mi / yr$345 a month inclusinve

tampa, fl
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mssurrey. The residual values for leases of this car with 12,000 miles per year are 1% lower than the residual values for a lease of it with 10,500 miles per year.

The last time that I checked, Mazda charged an acquisition fee of $475 on leases in addition to a security deposit equivalent to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment. Doc fees are not required by Mazda. They vary from dealer to dealer and really aren't much more than a way for them to pad deals.

Mazda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 Mazda6. I believe that is is providing an additional $500 loyalty incentive to current Mazda owners as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your leases s1monxsayz and jayp130. Real world examples like these are always helpful for community members who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new rides :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    I am interested in the October numbers for leasing a new 2009 Mazda6 S Grand Touring, 12,000 mi/yr, for both 24 and 36 month terms. Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    2009 Mazda6 s Grand Touring Lease through Chase.

59% for 24 months. Money factor 0.00109
    50% for 36 months. Money factor 0.00063
    Great info, aviboy97. Thanks for sharing. Those numbers match the ones that I have seen for this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • soonere39soonere39 Member Posts: 1
    Can you post the current residual and money factor for a 2009 6i Touring (preferably through Mazda Credit). for 36 months, 12k mile?
    Or is it the same as for the 6s Grand Touring listed above.

Thanks
    Here you go, soonere39. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cl1cl1 Member Posts: 2
    i leased a mazda 6 grand touring s v6. got the works except nav . great car silver with black leather. 800 down 24 mos 12000 miles 454 per month first month, tax reg all included . interested to know how others did. my email is crl1603@yahoo.com
  • rm567rm567 Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in the October numbers (e.g., money factor and residual %age) for leasing a new 2009 Mazda6 I (4 cyl) AT Touring with convenience pkg, 15,000 mi/yr, for 36 months, zero down. And, are there also any special Oct rebates or incentives? If possible, could you provide the info from Mazda Financial and from other leasing programs (e.g., Chase)?

Also, what is your source for the information (in case the sales person or F&I person raises a question) - how can I confirm?

Thanks for your help.
    Here you go rm567. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i Touring with n automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 52%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it. This information is for leases through Mada's captive finance company. I do not follow the lease programs of independent banks so I can't help you out there. I am not aware of any resource that provides information on manufacturers' lease programs directly to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Mazda now uses Chase as their captive finance company.
    Bingo!

Mazda American Credit no longer exists as of Oct. 15th. Mazda's financial arm is now Chase.
    Carman,

Please provide MF & residual for the 09 Mazda6 V6 touring. Thank You.
    Hi ajpbf7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6s Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 52%, respectively. When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • depmikedepmike Member Posts: 1
    or can I do better
    2009 mazda 6 V6 touring with convenience package $25,855

The dealer started off offering me MSRP and once I started to rattle off invoice numbers and money rates He changed his tune. I told them that I wasn't ready to buy yet and that I was going to shop the price at other dealers on the internet. ( 1 came in about $150 cheaper). The sales manger has called me about every 3 days. I told him I wanted to wait till after the Los Angeles auto show so I can compare some other models.... Something tells me I can maybe manage a mazda 6 v6 grand touring with moon roof for about $28,600. has anyone gotten these trim levels at these or better prices?
  • rm567rm567 Member Posts: 6
    Can you post up the program code for that $500? I think that money is regional.

I can find no listing for it in the Southeast region.
  • swizzguyswizzguy Member Posts: 1
    hey guys,
    i like to know the money factor on mazda 6 i-touring with 18K miles for 36months lease program. Also is the $500 cash incentive valid for new york?
    The dealer offered me $260/mo for 36 months with $4k down, but he never mentioned anything about money factor as well as the cash incentive. I am wondering if i can still negotiate the price with him.....

Thanks for your help.....
    Thanks Car_man. Can you give me a November update on the Mazda 6s Touring MF & residuals? 24 & 36 moth terms. Any new cash incentives by chance for KY, OH, IN? I appreciate it.
  • mic1079mic1079 Member Posts: 4
    HEY I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM. I'M IN NEW YORK AND WAS INTERESTED IN LEASING A MAZDA 6 S TOURING 24 OR 36 MONTH 12K WITH $0DOWN JUST SIGN AND DRIVE ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF NUMBERS I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT? IM TRYING TO STAY AT OR BELOW $300/MONTH
    THANX IN ADVANCE
  • r000r000 Member Posts: 53
    Probably around $350 (taxes included) with 0 due at signing.

I know someone who leased a Touring i with no extra options for $313 a month with nothing due at signing, 36 months, 10500 miles.
    You won't even be close. You would be looking at near or over $400/mo. Taxes in NY are outrageous and the residual and money factor are not great on the Mazda6.
    the dealer in ny offered me a I touring with no options 36 month 10 k miles for $337/ month. No money down. $467 out of pocket for first month and DMV
    Lev 49%. Money factor .00044.
    msrp 23375
    Lease end value 11453
    Total cap cost 22235
    Total add cap 595
    Rebate. 850
    Adjusted cap cost 23061
    Total sales tax. 1081
    Total annual fee 130
    Monthly payment. 337.64
    Hi swizzguy. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i Touring with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00044 and 47%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Mazda publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I believe that Mazda is currently providing an $850 cash incentive on leases of the '09 Mazda6.

I see that you are considering making a $4,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be safer going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, ajpbf7. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6s Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00044 and 47%.

Mazda is currently providing an $850 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Not as bad as I thought!
  • davskins97davskins97 Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote from my local dealership for a 2009 Mazda i Touring with the Convenience Package and the Bose/Sunroof Package. Here are the details:
    MSRP $25,745
    Sell Price $23,771
    Residual Value $11,891
    36 months, 12,000 miles/year
    Money Factor 0.00044
    $2000 down
    Monthly Payment as quoted by dealership $329+tax
    Zip Code 53081
    When I run the numbers thru the Edmunds Lease Calculator, I get $329 with tax included, which is a difference of $13 to $14 per month.
    2 questions:
    Is this a decent deal?
    Are there some other bs fees they could be adding in there that I should be on the lookout for and disputing?
  • jacalykerjacalyker Member Posts: 20
    I don't think its so hot - - local dealership had 21920 MSRP for 229/month for 36 months with $999 down plus TTD
  • davskins97davskins97 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, that really is special since Mazdausa.com has this listing in the Special Offers for the lowest model Mazda6:

2009 MAZDA6 i Sport AT (MSRP $19,220)
    $229/Month, 36-Month Lease, $2,824 due at Lease Signing after $850 Mazda Customer Lease Support.

Somewhere there's almost $4000 missing there. But in my rough calculations I see about every $1000 in MSRP or down payment changes the monthly by about $30, so 4 X $30=$120 + $229 = $349. Like I said, a rough approximation, but I bet not too far off.
  • jacalykerjacalyker Member Posts: 20
    Now the 21920 car is 199/month + 999 and TTD, 36 months
  • flyerguy1flyerguy1 Member Posts: 4
    All,
    I am planning on leasing a 2009 mazda 6i sport with auto transmission. I understand the MSRP inc destination is $21920

I believe the November program numbers for a 36 month lease with 10k miles a year are 49% and .00044 for the iSport

I got a "best" offer of $1700 total out of pocket (inc TTDMV and first month) and $258 a month.

Question:
    Are my assumptions correct?
    Does this look like a good deal? I feel like it should be a little lower and that there are some aquisition or other fees included.

Finally, I live in NY and am transfering my registration from my old car. The dealer wants to charge me a total of $205 to handle registration /title/ inspection/processing fees.

This seems high given that it only costs $7.50 to transfer registration.

Your thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Carman! Can you provide the December MF and residual for 10K per yr on the Mazda 6s Touring? I really appreciate it.
  • joe2010joe2010 Member Posts: 2
    flyerguy1

Sold Mazda's until recent slowdown for 6 years. don't know NY state laws, but usually leases have a few fees that look like one large fee. it includes a documentation fee, title, and license fee. depending on states/local rules the amount varies (in my state/locale the fees total $350). my state and local documentation fee is $250 by itself & the other $100 is for plates, title, & registration (you usually can't transfer lease plates...unless special circumstance which is another topic) . don't know how your tax rates are or work, but based on the information you have provided it seems like you are getting a pretty decent deal on the car. If your tax rate were 7% the car is being offered around $19600.
  • flyerguy1flyerguy1 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Joe,

Thanks for the information. In New York the taxes are 8.625%. Nice huh? Guess I got a good deal...

Anyone interested in the dealer, let me know.

Flyerguy1
    No problem, ajpbf7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6 Touring Sedan with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00044 and 47%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $850 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • templer16templer16 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Just got back from looking at a 09 Mazda 6 I Touring with the convenience package. Sticker on it was 24,850 and dealership offered me 317/mo + tax with a 1000 down on a 12k 36mo lease. Dealer quoted the actual sales price of 20,780 and 22,784 after fees and OTD(whatever hell that is). I need to know how much more room I have left to negotiate with. My original goal was to get this car for 300/mo with 0 down on a 36mo lease. Any chance of this happening base on these first numbers? Oh btw I live in Colorado if that helps with anything
  • joe2010joe2010 Member Posts: 2
    Please make sure that you either build into your lease or pay upfront the $150 fee from Chase to waive the disposition fee at the end of the lease which last I heard was about $300. Mazda Credit never charged disposition fees (a fee "OF NO VALUE" to turn your vehicle in); however Chase does.

To answer the question accurately you would have to know all of the fee structures:
    Aquisition Fee $595
    Doc, License, & Registration $200-400 depending on where you live
    1st Payment $317
    Disposition Waiver $150

Total fees on this vehicle before tax should not exceed $1200-1400, unless out in Colorado you have some fees that I am not aware of. If you assume that they were showing you $20780 which includes the $850 lease rebate, the total fees are actually $1304.

My guess is that they are not truly selling you the vehicle for 20780. If they were, you would be between 240-250+ tax.

$22784 is probably invoice or near so. If that is what they are really charging you & your tax rate were 7.25% & they are building in all of your fees then you should be $333 w/tax, $1000 down, and no prepayment of disposition fee or $338 w/disposition fee waiver.

A true sign & drive (no money down & no money out of pocket) would be $362 or $367 w/fee waiver using the same above assumptions.

Good Luck!
  • templer16templer16 Member Posts: 6
    Well I finally decided to go ahead and get a new mazda6 i Touring with the convience package. All in all it was actaully a really nice experience, much better that my previous one when buying a CX-7.

At the end of the day I leased the car for zero down 292.50 encluding tax with a residual buy out of 11,944 on a 36mo/12k. The sticker MSRP was 24,900. So far seems to be a great car and more importantly the wife loves it!

Just curious to see how my numbers are stacking up against others?
    Hi templer16. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $850 cash incentive that Mazda is providing on leases of it.

It looks as though the dealer invoice price of this particular car is around $22,850. Subtract $850 from that and you're at $22,000. Add a couple hundred bucks for the dealer and you are at around $22,300 or so. The selling price of $20,780 that you were quoted is outstanding for a lease using Mazda's special program. Just make sure that the dealer uses its special lease money factor of .00044 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • leepoffaithleepoffaith Member Posts: 38
    Could someone please provide the money factor and residual value of a Mazda 6s Touring for 24 and 36 months with 12k per year. Also, does anyone know if the 850 lease incentive is still valid? Thanks!
  • tamzabtamzab Member Posts: 4
    I posted this in another forum too, Im not sure which one I should post it in, so I did both.

Im looking for the base 09 Mazda 6. I'm getting the car under the S plan.

Went to Maple Shade Mazda in Turnersville, NJ

The dealer info doesnt add up to me. The invoice I got off of Edmunds said $17,601 plus destination charge. The salesman said that Edmunds was innacurate and the invoice was $19,739. He said the $19,739 included $670 destination fee, a $253 Philadelphia assessment fee (he said all Mazda's have this, its an advertisement fee, I have never heard of it) and a $87 level 2 emission fee (He said NJ requires it... idk). That is $2,138 more than the invoice... That soulds way off to me.

The S-plan is usually the invoice and a 2% discount right? maybe I got the wrong info.

Here's the numbers he gave me

MSRP: 21,020 (Edmunds said it was $18,550)
    Invoice including the fees, $19,739 (thats what he said is the lowest he could go) Edmunds said $17,601
    Cap reducation of 903.00 (I dont know what that is...)
    Term: 36 months
    Money factor: .0002300
    Cash Due: $1600 (that includes $750 of my money, the 1st month payment, and $850 lease support from Mazda) But now that I just added it.... that doesnt make sense.. It would have to be $1,893.41

Monthly payment 293.41, that does not include gap insurance

He said Taxes are $762.28 , we are 7% in NJ
    The it says fees/Lessor $403.30 - he said that was the tags.

Am I getting ripped off or is he actually right? I just dont understand how he can say Edmunds is wrong.
    Greetings leepoffaith. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6 s Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00023 and 46%. The $850 cash incentives on leases is still available.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tamzab. The pricing information that is available here at Edmunds.com does not add in the mandatory destination charge for vehicles until after you have selected the options that you want. Even after adding destination to the invoice price that you got here, the number that the dealer quoted you sounds high. It is $2,138 over the invoice number that you said is listed here, yet when the dealer tried to explain the difference to you the charges that they mentioned only add up to $1,010.

There are tons of Mazda dealers in New Jersey. I suggest that you try shopping around with another dealer or two to see what sort of prices they quote you.

Car_man
    Host
  • jvostjvost Member Posts: 37
    Hi Car Man -

Can you confirm the buy rate for a Mazda 6i grand touring 36 mos 12k lease is .00023? 0.55% interest? Also residual of 46%?

If so, great rate!

Thanks!
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    What are the current 36 month lease numbers on a 2009 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring with 10K per year in the Omaha, Nebraska area. I was told this region doesn't get the $850 lease cash. Thanks.
  • jodony1jodony1 Member Posts: 19
    Just signed on a 6 i Grand Touring AT black on black leather with moonroof/bose for 36 months / 12k per year in greater NY area.

Price: S-Plan price (available to anyone) $26,332 - $1,000 loyalty (for Mazda customers) - 850 lease incentive (for anyone) = $24,482
    Money factor 36m/12k mi: 0.00023 (very low!)
    Residual 44% - not too bad.

Monthly $342 (taxes upfront) (at 10k/y it would be $337)
    Taxes and fees upfront total $2300.

Zoom zoom!
  • johnnycinco5johnnycinco5 Member Posts: 1
    Templer16...hoping you can provide insight on how you were able to get the lease numbers down. I just test drove the '09 Mazda6 iTouring w/convenience package. Dealership quoted me MSRP of 23,375 less rebate of $850 for purchase price of $22,525. For $0 out of pocket lease that works out to $393/mo. They used residual value of 47% (or $10,986.25) on 36mo/12k. Sales tax around here is 8%. The money factor offered was .0013 or 3.12% and they told me it's determined by Chase so they have no control over that. Basically told me only thing they had room to move on was purchase price of vehicle.

What type of numbers were you able to get that helped you get down to $292/mo? My wife really likes the car but I was figuring I could get it for like $300/mo. Right now that doesn't seem possible. Thanks for any insight!
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    I was quoted $390/36 months on a 2009 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with everything except Technology Package. MSRP was over $28,000. The only way to get it down to under $390 would be to to what Templer16 did and put $2,300 down, although I don't ever recommend putting money down on a lease.