Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• 1stbenz1stbenz Member Posts: 1
    Local dealer offered me a $472/mon lease 10k yr, 39 mons. The MSRP on this car is 37,900. It's fully loaded including the Harmon Kardon entertainment system. Out of pocket 1700 bucks for 1st mon + incep fee. Plus they are paying the last 5 lease payments from another car, about 1,800.

Is this a steal????
  • ksolesksoles Member Posts: 19
    Considering the rate on them is 9% it seems like an Ok start, is the $472 include or + tax?

And honestly, willing to bet just about anything that "they" are not paying those last 5 payments, you still are. They are rolled into your C230 somewhere for sure, making a good impact on your monthly payment, approx $60-70+-.

List out the cars packages and the lease break down. Will show you where
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    A Colorado dealer is discounting the remaining 2007 C230s $6,000 below MSRP, and that is because of MB support )I heard the term "3,000 trunk money" mentioned in this context). So, yeah, that's probably where the money for the 5 payments is coming.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    This is one of those rare situations where "No reasonable offer will be refused" is actually true. Many MB dealers are swamped by leftover C230s and will do almost anything to get them off the lot--got to make room for the new model!

I got my 07 C350 for $10k off MSRP (but the 350 had $4k factory-to-dealer). That said, solid credit and a strong will might even get you a C230 for $8k off.

Happy hunting!
  • obrientwoobrientwo Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone have recent lease or purchase deals to share? I went to my local dealer last week and they offered only $500.00 off the MSRP and the starting price of the lease deal was full MSRP with a terrible MF. I informed the salesman that I did not see how they were selling any and that maybe I would come back in a month to see if MB has gotten a dose of reality. I got the feeling that he agreed with me but that the dealership or MB had tied his hands. He tried to push me to put up a refundable deposit saying maybe the lease and purchase prices would be better by the time the car arrived. Can't see why anyone, at this time would choose a C Class over a 3 series or an A4. If lease deals and purchase deal get better, then maybe......a big maybe.
    When I bought my 07 C350 last month, I talked with the dealer about the 08 (no intent to buy, just curious). Because I had already bought my car and we were just waiting for finance to finish the paperwork, he could be frank with me. He told me that they were easily selling their entire allocation without any discounts whatsoever.

"Can't see why anyone, at this time would choose a C Class over a 3 series or an A4"

I also own a BMW 330 Convertible and love it. So, when I started to get the car buying fever, I looked at BMW again. Even with the max discounts on a 335 of about $2500, a loaded 08 C350 was still less expensive than a comparably-equipped 335. So cost shouldn't be a big factor for you--just buy the one you like better.

As to the A4, there's simply no camparison. I've owned two Audis and loved both (the last was a TT Roadster). However, either the MB or BMW would mop the floors with the best-performing A4. From a practical perspective, both the BMW and MB offer more interior space. The only reasons I see to buy the Audi over the others are lower cost and styling preference. Even Audi's AWD is matched by BMWs Xi models and MB will follow with a 4matic soon.

If I were still in the market, I'd wait a little longer for the prices of both the BMW and MB to decline and then buy the one I liked better. By the way, I bought my 07 for the reasons I mentioned above: lower price and styling. I really prefer the curves of the 07 MB to the more industrial-looking 08 and it was about $10k cheaper than an 08 335 would have cost me.
  • mrxcelmrxcel Member Posts: 12
    Guys, would you please enter specifics, like what MF are you getting, price etc... and or specific discounts, this way we can use the forum more effectively?
    I reordered a 08 (see my previous post), recently the dealer e-mailed me about a $500 discount starting Oct 1st...
  • jc2552jc2552 Member Posts: 3
    I got into an accident in July. I was hit by someone who was talking on the phone and went throuhg a red light. It was a T-bone collision and the driver side was hit directly. The firefighter spent 15 minutes to rescue me out and the car was totally lost. I felt so thankful to MB curtain airbag and side airbag. It saved my life. Therefore, I decided to lease anothere C-class (used to lease a C240). The new 08 C class is so popular. I have searched all the deals in L.A area and found it hard to neg. Finally, I leased one in Reverside.

2008 C-300 steel gray, auto, sport package with P02 option. 10,000 miles per year for 39 months. Total drive off was $3000 (included license fee, first month lease) for $499.99 per month including sales tax.

Please let me know if this is a good deal. Thanks.
  • encinoguyencinoguy Member Posts: 6
    What was the MSRP price? Did you get any discounts or rebates? what was the Money Factor ? Did you get any other options like Navigation or only the PO2 option ?
  • vita604vita604 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, please !!!! answer : how match mons. payment for this car
    C-300 , 2008 !!!
    Down payment 4000 , i have driver license 1 mon.
    I am 25 .
    THANXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is car forum # !!!!
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    Car_Man or anybody else....please help with MF and residuals for the C300...!
    Residual @ 61% 39 month lease
    MF Not sure.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Most people who fit into this car are between 18-39 and responsible with their money. Lets not not forget, this is not really a Luxury car. A fully loaded Camry will run you about the same. Youll see as many C-Classes on the road as Camry's due to the low price.

The entire car is complete PLASTIC. Mercedes needs to improve every aspect of the car in order to be on par with Lexus, Infiniti and Audi.

The C-Class was invented to give MB more market share. Not to be a Luxury car.

Some people are so silly.

"I have a Mercedes. It cost $29K"
    Very bad deal.

My mother in law was also taken advantage of.

She is paying $550 with 15K miles a year for 39 Months for a $33K car. They gave her an MSRP of $45K!!!! (Um, where is the extra 12K coming from?)

Now I drive a $53K car and pay $700 a month. But I also have 18K miles per year and the car is superior to any Mercedes out there (except for the S550)

I told her to hold off or go get the Infinit G (which was rated best in its class) or the Lexus IS250.
    Please tell us what $53k car you lease that is superior to any Mercedes out there (except for the S550)i> so that we can all laugh. Would it be one of the gussied up Nissans? Or is it one of the bejeweled Toyotas? We all know it can't be a BMW or a Porsche because owners of those makes wouldn't be so arrogant as to dismiss an entire line of premium automobiles (except, of course, for the S550). I guess you've never heard of the MB SLR, SL, or AMG models...
    LOL

Silly Vinny
    Silly is a good adjective. We'll let the other forum readers decide whom it describes...
  • osu18osu18 Member Posts: 18
    I agree with the Silly portion as Mr. Cantinflas just likes to be ironic without bringing anything to the table. I'm waiting for the moment where Camry's and C Classes sell in the same amount.....as he claims, the c class is not a bargain at all, and the financials continue not to make sense...I'm not waiting any longer for MB to have decent financial and I'm getting a 330i...better MF, about the same residual and all services included for the 3 years I'm leasing, which is about another $500 saved in services... Bye bye C Class, I'm not going to miss you! :P
    The fed drop 50 basis points today, lets see how long does it take to trickle into the MF's the subprime issues are now hitting the auto market also, i guess if you cant make sense of the payments you can afford the car...
    I agree with you on the financial aspects. There's no way I would have bought my C350 if it weren't for the huge discount--especially since I sold my 330 CiC to do it. I love the car, but the depreciation and maintenance costs are very steep. Now that BMW is the only premium automaker offering the free maintenance package, it makes them even more attractive. I'm sure I'll look at BMW again in two years when I'm bored with the MB.
  • dr_of_rxdr_of_rx Member Posts: 13
    6sp, pan roof, p1 package, spoiler (dealer add-on). total msrp - 36480. 1600 discount, 39mo/12kmi = $643/mo (mf .00345). thoughts?
    Youre about $200 a month too high.

You can lease a much nicer E350 for that price.

Lets not forget, its a C-Class. This is the entry level vehicle.

Check out the E-Class forums. You will surely be able to work out a deal for the same price on a $55K car.
    damn...it is the money factor that is killing me, right?
    zero..I don't like to put cash on a lease
    If you put Zero on Lease and at about 7.5% interest is not such a horrible deal (is not great).
    Zero down on a E-Class would be about 750 to 900 depending on the package. I hope this helps
    I guess I am close....but my current offer is 8.2% (.00345)
    In NJ, $0 Down (Just inception fees)

18K Miles = $710-$720
    12K Miles = $625-$635

Please send me anyone who paid more. I have a bridge I would LOVE to sell them!
    A source at MB has mentioned that everyone is being ripped off right now on the C-Class.

You must pay a premium since the car is still so new.

Since this car is so affordable, MB will have a very tough time producing enough of these cars. The demand is bigger than the supply.

No Doubt that this car will probably outsell Camry and Accord. You will just have to ask yourself "is it really worth it?"
  • joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    "No Doubt that this car will probably outsell Camry and Accord." -mmoreno1978

Look, it's a pretty attractive car (I'm clearly a fan or I wouldn't be in this forum), but this new C-Class and the BMW 3-Series combined wouldn't outsell the Camry or Accord in America, ever, period. It would mean something terrible for either of the Japanese companies if they received ANY honest competition volume-wise from the world's preeminent luxury/prestige brand.

That said, I don't care how many they sell so long as they come out with a more attractive leasing program before my current lease is up in March.

-Josh
    I think you missed his sarcasm. Nobody in their right mind believes that MB C-Class will ever outsell Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. (And those of us who own them hope it never happens).
    Who cares about Toyota and Honda, this is a MB forum... those brands are not to be compared with BMW, AUDI or MB
    Depends on what class MB youre talking about.

Toyota's Landcruiser is the same price as MB's GL450.

A lot of entry class C-Class owners may also be in the market for a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.

Dont forget, its all a matter of preference.
    I'm with you. I was just responding to a previous comment. I can't imagine anybody cross-shopping MB-C and Honda Accord or Toy Camry.
  • jc2552jc2552 Member Posts: 3
    I do not agree with you. I think the C-class is a different market segment from Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. People who owns a C-class would not go back to Accord or Camry if they are financially capable.

I enjoy my new C-300 very much. The ride is so smooth and the seats are very comfortable. The sport package looks so stylish. I am so happy to drive it everyday.
    I agree. Great car. MB needed to be flawless with this car to compete with the Infiniti G35 (Best in this class) and the BMW 3 Series.

It is a great entry level vehicle.
    Guys (or Gals),

So I test driven every car on my wish list, BMW 300/330, Lexus IS 250/350, Infinity G35 (and the M45 although that is compared to the E Class or 5 series of BMW) Audi A4, VW Passatt and of course C Class. I checked all the deals on the different cars etc...( NO HONDA OR TOYOTA these are on a different segment and have a different target)

BMW and Audi have great Incentives, Lexus and Infinity too but I just really like the C Class, I will be paying the premium of getting this car, and based on what I've seen its seems that this will be the case for people who like the MB, I ordered my MB and I cant wait for the car to arrive, I had to order it cause I wanted leather on white on Manual transmission with package 1 and 2.

Financing rates are coming down since the fed drop the rates, If you are leasing money factors should be down as long as you qualify, the sub-prime issues trickled down into the auto market and dealers are very careful about this.

My money factor on the MB is close to 7% (moreno mentioned his was at 8%???)

PS. I hope MB is not reading this post.... :)
  • williamcwilliamc Member Posts: 11
    Hi Vinny -

I am also in NYC, am looking to lease the C350 with multimedia pkg and leather trim, which will make the MSRP $41,775 according to Edmunds.com, any suggestions as to where to shop and how do I use the MF and residuals to determine if I get a good deal?

Where did you get your C350 and whats your monthly?

Thanks!
    Williamc:

I'm actually in southern VA now (USAF moves me every three years). But you know what they say: "Home is where the heart is". As a die hard Mets, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers fan, I should probably say "BROKEN heart"...

BTW, I actually bought my C350 in Tampa. It was such a crazy deal that I bought it online and flew down to pick it up. I wanted a 6 speed and could only find two east of the Mississippi--one in Cleveland and one in FL.
    Funny you mention the 6 speed, I wanted a 6 speed too, mine took 8 weeks to deliver b/c they did not have all the specs I wanted and they had to place the order to the factory in Germany, so I go it hot from the oven :) , I love the drive worth the wait for sure. My MF was about 8% but residuals are very high 68% for a 39 month lease, I did not have an amazing deal but I wanted the car so I was ok paying a little bit of a premium. I am in northern VA - Washington DC Area, I got my car in Tysons Corner.
    The dealer told me I got the only 6 speed, 3.5 with leather left on the east coast. I couldn't order one because I bought it at the end of the model year and the 08s were already hitting the lots. It was simply too good a deal on an excellent car to pass up.
  • cpsri99cpsri99 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when the new Money Factors are set by Mercedes? I thought it was the beginning of each month. Would it be worthwhile to wait until Nov for the MF to drop if I'm planning on leasing?
  • asa2asa2 Member Posts: 23
    I don't know where you all are from, but here in NJ (Little Silver), the leases are running about 460-475/mo. for a C with automatic trans.
  • pkutinapkutina Member Posts: 1
    We got a lease for 08 C300 sport 4matic last sunday. It includes P1 and Multimedia Package. MSRP is $39656. We didn't care how the dealer calculated the payment, we only know that we got it for 0 Downpay, but we paid the tax upfront, with all other fees and first month payment, we paid 3500 altogether that day and then $555 each month for 39 month and 12k miles each year. This includes a Tire insurance which is about $15 each month. So the lease took us about $540 each month.

The price is ok I think, but we are not so happy about one thing. Before we went there, they said the price will be $525 a month. But they increase it to $557 when we got there. Their reason is that we didn't get approved for Tier one credit! Our credit score is 770 but didn't got approvel for tier one credit! They said although we had good credit score but we don't have a house or had ever had a car loan before. I didn't know whether is true or they were just playing trick, but we were so tired to back up then. So we settled at $540 for the monthly payment.

By the way, we live in NJ near NYC.
  • asa2asa2 Member Posts: 23
    I've heard of MB strict finance rules. I think it is legitimate but am glad they met you in the middle. They are so stringent-I don't get it?

I got a quote in NJ at Contemporary (central NJ) for $465/mo. no money down except initial fees, etc. for basic no frills 08 C300. Does that seem right to everyone since others seem so much higher?
  • themikethemike Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a new 2008 300 C-class, but my Fico is 653 equifax, 675 Experian & Transunion. Do you think I can qualify? I make $95K per year and only student loan payments.
    I make more than enough to make the payments, but not sure if I can qualify...
    I would appreciate any feedback.
    MIKE
    Buy a 3 series. BMW has 1 tier.
  • dabnatdabnat Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of leasing a C350, multimedia, 18" wheels and ipod integration in Texas. The dealer is selling at $750 below MSRP. They are quoting a money factor of .004 for a 39 mo lease with 15,000 miles and a 59% residual. Is anyone else seeing a mf rate like this? Credit score is 800+.
  • regencyautoregencyauto Member Posts: 1
    The money facotr is .00345 with Mercedes Credit, the dealer is trying to mark it up.
  • mmiles2310mmiles2310 Member Posts: 3
    Is there anyone out there that can confirm the money factor? That money factor relates to a 8.28% APR which is crazy when many other manufacturers are offering mooney factors in the .001-.002 range.

Has anyone used an outside lease company to work your own lease and save money?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.