Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• usc_4maticusc_4matic Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man:
    Was this a good deal?

MSRP $44,310
    2012 C300 4Matic Launch Pkg
    Black, P1, COMAND Single Disc, Back Up Camera

24 months at 19,999 miles/ year (dealer said price level for one more mile would increase payment. Is this true?)

$4K down to include all up-fronts, including 1st month, license/registration.

Lease payment is $430 per month including tax. (no trade in, but used USAA discount)

My only regret :cry: now is that I put so much down but the monthly is right where I want it.
    Forgot to mention it is a Sport model and that maintenance was included for the term of the lease.

Had to drive about 2 hrs to Columbia, MO because the Kansas City dealers were not willing to work with me. Well worth the trip.
  • luka67luka67 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman,
    Could you please post the MF, residual values and any incentives on the C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan.
    Thank you,
    Luka
  • gja14gja14 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please post Mercedes-Benz Financial's January lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year?

Many thanks in advance!
  • spursfanaticspursfanatic Member Posts: 3
    I'm sorry for asking a potentially ignorant question. But...

If I just go with one of the factory offered leases for january from MB am I getting a bad deal? I don't really follow all of the various factors being analyzed here and used by people for negotiating one-off leases with dealers.
    See if you can work with fleet/internet sales reps. They work with invoice numbers so they can move units rather than regular salespeople who try to play the MSRP game with you to maximize their cut. That said, fleet depts can take factory offers (usually a bare bones vehicle) and put the options on that you want at invoice pricing, making the deal better for you.
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    Sorry CarMan,

I am not sure about the money factor but it seems pretty low.
    Thanks for your help by the way for making leasing process really easy for us.
  • benjb53benjb53 Member Posts: 14
    What is a good lease price for c300 sedan sport edition

premium 1, COMAND single Disc, Camera, Keyless Go, Wood

33 mths/10,000 miles?

msrp 44,000 (approx)
  • queryquery Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    What's the availability of C250 in the northeast and mid-atlantic?
  • menumenu Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car-Man

Is $359 Lease with 3600 Down on 2012 C-300 4Matic good? MSRP=43,600. 36 Month Lease and 1000 Miles per Month. Leasing Tonite.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi usc_4matic. Do you happen to know your car's selling price? Having it will make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go Luka. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's $2,000 owner loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash available on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gja14. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00146 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    That's not a silly question at all, spursfanatic. All of these numbers can be confusing. The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. That's it.

You can go with the officially advertised deal that is available on the vehicle that you want, but you will probably be leaving a little money on the table by doing so. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in turn lower payments, than the ones that were used to arrive at manufacturers' official advertised payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi menu. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price is?

Car_man
    Host
    MSRP was $44,310. After the USAA discount ($1500) and 4000 for cost reduction and upfront fees, price was approx. $38,800.
    Thanks for the additional information, usc_4matic. So you're saying that you were given a $1,500 discount on the selling price of this car? I suspect that the vehicle that you got probably has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. A $1,500 discount would put you at around $1,500 over invoice...assuming that you don't qualify for the $2,000 owner loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash incentives.

$1,500 over invoice isn't bad, but I personally would have shot for $500 to $1,000 over if I was in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmmm...trying to decypher what the selling cost of the car is from the dealer documentation. MSRP is $43,110. Documents say that gross capitalized cost is $41,920 before any capitalized cost reduction ($2000 USAA discount, not $1500 as I stated earlier). So is selling cost $39,920?

From what I see on TrueCar, invoice for this car was $40,854, which means I was almost $1000 under invoice. Can this be right?

(btw USAA was the only discount I was eligible for)
  • craigjtxcraigjtx Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man
    Can you post the money factor and residual value for the C class coupe 15K miles and 36 mos. Are there any Feb incentives also? Thanks.
  • queryquery Member Posts: 2
    Car man:

Can you let us know what the February residual and money factor are for the c class 250 sport sedan at 10,000 miles per year for 36 months? And are there any incentives such as conquest cash this month? I am seeing conflicting references to conquest incentives on dealer sites. Thanks!
    Hi usc_4matic. I'm not sure whether the USAA is an additional incentive that is provided by Mercedes-Benz or more of a pre-negotiated dealer discount. If this is just a pre-negotiated price then this is an excellent deal. If on the other hand it is a $2,000 cash incentive that is being paid for entirely by Mercedes-Benz then this is not a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for craigjtx. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factors.

MB Finance's current 36-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2012 C350 Coupe is 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings query. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00157 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is $2,000 owner loyalty or $1,000 conquest cash on this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • mb350fanmb350fan Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Have any advice for rescinding the MB prepaid maintenance agreement? I paid $978 for a 36 month 30,000 mile plan that I believe was only $769 as listed on MBUSA. The $978 was added to the cap cost on the lease…….MB financial tells me that I can request in writing to dealer and ask for it to be deleted, but they tell me that the balance (buy out ?) will be reduced by $978. The way I see it this does not help me unless I buy out at end of lease? The lease payment does not change.
  • dbarton7dbarton7 Member Posts: 20
    Hey Car Man. Hope you are well.

Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic Sedan with 10,000 miles per year?

If you could advise on any additional incentives that are avaiable as well that would be great. I am currently in a lease for an Audi and I was told that last month there as a $1,000 incentive for switching to a MB.

Thanks in advance.
    D
  • qualityseekqualityseek Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Hello CarMan!

This is really sad that I have to post this, but arrogance is worse than ignorance... Anyway, I have a 2009 E350 and my lease is ending. There is a $2338.09 balance left - (1 remaining payment- and 2 I put to the back of the lease). Unfortunately, MBFS wont honor the 4 payment pull ahead for any of those payments - and since my credit situation has changed, it looks like I am getting hosed on the money factor.

C250 Coupe - MSRP $40825
    Selling Price - $39500
    Accounting for my neg equity -
    Gross Cap Cost - $40595.00
    Customer Cash - $2000
    Amt Applied Upfront - $1757.54 (I dont know what this means, I am assuming Acq//Doc/etc)
    Total Cap Reduction - $242.47
    Net Cap Cost - $40,342.53
    Residual 68%
    36 Month x 12000 miles - $0.20 thereafter
    Adj Residual - $27,761.00
    Rate/Money Factor - 0.00295
    Buy Rate - 0.00255
    Sec Dep - 0
    Adv Payment - $599.15
    Total Cap Reduc - 242.47
    Upfront Charges - $1158.39

Due on Delivery - $2000
    Base Monthly Payment - $550.69 (before tax)

I noticed the buy rate - they're holding some financing from me. I also haven't told them that I am a USAA member ($1500), but there has to be somewhere else that I am missing out on this deal. I understand my credit isn't very good this time around, 617, but this seems excessive for my 3rd Mercedes.

My calculations are telling me that the financing charge is coming to over $200/mo of that payment! Is there anything you suggest? - or am I just getting taken for a spin.. ? I am supposed to visit the dealership tomorrow at 5pm PST. It's the only vehicle in the area that meets my specs... Please let me know what you think. Its a shame to leave my $0 down $600/mo E class for nearly the same payment on a C....

Thank you!

D

ps- are there any other incentives besides the USAA that I may be missing? and is 36 months the right term?
  • qualityseekqualityseek Member Posts: 2
    Also - is $1095 a normal amount for the acquisition fee? Seems high. And if I am buying it in Arizona but titling and registering it in Michigan, do I still need to pay the $489 doc fee?
  • peterrs4peterrs4 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I was looking at leasing a 2012 C350 w/Multimedia and Keyless go. However, I'm thinking buying may be a better deal. Even if I flip the car in 2 to 3 years, I should be able to come out slightly ahead, vs leasing...if these lease figures are accurate.

I had a salesman run some numbers for me. There aren't any C350 Sedans around locally right now (I'm in the Chicago burbs, so there are a lot of dealers, but not many of these cars).

He said the selling price would be MSRP. These are the figures:
    - MSRP $46,770
    - $1,102 Down (first payment + taxes)
    - 39 month lease (I wanted 30 or 33, but he was adamant that the price would be MUCH higher as the sweet spot is 39 months on them right now. I cannot do 39, I get tired of cars way before then.
    - 12K miles per year
    - Money Factor of .00249
    - Residual 61%
    - Monthly payment of $739

All of this seems WAY to high. At this point, I could buy the car for $850/month, and would much prefer to do that.

Is this guy nuts? What kind of deals are you folks being quoted on a C350? I thought the lease would be in the $550 - $600 range...not $740!!

Any other offers/incentives out there now? I'm coming from an Audi.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    We have leased many cars before. One of the car has 7000 miles after 3 years. My wife wanted to keep the car for our son. It is a good car with low mileage but we can not get any decent trade in I'd we wanted to. If you like to change cars like I do then lease the car. Make the best deal and lease it
    I am doing well, thanks dbarton7. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00177 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Mercedes-Benz is currently providing a $1,000 owner loyalty and conquest cash incentive on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    \
  • leaseseekerleaseseeker Member Posts: 5
    Hi

Is this a fair deal?

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan

10K mile/year lease for 24 months

Cap cost is $38,875 (including $1,500 USAA discount)

Money factor = .00167 (based on auto pay)

Residual is 73%

$458.27 per month (including two year scheduled maintenance).

Total due at delivery=$1900 (includes 1st month payment, bank fee, registration, doc fee, tire tax and tax on upfront items)
    Hi qualityseek. While a .00295 money factor isn't great in today's low-rate environment, given the drop in your credit score and the fact that Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any support on this model it isn't terrible. If you're trying to get an awesome deal, the C-Coupe probably isn't the place to look right now.

If you can't get the dealer to lower your money factor, the only thing that you can do is negotiate as low a selling price as possible.

You asked about any other available incentives. Mercedes is currently providing a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on the 2012 C-Class as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Your suspicion about the acquisition fee was well founded, qualityseek. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current base fee is only $795. The dealer that you are working with is marking up your fee by $300 to try to add profit to your deal. Make sure that they use the base fee if you lease from them.

The doc fee is something that most dealers charge on every deal. It's more fluff than anything. I doubt that you'll be able to get the dealer to waive it, but you an try.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey peterrs4. You mentioned that you are coming out of an Audi. Mercedes-Benz has a bunch of conquest certificates out there right now that entitle current owners of select brands, Audi being one of them, to additional discounts. Specifically, there is a $1,000 conquest cash offer on the 2012 C-Class.

Car_man
    Host
  • peterrs4peterrs4 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I'm talking to several dealers right now, but the best deal I've been able to come up with thus far is:

2012 C350 Sedan
    MSRP: $46,900
    Selling Price: $43,900 + $1095 Acquisition Fee + Title/Taxes/Transfer = $45,229
    15,000 miles per year
    33 months
    Residual: 63%
    Money Factor: .00225
    Total Money Down at Signing: $804.84 (includes first month payment plus misc charges)
    Monthly Payment: $643.46

This is much better than other offers I was getting that were at $760ish per month.

After I finalized all these deals, I brought up to her that I should also get conquest on top of this. (Smart shopping, work the deal, then bring in your weapons)

She agreed, so we can assume another $1,000 off of this, plus I'm going to ask for the acquisition fee to be reduced to the standard $795 (thanks to this forum)...so $205 off there.

Before I agree I'm going to also ask for some winter floors mats, and maybe a coffee mug (they did this for me when I got my A4 lease years ago!!).

Car_Man...thanks for the input thus far. Can you provide me with that money factor for this car? Anything else I'm missing here, or do you guys think this is a good deal?

Also, I'm not concerned about the residual because I'm not going to buy the car after the lease. However, should I be concerned with it that it in some other ways negatively impacts this lease?

Last item...I'd like to get this to a 33 month lease. Do you think it will be possible for them to do so without changing any of the terms?

Thanks again!
  • markp6markp6 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for money factor and residual rates for a new 2011 Mercedes C63. 3 year w/ 10K per year, California. Any help is appreciated!
  • billyboni230billyboni230 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

I have read these boards for years but this is my first time posting. We are attempting to lease an SLK 250 and C250 coupe at the same time.

Do you have the lease rates (residual / money factor) for either 33 or 36 months @ 12,000 miles for both models? I am attempting to be prepared before I make my next trip to the dealership.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
    edited March 2012
    Car Man...Is this a fair deal?

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan

10K mile/year lease for 24 months

Cap cost is $38,875 (including $1,500 USAA discount)

Money factor = .00167 (based on auto pay)

Residual is 73%

$458.27 per month (including two year scheduled maintenance).

Total due at delivery=$1900 (includes 1st month payment, bank fee, registration, doc fee, tire tax and tax on upfront items)
  • diiirkdiiirk Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a c250 sedan yesterday. Very happy with the car, but starting to thing i got royally ripped off. anyone care to critique...

2012 c250 sedan

Palladium Silver/MB Tex
    536 Sirius sat radio
    S32 COMAND Single Disc Package
    MSRP: 37,785.00

Traded in my 07 honda which was appraised at 8k (owned it, so all 8k down)
    Added $1k cash down
    prepaid $700 for maintenance.

Gross Capitalized cost: 36399 + 1095 acquisition fee + maintenance 1119 = $38613
    Adjusted Capialized cost: $29573
    Residual Value: $24,289
    33 months 15k/year
    306/month

I went to the dealer set on purchasing an 09 c300 with 26k miles. they were going to do 25k out the door with 8k on my trade in + 5k cash down, payments were going to be ~200/month. The way i looked at it, in 3 years, i will easily lose that 8k from the honda and could only hope that my 5k was still there, in 2015 how much can an 09 c300 with ~70k miles be worth??. then i realized if i lease a brand new one, yea i pay more monthly, but its a brand new car, and my 5k stays in the bank. when the lease is over, I've lost my trade in value, but that would have been lost no matter which car i was driving.

So. how bad is it...
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    I've leased about 20 cars
    In general with the lease I Never put anything down.
    it seems to be OK.
    Here in TEXAS - the lease is higher than most states. We have to pay TAX for the cost of the entire car. In other states - you only pay for the portion that you are leasing.
    so without any money down - your lease is around $548
    I am looking to lease for my wife and it is around $558 no money down for 7500 miles per year
  • billsmith2billsmith2 Member Posts: 1
    So I went to the dealership today to get a lease quote. I have no credit and I am looking to lease, I have a full time job. Here is the quote I received from the dealer, please let me know if it is good or not.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe New
    27 Month Lease , $635 per month
    Down payment = $5500
    Annual Mileage = 12,000
    Residual = $30,400.00
  • atl_mbfanatl_mbfan Member Posts: 2
    I am attempting to lease an C250 Sedan in Atlanta. I also have a MB SLK 230 to trade in.Are there any other available incentives?

Do you have the lease rates (residual / money factor) for either 33 or 36 months 10,000 miles ?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
    Hey peterrs4. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the C350 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time that I checked, its buy rate standard lease money factor for Tier 1 customers was .00225.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi markp6. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C63 with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is not providing lease support on this, or an other for that matter, 2011 model any longer. As a result, if you want to lease you are better off going with a '12.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome billyboni230. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a C250 Coupe are .00225 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leaseseeker. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money.

It's difficult for me to give you my opinion on this car's selling price without knowing what its MSRP is. That number will show me how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi atl_mbfan. Mercedes-Benz is providing a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on the 2012 C250 Sedan right now that it sounds like you will be eligible for.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Apologies Car Man.

The MSRP is $43,370.

Please advise.

Thanks
  • akeyesakeyes Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    Im supposed to pick up a new 2012 C300 sport tomorrow and now in reading the posts are not sure if its a good deal. Hopefully someone can help.

C300 Black with MB Tex, 12k per year 33 months including Premium, Rear Deck Spolier, Multimedia Package, walnut trim and keyless go.

MSRP $45,510
    Discount $4,254
    Price $41,255
    Prepaid Maint included ($799)

Residual $30,081

Drive off $1,930
    Monthly $528.91
    Rebate of $1272 for last two pymts on BMW

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stressing over this!
  • benjb53benjb53 Member Posts: 14
    sounds like a so so deal to me....I have similar options on my C300 and am paying $474 with taxes and got back $500 for last car payment....so it sounds like the last payment you are getting paid is getting added to the lease price....do you have backup camera as well?
This discussion has been closed.