Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• soupamansoupaman Member Posts: 19
    Hi ack300;

Based on MSRP, Sale Price, and Money Factor you provided above, the $490/month including tax is mathematically correct, but they are not capitalizing their maintenance package so you are overpaying still! Wow, they are giving you a run for your money!

Here is what I think:

Okay so your MSRP is $42,120. Your selling price is $39,393, which includes some upfronts with total of $2765 built in ($795 acquisition fee, maintenance, and tax). Therefore, your net selling price is actually $36,618. In effect, you are getting a discount of $5,502 off of MSRP. This discount is in-line with others are getting on this blog.

The question for you now is do you want to capitalize (build into the lease) the other costs of acquisition fee, tax, and maintenance?

1) If you were to remove the upfront costs of $2765 from your lease payments, your monthly payment is ~$352 (pre-tax).

2) By adding the acquisition fee of $795 to the selling price of $36,618, you are increasing your monthly payment to $380 (pre-tax)

3) By adding tax ($976) and the acquisition fee ($795) to selling price of $36,618, you are increasing your monthly payment to $413 (pre-tax)

4) Now for maintenance, this is where they get you. Because of the trouble from their mistake, the lease they can do is give you the maintenance for free! I would insist on this. FYI, the dealer cost for the maintenance is $254 for the 30 months plan. If they push back, your second option is to build it into the lease, but remember that Mercedes allows customers to capitalize the maintenance costs (so you have to add the amount to both the sale price AND the MSRP!).
    - Option 1 have them give you maintenance for free - your monthly payment will stay at $413 (pre-tax)
    - Option 2 (add $254 to the lease on top of #3 above) - your monthly payment is $417 (pre-tax). Remember to add the $254 to the MSRP as well, otherwise, the maintenance cost is not capitalized.
    - Option 3 (add $769 to the lease, this is price quoted for maintenance on mbusa.com) - your monthly payment is ~$423 (pre-tax)

At the end of the day, if the dealer is looking to take the car back and destroy a customer relationship, too bad for them, especially because they made a mistake!

Good luck and stay firm!
    - S
  • ack300ack300 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Soupaman,

Your comments are more than helpful! The final question for me is, these figures are based on pre-tax, what would it be for after tax? I'm based in NYC, so the sales tax is 8.875%, If it's 8.875% on a $36618 car, it'd be $3249.85, if that rolls into the 30 month payment (assuming 3249.85 / 30 = 108.32) So wouldn't any monthly payment of $400 have to add additional $108 = making it over $500? Because if that's the case, then the number seems correct, or am I not capitalizing the tax number correctly? Thanks again!

PS. The finance guy said he'll have his manager call me back so I am going to wait to see what they say. Will keep you guys updated.
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    You are not paying TAX on the whole car but only on the monthly payment ($368 per ur initial #).
    Here is my lease just sign last week:
    MSRP $43,890
    24 Mo/24k miles lease ( ur is 7500mi, so might be in the same residual)
    Drive off $1000 including 1st Mo. + Lic/Title + 2yr prepay Srvc Plan.
    Monthly Payment $400/mo. incl. CA tax 8.725.

So you should be able to get the same deal as longer term and lower MSRP.
    Hi ack300,

Hope the dealership will do its best to reach a reasonable compromise. Would be a shame for them to not own their mistake.

With respect to taxes, there are two that you will be paying:

1) $976 is most likely the tax levied by the county for the term of the lease. Mercedes Finance would bill you the respective annual amounts, if you did not pay it up front. That is different than sales tax.

2) Since you are in NY, you are paying a sales tax of 8.875% on your monthly lease payment. So, if you end up with a payment of $375 (pre-tax), then your monthly payment including tax is ~$408.28.

3) Also, as far as I am aware, the sales tax is also assessed on your bank acquisition fee of $795.

Best of luck! Don't hesitate to post with more questions, if something seems fishy!

- S
    Hi Soupaman,

Posting this message and then heading to bed. Just want to say many thanks for the information - seriously this forum is invaluable for people like me who don't know better, and if anything have just had a good lesson. So thanks again. I finally, after hours of discussion with my wife, figured out how the dealer come up with the $500 mo (just 3 days ago I'd have no idea - thanks again!)

MSRP: 42120
    Sell price: $39383 (as what the manager told me over the phone)
    Fees: Acquisition $795 (assuming maintenance is free)
    Residual: 70%
    Money Factor: 0.00132 (as told me over the phone)
    Sales tax: 8.875% NY
    30 Months
    Monthly payment: $490 (using an online lease calculator)

I think the discrepancy between your number and theirs, lies in the sell price: $39383, which according to Edmunds, is below the TRUE Price (about $40000), and also just below invoice. Is it actually possible for me to get a sell price like you were calculating around $36000? Though the dealer made a mistake I don't want to lowball them if somehow $5000 off MSRP is not possible anywhere in the tri-state area anyway. But if that is possible, then I will stay firm knowing that I could definitely get a better deal getting $5000 off MSRP (or $3000 off invoice). What do you think? Looking forward to your reply hopefully before they call me tomorrow again. Much appreciated!!
    Hi ack300,

You are more than welcome.

Getting 5,000 off MSRP is pretty much in line with the recent deals posted for 2012 C300 models. The dealers were very aggressive!

I got 5500 off of msrp on my car (2012 c300 sport 4matic, msrp of 42,650). That included 2000 of conquest money. But seems like others have gotten the same money as part of their loyalty incentive. See the deal posted by dl_amg, who got and awesome loyalty deal!

Dont worry too much about the invoice price or the True price... The dealers are going below that, way below.

In the end, you need to do what you feel good about. Do what you feel is right so you have peace of mind and enjoy the car. Remember, it's about your emotions, not the dealer's emotions.

Good luck today,
    S
    edited December 2011
    Yes. It's all about how you feel. If you okay with the price and enjoy the car, you should not care much the few $K diff.
    If you like to use Invoice/True Market Value, you should apply the $2k Loyalty incentive (current MBFS active acct holder which you should entitle to), on top of whatever Invoice/True Market Value is. And if you work for big corp. company and they participate MB's employee discount program, you are also entitle for additional $1500 Corp. Fleet employee discount (which you need to apply thru MBUSA site and get them approved w/code).
    In additional, they should throw in that Pre-pay service agreement (at least 2 yrs, since you can always return the car back 4 months early so u don't need to do the 3rd service) for FREE as dealer's screw up and inconvenience for you!! That's only about $250 for dealer's cost.

When you come to this forum, you should be ready for nickle and dime... ;)
    Good Luck with your nego...
    OK after a heated discussion over the phone with the finance manager's boss, here's the final deal. It's not that great, but I am just iffy about going around getting those discounts.

Ticket MSRP: $42120
    Purchase Price: $38389
    Residual: 69%
    Fees: Acquisition $795
    Monthly Payment: $470 (tax included)
    Dealer: Mercedes Benz Manhattan

They WOULD NOT BUDGE on throwing in the free maintenance. Stating that the free maintenance must show up on the invoice since they need to get billed, which I think was ridiculous. That's what they offered to me in the first place - FREE MAINTENANCE. If I have to pay a dollar for it, then it is not free anymore. In the end, I took the maintenance off completely, and opt to get a free 1 time maintenance, which does not go on the record, so my residual value went down. Overall the car is about $1500 below invoice, I was weary about going around calling dealers up asking for deals (dealing with one was annoying enough). The deal is $30 better than my original $500, but still have a bad taste in my mouth mostly because their unwillingness to work and kept on insisting that if I do not want this deal, by all means return the car. Next time I'll do my homework and come back to the forum before arming myself with information and head to the dealership. Thanks guys you guys' been really helpful!
  • gbrock35gbrock35 Member Posts: 4
    New to the forum and was looking for some help. I was looking into leasing a C300 4matic for 30 months with 12,000 miles. These are the numbers I was given over the phone and wanted to see if anyone can help me out with figuring out what the monthly payment should be.
    Thanks for all the help,
    Gerard

MSRP- 44,385

Dealer price- 41,200

money factor-.142

Residual-67%
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2011
    Hey Soupaman… hope you can help shed some light.

looking at a 2012 c300 4matic with P1 and multimedia package.
    36mos/12k
    Taxes (8.625%) and Bank fee (795?) rolled in

I've been dealing with a "car broker" and she is telling me:
    Invoice: 42150
    Sale Price: didn't tell me yet.
    Monthly: $515 sign and drive (except for plates/reg)

In going to a dealer to test drive with a patient of mine (salesman) i was told the following
    Invoice: 42150
    SP: 37888
    Monthly:478

I'm so skeptical about all of it.. not sure how to proceed.. the broker happens to be an acquaintance and can be very "rough" when speaking with her.. she proclaims the dealer is forgetting something.
    and that each car config is different.. but if the invoice prices are the same, the only thing that can affect the lease is the sale price?

But the difference in payments over the lease is 1300.. could that be her fee?

If you think the dealer deal is that good.. should I burn the bridge with the broker? I feel bad, but I assume she has to get paid somehow?

Any thoughts?

Ronny
    Hi ack300,

Well done! Great job on speaking up and sticking to your guns. It paid off because you saved $30/month - that's almost a grand in your pocket over the 30 months.

By the time you are ready for a new ride, you can give the deal a run for their money. Don't forget, some dealers will be able to get customers out of their lease up to 8 months early if they want to move into a new lease...

I have been driving around in my new C300 since Monday and I love it!!!

Hope you enjoy your new ride!
    - S
    Hi gbrock35,

Based on the numbers you provided, I am coming up with a pre-tax monthly payment of ~$482.

Hope this helps,
    S
    Hey Ronny,

To really do an apples to apples comparison here is the info you need from each party (broker and dealer).

1) Confirm MSRP: $42,150 (I assume you meant MSRP instead of invoice, because of the quoted sale price from the dealer).
    2) Sale Price: ? (to be confirmed by broker)
    3) Cap Cost Reduction: confirm it is $0 (by both parties)
    4) Total amount due (by line item) at signing: $? (lease acquisition, doc, registration, tax, etc.)
    5) Adding maintenance: ? (just confirm)
    6) Confirm, money factor or .00142 and residual of 67%

To move things along, if your car is $42,150 sticker, and the dealer is offering you a sale price of $37,888, your monthly payment including tax is:
    - about $481 (if you build in the acquisition fee of $795 into the lease payment and pay all other fees upfront)
    - about $451 (if you pay the $795 fee upfront, along with the other fees)

No idea how a car broker works. Given how much info is currently available to customers these days, you can educate yourself on how to calculate a lease payment and arm yourself with the good deals others are getting on this forum. All of this... for FREE. ;)

Sounds like your broker has an attitude problem. Your question about ditching her conjures up some entertaining responses... to be honest, if she is not disclosing the sale price of the car, she is hiding her fees. You are right to trust your instincts... up to you to if you want to call her out, just walk away quietly, or walk away after calling her out (maybe you have to walk fast with this option).

Spend a few minutes on this blog and read through the deals others have gotten. For example, I got a similar car, msrp of $42,650 and opted in for the 30,000 maintenance package (added this to the lease). My payments are $412 after tax per month (6.25% tax) and $1700 due upfront (included acquisition fee, first month, dealer documentation, plates, registration, tax on bank fee). If I wanted to pay nothing at signing, I would be paying a monthly payment of $464 including tax. The only thing to note is that I was able to get a $2,000 discount because I was driving a BMW... Mercedes has $2000 incentive for competitor cars.

If you decide to work directly with the dealer, then the price of $478/month including tax (and $795 fee built into the lease) is mathematically correct. The rest of the costs - you can ask for it in writing and then post it on the blog and see if you are getting a fair deal.

Goodluck and let us know how it works out.
    - S
  • rbergmandcrbergmandc Member Posts: 16
    Thanks S

Turns out my Audi is not due back until mid February and I'm gonna wait until then.

If the programs change that drastically from dec to feb. then so be it and I'll find something else.

Even if I got the MB I would have had to payout the final 2 payments on my Audi.

Therefore, gonna sit back and stop stressing and revisit the situation (probably without a broker) in February

Thanks again for your help. I love edmunds forums!

Happy holidays and see up in Feb!

Ronny
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mlad11. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C300 Sedan 4Matic with 7,500 miles per year are .00142 and 74%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome cal2000.

Car_man
    Host
  • brandon32brandon32 Member Posts: 2
    Live in NYC. Looking at 2012 C300 Luxury 4matic with Premium 1 package. Was quoted by northern NJ dealer as follows:

$41,805 MSRP
    $38,333 Sale Price
    $1617 Fees Rolled in (Making my last 3 BMW Lease Payments @539 per mo)
    30 mo Lease Term
    68% Residual
    0.00142 Money Factor
    8.875 % Sales Tax
    10k Miles Per Year
    25 cents per mile in excess
    $2000 Conquest Cash applied (Current BMW owner)

Using above, offered deal of $425 per month with $3363 Out of Pocket (itemized below)

first month payment- $425.00
    tax- $1,218.09
    motor vehicle fee- $350.00
    bank fee- $975.00
    prep fee- $395.00
    total: $3,363.09

Please let me know what you think, and where I should seek cuts during negotiations. Seems liek the Conquest cash is the big reduction, not dealer reduction. How much more shoudl I be able to get them to reduce theri price. What fees are the suspect one which hide their profit? Thanks.
  • c300guyc300guy Member Posts: 11
    2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
    MSRP: $46,390
    Sell price: $41,272
    Acq. Fee: $795
    Residual: 68%
    Money Factor: .00142 (had to ask for this, they quoted .00170 at first)
    Term: 30 months
    Miles: 10k/year
    Tax: 9.8%
    Money Down: $3,000 (2,175 cap cost plus first month and license fees and cap cost tax)
    Doc fees: $0
    Base Monthly Fee: $379
    Monthly Payment with Tax: $416

How does this compare to what others have received?
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Car_man

Could you please post the rates on a C300 for:

30 Month and 36 month
    Money Factor
    Residual %
    12,000 and 15,000 miles

Also can you include any dealer cash available. I believe there is a $2500 conquest credit.

Thanks!
  • snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Car_man
    would appreciate if you can post rates for c350 coupe or sedan:
    30 months @ 15k miles annual rate
    24 months @ 15k miles annual rate

thanks in advance,
    Sam
  • palmbeach1633palmbeach1633 Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to work a lease deal with a dealership here in Florida on a 2011 C300 Luxury Sedan; Premium I package; 7 speed auto. MSRP is $38,770 including destination. The dealership has provided me with the following lease figures and based on my research, the payments seem high. Can anyone give me their opinion based on experience with leasing this particular vehicle.

MSRP: $38,770
    Gross Cap Cost: $32,000
    Downpayment: $ 1,200
    Residual: 58%
    Money Factor: .00159

For 33 months 15k/miles/year, payment would be $451 per month.
    For 36 months 15k miles/year, payment would be $531 per month.

Thank you.
  • arajkarajk Member Posts: 3
    you have not mentioned the residual of 58% is for 33 months 15k or 36 months 15 k.

i recently leased a C300 2011 . i can give you my figures for you to compare.

MSRP: 42715
    sale price : 35133
    residual: .63 for 33 month, 12 K miles
    MF: .00109
    with a downpayment of 4K i am paying $227 ( excluding CA state tax)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is looking to interview car shoppers who are weighing a BMW 3 Series or Mercedes C-Class this month because of the incredible incentives/lease deals that are available. If you are tempted, please email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, December 19, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your thought process so far.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saucemangsaucemang Member Posts: 24
    How does this deal sound? i pitched a price I would like to pay for 10k miles a year and navigation for 24 months. I currently have 13 payments left on my c300 which they are going to take care of. the payment would be 401 per month tax included with 500 due at signing. msrp of the car was 43xxx. They said this is the best deal they can do, can't go a penny lower. how does it sound. I'm paying 401 right now for a 2011 c3 with little options.
  • bkharmanbkharman Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

This information has been VERY insightful but I need to hit it home now. Looking at a 2012 Blue C300 with Pan. roof, Lighting package, P1, 1 disk Command and the 18" 7 spoke AMGs. I have an MSRP of 46,790 and was quoted the following. (it includes taxes and pre-paid maine.)

Is there a better lease deal in here somewhere?

10,000 miles @ 48 Months = $505 (with 935 down)
    10,000 miles @ 30 months = $565 (w/995 down)

I feel like there is a better deal in here somewhere. By the way, there is no trade on this one.

Cheers all!
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Sounds like a good deal… if it includes maintenance there is probably only another $10 per month to play with.
    Your getting hammered…

With the conquest the selling price should be $37,308.00including your 3 BMW payments.
    The Bank Fee is $795 not $975
    Get rid of that prep fee - pure profit…
    Tell them you want auto pay to reduce the money factor to .00132 and it saves you and additional $10 per month.
    Switch to a 24 month lease because its about $27 per month

All said and done with the same $3,363 out of pocket your payment should be $320.05 per month for 24 months and 10,000 miles per year. If your not getting this or at least with in $10 per month of it, you need to keep shopping…
  • mrmercedesmrmercedes Member Posts: 1
    i am going to lease a c250 coupe and my dealer is telling me you can't combine the winter event discount with the fleet discount even though it says "make your best deal and then present this coupon etc" does anyone know if this is true?
  • oblomovoblomov Member Posts: 9
    Basically it was $465/month with only 1st payment upfront cost for C300 4Matic Sport with Premium, Command (Single Disk), Rear View Cam, Spoiler, Wood Trim and Panoramic Roof. The dealership I got this from in MD was very good, straightforward and I feel I got a very good deal. I believe it was 0.00142 MF and 67% Residual on 30 months, 12,000 miles lease. This includes Maryland Taxes (which suck on leases).
    Yes, thats correct. You can't combined the fleet with the Winter Event. It can be combined with the loyalty or the USAA discount. What kind of deal were you quoted?
    Hello ntlwhsle. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 C300 Sedan 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00142 and 60%.

The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

The last time I checked, Mercedes was providing a $2,000 conquest cash incentive on the '12 C, but it's possible that it was recently enhanced to $2,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sam. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 74%, for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00225 and 70%.

The numbers for the C350 Sedan are .00142 / 70% and .00142 / 65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Thank you Car_man! What is the typical/acceptable dealer markup on the buy rates?

Sam
  • kellybaby0724kellybaby0724 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

We got this deal recently and would be really appreciated if any of you can give us more insightful opinions on this. (I did a lot of research but still don't really know it well enough, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions)

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan
    MSRP: $46910
    (We added a lot of options like Premium Package 1, Panorama Sunroof, 18" AMG Alloy Wheel, Rearview Camera, Rear Side Airbag, Roof Spoiler, Rear Deck Spoiler, Command Nav, Keyless Go and Walnut wood)
    12000 miles per year
    Term: 30 months
    Money factor: .00142 (not quite sure yet)

The dealer is asking us to pay $16000 up front if we want to pay less, otherwise with my tier 2 credit score I will have to pay out about $18000 for 30-month lease. I can save $2000 over 30 months which is good, but should we bargain for even cheaper price because we pay all payments up front? I don't feel like I have the negotiate power since the dealer said we need to pay more up front because of my not so perfect credit score. (I have average of above 710)

I also heard most people got some fee waived (acquisition fee, dmv fee, document fee, etc.), so please also share with us what should be waived and what is necessary to pay by ourselves?

One more thing, I'm asking it out of curiosity. Does anybody know what factory code is?
    We went to two dealers and they both don't know what that is.

(The dealer called again today and said the car has 2400 miles on the odometer and it is "NOT A USED CAR", so we think it might be a demo car and decide not to take it, but we still want to know if the price is acceptable because we are looking at a car with slightly higher MSRP and would like to negotiate further from this point)

There are so many traps out there and we are really pissed that the dealers are not making it easy for us to get what we want with reasonable price:( I hate to go through this again and again but we should never stop fighting!!
  • palmbeach1633palmbeach1633 Member Posts: 2
    I am still negotiating a lease deal with a Florida dealership on a 2011 C300 w/premium 1 package. This will be the first time I have leased a Mercedes. Their new figures are:

MSRP: $38,770
    Sale price: 32,000
    Acq. fee: 1,095
    Dealer fee: 599
    Tag/Tranfer: 250
    Trade: 1,049
    Zero down other than trade in

Residual: 24/65%; 33/58%; 36/51%; and 48/49% 10k miles
    Money factor: .000159

Lease payments: 33mo/$419; 36mo/$503; 48 mo/$414

All costs rolled into lease.

They are giving me $1,049 for a trade vehicle which, based on my research, is about $1k less than what it is worth.

I asked them why the lease payments for 36 months is higher than both the 33 and 48 and they said that the longer term is usually cheaper, except there is a special on the 33 months right now. Is that true? I was also told that they don't really do 24 month leases any more because the payment would be astronomical. I thought a shorter lease would have a lower payment. Am I wrong???

They keep telling me they are making absolutely NO money on the deal and that it is an excellent deal.

PLEASE give me some insight as to whether any of this sounds like a good deal or should I just walk away?

Thank you for your help.
  • mattsrh1mattsrh1 Member Posts: 1
    I would be very interested in advice on a lease I am considering, because I am not convinced that the dealer is actually offering me a good deal. The car is a 2012 C300 4Matic, on a 30 month lease. I will be at the dealer in the next few days to finalize everything, but I could really use some insight. The MSRP on the vehicle is $43,370, my sale price was $38,870. The residual amount is $29,573 and my lease is a 30-month lease. The tax rate is around 8%, and they asked us to put down first months payment of $540 plus a $795 acquisition fee at signing.

Shouldn’t the monthly payment be less than $540/month to lease a $38K car? Does this sound like the dealer is not giving me the MB incentive financing? They claim we are receiving a $5K discount off of the sticker price, which is the MB winter event pricing, and also threw in free oil changes for the life of the lease. Any insight you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
  • jal2011jal2011 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I am thinking to purchase a Mercedes 2012 C300 4Matic Sport with Premium 1 package and 6-disc package. Here is dealer's quote:

MSRP: $43,770
    Dealer's offer price: $40,377

Dealer said they ran out of winter sales event certificates, so they can't add that discount to me. But I have a fleet plan that I can use that further lower $1,500 off the price.

So finally is: $4,500 off of the MSRP price. Is this a reasonable price? Any other discount I can use?

Thanks!
  • jal2011jal2011 Member Posts: 2
    How much was the price the dealer offered to you?

I am thinking to buy a 2012 C300 4Matic sport, but the dealer just offers $3000 off the MSRP price. Fortunately I have a fleet plan discount to use that is $1500 off. But I am not sure if $4500 off MSRP is a reasonable price.

Thanks.
  • buckeye4ever51buckeye4ever51 Member Posts: 3
    To help people out, here's the deal I just got in Cleveland, Ohio which I thought was very fair:
    MSRP - $41590
    Cap Cost - $36096
    MF - .00132 (Autopay Rate)
    Residual - $30360.70
    24 Month Lease, 10000 miles
    $326.69/month + $20.42 tax, $620(1st payment and doc/tags/etc) due at signing.
    Happy hunting!
  • donnimarkdonnimark Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Could you provide January residuals and MF for 2012 c250 coupes 24/36 month and 12k leases. Thank you ! And is any Mercedes cash offered this month?
  • mbz01mbz01 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for posting dl amg. Was very helpful - I am also in Southern Cali. Was able to strike a solid deal quickly for the car I wanted based on your numbers and new MBZ financial residual and money factor numbers that came out today.
    2012 c250 sport. blk. burl walnut. rev camera. keyless go. rear spoiler. Premium (P1), S32Command (Nav). 993 lane tracking.
    MSRP 41690
    Total drive off $1K included all fees and first month ($147 was cap reduction)
    Monthly payment 399 + tax
    33K miles over term of lease (1K miles per month)
    33 month lease
    Utilized conquest cash, but did not have any other applicable discounts.
    Thanks to all that posted numbers.
  • swizswiz Member Posts: 3
    Not the same car, but close on the MSRP to use as a benchmark

I bought a 2012 C350 in November 2011 with a sticker price of 43,370 (incl. Destination) and negotiated a lease rate of $535/mo for 30 months (10k/yr miles) including service with $0 down. Because of the zero down it is really like a 29 month lease since the dealer in-effect paid the first month payment for me. The final paperwork showed the lease was based on a final sales price of just under $39k. I am from SC where sales tax is capped at $600 but included in the above deal. Felt pretty good about the deal considering it includes pre-paid maintenance. I sold them (traded) my 2006 C230 sport for $13k as a separate deal, but they showed $1k of that coming from the new car purchase (so they in effect gave me $12k). If no trade, that means I should have been able to lease that car for $500/mo I suppose.

The C350 got 28.6 mpg on the highway on my first highway trip for about 500 miles with avg speed above 70mph. All with over 300hp - love it!
    What exactly is Winter Event Discount? Isn't it just a discount factor and residual rate? I got my Winter Event Rate + Loyalty Discount ($2k)+ Fleet Discount($1500) on my C250 back in Nov. 2011. Total discount from MSRP is close to $7700. I guess its all depends on the dealer who wants to work the number with you or not.
    Very nice deal! Glad I can help!!
    I just make my co-worker got the similar lease at different dealer close to our office. MSRP$42k for 33Mo. @1K mi per mo. @$400/mo. incl. Socal Tax. 1st Mo. drive off ($400).
    You're very welcome Sam. For me, the only acceptable dealer mark-up on buy rates is zero :) .

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can donnimark. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease money factors. The last time i checked MB Finance's buy rate standard lease money factor for Tier 1 customers was .00225.

MB Finance's January residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C250 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year is 76%. The residual for an otherwise identical 36-month lease is 68%.

The only cash incentives that Mercedes is providing on this car right now is the $2,000 conquest certificate program.

Car_man
    Host
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    Looking at a few leftover 2011 C300 Sports. Is MBZ still offering the 33 month lease, and if so, what is the residual and money factor assuming 10k miles/year? If the 33 month lease is gone for the 2011, what are the other options?
    edited January 2012
    Based on what I heard, 2012 get better lease rate then 2011 with MB Finance. For purchase, 2011 get better discount then 2012.
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    Hi CarMAn

I just leased one in SoCal(%9.25 tax rate)

2012 c250
    silver
    Black Txt
    Wood trim
    Navigation
    Sirius Sat. Radio
    Keyless Go
    Rear View Camera

MSRP 39520
    Neg Price 35124
    24 months
    12000 miles/year
    Top tier credit score
    %71 residual

355 usd a month *23 months
    3250 total drive off(895 acqu fee+ 205 sales tax + 100 title fees+ 228 Licence fees+ 45 doc fees 9 tire fees+ 1412 cap cost reduction)

Do you think that it is a good deal? Was there any room to go?
    I guess it is reasonable.

Thnx for your comments.
    Hi temiz. The selling price that you were given on this car looks like it is well below dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal. Do you know what money factor the dealer used to arrive at your payment? Either way, this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.