Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Simon. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport with 10,500 miles per year are .00130 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00244 and 42%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind the $3,500 lease cash that is currently available on it. This cash will help you to negotiate a very attractive capitalized cost for your lease. I would be happy to calculate what this car's lease payment should be for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum

P.S. I'm jealous of your short commute ;)
    Hey bendz33. Mazda Credit's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Steph. Let me begin by saying that $4,000 is way to much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment on leased vehicles. I do so because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their down payment essentially disappears. You can and should lease this car' only having to pay its first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Mazda Credit's $475 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at signing.

As far as what to expect for this car's lease program goes, Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 s Grand Touring Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 51%, respectively. If you only need 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual value would be 2% higher. Unfortunately, Mazda does not have a 12,500 mile per year option. If you really drive that much, you will either have to lease with 12k and pay an excess mileage fee at lease-end or just lease with 15k. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, keep in mind that Mazda is currently providing $2,500 lease cash on 2007 Mazda6 Wagons. This cash will help you to negotiate a very attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • stephanekoenigstephanekoenig Member Posts: 3
    Wow thanks for the info and advice car_man. I greatly appreciate it. I hadn't thought about the totalling effect on the car - does that apply even with insurance?. My strategy was just to reduce the lease cost per month by paying more of the capital up front.

Hmm lots to think about.

By comparison I was offered the following lease on a different car that I'd previously thought outside my range:

Merc 2006 R500
    Black/ Macadamia Leather
    18'' Wheels
    317 Comfort Package
    318 Trim Package
    320 Entertainment Package
    324 Sunroof Package
    MSRP: $60,630
    Capcost: $52,900
    Residul: $40,623
    Lease option: 27 months, 12K miles per year, $4,999 drive off (including 1st monthly payment) monthly payments @ $370 plus fee's "tax" = $399.99 monthly.

Which seems a great offer or am I being gullible?

~ Steph
  • bendz33bendz33 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info - I went ahead and leased at the mf/rv you advised. Good to validate the dealer was upfront with me - that's why I went with them. 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring, moonroof, compass/dimmer mirror, CE3 emissions, all weather floor mats, 24 months/12,000 miles: no money down, $24,750 cap cost, 58% RV, .00113 MF. Had to pay acquisition fees (worked on it, but didn't get it out), reg, title. Picked it up last night. So far, a lot of fun for a reasonable price - I think I'll enjoy it for the next 2 years. Thanks again for responding.
  • nearyednearyed Member Posts: 11
    Are these figures (MF & RV) still valid? Does it matter where I live? (I live in FL)

I'm looking to do the 24 month lease on the Speed6 GT. Standard 12k miles, etc.

Thanks...
    Ed
    I'm by no means an expert on this. All I can say is get an offer from a dealer to see what they say their MF & RV and then counter with these figures. I got to these figures through negotiating with 3 dealers in MA. Always good to say you have another dealer giving you these figures as a negotiating tactic. Good luck. It really is a fun car for the money.
  • pegasuszzpegasuszz Member Posts: 31
    What was the total 1st payment to begin? The dealer I shopped with had 1st payment totaling a bit over $4000. That includes 1st month, and $300 security. It sounded like a lot to pay for the privilegde of renting a car for 2 years. How much did you monthly lease payment amount to?

I'm just learing the arcana of leasing and do not want to get taken. How much do I truly have to pay in upfront taxes and fees? (I'm in CT, but can travel to any nearby state to purchase/lease a vehicle).
    My 1st payment consited of my first month payment ($424.44) and the $249 documentation fee and $83.50 for state registration and title. Total: $757.94

(no security deposits, no cap cost reductions, etc.)

My monthly payment brokedown as follows:
    Base payment (depreciation): $287
    Monthly interest (MF: .0013): $58
    Other fees amortized over lease (acquisition document fees and MA excise tax): $59
    Tax (5%): $20.44
    Total: $424.44

In MA we have an annual excise tax, which is calculated off MSRP. Some leases don't include this, Mazda does - this is about $830 for the 2 years of the lease. The acquisition fee of $595 is charged by Mazda leasing for doing the financing/lease paperwork - this is a negotiable fee.

Good luck.
    Thanks, that helps. It seemed rather strange to pay 1000s for the privilege of moving Madza's inventory.
    There seem to be additional upfront fees asked in CT. Does anyone know why?
    On a previous Mazda corp internet ad, I saw upfront payment of about 800 more in CT than in other states. Now, on Mazda's page I see "Leases are not available through Mazda American Credit for customers and dealers in New York State" (this page:) http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPaymentEstimator.action?vehicleCode=MS6&m- odelYear=2006
    I have no problem with a scenic drive to any NY/NE state to save $800.
    Car_Man,

Can you reccomend an online or print guide to leasing? It seems that there are quite a few caveats regarding it; fees tacked on upfront, potential liabilities at lease end, and possibly difficulties purchasing the vehicle at lease end (harder to finance a used car).
    Still, I'm attracted to a lease for 2 reasons: 1, the model I'm looking at (Speed6) has unsold 2006 inventory, and the mfr will probably subsidize the lease to move the last few, and 2 I want to use the savings from a lower monthly payment to reduce other debts. Leasing does appear better suited to a business than an individual buyer for the most part.

thanks
    www.leaseguide.com has all the details you'll need to know for free. They also provide a paid version with premium features.
  • mom2twomom2two Member Posts: 1
    We received a fast lease quote last night and now are a bit confused as to what additional info we need. We have the S-plan, offered to pay $1000 down and with the $2000 available for rebates, we were quoted $359 per month for 24 months with 10,500 miles/year, on a msrp of $23,640 with a residual of $15,626. I need to ask more questions about lease costs but using the web calculators, it "feels" like a huge interest rate. Can you share the current money factors and residuals you have access to from Mazda Credit, please? Also, how about using an outside leasing company - any benefits (we would lose the $1000 rebate if not Mazda Credit)? What would you suggest we can still negotiate on? mom2two
  • somd_driversomd_driver Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man;
    I drove a 2007 Mazda 6 i Value Edition Automatic yesterday in Maryland and was very impressed. Looking to do a 3 year lease with 15K miles/year on a Value Edition or Touring 4 cylinder and am being told that the residual is 54% and MF is 0.00299 from MAC. The dealer figured in the $1500 MAC cash for leasing when proposing a monthly "sign and drive" payment with tax and fees rolled in. Deposit ($350) and first month due at signing. Payments weren't too bad, but suspect the MF is high.

First car is a 2007 Mazda 6 IVE Auto, MSRP $20925, delivered $19999 before MAC cash.

Also interested in a 2007 Mazda 6 Touring Auto, MSRP $23015, delivered $21949 before MAC cash.

What is the expected MAC residual and MF for these cars? I'm looking to do the buy before 11/30 for the MAC cash. Thanks very much!
    You're very welcome, Steph. Yep, even if you have insurance if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident any down payment that you made is gone. You're not being gullible about the Mercedes-Benz R-Class. Mercedes is having a really hard time selling this model, plus it is trying to break its sales record by selling as many vehicles as it can before the end of the year. It is running some amazing deals on the R-Class right now. Like before though, nearly $5,000 is way too much money to pay at lease signing. You should only have to pay this truck's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at signing. This probably amounts to closer to $2,000 than the $5,000 that was used in the deal that you were quoted. Furthermore, you can definitely beat this deal. The capitalized cost that you were quoted is not nearly low enough. Mercedes-Benz is providing a whopping $10,000 dealer cash on the 2006 R500 right now. Try to negotiate a price that's close to dealer invoice and then subtract the ten grand and you'll have a heck of a deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, bendz33. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Ed. Mazda's lease program does not vary by region. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 MazdaSpeec6 GT with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 58%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the whopping $4,000 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I certainly can, pegasuszz. The following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com contain just about everything that you would ever need to know about leasing: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Check them out and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mom2two. Given the fact that you are able to purchase, or in this case lease, this car through Mazda's S-Plan you should be getting a good deal on it, price-wise. Still, it would be a good idea to find out the exact selling price of the car that you want before finalizing your deal.

As far as this car's lease program goes, Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 i Sport VE with 10,500 miles per year are .00280 and 66%, respectively. It is difficult to say if any independent bank out there has a more attractive lease program than this on this model. If you were to lease through an independent bank, you would lose out on any bonus cash for deals through Mazda Credit, but you would be able to take advantage of any normal customer cash that is available, when you wouldn't have been able to on a Mazda Credit lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi somd_driver. I wouldn't worry about the lease cash that is available on this car going away. While it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives, they generally increase as the model year progresses. The lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 Mazda6 doesn't strike me as some sort of special promotion that will only be available for a limited period of time. Disclaimer: there's no guarantee that this cash will be extended, but I suspect that it will ;) .

Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 i Sedan Value Edition with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • fedriverfedriver Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,
    Has the lease rates for December change much? I am looking for a 36 month lease and 12k miles per year. Also, what kind of rebates can I expect when purchasing with a lease.
    Thanks,
    FeDriver
    Hey FeDriver. Mazda's lease program for the Mazda6 varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in leasing a 2007 Mazda6 sedan. Mazda's buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of any '07 Mazda6 Sedan is currently .00234. The '07 Mazda6 Sedan's residual values vary by trim level. To give you an idea of what they are currently like, Mazda Credit's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual for the '07 Mazda6 i Sedan is 54%. Let me know if you want a different model and I will tell you what its lease program is like. When negotiating your lease on an '07 Mazda6 sedan, make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that Mazda is providing on it into account. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • daddypostdaddypost Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a mazda 6, either S-touring, or S- grand touring. Would you mind filling me in on what I should expect to the cap cost to be for the cars? I'm assuming no accessories, just base. Also, what type of incentives are they giving. One local dealer has a '06 mazda 6 MSRP $24,620 less MFG REBATE -$2500, less MAC rebate -$1000, plus a dealer incentive of $3030 for a total of $18,490. Should I expect the same type of discounts throughout the entire 06 line? Also, if you could look at the Residual %, and MF for 36 month/15,000 mile lease it would help. Thank you for all your help, not only for me, but for everyone that comes here looking for advice.
    You are a god send.
  • dotsyncdotsync Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_man,

It's the beginning of the new year I'm looking at leasing a 2006 Mazda Mazda6 4dr Sedan s Sport. I need to know the residual, money factor, and any lease rebates/dealer cash that would apply to this vehicle. I'm looking at a 36mo/15k lease with nothing out of pocket.

Also, in your opinion, is a lease or purchase stronger on this vehicle? The salesperson I was dealing with today seemed to think that leasing wasn't even worth looking at and the buy was stronger. He was saying I should buy with rebates ($2750) plus take the high rate from Mazda (~9%) to get the financing rebate ($1000). Then refinance 3 months down the road with my own credit union. He seemed to be pushing this approach and it sounds like a crock of crap to me.

Thanks!
    Nick
    Hi daddypost. Mazda is no longer providing lease support on the 2006 Mazda6. However it is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on the 2007 Mazda6 Sedan. If you were able to negotiate a selling price of $500 over invoice and then have this lease cash subtracted, your car's capitalized cost would be at around $1,000 under invoice. You definitely should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for these cars lately: "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as these cars' lease programs go, Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 Sedan s Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring are .00240 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Nick. Unfortunately, Mazda is not longer providing lease support on 2006 models. As a result, if you really want to lease one you would have to do so through an independent bank. You probably would be better off leasing a 2007 model at this point and paying cash for or financing a 2006 model. Mazda is providing a special $1,000 bonus on this car for consumers who finance one through Mazda Credit using its standard finance rate, which is terrible. If you want that route you definitely would want to refinance your car in a month or two. That is a lot of hassle and I don't know what the interest rates are like for refinancing vehicles right now, but by doing this you can get an extra grand off of this car's price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • teach42teach42 Member Posts: 7
    There seems to be a pretty decent lease offer available from Mazda right now. The 07 Mazada 6 sport value edition on a 27 month lease for 199/month, based on MSRP of 21195 and cap cost of 16995 and 2000 down.

Is that a decent deal? And should I be negotiating it further? How can I find out things like the residual and money factor for current leases?
  • majbabyarmmajbabyarm Member Posts: 4
    Car_man
    In my area there is a dealership offering 8k off the 2 remaining ms6gt's they have in stock. The one I am looking at msrp s at like 31600. I am looking at leasing for 2 years and 12 or 15k. I am pretty sure they will honor the discount in the ad, but I was trying to get a feel for money factor and residual before I get down to brass tacks. I do not know where to find that on my own. I also would hope Mazda Credit would help with the lease for a better money factor.
    Thanks
  • teach42teach42 Member Posts: 7
    Ok, I may be going through with this deal tomorrow, but I'd love to hear anybody's thoughts before I do.

2007 Mazda6 Sports Value Edition
    MSRP 21125
    Offered price 16995
    MF .0029
    65% residual

There's a 1801 security deposit which I'm not thrilled with, but I can tolerate. 199 for the first month's payment, plus since I'm in Illinois, you have to pay taxes on the entire care which comes out to 1387. 143 for plates as well.

So I'm putting out 3530 up front, but I'll be getting back the 1800 from the security deposit on the back end.

When all is said and done, it's 199/month for a 27 month lease.

Seems like a good deal to me. Any thoughts or advice??
  • zims2730zims2730 Member Posts: 7
    Car_man
    I haven't actually ever posted on the forum, however your information I have used in numerous of my previous car purchases. So I wanted to thank you prior to asking this question. What is the residual and money factor on a 2007 Speed6 Grand touring with 15000 miles a year. In addition, what are the current factory incentives being given?
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Hi teach42. Mazda's current lease program for the Mazda6 isn't bad. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that it leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable and chances are that Mazda is not advertising a rock bottom price on this car. If it did, its dealers would be pretty annoyed. Shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the Mazda6 that you want. Make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on '07 Mazda6 Sedans into account during your negotiations. Then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 Sport Value Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00261 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi majbabyarm. $8,0000 is a pretty big discount on this car. A base 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring has a spread of $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $3,750 customer cash and $500 dealer cash that are currently available on this model and there is a total of $6,550 to play with. So it looks like an $8,000 discount is well below dealer invoice. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda Credit is offering leases on 2006 models any longer. As a result, if you want to lease this car you will have to do so through an independent bank, if there are any out there that are still leasing '06 Mazdas. Chances are that you will be better off paying cash for or financing this car than leasing it this late in the model year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome aboard, Brian. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful. Here's the information that you're looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for, so for now I will assume that you're interested in a 39 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 007 Mazdaspeec6 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 49%, respectively. When you negotiate your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • wagagogwagagog Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,

You've helped me with my last few leases, and I want to extend another big thanks for that!

Currently, I am looking for a lease on a 2007 Mazda 6i Sport Value Edition with a manual transmission. I want a 10.5k mile/yr lease with $0 down, but I'm trying to determine the best term length to go for to get the lowest monthly payment possible. Anything between 27 and 48 months will do.

All I need are money factors and residuals and I can at least spare you the math. I think the 27 mo. numbers are 65% and .00261, but I'm unsure of the longer terms (36, 39, 42, 48?). Do any of these terms have numbers that might make for lower payments?

I also have a question on the lease cash for this car. A local ad (Pittsburgh, PA) last week said $1000 customer cash and $1000 MAC, but you (above) and the Mazda website say the MAC is only $500 for this month. Which is correct?

Sorry to take up so much of your time with all these questions. I greatly appreciate your help.

Many Thanks!
  • wagagogwagagog Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,

We went ahead with the lease. I had the numbers a little wrong. It seems the automatic Mazda 6i VE had a 27 month residual of 65%, but the manual's residual was only 63%.

To bring our monthly payment down a bit, we decided to go with a 48 month lease. The residual was 46% and the MF was .00254. Total rebates on the car came to $1500.

I was also unable to find out anything about an acquisition fee, but it seems there is one for $595 (assuming I wasn't being deceived). I accepted it, in any case.

The purchase price of the car was $16,900 (a pretty good deal, I thought), and with the acquisition fee rolled in, the total came to $238.XX/month (I don't have the # in front of me at the moment) before tax with no money down.

Our up-front costs came to $420 for first month's payment and title fees. I've gotten better lease deals in the past, but I found this one completely satisfactory.

We had a very pleasant experience with Rohrich Mazda (e-mailed them my offer) after getting jerked around at Hamilton Mazda more than I cared to tolerate.

We really like the car a lot. Although we wanted to pay less per month, the Mazda 6 is a lot of car for $16,900.

Best Regards,
    Wagagog
  • dudette3dudette3 Member Posts: 45
    Hi car_man,
    Do you know if there are any lease incentives on the Mazda 6 right now? I see the $2500 on the mazda speed 6 you mention above, but it is not listed on the incentives and rebates site (perhaps it has expired?). I am interested in the mazda 6 i VE sedan, please let me know if you know of any lease incentives. thanks!
  • rdawgrdawg Member Posts: 15
    Car_man

With the $3,500 incentive plus $1,000 car show incentive, the dealer advertised price is great, but the dealer takes the incentives off of the sticker price. I always negotiate to buy at or below invoice price. Shouldn't the dealer start below sticker price then subtract the incentives? Can they even go that low?
    I'm looking at an advertised 6i sedan VE for $16,488, which is $4,600 below sticker, but I always figure they leave haggle room on their advertised prices.
    I'm still undecided on whether to buy or lease one.
    You're very welcome, wagagog. Generally speaking, the longer a lease is, the lower its monthly payment will be. Here is the information on this car's current program that you're interested in. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mada6 i Sport Value Edition with 10,500 miles per year are .00229 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00193 and 55%. Lastly, the numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00249 and 48%. I believe that Mazda is providing a total of $1,750 lease cash on the '07 Mazda6 Sedan this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dudette3. I'm not sure why the lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 Mazda6 is not listed in the incentives section of Edmunds.com. I believe that in March, Mazda is providing a total of $1,750 lease cash on all 2007 Mazda6 Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rdawg. Unfortunately, the customer cash incentives that you mentioned are not compatible with Mazda's special lease program for the Mazda6. Having said this, Mazda is currently providing a special $1,750 lease cash incentive on '07 Mazda6 Sedans. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with subtract this lease cash from that. If I was in the market for this car right now, I would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice minus the $1,750, or around $1,250 under invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately: "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gto2xturbogto2xturbo Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm looking at a MazdaSpeed6 Sport. It is a demo w/ 5k mi. $3500 down, $300/mo, 50% residual, 0.0021 on a 39/mo lease @ 10.5k mi/yr. The $300/mo is tax included. Is this a good deal? (PS - they are extending out the warranty and mileage to include the 5k already on it.) Your help/opinion is appreciated. The numbers don't seem to be great, but for this kind of car, the term, and the monthly payment, they fit my needs, so I just wnat to know if it looks good? Thanks
  • mbmanmbman Member Posts: 5
    I am about to lease a 2007 Mazda 6i Value Ed. 4 door w/wing spoiler. Final negotiated price of the car: $18966.00 + $87(PZEV Emission) + $260 (rear wing spoiler) + $595 (transportation) + $328 (New York Assessment) = $20236.00
    Lease terms are: 10.5K yr for 39 months. money factor 0.00193, residual 55%.Mazda may promotion : - $1750. Aquisition cost reduction $595.
    Monthly payments $228 due at signing $1868.52 consists of tax on total monthly payments $766.94 + tax on $1750 customers cost reduction $150.94 + tax on aquisition cost reduction $51.32 + acquisition cost reduction $595 + 1st month payment $228 + NY Inspection fee,Documentation fee and NY tire fee $67.50 _ tax on the $67.50 which is $5.82 all these makes up $1868.52 at signing.
    residual value is $11852.
    My questions are:
    1. $328 for NY Assesments ?
    2. Residual is 55% of MSRP ? i.e $21550 x55%= $11852 ?
    3. Am I suppose to be paying taxes on all of the above as listed..i.e. my payments, tax on the rebate of $1750, tax on aquisition and the rest as per listed above ??
    What would be the best $ value be to lease a 2007 4 door 6i w/AT, with rear wing spoiler? I am in NY, sales tax 8.625%

I thought I was offered a good deal until I read your forum..

I need to lease this car by April 2 to take advantage of the current promo..unless you have an insight on the next promotion.

12K/36 months is preferred..

SUPER CONFUSED !! HELP !!
  • creativityrulecreativityrule Member Posts: 3
    I helped my friend get a great deal on the Mazda 6s SVE w/AT in OC.

Here is the breakdown of the lease:

MSRP: $23735.00
    Cap cost: $20011.39
    Terms: 39 months (12,000 mi/yr)
    MF: 0.00193
    RV%: 52%
    Down payment: none
    Acquisition fee + CA vehicle license fee: $679.00 (total drive off fee)
    Monthly payment: $259.09 + 7.75% Tax = $279.17

IMHO, I think this is a great deal for a V6 vehicle.
    BTW, the car color was Tungsten gray.

The dealership is called "Surf City Mazda" in Huntington Beach, CA.

I can't guarantee you will get the same deal as I did for a friend.
    PU 2007 Mazda 6i Value Edition, Onyx Black, Black interior, rear wing spoiler,PZEV Emissions plus dealer also included remote start.

MSRP: $21550.00
    Cap cost: $19463.45
    Terms: 39 months (12,000 mi/yr)
    MF: 0.00193
    RV%: 55%
    Down payment: none
    Acquisition fee + NY Registration 2 years + new plates + 1st month payment: $444.50
    Monthly payment: $255.90

I rolled eveything into the monthly payments..
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Nice deal. What dealer did you use? Are you on LI? Did you do this by email or face to face?
    THanks!
    Huntington Mazda, ask for Charlie, the Englishman...straight forward kind of a guy no b.s.
    Hi gto2xturbo. Let be begin by saying that in my opinion $3,500 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I personally always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

The money factor that you were quoted looks about right to me, it has since been revised to .00195 for the money of April, but you never mentioned what this car's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were financing or paying cash. This is especially true on demo vehicles where you should be getting an additional discount on top of the one that you would normally be able to get on this model. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you tell me what this car's MSRP and selling price are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello mbman. I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in your state, but you may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting the following sites: New York State Department of Taxation and Finance or New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum