Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• jlhoustonjlhouston Member Posts: 16
    Thank you Valleyguy
  • thebellythebelly Member Posts: 10
    Guys, so I have got couple of dealerships in the area that are willing to do this deal.

MF .00103 (Base MB MF for the month of July)
    Residual - 72% (7500 miles/year)
    Term - 27 months
    Selling price - 12% off MSRP + $2200 +$1000 (MB Coupon)

My question is, I know MB allows us to put upto 10 refundable security deposits ($400 each) lowering the money factor. How much of a difference does it make per security deposit?

Thanks all :)
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    One thought is.. with such a low MF already, why bother? Having a security deposit with the bank puts their lower level staff handling turn-ins with lots of authority; and heartache for you to fight the machine for a return. I had a situation with another brand where the ding-dong processor wanted to charge me for something that was clearly in the lease contract.

Burden of prof sits with who is not holding the cash. Also banks look at the aggravation factor and cost of pursuing something. A dent that is 1/8" larger than a credit card? You pay if they have your deposit and they throw in the towel if you are.

Just something to consider for risk/reward trade-off.

I'd appreciate other peoples experiences.

-ValleyGuy
  • mitchjr2mitchjr2 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to find a good deal on a C300. here is what i have been able to negotiate:
    MSRP - $47460
    Selll - 41968 (5492 discount/11.5%)
    $795 acq plus $360 doc fee
    gross capitalized cost = 42,523
    Payment $475 with only first payment due at inception. (This includes $27.00 /month in taxes)

After reading everything here i just feel like there is a few more hundred dollars to be saved.... or do i take the deal?
    edited July 2013
    There's money on the table.

You may have to play one dealer off another, but you can get 15%-16% off MSRP. The last 1% is very tough, but even if you get to 14%, you have done very well. The dealer allocation for the hot new CLA is dependent on the volume of C-classes they move prior to introduction.

You did not provide the Money Factor. Some dealers raise the MF as the purchase price goes down. Lock the MF at the base rate and then bargain price.

We just bought and leased 3 c-classes in our family in the past 60 days, one just 2 weeks ago. MSRP $43,670 for $37070! I had to travel more than an hour to get it as the 2 nearby dealers wouldn't go the extra $1K at the base MF.

With the current dealer incentives from MBUSA & MBFS for C-classes, getting $6K off still give the dealer more than $1K profit. Dealers will tell you all day how they are losing money. They are on paper, but not in fact. get as close to $7k off as possible with a base wholesale MF from MBFS.

Also don't forget to get all service prepaid for the course of the lease, as MBFS residualizes the service contracts, so you only pay a couple of hundred for almost a grans of service. Only the uninformed would lease an MB without a service contact for the term of the lease.

Please let us know how it turns out.

-ValleyGuy
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    can anyone confirm the c250 27 mo money factor for me?
  • porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Valleyguy,

Thanks for this info! I'm in NY and looking to get a C300 for my in-laws. I'm a fairly good negotiator. I got 14-15% off my GLK a few years ago.

I contacted two dealers by e-mail and was getting quotes for 8-9% off. Hardly a deal by comparison with the best deals. Includes maintenance. I even mentioned that I know countless people who have been getting 15% off. Having some difficulty, but of course haven't exhausted all of my options yet.

Any additional tricks? Anyone have someone they like in NY?
    edited July 2013
    Hi porsche911c4s,

Just an idea... try a dealer by email only and propose a specific deal like...

Looking for C300 must have these features... $xx drive-off and no more than $xxx per month.

Deal I just got for a family member was $3K drive-off, $45,670 msrp, $37070 purchase price, $312 per month 8.75% sales tax included. Service plan was extra $11 per month.

A dealer out of your area gets much more aggressive, since you are strictly opportunity business for them. See if a dealer closer will beat it.

Is NJ an option? Try going to them with the specific terms and see what they come back with.

I'm in northern California, and don't know if that makes a difference for MB as a marketplace. We get C-Classes her from both South Africa and Germany.

Nearly all the dealers her in Silicon Valley area have 40-50 C-Classes in stock. The inventories are pretty large.

I'll keep a good thought for you.

-ValleyGuy
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    hi, I have never heard of this method of using percent to negotiate for cars! Where did you find the idea? How is it done? Thanks
    Ps I'm looking to lease a c class at 15k miles @ 48500$ any thoughts thanks
  • mkfxmkfx Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2013
    We're in NY too we got quotes from MB of RVC, Massapequa, Silver Star, and Rallye I got quotes on a C300 4 Matic with P1, keyless go, Becker Map Pilot Nav anywhere from $428-$475 for 27 month 10k lease with tax in payment and nothing due at signing but bank fee and first, I found a lease broker who got me the exact car for $389 a month.. but got the dealer he worked with to include 2 years 20K pre-paid maintance for free( an $800 cost). we couldn't be happier with the experience.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Hi I'm in NJ but the guy I was referred to is in NYC. Mercedes Benz Manhattan. Talking to him over the phone I've gotten these numbers thus far for a lease:

C-300 4matic Sport
    Premium and Nav options
    7,500 miles a year (which is fine for me)
    2600 down (I'll probably roll this in)
    355 a month for 27 months
    MF .00103
    Residual 72% @ 33,508.00
  • miragedebmiragedeb Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I went through a lot of posts in this thread and I must admit that it was so very helpful. I'm in the state of Connecticut and I went to 2 dealers so far for a C300 4matic sports sedan (27 months lease, 7500 miles). The best deal I got is (from the Fairfield dealer):

MSRP: 42,680 (P1 package)
    Selling Price: 36,855 (Discount: 13.6%)
    Residual value: 72%
    Rate: 0.00033 (I don't know how to convert this into Money Factor)
    Govt Fee+Taxes+Doc Fee= 2274
    No Service Plan (Dealer said that he would offer free oil change for the entire lease term)

One Pay Lease: $8731 (I'm planning to do a one pay rather than monthly pay)

1. Does the above deal look ok?

2. I want to negotiate further so what selling price number can I give to the dealer where I can tell him that I'll walk out if you don't agree to it? Please advise. I'm thinking of $35,500 (16% discount)
    How did you get him to go so low? Good job! I would get a better trim more miles, if nec! Looks good but I heard ppl were getting 15%! But it's still a great deal
    Valley which is it? I believe you have a typo 45670 or 43670$
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Can someone please confirm the following?

2013 C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan:

27 months: residual = 68% / money factor = 0.00103
    36 months: residual = 56% / money factor = 0.00113

2013 C300 4MATIC Luxury Sedan:

Is this the same as the sport?

Also, it seems the 27 month leases are the best. Is that right? Also, where are you guys finding out about all the MB to dealer incentives? With 15% off MSRP there must be a lot of incentives, but I typically like to know them so I can set my lowest target price.
  • ginder2kginder2k Member Posts: 8
    Hello everyone,

My wife and I want to lease our first car. Just came back from a dealer in north NJ and was given the following deal:

2013 C300 4matic with panorama, Premium 1, multimedia package.

12k miles, 27 months
    Residual 70% (32.574)
    MSRP: 46535
    Monthly: 463.97 (does not include maintenance or tire coverage, which we would probably get)
    Drive off: $3058
    Initial cap cost: 43,000

I serve in the military and have USAA, which he said he factored into the agreement. What do you think? What should i ask for? thanks very much, this is our first car and we don't know too much about lease negotiations other than what we're reading online.

Thank you!
  • porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99
    Hi ginder,

Bad deal in my opinion. I would walk away from anything more than 40500. Ideally a great deal is 40k, and i think is definitely doable. Shop around and email a slew of dealers. I learned a lot from valleyguy. Check out his posts below. Good luck!

With the cla's around the corner. At least a 14 percent discount should be given.
  • jslachtajslachta Member Posts: 9
    Hello -

Has Mercedes released information on the 2014 C350 coupe?

Looking to do a 10k lease either 27 or 36 months. Would like to know the residual and the MF please!
    MF doesn't change unless you do multiple deposits, or autopay. Auto makes it .00113-.00103! 27 mo is best bc it uses the 24 mo residual value, they only incentives available is a 2000k. SUV s are @ 10%, and c class@ 15%!
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the other reply. Not a good deal.

Don't settle for less than 15% off, before your USAA fleet discount. Some regions are thin on C300 inventory, but dealers can get them off the dock or trade. Do an inventory search here on edmunds and se how many C300's are in your area.

Rule #1, don't engage sales guys on the lot. Only work with internet sales by email. Tell them what you need to make a deal work. People make the mistake to of asking for prices instead of staking what they want.

A lot of people are jerks talking with dealers, and a firm respectful demeanor goes far. Draw the line and have them come to you. Once they want your business more than you want the car, you win.

Remember dealers get CLA allocations when they sell c-classes! Also the new C-class is coming out in a few months and it is 4 inches longer. MB is discounting hard to sell-off cars. Don't be the first to blink, your most powerful deal tool is your feet walking away.

Define what you think the car is worth, let them know that number and politely walk away.

You will be shocked how many dealers will call you back in a day or two to book the sale. End of month is your biggest friend.

-ValleyGuy
    edited July 2013
    Are you sure the MF doesn't change? A poster earlier said the base MF is 0.00103 for July (see http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9dd76/1713#MSG1713). Is there anywhere that explains how autopay affects the MF? Are you saying if I simply sign up so that my payments are automatically withdrawn I get a reduced money factor?

Also, if the incentives are only $2000 how are are you arriving at the 15% number of the C class? I understand everyone is saying they were able to negotiate 15% off but how does that relate to the $2000?

Thanks.
  • dash5dash5 Member Posts: 421
    Hi All,

Trying to set my price on a 2013 C300 Sport. Pricing it online I'm getting MSRP: 47,134.00
    Premium, Multimedia and Keyless Go.

Based on all the great info here this is what I'm targeting, any comments would be great:

15% off MSRP = 47,284 * .85 = $40,191
    27 Month lease
    Residual: 69-70%
    MF: .00103
    Include maintenance for 30k miles = 769
    Drive off should be my 1st payment, everything else rolled into monthly

I see 905 for transport charges which is part of the MSRP, taxes 7% in NJ... anything else to factor in? what other #'s do I need to understand?
    They told me the market rate is 12%so no one should be doing better than market rate plus incentive! So the secret is out lol 12+2000k is all they can really do! 2000$ can equivocate to 2-4% depending on! Hats how you get there
  • ginder2kginder2k Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Hey, thanks so much. I used what you told me and got the following deal from the internet service manager at another branch. Already a big improvement from what I was offered before. I am a USAA member. What do you think?

c300 4 matic with premium 1, panorama, sport, and multimedia package
    MSRP: $46,535
    Selling price: $40,089
    MF: 0.00103
    Down: $2570
    monthly: $399 (inclues tire warranty, and maintenance)
    miles/year: 12k
    27 month lease.

Thanks!
    I believe MF discounts for extra security deposits and auto-pay are not a consistent policy. Deposits and auto-pay can help with customers with credit just between tier 1 & tier 2.

If you qualify for the current subverted Tier 1 lease rates, MBFS is unlikely to to go lower than the whole rate they get from Chase Bank just because of auto-pay.

The $2000 was a coupon the deal gets to apply to deep discounted deals to get it done.

We just leased 3 C-Classes in our family in the past 90 days. All cars were 15-16% off MSRP here in the Bay Area.

It might be tougher in some region, be here each of the dealers are loaded with 40-50+ C-Classes of all types.

-ValleyGuy
    410$ is thee lowest they could go on this! Do your math to check msrp - 12%-2000k! Get that lower 1st, then sign. There's 2% left
    edited July 2013
    "They told me the market rate is 12%so no one should be doing better than market rate plus incentive! So the secret is out lol 12+2000k is all they can really do! 2000$ can equivocate to 2-4% depending on! Thats[sic] how you get there" ... Right on kainnyc, totally agree.

A c250 we took delivery of end of June; $43,670 MSRP discounted to $37070.00 I left about $350 dollars to the dealer for all the great service during and after the sale like half day helping a newbie relative learn her C250 and dealer delivering the car 60 miles away.

Very best possible deal:
    $43,670 MSRP
    - 5240 (12% Disc)
    --------------
    $38430 sub-total discount
    - $2000 (MB Coupon)
    -------------
    $36,430 Purchase price

Total Max Discounted for this deal = %16.6

- ValleyGuy
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Can you explain how you get the $2000 MB Coupon and what it is? Is it available to everyone and is it definitely on the C250? Thanks in advance.

Keith
    Dealers have a short stack of factory to dealer coupons to sweeten certain deals during various sales seasons, like the current Summer Sales event.

Trick is to get the dealer to use one for your deal.

Absolutely they are available for the C250.

-David
    If the autopay policy is not consistent, that's strange to me. People have posted getting a rate of .00103 which some are saying is the discounted rate (from base 0.00113) while some have said the base rate is 0.00103. If people are getting a discounted rate from the lowest subvented base rate then I'm not sure why credit should be an issue.
    Not sure what "market rate" means. I am very used to leasing BMWs and the information on incentives like manufacturer to dealer cash, etc is more readily available so it is more apparent as to how much you can expect to go below invoice pricing. I was just trying to figure out why everyone is starting from this mystery 12% MSRP discount which takes you well below invoice to begin with. Since people are getting 15% off deals that is what I will aim for, just curious what that is based on.
    edited July 2013
    It based on current purchase history. The factory is going deep on C-Class discounts at the moment. Add the $2K factory to dealer coupon to the 12% discount and you can calculate the actual discount%.

Not everyone will get this deep of a deal, but you should get close. Working with dealer Internet sales teams and not the guys on the floor also helps.

-ValleyGuy
  • bmrowebmrowe Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    This forum has been great for working out a deal. I've got some numbers, but some things aren't adding up. Hoping to get some quick help from the forum:

C250 Sport Sedan Lease
    27 months/12k miles
    MSRP: 43345
    Sale Price: 36145
    Money Factor: .00124 (I see most have been posting lower money factors, is this region dependent?)

Before tax, they are quoting me: $361/month with $669 due at signing.

Based on my math, something is off. I come up with a payment of $312.90/month with the above numbers. Is my math off?

Residual: 69% * $43345 = $29909.05
    Cap Cost = $36145

Depreciation payment: (Cap Cost – Residual)/months = $231
    Interest payment : (Residual + Cap Cost) * Money Factor = $81.90
    Total before tax: Depreciation + interest = $312.90
    Hi, valley do you know anything abt the other luxury brands bc this MB is a Camry in disguise?
    Add fees abt 1750$ dollars / 27 then add tax!
    What kind of fees total up to $1750? Also, all this work is being done before tax to keep things simple. They already want $669 at delivery to cover the title registration stuff and first month's payment
    I believe it's based on the overrated, mb over reaching its worth and over pricing the vehicle! They told me they are in 12.25% in so they want to keep 1-2 % for profit which is 450-1000$ I'm looking at all brands bc this car falls short plus they keep shaving features and increasing the price! 48k$ and no HID's or passengers dimmed mirror, 4way passenger seat c' mon MB
    Doc fee, DMV ,bank fee
    You got 9.55% + incentive not bad you only left 2.71% for profit 1261$ /27 abt 47$ less would have been maximum! Good job
    Are these fees I have to pay? Or should I be pushing to get them waived?
    Standard!
  • madmaxny1madmaxny1 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I am in New York as well and that seems like and amazing price. Would you mind sharing the name of company you used to broker the deal?

I checked out RVC, Massapequa, Rallye, Huntington and New Rochelle, and best price I got was $469/month with tax rolled in. I know its not a great deal and only about 11.3% off.

Options for the car are:
    Polar white/Black MBTex Prem 1, Multimedia, Keyless Go and 3year/30k miant. included.
    MSRP $46,414
    Selling $41,020
    27month - 12k/year
    MF .00113
    Resid 70%
    $469/month w/Taxes rolled in
    886 down=1st month and DMV fees.

Thank you,
  • jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 2
    Hi Forum - Please help. I am in Houston. The dealer has moved the maintenance out of the lease agreement and said he will give me a separate maintenance doc.
    MSRP - 39730 on C250 sedan selling price - 33500 MF -.000124 27 months 380.69 monthly payment.
    Is there a discount on MF for autopay and does the residual go up by 1% if i pick up the benz prepaid maintainence. The sales guy said yes but the finance guy upped the price of the car by 430, said not to autopay and residual increase, moved maintainence out of lease agreement but priced the monthly payment same at 380.69.

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Hi jaegermister,

Don't let the dealer move the service plan onto separate paper!

If the service plan is part of the MBFS lease, then the service is residualized. Meaning if your RV is 70%, MB pays about 70% of the plan price for you.

Make sure your dealer is using MBFS for the financing the lease. I'd be very suspicious of a dealer wanting to move the lease to a separate document.

-ValleyGuy
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for new car lessees. If you leased a new car in the past few months, and would like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com.
  • jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 2
    Thanks valleyguy.
    Does adding maintenance give you an extra 1% of residual.
    Please let me know if there is a MF money factor adjustment for auto payment.

Thanks
    My understanding is service plans do not affect RV's. Personal experience with AutoPay and multiple security deposits is that was was once an option to reduce rates. I have not heard or seen anyone recently get that advantage. With interest rates so low and credit still kind of strict, it's somewhat of a different day.

I'd love to see someone actually get the discount, but rates are very low with very low profit margins for banks. Right now it looks like rates are strictly credit rating driven.

-ValleyGuy
    Learn the fees DMV, doc, bank! DMV, first mo, doc, bank fee= inception fees!
    Must pay, do yr research learn abt all the lingo so you don't get stuck, it will put you in control!
    I've done too much research at this point. It appears the base acquisition fee should be $795. Doc fee is really just dealer profit, and then the rest are registration/title related. I am going to attempt to push this offer down a little more -- or have them reduce the acq & doc fees.
This discussion has been closed.