Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• argumentatorargumentator Member Posts: 4
    Hello Kenster,

I purchased the same car a month ago (MSRP $35305). Negotiated price was $29,900, MF 0.0025, $1900 Drive Out, 15k mile per yr, residual was 68% (I think), 27 months, Monthly payment $387 inc Tax.

There seems to be a lot of room for negotiation in the offer you received.
  • samicasamica Member Posts: 3
    my lease is up in March. I have to spend about $600 on fixing various dents and my tires are bad also. My buy out is about 15400 and the car's trade in value is 13644. The car is in good shape( it was a four-year lease) but my brakes are likely to give out in the next couple of months. My question is can I go to a different dealership when my lease is over and just trade my car in so to avoid spending the extra money in fixing the car? I have asked for one-month extention? is this going to make any difference? Please help I need to make a decison now! thanks
  • samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    Hi,

Mercedes-Benz of Larchmont, NY is offering a C280 4Matic with sunroof package, 6-disc CD for $298.00 per month for 27 months, $4393 due at signing. ($3300 capitalized cost, $298 1st month, $795 bank fee) + tax, tags, and MV fees extra. However only 7500 miles per year.

How does this deal sound? Should I try and negotiate for 10,000 miles? or lower cap cost?

Thanks

(P.S. I usually buy, this would be my first lease)
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI Carman

It seems strange that the IS250AWD, the A$ quattro, the 328XI all have pages and pages of pricing questions but the C2804matic has only 2 pages. Is the C280 that bad? It does seem like there is much interest in the car. I was thinking about leasing one (15K for 36 months in NY) but I am begining to wonder. Carman do you have any insights?
    I already received the RV(54%) and tne money factor(.00105)from you. I read in Automotive News that they are giving dealers $2500 to $5000 back on the car. Have you heard anything?

I am interested in your comments.

Thanks
  • drrishisinghdrrishisingh Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm looking for the following vehicle:
    C280 4matic
    Black metallic paint
    MB Tex interior
    Ipod Connector
    Sunroof Package
    6 disc changer

I was quoted the following today at MB in Ohio:
    MSRP 38560
    ( I don't know what the price they decided upon for the actual cost)
    $478.82 for 10k per year including ohio tax.
    Zero down
    $828.82 due at signing which includes a bank fee

What do you think? They've had a bad month in ohio with the snow so I think that their more aggressive with pricing.
    Thanks carman
  • drrishisinghdrrishisingh Member Posts: 3
    Never heard back so I thought that I would report my final deal.

C-280 4-matic 3.0
    Metallic paint
    MB Tex interior
    Sunroof package
    6 disc changer
    Ipod connector

$445 inclusive of sales tax $898 due at signing
  • amosqw201amosqw201 Member Posts: 1
    Argumentator- The lease number you locked are perfect for me ($387 inc tax with $1900 drive out.) I'm looking at C230 with same MSRP and would like to see if my local NJ dealership can match your deal.

Can we discuss off-line? I can call or email you, or vice versa.

Many thanks!
  • babybeansbabybeans Member Posts: 12
    amosqw201 - did you end up getting a similar deal on a C230? I'm soliciting quotes now from dealers to begin the process and am hoping to get something close.

Anyone else get a good price in the last month?

Thanks!
  • corralcorral Member Posts: 58
    Dear car guy, I would like to know if you could tell me the lease money factors and residuals for a 2007 c230 sport, 27 and 39 months, 7500 miles, 10000 miles, and 12,000 miles. What is the acc fee many dealers are quoting 1095. Also is there any delaer cash or leasing cash?

Thanks Very Much
  • jdadajdada Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I would like to know if this is a good deal. Thanks.

6 Disc CD Changer, Sunroof Package, 17" Alloy Wheels, Arctic White, Leather Interior (Typically Equipped)

MSRP : $34,305
    Final Negotiated Price : $29,700
    Lease Term : 27 Months
    Residual Value : 68%
    Money Factor : 0.0021
    Drive Off with DMV Fees, First Month Payment and all that stuff : $2,000

$380.00/Month (Incl. Tax)
  • thezicks2thezicks2 Member Posts: 1
    SOunds good to me. What state is this dealer in? I have a quote for similar with MB Tex, not leather for $477 inlcuding tax with $1,517 out of pocket.
  • jdadajdada Member Posts: 2
    This is House of Imports in Buena Park, CA (Orange County Area)
    The only thing.... if you have tier 1 credit, you should be able to walk out of there with just the minimum fees... you know... the DMV license and registration.

I put 2Gs down and I think I could've avoided that.

By the way... I think you're paying way to much for this car. What are the terms?
    Did a lot of hard shopping, If you really grind you can get a c class for 5000 off msrp for an upper equipped model 37k+ or a lesser equipped car 4700 off msrp. Mb standard residual per lease term, .0020 money factor and 795 acc fee as most dealers try for 1095.
  • kmccarty1kmccarty1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I need help with the following lease offer from my local dealer. The negotiated sales price seems really good to me but the lease just doesn't make any sense. Dealer says it's because the new body styles are coming out. I have been considering a BMW 328i for about the same price and the lease is $200 less a month. Any ideas on what the deal is with this offer. I really wanted my lease payments to be around $550 - $600. This offer makes it more attractive to buy. Asking for advice... I can't find any information on the Mercedes lease rates or residuals on this vehicle anywhere on the internet.

MSRP $44,080
    2007 Mercedes C350 Sport Sedan
    Options include:
    IPOD integration kit: $375
    Split Folding Rear Seats: $290
    7 Speed Auto Transmission: $1390
    Entertainment Package: $1460
    Sunroof Package: $1790
    Destination: $775
    Sales Price $38,330 (they offered me $37,500 to buy it)
    They will pay my first month's payment
    39 months
    48% residual or $21,158.40
    Cost Cap Reduction $1245
    Adjusted Cap Reduction $38,330
    Lease Factor .00400
    Base Mo Rent: $678.24
    Monthly tax 9% LA $61.04
    Total Monthly Payent $739.28

Amount due at start $2104.33
    The issue you are having is the c350 does not have the specials that the 230 does. If you are looking for an excellent lease and can drive a 2 door try the clk350. The money factor is .00095. I believe that the .0040 on the c350 is marked up.
  • ssonixxssonixx Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I was told by a local dealer today that all the C230 lease incentives ended on July 5th. So, I was wondering if you could share the revised lease rates: 27 and 36 month MF and residuals.

Thank you!
  • kmccarty1kmccarty1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip, I used it. I did some additional research on the CLK350 after this post and asked the dealer I was working with if he had one. They were surprised how low the money factor was on this model. They had one in stock and it was the end of the month and were ready to sell me something that day. So I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Cadet Blue CLK350 List was $53,115, selling price $48,531, monthly payments are around $615 or so with tax. I am really happy with this car. It is beautiful. I was able to lease a much nicer car than I expeceted for about the same payment as the less expensive BMW 328i ($38k and $585/month). This forum is a great resource.
  • ksolesksoles Member Posts: 19
    I would love to know this info also! The reps comment was that I was a day late on the programs and cash. He did not go into details but basically said that money and rates were a big cut on the 5th? Can you please post the newest lease rates and cash/incentives if were leasing the 07 C230? 24, 27, 30, up to 36 months? Thanks!!
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Member Posts: 17
    As of July 15th 2007, Mercedes Benz is submitting new rates, due to the unpopularity of their July rates.

As you all my know, July rates (since the 5th) have been REALLY bad. Hang in there and the new rates will come out soon.

I could post the current rates, but it is almost NOT worth it. They are just ridiculous.

Good luck
  • parakramparakram Member Posts: 2
    The 2007 C-350 is being offered with approx. 6k discount over msrp. I was planning for a newer 2008 model, but wanted to have an opinion on this deal --

2007 C-350 7 speed auto RWD Silver/Black.
    Lighting + sunroof + entertainment package + fog lamps.
    BayArea dealer.

MSRP quoted is 44,885/-
    Sale price quoted is 38,500/-

Does this sounds like a good price for a 2007 C-350 OR it is worth waiting for the 2008 C-350 model.

I kinda like the aerodynamic shape and lights of the old model :) but still confused between 2007 or 2008.

Please provide any expert advise. Thanks.
    "I could post the current rates, but it is almost NOT worth it. They are just ridiculous."

I agree to that, we worked some numbers and man were they poor! Esp considering the model has ended and dealers will have the 08 this month if not already showing up! They said they will have the 300 and 350 but next weekend. They did NOT mention anything though about new rates coming up and to try again on it.

So can you please post them as soon as you have them? I would really like to try again with these better rates coming out b/c the one I was looking at is closest to what I was hoping to find! It has everything I wanted minus the bi-xenon's :(
    now being the 16th can you please post the new rates that you said would be out on the 15th? thanks
  • mrummrum Member Posts: 7
    Things have definitely changed. I leased a 2007 C230 in November. It was a black base model w/ no sunroof or cd changer. Sticker was $31,815. Gross cap cost was $28,025. I had $1400 out of pocket and my payment is $376 a month with tax, 12,000 miles and 27 months. I thought that was a good deal. The bad thing is that I had to take it in for service 5 times in a month because my ABS light kept coming on and they couldn't fix it.

Now Mercedes says they will buy it back from me. I thought this was going to be great because I could go lease another C230 with a similar lease program and then have some money in my pocket. I was mistaken. Doesn't seem like there are any good deals right now. I'm not sure if I should get something else. If I am going to have to put a lot down on a car, I'd rather get a BMW and not have to do the service and it drives nicer in my opinion.
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Member Posts: 17
    Sorry, we're all waiting for the rates... I have contacted all of my resources... I think Merc is being SHADY and are telling dealers NOT release the rates.

I know for a fact that they have changed.

Additionally, the 2008 models of E classes were supposed to be here already, but Merc is deliberately holding them back on the docks to make sure their remaining cars are sold first.
    Carman,

Can you please jump in on this one, if anyone has the skinny on these rates its you!!!
    Wow, I feel as if the C Class fans have been forgotten! Its like the two of us talking to no one else / each other! Maybe if we post over in the IS forum we might get Carman's attention LOL

But seriously, rates please :confuse:
  • getbusylivingetbusylivin Member Posts: 2
    Have also been wondering if there are new lease specials coming out for the '07 C230. Looked great in June, and then went sour in July so far. Even if there is nothing official, does anyone expect some specials coming down th epike...my lease is up in 3 weeks, and want to know whether I should wait or look around at other models...
  • mrummrum Member Posts: 7
    Just like some other people on here, I'd like to know if the lease programs on the 2007 C class should get any better. Please let us know!!!! :-)
  • getbusylivingetbusylivin Member Posts: 2
    Just an update:

39 mos./7.5K miles/yr.
    '07 C230/Black/Auto/6CD/Sunroof
    $1,500 drive off and $370/mo. (incl. taxes)
    Don't think I could have done much better with the MF still at .0345.
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    When did you purchase the car? July or August? What was your cap cost? Residual?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'm in the process of buying an 07 C350 Sport, but the finance guy is pushing hard for a lease. The residual is only 52% on a 24 month lease (15k miles/yr). Between the poor residual and high MF, the payments he quoted were $688 with no money down (MSRP $42k and $32k selling price). The payments are actually higher than on a zero down purchase at 5%/60 months ($688 versus $635).

Bottomline: the good deal leases are gone at MBUSA. (But you can get a heck of a deal buying a new C-Class).
    Ya 52% is way low for a 24 month lease. I've never heard of that kind of low residual for a 24 month lease. What the heck is Mercedes thing? BMW's are like 60% for 36 months. I'm hoping that at least they have the high residuals for the C230 though. Back in June it was around 66% for 24 month. Hopefully it's still high for August. Haven't seen the numbers yet.
    I think you're going to be disappointed. The c230 leases available in June were heavily subsidized--you fcould get one for $299/mo without breathing hard. You'll probably have to wait for the lot to fill up with the new 08 C-Class for the good lease deals to come back.
  • focus530focus530 Member Posts: 10
    What part of the country are you in? I am in Boston area and most discount on C350 around here is about $6K. From your post, it seems that you are getting $10K off. Is this on a DEMO car or certified pre-owned?
    Here's a quote I just got today for 2007 C230 Sport:

MSRP: $35,065
    Your Cost: $30,218
    Total Saving: $4847.00
    27 month lease
    12k miles per year
    $3800. total drive off
    $342.41 + $28.35 = $370.66 per month
    Residual 68%
    MF .415

MF is a killer. Almost 10% interest rate. Also that price is $800 higher than carsdirect.com. They must be crazy at MB.
    The car is new with less than 100 miles on the odo. They claim no damage of issues of any kind. It looks perfect in the pictures.

It's a crazy discount but they say that they will stand by their offer. Edmunds cites a $4000 factory to dealer incentive and there's about a $3000 spread between MSRP and invoice. I'm sure there's some holdback, but I don't know where the rest of the money is coming from. I made it clear that I don't want any dealer-added garbage or fees and they claim to understand.

I'm picking the car up Saturday and will post the final results when I get home. They've got my deposit, so let's see what happens.
    I got another quote regarding the MF and residual. It seems the residual is at 68% for either 24 or 27 (for 12K/year) but this time MF was quoted 4.0 for Tier 1 (Last quote was for 4.15). Man these are some horrible money factors. They didn't change one bit from last month. I thought it would get better since they had revised July's numbers mid month. June was like in the 2.15 range with same residuals.
    Just checked August lease rates and they seem to be the same as July. For 24mo/12K C230 Sport residual is 68% and MF is 0.00405. I thought they had changed those mid July but it seems that have stayed the same. Are you sure they had revised them mid July?
  • fico800clubfico800club Member Posts: 1
    im going to get it this weekend. MB site said Im looking at 3700 down 550 / 39 months 10K miles
  • wildtingwildting Member Posts: 8
    Let us know what you get on the C300. We're looking at the same car. Thanks.

JT
  • mrxcelmrxcel Member Posts: 12
    Im also hoping to Lease one of these... anybody has any data?
    Any thoughts on this???
    Thanks for getting back with me. The best lease rates on this car are at 39 months. The residual is 61%. The money factor is .350 Please let me know of any further questions.
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    I ordered a C300 that arrived over the weekend, to my surprise, when running the financials, the money factor was equivalent to almost 8.2% APR with a Tier 1 FICO score, the residual were also pretty dumb as well if you think this is a 2008, point blank, over $550 a month with $4,000 down on a 35K car, simply put stupid! Anybody can lease a beautiful 528 for the same amount and similar equipment or even a 2008 E class for 40 bucks additional a month....what is MB doing? BMW...start a big party..MB doesn't want to mess with the 3...
  • wildtingwildting Member Posts: 8
    I got a decent deal but still don't think it's worth the C300. Basically, on a $38765 Car, I was able to get $565 off. Dealer said the lease would have following terms...
    36 Months
    12K Miles
    61% Residual
    .0029 MF (looks like they are dropping)

Ended up being $619/month with $1500 down. They bank charges an acquisition fee of $1095. I couldn't believe that so I just dropped the deal. $1095 into my 22K or so borrowed money is about a 4.9% FEE!

Just be patient.

J
    Yes, you are right, they will for sure get more competitive, I just think is not the right way to support the launch of the C....you are the 5th person I hear waking away from getting the car due to the financial non-sense. I guess most buyers fir this car don't care about $200 more or less a month, but I just would not allow them to rip me off...let's see how sales perform and it they are included in the September offers...Best! ;)
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Well, make me the 6th person not buying now after getting the following quote for a 2008 C300W4:

MF 0.00335, Residual 71% for 12K, 27 months, Payment 742+tax, and

MF 0.00310, Residual 61% for 12K, 39 months, Payment $694+tax

The lease quotes included the following fee's:

$1195 Mercedes-Benz Financial Acquisition Fee
    $599 Handling Fee

Hopefully MB will get more competitive for September. I being charged $200 - 300 more than the competition (BMW, Audi)for a $40,000 car would be a big deal for anybody in this price range.
    I put an Order, the MB rep said all MF's are coming down in September,

0.00360 was the original MF at this time and 61% residual for a 39 month lease.

Placing an order does not commits you to buy the car, they told me it would take about 6 to 8 weeks for the car to be here since they did not have what I wanted. So if you like the car put an order (does requires a $2000 reimbursable good faith deposit) and you get the October MF.. so there you have it... now i did noticed they have sold everything at the MB dealership where I went to (Tyson' Corner, VA)
  • obrientwoobrientwo Member Posts: 9
    Am hearing that sales of the new model are underwhelming due mainly to very poor lease deals. They are doing a fair number of refundable deposit orders but not a great number. I like the new model and plan to sit back and wait for MB to realize that the new model is good but not blowing Audi and BMW out of the water. The 3 series is still king of the hill but not by as much as before. Deals will be much better in 60 days or so. By that time, the CTS will be out in substantial numbers and the new Cad will be an interesting alternative.
    From what we can see here the must be under performing, the residuals are not bad but the MF is plain stupid. In Florida I ordered the C300 with just $500 fully refundable deposit (This is for the previous post). Pity that nodoby from MB reads these posts, by the time they find out what is going on most of us will already be driving a Bemmer or an Audi... :sick:
    For All, MB offered me a $500 + the $250 (online discount cupon) so a $750 discount and MF will be droping as the fed just droped the rates, it seems that is a matter of time....
This discussion has been closed.