Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out, jtravers. Mazda's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. The 36 month term is probably as good as any on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tamzab123tamzab123 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I have never ended a lease early so I don't really know how the process works. I received a letter today from my mazda dealership saying they could get me out of my lease early. I didnt know they could do that.

I don't really want another mazda but I was wondering if another car company could end my lease. I don't want to add negative equity into a new car. I have a 2009 mazda 6, I have 11 months left in my lease. Im well below my mileage due to having a work car. I get 10k miles a year (30k total) and I have 15k miles on my car with 11 months left.

Is there any chance I can get out of my lease without paying a ton of fees or geting negative equity?

I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
    Hi tamzab123. From time to time manufacturers run early lease termination programs that let current lessees out of their contracts a couple of months early if they agree to purchase or lease another one of their vehicles. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that another manufacturer will be able to get you out of your deal early for free.

Car_man
    Host
  • trenztrenz Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering if I could get the March lease rates for a 2011 Mazda 6 Touring Plus Auto. The MSRP is $25,035 and the invoice is $23,201. This is for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.
    Thank you.
    Here's the information that you're looking for trenz.

Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 Touring Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • phoenixxphoenixx Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Hi..Thanks for this great service.

I am looking at a 2011 Mazda 6 I Touring with an MSRP of $23,850.
    I was offered a price of $22,087 (I am confident I can do better).

I know the formula for a lease but I don't know some of the specifics to plug in:

I am looking at a 12k/36 month or a 15k/36 month.
    I could look to 39 months if it helped the payment.
    Do you have residuals for these 4 scenarios ??

Obviously I also need the March money factor.

I see acquisition costs at $595 and I have to include the CT Conveyance fee of $325.

Finally, is Mazda offering any Manufacturers Discounts or Rebates ??

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
    Hello phoenixx. Ford Credit's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00108 and 54%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Mazda is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    Hello Car man,

Could you please provide the current lease numbers on the Mazda6i Grand Touring 24 months/12k per year?

Could you also provide the same figures on the Mazda6s Grand Touring (V6 model), same criteria? Thanks.
    I'd be happy to help you out, biggbrother.

Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6i Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00029 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Mada6s Grand Touring are .00029 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • csof7csof7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I have some specific and general questions for you. First, do you have the latest money factor numbers for a mazda6 i touring at 36 months and 10K miles per year. Also, is there typically much variation between models? The MF may be a factor in deciding which model to look at.

Also, I've always come to this forum to find this MF information, but is there another place that lists this info? It seems almost a bit silly to have to come and ask specifically for each make/model/version every month, but maybe that's how it is.

Thanks for your help.
    Welcome csof7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 i touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00064 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual values vary slightly by trim level, but the money factors for all '11 Mazda6 models are exactly the same.

I'm not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • solarijoesolarijoe Member Posts: 18
    Leased a 2011 Mazda 6i. Terms are 36 months/15k per year. Payments are $225/mo with first payment down. The dealer paid us $1,600 over the lease buy out price for our Nissan, so the lease included this $1,600. The Mazda dealers were pretty aggressive with our trade - seems like they're anxious to move cars.
  • gmoney020573gmoney020573 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man,

Can I please have August residual and money factor for 2011 Mazda 6 I touring and I grand touring for 24 and 36 months , 12k per year.

Thank you in advance, your knowledge and forums are a great tool for us.

G
    You certainly may gmoney020573. Mazda's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Mazda 6 i Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00083 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00064 and 51%.

The money factors for the i Grand Touring are the same, but the residual values are 58% and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • apstlapstl Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man-

Can you please provide to me the money factor and residual for a 2011 Mazda 6 Sport 36 and 42 month leases, 12,000 miles. Would you recommend one lease length over the other?

Thanks so much for the information you provide.

APSTL
    Hi APSTL. Mazda's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda6 i Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00069 and 56%. That's probably the term that I'd go with if I was in the market for this car right now.

When negotiating your deal on this car make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • soxfan99soxfan99 Member Posts: 1
    Good Day,
    Could you provide me the money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease, 12,000 miles for a Mazda 6 iGrand Tourning. We have scores in the 750s
    Would you recomend anything in particular?

Thanks
    I'd be happy to help you out, soxfan99. Mazda's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ankurchopra87ankurchopra87 Member Posts: 22
    Carman,

What are Mazda's money factor and residual for 36 and 42 month leases on the 2012 Mazda6i Sport automatic, 2012 Mazda6i Touring automatic and 2012 Mazda6i Touring plus Auto for 10k and 12k miles.

Thanks a lot..
    Hi ankurchopra87. Mazda's March buy rate lease money factor and residual vale for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda6i Sport with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Touring Plus would be the same.

These cars' money factors are slightly lower in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • jarbrojarbro Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

What are Mazda's money factor and residual for 36 mon lease on the 2012 Mazda6i Touring Plus for 10k and 12k miles?

Also curious about the same for the CX-5 touring for 10k/12k mi.

Thanks.
    Hi jarbro. Mazda's lease program for this car varies by region. Its buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda6i Touring Plus varies from .00006 to .00062. Its residual values for a 36-month, 12k lease of this car are 50%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The 36 / 12 numbers for the CX-5 Touring FWD are national, .00142 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmunizdmuniz Member Posts: 39
    Hi Carman,

Can you please give me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring with 10,000 and 14,000 miles, no money down in Nassau County, Long, Island, NY
    Sure dmuniz. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda6 i Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year in New York are .00004 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. The 10k residual would be 2% higher.

There is a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • balthazar9balthazar9 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_man,

Could you look up the residuals and money factor for a 2013 Mazda6 i Touring 36 month 15k/yr lease in the Philadelphia area?

Thanks! :)
    I'd be happy to balthazar9. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6i Touring with 15,000 miles per year in the Philadelphia area are .00014 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $900 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
  • 1maz61maz6 Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon Car_man,

I was hoping to obtain the residuals and money factor for a 2013 Mazda6s Grand Touring 36 month 15k/yr lease in the western Pennsylvania? Additionally, are there any other lease or buy incentives that you are aware of?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    You're in luck, 1maz6. You are in one of the states that Mazda is running a more aggressive lease program in. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6s Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year in Pennsylvania are .00029 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mazda is currently providing a $2,200 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Car_Man,

Has Mazda released numbers for the brand new 2014 Mazda6 yet? Looking at 15K year/36 months.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    With the new model hype starting over the 2014 mazda 6 I am looking at finding a deal on a 2013 loaded V-6 model. Can you provide the MF and residual % for a standard 12k/year lease on the s Grand Touring model?
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    I went to a Mazda dealership this morning before they were open. They had a 2014 Mazda6 sitting outside with no sticker on it. It was the Soul Red Metallica color that Mazda has used in almost all the promo photos, and man was that a beautiful car. Easily the best looking midsize sedan available, even when compared to the Fusion or Sonata. I can't wait to go back and test drive one when they are actually on sale and they have more stock to choose from. This one appeared to be loaded from looking inside the window.
  • hondaman38hondaman38 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, can you help me out? What is the mazda residual and mf at 36 months, 10K per year, for the above car (MSRP $22,520 incl. destination)

Appreciate it, Car Man. Thanks!
    ref: 340
    Hope you know that these 2013's are going for 4-5k below msrp since the 2014 is now visible at dealerships. time for a deal...
  • hondaman38hondaman38 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, got a quote at $17.4, but can probably do better. Thanks, Pegasus. Lease deal not quite as good. The price in the lease is about $17.8 (before acq and doc).
    With the new model hype starting over the 2014 mazda6, I am looking at finding a deal on a 2013 loaded V-6 model. Can you provide the MF and residual % for a standard 12k/year lease on the s Grand Touring model?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Mazda has a lease deal showing for each trim level of the 2013 Mazda6. For the 2013 s Grand Touring, it is shown as follows-

$337/mo for 36mos
    $2,127 due at lease signing
    12k miles per year
    Based on MSRP of $30,785
    Includes $2700 Leasing Bonus Cash and $850 Dealer Contribution.
    Residual at lease end- $13,057

I've found a VERY tempting deal on a 2012 Mazda6 at one of the dealers here in metro Atlanta. I went yesterday to check it out and take a test drive...and they let me bring it home for a "48-hour test drive". So I have it until Monday.

It is a 2012 Mazda6 s Grand Touring, Silver/Black, Technology Package & Navigation System- MSRP- $34,390, MY PRICE- $24,499 + Sales Tax! That is $9,891 off MSRP...or 29% off! As of now, I plan on buying it on Monday instead of returning it! =)
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Hi romil01 Yes, Mazda did just introduce the lease program for the 2014 model a little while ago. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 i Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings pegasus17. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6 S Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 to .00060 (it varies by region) and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $2,700 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hondaman38. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6 i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00005 to .00060 (it varies by region) and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,700 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey pegasus17. I just answered your post a few seconds ago. Please scroll up for my response. Thanks and have a great day!

Car_man
    Host
  • nvnick1nvnick1 Member Posts: 9
    Carman -

Can you provide the current MF & residual for the '14 6 Touring here in Indianapolis? That's for a 36 mo, 12k miles/yr lease. Mazda recently announced that they were adding the manual transmission to the Touring car (currently only available in the base Sport model); does your crystal ball know when it will be released??? As always, thanks Carman!
    Certainly nvnick1. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Currently the manual trans is only available on the Sport. I'm not sure when it will be available on the Touring model.

Car_man
    Host
  • austinite23austinite23 Member Posts: 30
    Hi,

I am getting a 39mo lease (10k mi a year) with $0 down for touring with navigation package for $350 a month. I'm not sure how good of a deal this is...going to check out a couple of other cars but if anyone can tell me if this is a good price, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks1!
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    You need to find out the residual, money factor and capitalized cost of the car as well as any fees included or not included in the capitalized cost. Any reputable dealer will tell you if you ask. You can't comparison shop on monthly lease amounts. You could go to ten dealers and nine give you one price and the tenth gives you a price $100 lower. You think you just got a great deal, but you put the numbers into a calculator and you find out the lowest lease quote actually priced the car out at abover MSRP.
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    Perhaps I am missing something, but what you have stated doesn't make sense. Why should the buyer care if the lowest lease quote actually priced the car out above MSRP? First of all I don't think this is likely, since generally the higher the selling price the higher the lease (generally).

But secondly, the buyer is only concerned with how much money he is putting down and how much the monthly payment will be while meeting the desired terms of the lease (lentth and miles per year).

So if Dealer X is meeting my terms at the lowest monthly lease rate, but on paper the selling price is higher, I don't care if the dealer is making more money on the deal as long as I am paying LESS than at another dealer.
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,
    Would you please provide the leasing information for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic for zip 66502 in Kansas? This would be for 36 months at 12,000 miles/year. Feature, economy, & price wise, I'm thinking it might be a better deal than a Mazda 3 i Touring HB & wanted to compare.
    Thanks,
    Will_KSU
    You are missing quite a bit and that is the reason a dealer would love to have you walk into their showroom.
    Let's say you saw a car with an MSRP of $26,000 but with a selling price of $25,000 advertised by several dealers. Based on that, you would figure you could probably get the car for under $25,000 but worst case the full $25,000.
    However, you are interested in leasing and visit three dealers. Two quote you $350 a month and the other $340. $325 is in your budget, so after some haggling, you knock it down to $325 a month and go home happy. Now, to calculate a lease payment, you need the residual, money factor, MSRP and selling price of the car. We know the MSRP of this car so let's use some typical residuals and money factors (60% and .00125) to back into the selling price. To get to a $350 monthly payment using these figures, the selling price would be $26,300. The $340 payment means they are selling you the car at MSRP. The $325 payment you bargained for means a selling price $25,500. I walk into any of the dealers, ask what the residual and money factors are and then ask for their lease amount. I put them into my calculator and tell them you are charging me more than the $25,000 advertised price. If I use a selling price of $25,000, the payment would be $312 so they say, oops, we must have made a mistake, of course we will use the $25,000 selling price. So you are happy with the $325 and I'm even happier. They are lots of people out there who would never think of paying MSRP for a car but haven't realized they actually did when they leased their car.
    and since your second point mentions using a down payment, I just want to add that unlike a purchase, where it's a good idea to put down as much as possible, it's the exact opposite with a lease. Should the car be stolen or totalled, you will not get back any of the money paid at inception. Yes, you would be paying a little more in interest but that should be considered really cheap insurance. You put down $5K on a lease to lower your payment by about $150/month and the car is stolen, you are out the $5K.
    Hey will_ksu. I see that you're looking at multiple Mazdas ;).

Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Sport with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00073 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck and let us know which one you decide to go with.

Car_man
    Host
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,
    Thanks so much! It's still up in the air, but factoring in insurance, fuel, monthly payments, and taxes, it looks as though the Mazda6 Sport Auto is extremely comparable to a Mazda3 i Touring Auto HB with Preferred Package. For the Mazda6, fuel economy is comparable, insurance and payments are slightly cheaper, and property taxes are slightly higher. All this for a newer model year with a brand new design with more room and more power and equivalent features. It's definitely going to come down to how each one drives.

I know this month has barely begun, but any chance of guessing how they'll change the rates in May?

Thanks,
    Will_KSU