Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 C-Class page.

To see all forums discussions about the C-Class, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Mercedes-Benz C-Classdiscussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• trilitaitrilitai Member Posts: 1
    Hello. Do you have the money factor and residual for the following please? Thanks.

2014 C250 Sedan, 36 months, 7500 miles

2014 C300 Sedan, 36 months, 7500 miles
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    2014 C250 Sedan, 36 months, 7500 miles
    .00113 MF and 61% residual

2014 C300 Sedan, 36 months, 7500 miles
    .00098 MF and 62% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bceagles88bceagles88 Member Posts: 71
    Would the residual for the C350 AWD Sedan be 68% for 10k? MF still .00098?
    You think this is the best deal (sweet spot)?
    The C350 Sedan has completely different numbers..

It also doesn't come in AWD, I don't think.. (though, correct me, if I'm wrong)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    45025 msrp
    38025 selling price
    24m/12k
    sign and drive 420 a month had to pay about 600 at pick up. It included 1st payment plates etc.
    Mercedes took in my old c300 had 4 months left
  • temmotemmo Member Posts: 1
    hi. for a NYS lease, I need the money factor and residual for the following please?

2014 C300, 24 months, 7500 miles.

Also, how is the money factor used/calculated? and what are the discounts available? Thanks.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    Just signed papers, picking up the in couple days.

C300 4-Matic.

MSRP - $49,800 including destination charge.

Out of pocket $1,624 ( first payment, bank fee, DMV )
    Monthly payment $429
    24 Months/7,500 miles a year.
  • shanefontaneshanefontane Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    hi guys,

i was hoping somewhere here may be able to suggest how i may get a better price on the following deal...

THE CAR
    c250 - $35,800
    Rear Deck Spoiler - $350
    320 Multimedia Package - $2,860
    Sirius - $460
    Walnut Wood Trim - $325
    Sub Total - $39,795
    Destination & delivery - $925
    Total - $40,720

PAYMENT DETAILS
    Months: 24
    Base Payment: 335.09
    Total Payment: 363.57
    Purchase Option: 28,654
    MSRP: 40,720
    Miles: 12k
    Disposition Fee: 595
    Excess Miles: .25
    MF: .00113

AMOUNT DUE AT SIGNING
    1st month: 363.57
    Acquisition: 1,095
    Fees & Insurance: 459.75
    Upfront Taxes: 223.80
    Cap Reduction: 1,457
    Total Due: 3,600
    2014 C300 4Matic Sedan 24 months, 7500 miles/yr
    .00098 MF and 70% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hard to tell where to chop costs, as you don't mention a selling price for the car.... The money factor is the base rate, which is good, but the acquisition fee is marked up the $300 maximum..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shanefontaneshanefontane Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    ahhh yes. I forgot.
    Selling Price: $35,700

So, there's at least $300 on the acquisition.

Thanks in advance!
  • bmwforever1bmwforever1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    Can I get the residual and MF for 3yr/10k miles lease? There is not a page for the new CLA, that's why ended up posting here.

Thanks
    2014 CLA45 AMG 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    Standard money factor and 67% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bmwforever1bmwforever1 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the prompt reply. What is the standard money factor?
    I've heard anything from .00195 to .00225

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

C300 4Matic Sport w/ Premium, NAV, and rear spoiler - Here are the numbers. Decent deal?

Mercedes C300
    MSRP $46,755.00

Gross Cap Cost $39,635.00
    Bank Fee $-
    Cap Cost reduction (Downpayment) $-
    Net Cap Cost $39,635.00
    Residual Factor 0.69
    Residual value $32,260.95

Term (in months) 27
    Money Factor 0.00098

Depreciation Fee $273.11
    Lease Finance Fee $70.46
    Base Payment $343.57
    Monthly Sales Tax $21.47
    Total Monthly Payment $365.04

First Pmt $365.04
    Cap Reduction $-
    Acquisition Fee $1,095.00
    Sales Tax $68.44
    Plates/Insurance $112.00
    Docs $259.00
    Misc Fee $82.50
    Money Due at Signing $1,981.98
    Forgot to say, it was 10K/year.

Can anyone tell me any big disadvantages of doing a 2 month lease as opposed to 36?
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    They're marking up bank fee 300.00 should be 795. Also the doc fee 259.00 is bs.If you get rid of those extra fees think you got a nice deal.
  • rayray209rayray209 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for base MF and Residual for 2014 CLA, 36month/12k miles
    Thanks - I knew the bank fee was jacked up a bit.

Also, are there any big disadvantages to doing a 27 month lease vs. a 36? I have usually done 36
    All of the one-time fees are amortized over fewer months, so they are more per month.. Some states don't pro-rate registration, and where those charges are high, you may be paying for 3 full years and that hurts the 27 month payment some, as well.. In some states, you pay tax on the full purchase price of the vehicle, and that will make the payment higher on a shorter term lease.

On the plus side, with a 27 month lease you are less likely to need tires before your lease is up.... you get a new car sooner (that's a plus and minus)... If the 27 month payment is equal to the 36 month payment, even with all of the above factored in, I like the shorter lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 CLA 250C 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00162 MF and 66% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• btcutterbtcutter Member Posts: 23
    MRSP $ 42777 2014 C300 4matic

Gross Cap $38000
    Net cap 38000
    Invoice $40544
    Bank fee $ 795
    Resid $ 30795
    Money 0.00088
    $359 month
    Due at 1500 includes everything

Spoiler, 18 inch wheels
    Heated seats
    Sport package.

Portland OR

Thank you all very much.
    Mike
    Are there new numbers for the residual and/or MF for December for the C300 Sport with NAV?
    2014 C300 Sport Sedan 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00098 MF and 58% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dacarmondacarmon Member Posts: 35
    Hi kyfdx, posting this here per your recommendation as the new 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class lease forum doesn't exist yet.

What are the December residual and money factors on the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class for 36 months, based on 15,000 miles per year?
    2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00162 MF and 64% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tonyespitonyespi Member Posts: 2

Can you guys help Me out. Just purchased a new 2014 E-350. Total MSRP was 58055.00, Negotiated price was 48,000 even. Here goes the numbers. Purchased on December 2013.

MSRP: 58,055
    Selling Price: 48,000 (17.3% discount)
    Base Cap Cost: 49904(Includes Bank fee and maintenance)
    Money Factor: 0.00141829(APR: 3.4%)
    Down: $5000
    Payment: 421.60 (includes Tax)
    Miles: 15000 per year (Total miles 33,750)
    Price per mile: .20 cents
    Term: 27 months.

Thanks Guys

• stork1stork1 Member Posts: 3

C250 base sport with 18" AMG wheels, burl wood trim, rear deck spoiler, $39,750 39 mos lease, 0 down, sign and drive $455.00/mos tax included. 12K miles Residual is 60%, MF .00012 Deal or no deal?

• jkm3jkm3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,I got a quote in NJ for a mercedes benz c300 2014 msrp of 45000 for a 24m lease for 12k miles for $460 per month with $2000 down for documentation. The residual is 71%. It is from a mb dealer. What would be a good negotiation. Also, what are the other places to get a good deal. I heard about legendleasing. Thanks for your inputs.Thanks.
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47

Hi jkm3, I would not pay more than $420/month. Due at inception about 1000. Hope that helps.
    1001. Try Ray Catena of Edison.

• chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17

I'm trying to get the real following numbers If anyone has:

MBUSA'a current dealer cash for the c250 sport sedan, The MF's and residuals for a 12000 mile lease, for 24, 30, 36 and 39 months.

Thanks,

Chalkie

I'm sorry, but we don't have access to the new Mercedes numbers, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95

2014 C250 Sport Sedan has $1,000 in Customer 1 incentive

.00148 money factor
    .00138 money factor w/ auto pay

24 = 70%
    30 = 64%
    36 = 59%
    42 = 57%

• supra911supra911 Member Posts: 28

need residual for 36 month. C350 sport COUPE. 12k / 15k

Thanks.

@supra911 said:
    need residual for 36 month. C350 sport COUPE. 12k / 15k

Thanks.

Standard money factor and 62% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr... Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mpgxsvcdmpgxsvcd Member Posts: 177

KYFDX,

Will you get the new CLA lease numbers for February? If so can we have the 36 month, 12K numbers? Thanks for all of your help.

@mpgxsvcd said:
    KYFDX,

Will you get the new CLA lease numbers for February? If so can we have the 36 month, 12K numbers? Thanks for all of your help.

The money factor is .00162, but I don't have the residuals, right now.. still waiting on them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I was told by my dealer that the residual for 36 months and 12K miles is now 65%. I believe it was 66% last month, right?

I still show the 2014 CLA 250 residual to be 66% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ordered a CLA today. The current residual is 66% for 12K and 36 months. They promised buy rate at .00162 and then charged me more than double that. I called them on it and they still insisted that it was correct. I started to walk out and they said oh whoops our mistake we will give you the correct rate.

Watch out for dealers pulling some really shady stuff. Aren't there "Truth in lending laws" that require them to disclose the interest rate or are those just for credit cards?

@mpgxsvcd said:
    Ordered a CLA today. The current residual is 66% for 12K and 36 months. They promised buy rate at .00162 and then charged me more than double that. I called them on it and they still insisted that it was correct. I started to walk out and they said oh whoops our mistake we will give you the correct rate.

Watch out for dealers pulling some really shady stuff. Aren't there "Truth in lending laws" that require them to disclose the interest rate or are those just for credit cards?

Not really applicable to "Truth in Lending", because they aren't actually charging you interest. You are agreeing to a monthly rental contract. The only thing they have to disclose is Cap Cost, residual and disposition fees.

Plenty of dealers mark up money factors. And, many try to hide it or play dumb. But, it's just plain dishonest to say you aren't, then do it anyway.. That sucks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yes I understand that the truth in lending laws are not applicable here. However, there is a “Consumer Leasing Act” that is meant to be the same thing for leases. The issue is that the “Consumer Leasing Act” only covers leases up to $25,000.

For luxury car leases they specifically got an exception so that they could try to hide the money factor/interest rate. However, once they tell you a money factor they can’t go back on it. If they do the calculation with anything else than what they told you then it would be fraud and it wouldn’t matter what the leasing act says.

The key is to ask for the money factor up front. Before you even start negotiations ask them for the buy rate. If they won’t disclose what the money factor is then walk. If they say yes then negotiate the price of the car as well and make sure that they are not charging you additional documentation fees.

The laws are specifically setup to allow dealers to charge you whatever they want on a lease. Car dealers have the same advantage that the House does in Vegas. They get to make the rules and there is almost no way to get around those rules. The only way to get a good deal on a lease is for the dealer to make a mistake and that rarely happens.

"The only way to get a good deal on a lease is for the dealer to make a mistake and that rarely happens."

Not sure I'd agree with that.. not every dealer is a jerk. Plenty of people get great lease deals, every day. But, not every car has a great lease program attached to it, and if you don't understand leases, you can get taken advantage of..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Maybe I am just jaded. However, in the four leases I have done the dealer has always agreed to taking a certain amount off the selling price only to jack the money factor up by the same amount. If you don't negotiate both factors you will not get a good deal and people rarely know to negotiate both things.

In each deal they have agreed to a certain money factor and then they do the calculations with another value. They always say it is an accident but it isn't an accident if it happens every time. Maybe it is just our area. They know that everyone else is doing it so they think they won't get caught.

If a dealer was really interested in giving you a fair and honest deal then they would advertise their money factor and discount right up front. They would challenge other dealers to match their offer and try to get your business based on the fact that they are open and upfront. However, that isn't as profitable as just hiding the numbers and hoping that the customer won't find out.

If a customer doesn't know any better the dealers don't let the customers know that they are being taken advantage of. They just ask them how much they are willing to spend and miraculously the car ends up being that exact amount plus a huge down payment. If they were honest the price would be based on the merits of the car and not how much the buyer can afford.

Just my opinion but I don't think there are too many truly honest dealers out there. They all have to make money to feed their families and the best way to do that is to charge the buyer as much as they possibly can afford even if that means charging them more than the car is actually worth or even more than the buyer thinks they are paying.

Does 10K vs. 12K miles add 1% or 2% to the residual?

1%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Has there ever been a higher 12K miles for 36 months residual than the 66% offered on the CLA right now? That is the highest I have seen. Does that residual often go down as you come up on the end of a model year?

I don't have historical data, but that residual is very high. Residuals do often go down as the model year progresses, but car companies will often make other changes to the lease program, to keep the car affordable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.