Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Car_Man,

My wife is looking to lease her next car and I was intrigued by Mazda's $199/month lease deal on the new 6. However, she's accustomed to driving top line trim levels. So having said that, could you please tell me what the MF and residual is on a 2010 Mazda 6 S Grand Touring would be for a 36 month term and 15k miles per year? I don't think I could convince her to drive a 4 cylinder with cloth seats. Nice, huh?

It's down to this or a 2010 Volkswagen CC 2.0t with dsg tranny. Whichever we can get the better deal on.

Thanks!
  • yovoyovo Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2010 i Touring Plus for 36 mo, 12k a year. Turning in a leased Volvo at the ended of the month. I want to put no money down. What should I expect to pay? Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    HA I had the same problem, kmouradian, but over the years I've finally worn my wife down ;) . Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6 s Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    HI yovo. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and invoice price. You can find this information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Car Man....do you happen to have the november lease numbers for the Mazda 6 (all trim levels)? Looking for 12k mi/year. Thanks!
  • jeff7800jeff7800 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man

I've been following your great work over the years and now I need your help. I went to make a lease deal and I believe they quoted me just below sticker. Can you please quote residual value and money factor for both models based on 36 and 42 month lease assuming sticker price of $29,140 for the V6 and $26,685 on the V4. 15k miles per year.

Basically, the scenario is that I wish to negotiate the sticker price to somewhere around what I would pay if purchasing. I believe somewhere between $27-28k for the V6 and somewhere between $25,250-25,900 for the V4 are good prices according to what I can find online.

On the V6, assuming a price of $27,750 + dealer doc fee and motor vehicle fee of $720 for a total of $28,470 and putting $1k down, what would you consider a good monthly lease for 36 and 42 month @ 15k annually.

On the V4, assuming a price of $25,750 + fees of $720 for a total of $26,470 and $1k down, what would you consider a good monthly lease rate for 36 and 42 month @15k annually.

Also, am I better waiting until T-giving weekend or the end of the month, or even the latter half of December? My current lease expires Jan 6 and I am considering staying with Accord or trying Altima/Mazda6.

Thanks so much!
    Hi sprinkler13. Mazda's current 36-month buy rate lease money factor for all 2010 Mazda6 trim levels is .00092.

Its 36-month, 12,000 mile per year residual values are as follows, 56% for the Mazda6i Sport, 55% for the i SV, 56% for the i Touring, 55% for the i Touring Plus, 52% for the s Grand Touring, and 53% for the s Touring Plus.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks jeff7800. With that sort of start to your post, you've got my undivided attention ;).

I see that you are considering doing a 42-month lease. I really wouldn't lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car. Here are the 36 and 39 month numbers.

Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car are .00105 and 48%.

Let's work up some payments for you and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $29,140 and a capitalized cost of $28,470 for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $426. The payment for an otherwise identical 39-month lease would be $416.

If you were to lease a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $26,685 and a capitalized cost of $26,470, the 36-month, 15k payment would be around $402. The 39-month payment for this car would be around $392.

I see that you are considering making a $1,000 down payment on your lease. There's nothing wrong with paying a little money at signing to cover things like your first month's payment, security deposit, even the acquisition fee if you really want...but it's not a good idea to make a capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Mazda's current lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the month. It is difficult to say what its December program will be like at this point. If I had a lease that was scheduled to end in January, I personally would wait until December to lease for two reasons:

1) I would avoid wasting a payment by either turning in my current car early or paying for two vehicles at the same time for a month

and

2) I would not be surprised in the least if Mazda enhanced its incentives in December to make a big push to make its annual sales total look as respectable as possible.

Of course, it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future programs with 100% accuracy, but that's what I would do if I was in your situation. Good luck and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoofdpijnhoofdpijn Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I'm interested to hear if you think Mazda's latest lease offer on the 6i sport is a compelling deal or not. Zero due at signing and $269 a month for 42 months. Does the 42 month term ruin this deal because of it taking it outside of warranty coverage?

Thanks in advance.
  • cptpicardcptpicard Member Posts: 4
    It depends on which bank you are using, If they are using Mazda Bank it will have a different money factor or rate than Chase for example, specify which Bank they are using when getting quotes
    Hi hoofdpijn. Mazda's December lease program on the 2010 Mazda6 is actually pretty good. Its money factor for this model is slightly over 2% and its residual values are respectable. I personally wouldn't lease this car for 42 months though. You are free to lease it for however long you want and still take advantage of its special lease program. The payment for a shorter lease would likely be slightly higher though because you would have fewer months to spread the initial depreciation hit out over. If I was in the market for one, I'd go for a 36 to 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • kona86kona86 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

I am shopping for a 2010 Mazda6 i Grand Touring, I am fortunate to have the Mazda "S Plan" discount and have received a quote on a 10k mile/yr 42 month lease of $358.91 which include MI state tax. The cap cost was $24,116.09.

I stumbled across this article and it has given me some doubts. :confuse:

I don't know what Top-level dealer engagement or stair-step programs are and they seem to be shrouded in secrecy according the the article. Is this a non issue or something that may be significant?

Do you think that the quoted price could be better?

Thanks!!
  • stoaviostoavio Member Posts: 15
    I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe (most basic model) in "poor" condition (cracked windshield, cracked taillight, worn upholstery, low tread on tires, etc) that I'll be trading in. It runs perfectly and apart from the cracked windshield ($100 to fix) and taillight, it really isn't in that bad of shape. I bought it two years ago for $7,000.

Anyway, today I was negotiating the price to lease a 2010 Mazda6 iTouring for 48 months down from $298. First I spoke with the salesman and he apparently neded to bring in the pivotman who he introduced to me as the finance manager. Then, I told the finance manager I wanted tinted windows and leather seats and I keep beating him back on the price. We agree on $235/mo. for 48 months WITH my trade-in being valued at $2,900. At first they appraised it at $2,000 but I felt that was low and he said they could swing $2,900 for it. This is all on paper at this time.

I ask for 5 minutes to place a phone call before signing my name and getting the paperwork going. While I'm outside, the original salesman comes out and tells me it's a no-go. "No dealership on planet earth is going to be able to work that deal for you" he said. I asked if he'd spoken with the finance manager I was previously dealing with and he said "yes, we spoke to the GSM and there's no way we can do it".

First question: what's a GSM? Second question: What if I had signed my name instead of stepping out to place a phone call? Would they not have been able to honor those figures we settled on? Why was the finance manager giving me numbers that apparently exceeded the dealership's boundaries? I mean, he can't just sit there and go lower and lower on price without some understanding of how that will affect the sale, right? Did he plug those figures into the computer and learn that they would take a beating on the deal or something?

Was sending me on my way and claiming they weren't able to swing the deal just a negotiation/sales tactic? Was that their way of pressuring me to return and making me bite on their earlier offers or do you think he was being honest when he said they just couldn't make it happen?

I just found it odd that the supervisor/finance manager was dealing back and forth with me on numbers and apparently only needed my signature to finalized the deal but then sends the salesguy out to tell me what was once possible no longer is.

Thoughts? Do you think it's impossible to lease a 2010 Mazda6 iTouring for $235/mo using my Vibe as a trade-in? I'll still be pushing for that leather and those tinted windows!

:confuse:
  • michaelfnmichaelfn Member Posts: 6
    Car Man, would you please post the newest (1/2010) Money Factor and Residual for a 2010 Mazda6 i Grand Touring for 36 months, 36000 miles when they become available? Thank you
    Hi kona86. Stair-step dealer cash promotions are programs that provide dealers with dealer cash payments that escalate as they sell more vehicles. Mazda's use of this type of promotion used to be more wide-spread. To the best of my knowledge, the only stair-step program that Mazda is running right now is on the Mazda3. I don't believe that there is any volume-related dealer cash on the Mazda6 right now, so you probably don't have to worry about it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi michaelfn. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6s Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00171 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • inrook05inrook05 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, Need your advice.. We're planning to lease a 2010 Mazda 6i Sport for a 24 month lease, 10k/ yr mileage. One dealer price is monthly payment of $290 (including tax) with downpayment of $500 (including first payment, plates, etc..). We're not going to purchase it after the lease. Is this a good deal? What other things do we need to consider?

Thank you.
    inrook05
    Hi inrook05. I find that the best way to tell if one is getting a good deal on a leased vehicle is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if one was paying cash for or financing. Find out what this car's MSRP and selling price are and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrpjrjrpjr Member Posts: 1
    My local dealer is offering $5000 off the MSRP of a new Mazda 6. They claim that Mazda is offering them incentives that allow them to sell for such low prices.

It almost seems too good to be true but they're talking about $15000 for a $20000 car.

I was going to get the Sport package but now I'm going to upgrade to the Touring to get a few more extras.

Pretty amazing deal in my book.
  • new_to_leasingnew_to_leasing Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    You have opened my world. So glad I stumbled across this site before leasing a car! Can't tell ya how much I appreciate your help.

I am wondering if you can share what the residual value and money factor are for March, for the Mazda6, all trim levels, 12K & 15K. And would waiting until April make any difference at all, in your opinion?

Thanks so much!
    Wow thanks new_to_leasing :blush: . You just made my day. I'd be happy to help you out. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Mazda's current lease money factor for a lease of any 2010 Mazda6 in March is .00110.

Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual values for this car are as follows:

2010 Mazda6 Sport Sedan with auto trans: 57%
    2010 Mazda6 Sport Sedan with manual trans: 56%
    2010 Mazda6 SV Sedan: 56%
    2010 Mazda6 Touring Sedan with auto trans: 56%
    2010 Mazda6 Touring Sedan with manual trans: 56%
    2010 Mazda6i Touring Plus Sedan: 55%
    2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring Sedan: 52%
    2010 Mazda6s Touring Plus AT Sedan: 53%

Mazda's current programs are scheduled to run through March 31st. It's difficult to say what its April programs will be like at this point. I suspect that they will be fairly similar to the current program, but again it's tough to say.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrivers1jrivers1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    Hi Car man,

I was just quoted for a Leased 2010 Mazda 6 iSport w/automatic trans for $239 a month w/12,000 miles per year with only 1st month and DMV fees due at signing..Do you think this is a good deal? Thanks for any help
    Hi jrivers1. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to take a look at this car's selling price and full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers make it much easier to figure out how much of a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • c_dubsc_dubs Member Posts: 1
    I'm hoping to taken advantage of this month's Mazda $0 due at lease signing deal. Here are the quotes I've received so far:

2010 Mazda 6 iSport w/automatic trans
    MSRP $21,170.00
    Lease price $18079.00
    42 month lease/42K miles
    $206/month

Does this sound reasonable?
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    I'm hoping to taken advantage of this month's Mazda $0 due at lease signing deal. Here are the quotes I've received so far:

2010 Mazda 6 iSport w/automatic trans
    MSRP $21,170.00
    Lease price $18079.00
    42 month lease/42K miles
    $206/month

Is that with or without S-Plan and loyalty bonus?

I got a quote of same thing for the same car, $0 down, sign and drive, no disposition fee at lease end, but with S-Plan plus loyalty cash, but over 36 months with 10,000 miles per year.

If that's without S-Plan and bonus cash, I probably am getting shafted on my S-Plan quote.

Can you name the dealer?

Thanks.
  • miamimike1miamimike1 Member Posts: 13
    MAZDA6 i Sport Automatic Transmission

$199/Month Lease for 36 Months
    $0 Down Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $0 First Month's Payment= $0 Due at Lease Signing. Tax, license, title, fees, options and insurance extra. Monthly payments include $595 acquisition fee.
    Hide Details

MSRP $21,320. Lease payment based on capitalized cost of $18,565 after $2,000 Mazda Customer Lease Support. Total payments of $6,954. No security deposit required. Dealer participation required. Tax, license, title, fees, options and insurance extra. Monthly payments include $595 acquisition fee. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through participating lender. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 30,000 at $0.15/mile. Purchase option at lease end for $12,579 plus applicable tax. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/1/10. Residency restrictions apply. See participating dealer for qualifications. Excludes One Pay lease option

APPEARS to be without loyalty bonus
    which is this

Current Mazda Owners can get Owner Loyalty Cash toward the purchase or lease of a new Mazda:

$500 Owner Loyalty Cash toward 2010 MAZDA3, MAZDA6, CX-7 or CX-9

This offer is for a limited time, so see your Mazda dealer today
    Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program $500 is good toward a new 2010 MAZDA3, 2010 MAZDA6, 2010 CX-7 or 2010 CX-9. Excludes MAZDASPEED3. The Mazda Owner Loyalty Cash Program CANNOT be combined with other private offers but CAN be combined with other public purchase incentives including but not limited to customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers. The offer is transferable within household, must live at the same address. Present dealer with proof of ownership (copy of vehicle registration or title) at time of purchase. Offer expires 06/01/2010.
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    miamimike1, thank you.

So, based on the info you posted, the lease should run $199 - $14 ($500 / 36 months + $13.88), or $187 per month, if one has loyalty cash.
  • 2010mazda62010mazda6 Member Posts: 2
    I just did a last minute Sign & Drive ($0 down, $0 payment).

2010 MAZDA6 i Sport Automatic

36 month lease
    15,000 miles per year

1st payment waived, but I paid about $250 for fees and registration.

$222 per month (tax included) x 35 months

Is this OK deal? Good Deal? Great Deal?
  • nbnotarynbnotary Member Posts: 1
    What dealership did you get this deal from? That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for ... I need 15,000 miles/year. Thank you!
  • ws01ws01 Member Posts: 11
    looking for residual and MF for i touring model for 24 mo lease with 15k per year
    thanks
  • nick_lnick_l Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have June residuals and MF for 36m, 15K leases on Mazda 6 iSport and iTouring?

Thanks!
  • miamimike1miamimike1 Member Posts: 13
    just got a 2 month extension on my 27 mo lease - and what was a 10K miles/year lease is now limited to 27K plus 2K miles!!!! IDK if this ALWAYS happens and it doesn't affect me as i'm low mileage anyway but HEY . . . . thought i'd pass it on.

mike
  • crossover1crossover1 Member Posts: 27
    Just leased the i Touring:

36/12K
    0 Down, S plan
    $217+6% MI tax ($228 per month)

Looks like a fair deal based on the previous posts.
  • crf2318crf2318 Member Posts: 6
    Car Man - can you list the MF & Residual #'s for the different trim levels of the '10 Mazda 6, mainly looking for the iSport & Grand Touring. 30mth/12k lease. Thanks!
  • rolento76rolento76 Member Posts: 47
    I am looking to lease a 2010 Mazda 6 iSport AT. Can you provide me with the mf and residual for a 10000 mile, 36 month lease?

Thanks in advance!
    Here you go crf2318. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6 i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for the Touring model are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rolento76. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Mazda's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • leasemeleaseme Member Posts: 14
    Can you post the residual and MF on 2011 mazda 6 isport (auto)
    trying to negotiate 36 months lease. any help would be appreciated
  • amms1000amms1000 Member Posts: 5
    Hay ... can you please send me which dealer you got your car from ... I am looking for a Mazda 6 2011 in MI
    Thanks
  • nick_lnick_l Member Posts: 3
    I got a good deal on a 6 from Mark at Ferndale Mazda back in June.
    Hi leaseme. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mazda's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 i sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00079 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Can I trouble you for the 36 month, 12k/year info on the Mazda6 sport, V6, Touring or Grand Touring models? Are there any incentives? And what is the acquisition fee?
    Hello everyone
    I am looking to lease a Mazda 6 2011 iSport for 36 months 15000 miles
    the best price I can get so far is
    $0 down payment (include tax and 1st month payment and registration fees)
    $245/m tax included

any of you know a better dealer price in Detroit or Washtenaw area ????

Thanks
    AS
    Hey ddelise. It's no trouble at all. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 Sport V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00079 and 62%.

The money factors for leases of the 2011 Touring and Grand Touring are the same, but their residual values are 59% and 55%, respectively.

Mazda's acquisition fee is $595.

Car_man
    Host
    I am looking to lease a Mazda 6 2011 iSport for 36 months 15000 miles
    the best price I can get so far is
    $0 down payment (include tax and 1st month payment and registration fees)
    $245/m tax included

from my reading .. I think I can get a better price

what do you thing ... is it a fair price ????

do you know a good dealer in Detroit or Washtenaw area ????

Thanks
    Hi amms1000. If you provide me with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact car that you're interested in I will be happy to work up a lease payment on it for you.

You can find these numbers over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much Car_man for your help
    the last price I can get so far is $20345 with %60 Residual
    The fair price on edmonds website for this car (market price) is $19850.
    I was looking on other posts and I found that people are getting the same price for the Touring not for the i sport
    Thanks for helping again
    You're welcome, amms1000. Is the $20,345 price this car's selling price or its MSRP? I need both to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • runnernicrunnernic Member Posts: 15
    hi i'm looking at the mazda6 s grand touring with navigation and the technology package along with remote start.... i'm in new jersey and drive an 08 mazda cx-7... my lease is up this year and i'm wondering if i can have a round about idea how much a 36 month lease on the 6 would be with no cap cost reduction thanks!
  • jtraversjtravers Member Posts: 16
    Hi, CarMan.

If you don't mind, could you please provide me the current money factor and residuals for a 36 mo lease on both a 2010 Mazda6 i Grand Touring and s Grand Touring with tech pkg for 10K and 12K mi/yr?

Is there any specific length of lease that looks more attractive for the Mazda6 when looking at money factor and residual value?

Thanks!