Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• scottwfuscottwfu Member Posts: 5
    I heard there may be some new 2009 C300 incentives announced this week. This info came from dealership personnel. Anyone else heard this?? Any details?
  • alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17
    Dude you are going to the expensive part of town so don't expect make a deal. I would say try South Jersey(Asbury Park etc) & LI dealers.
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    If you really like the car and if you leased through MBUSA ask them for a quote to extend the lease for a year as you should still be under warranty. They may offer a monthly rate much lower then you have now and no fees to do it.

I've done this on a few of my MB leases and it was painless
  • dch_dudedch_dude Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone. I was just wondering with a 637 beacon can i finance a used 04 C Kompressor? Through mercedes?
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Hi car_man,

Looking for the MF and residuals for 10kmiles/year for 36 months on the 2008 and 2009 c300 luxury. Thanks!
  • nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi CarMan,
    Looking for the money factor and residual for 12k miles, 36mo lease of a 2008 or 2009 C300 Sport w premium package.
    Thanks a lot!
  • djrussdjruss Member Posts: 1
    Hi I'm Russell,
    I am from Los Angeles, CA. I am a first time car buyer. I have a credit score of 680. Looking to lease a 2009 C300 Sports Sedan. I am interested in leasing it with the multi media package.

(I got these numbers from the MBZ website.)
    Base MSRP....... $33,775
    Multi-Media Package...$2,980
    Total.........$36,755

I want to lease for 24 months, 12k miles per year.
    I have a down payment of $2000.
    Monthly for the car is $778.
    (These are all numbers from the MBZ website)

I am willing to pay $450-$500 a month.

Any tips and advice on how to bring my monthly down?
  • smrtdudesmrtdude Member Posts: 17
    First step is to negotiate a good selling price. You should be able to easily get under invoice these days. I am negotiating for c300 sport 4matic right now, and I got quotes $2000 below invoice from three different dealers in DC Metro area. So I think it is very much possible.

Then the rest, residual value and money factor are hard to change with MB finance. I hear that dealers sometimes increase the residual value but I wouldn't count on it. Money Factor varies with your credit too.

If you take a 39 month lease, your payment could be under $400. I am not so sure about keeping it under $500 for a 24 month lease.

Good luck!
  • wildtingwildting Member Posts: 8
    Excuse me for posting in this forum and the "prices paid" forum in advanced...

I like the guy that I work with at MB in the Bay Area but I just discovered this wonderful message board so it doesn't hurt to receive feedback...

I'm looking at the following:
    Description ................................ INVOICE / MSRP
    C300 Sport White on Black.......... $29,853 / $32,100
    Option 320: Multimedia................ $2,771 / $2,980
    7-Speed Automatic Transmission.. $1,358 / $1,460
    Burl Walnut Wood (uugh).............. $288 / $310
    iPod Integration .......................... $349 / $375
    SUBTOTAL ................................ $34,619 / $37,225
    Transportation and Handling ......... $875 / $875
    IRG Participation ......................... $500 / -- (this is some new weird fee)
    TOTALS ..................................... $35,994 / $38,100

My price on the car would be $34,500 (about $1500 under invoice). The terms of the lease are as follows.
    39 months
    10K miles / year
    Money Factor = .0025 (or 6%)
    Residual = 57%

Out the door = 1st payment, reg/licensing and tax or $920.
    Monthly = $499 + CA tax (or a total of $540/month)

Any thoughts? He let me know that his buy rate on the Money Factor is .002... so do I work him for the extra .0005?

Thanks!
  • soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    "He let me know that his buy rate on the Money Factor is .002... so do I work him for the extra .0005?"

ABSOLUTELY!
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Odd - when I use your numbers:
    MSRP $38,100
    Cap Cost $34,500
    39 Months
    57% residual
    0.0025 MF
    I come up with a monthly payment of $468.31 + TTL

If you change the MF to 0.002, the payment drops to $440.20 so that "extra 0.0005" is costing you almost $1100 + TTL over the course of the lease.

Note also that MB charges you an acquisition fee of $795 and a $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Almost $1400 just to sign a lease.
  • caduetcaduet Member Posts: 6
    My 39 month lease shows depreciation and amortization of $13,666, Rent Charge of $8,911, adjusted capitalized cost $34,561, residual value of $20,896, acquisition fee $1,095. How do I determine the money factor, residual %,etc.?

Also, shat strategy can I use to get a good deal at the end of the lease? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Rent charge / term = monthly rent charge of $228

$228 / (cap + residual) = approx. .0041 money factor

Your residual value is a percentage of the MSRP. Once you have the MSRP, it is an easy calculation.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again. You are a big help and is very appreciated. I am paying $619 a month for 39 months. How does that relate to the $228 rent? Is the rent a customary charge on all leases? The MSRP is $33,466. I think I was bamboozled! What do you think?
  • jjthecatjjthecat Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I was going to lease the new A4, but the sales guy changed the numbers on me right before I signed. Anyways, I got a quote for a 2009 C300 4matic sport with P1 and wanted to know if this seemed ok. Zero down just the start ups which was around $1600 (1st month, plate, acquisition fee etc.) and he said with the Chrysler discount, 39months, 12,000 a year, it would be $458 a month. He told me the car's MSRP was around $40,000 and I was getting it far below invoice. Sales guy said every $1000 down would bring it down $30 and that the deal ends at the end of December. Also, I am waiting for a relative to see if he used up all his Chrysler discounts this year and the sales guy said he could "get me one" for $400. I spoke to some people and they said they have paid $100 for someone's "numbers", but $400 was too high. Does this lease sound fair? Should I get a quote from the dealer across town? If this price isn't working, I am going to have to get a CTS, but I would rather get this car. Thank you if anyone has any input and I am located in Michigan if that makes a difference.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Well.. $619/mo. doesn't sound like a great lease payment for a $33,466 vehicle.. but, I'm not really familiar with the Mercedes lease programs, so maybe that's as good as it gets..

If it were me, at that price, I'd just buy the car.

But, to answer your question.. the rent charge is the finance portion of the lease payment.. equivalent to interest on a loan. The rest of the payment is depreciation. If your numbers are correct, then the equivalent interest rate on that lease is about 9.8%..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. You've made my day!
  • smrtdudesmrtdude Member Posts: 17
    Sounds like an excellent deal. Given that old MSRP is at 39000 for c300 4matic sport + P1, with a residual of 54% and MF of .002, the sale price is around 34,500. That is $3000 below invoice.
  • JacobieJacobie Member Posts: 4
    I JUST GOT A QUOTE FOR A 2009 C300 SPORTS WITH P2 PKG, IPOD, STEEL GRAY,AUTOMATIC,12K MILES/YR FOR $493 or $539/ month INCLUDING TAX WITH 0 DOWN AND 27 MONTHS LEASE.. LET ME KNOW IF THATS A GOOD DEAL OR ANY MORE ROOM TO WORK ON..I LIVE IN THE BAY AREA CA. BTW....THANKS!
  • JacobieJacobie Member Posts: 4
    anyone knows the MF for December.?
  • jjthecatjjthecat Member Posts: 11
    Just leased a C300 4 matic sport today. P1, wood trim, iPod. 27 months,6 months free SIRIUS. Zero down just the $1600 start ups including 1st month, new plate etc. $447 a month incl tax. DCX discount. They said the deal is over at the end of Dec. My sales person was excellent. If anyone is in Michigan, go to RH Benz instead of BH. They don't work with you at all and quote too high over at BH.
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    Looking to lease a 2009 C Class sport with Navigation. I have tier 1 credit.
    Must have 12,000 miles a year. Looking to lease for 24 months or 36 months with no money down, is it possible? Any good deals out there? I am in the southern ca area. Any good dealerships to deal with? Let me know?

Thanks,

leeinla
    LEEinLA,

I, too, have Tier-1 Credit and just leased a 2009 C300 Sport w/ PII, Nav, AMG Wheels, and iPod Connector for $582/mo (incl. CA tax) for a 39-mo lease with 10k miles per yer. I spoke with a lot of dealers, but ultimately closed the deal at Merceds of BH.

I paid $2500 to drive off, which basically amounted to traditional drive-off charges (TTL, bank fees, 1st mo), window tinting, shipping (they didn't have the exact car I wanted and wouldn't do the deal we had negotiated if they had to acquire the car, unless I was willing to pay the shipping costs), and a very small cap cost reduction (about $300). I am guessing you can get out the door without any drive-offs. We were able to do so for my wife's Acura in August. If so, those charges would just be added into the cost of your car (and, therefore, financed).

Incidentally, the monthly cost was about $15/mo (after tax) cheaper for a 27-mo lease, but with the nearly $1100 MB Credit acquisition fee (ridiculous) and some of the other up-front fees, I preferred the slightly more expensive 39 mo-lease to spread those costs out across another year.
  • Twiga83Twiga83 Member Posts: 3
    Did you have any luck with this price? I am looking for a C300 Sport with auto transmission as the only option, what would be a good price right now?
    I heard good things about MB Beverly Hills. People told me to stay away from Santa Monica and Encino dealerships. Who was your salesperson at the Beverly Hills dealership?

Thanks,

leeinla
    Dec 17, 2008
    Talked to a dealer today and I said the following: $2500 down for 09 MB C class with navigation for 36 months/12K miles annually, $375 a month. He said I am almost there. I need a payment less than $400 a month. I am in the Southern CA area. Am I dreaming or am I realistic? I have tier one credit? Should I wait for car sales to take another hit in the next two months? When you lease a Mercedes Benz do you have to take it to the dealer for maintenance? Is maintaining an MB expensive?

Thanks,

leeina
  • buyhttpbuyhttp Member Posts: 2
    Just leased 2009 C300 4Matic + P1 + IPod + Burl Walnut Wood Trim + Black/Black Tex.

Monthly Payment: $529 / month (including all fees and taxes - 7% NJ + TTL + Docs & Acquisition fees)
    ZERO down, Only 1st payment of $529.
    MSRP: $39,110 (Edmunds MSRP is $39,910) , dealer said it was Sept. 2008 MSRP on this car.
    Invoice: $37,178
    Selling Price: $35,250 ($1928 under invoice)
    Residual : 67%
    MF: .0017
    27 month
    12K / year

It may not be the best deal out there but it's the best i could get from 5 different dealers, salesperson was not pushy, we exchanged a couple of emails before i went down the dealership and it was an easy transaction, we closed the deal in under 1 hour from the time i walked in. i feel that i could do a little better but i wanted to close the deal and get it over with.

I paid the the 1st payment and signed the sales order, I'll be taking delivery on Monday and sign the lease papers.

Hope this helps other buyers, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    buyhttp I'm in NJ too and going through the same exercise of getting quotes on the C-class. However, the best deal I found was mid-5's for 39 months. 27 months is a great lease.

Could you please let me know what dealer you used? thx
    That's a good deal, buyhttp. Mine was an MSRP of about $44k and I'm paying about $580/mo with standard drive-offs (1st mo, bank fees, TTL). The MF seems to have dropped -- the buy rate when I leased about 10 days ago was .0020. Damn Fed... :)

For those of you wondering about lease terms, the MB combination of MF and Residual seems to be favoring 27 mos. over 36 mos, but folks should consider that their non-capitalized fees, etc. are amortized over a shorter period of time. Given the time and expense associated with getting a new car (for me, a lot of time), I decided it was worth an additional $12/mo (less than $150) to have a lease secured for 39 mos.
  • eventsevents Member Posts: 2
    I bought a used Mercedes Benz with 27,500 miles, at 33,700 miles the check engine light came on. I decided to check around the engine compartment and found the serpentine belt dryrotted, a pulley rusted, sand in the filter housing with bird parts.
    Also,the passenger side fog light reflector is peeling. The dealer changed the serpentine belt, and the pulley. The dealer found the check engine light was due to a code of 0961. They replaced the gas cap. What is your take on the dryrotted belt sand ,in the filter housing with bird parts and the peeling fog light lens?
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    soccerandlost I priced C-Class and E-Class at one of my local dealers and they didn't even mention a 27 month option. In fact, the terms they gave me were 39 and 42 month options. This is why I want to know who the was in the earlier thread.

I have been shopping cars for 2 months and have yet to find a dealer who is really eager to offer a great deal. The BMW guys are in denial about the economy and expect min. $1000 over invoice. And the MB dealers ... I had an MB dealer let me walk for what ended up being $8 a month on a 39 month lease. They contacted me last week wondering if we couldn't meet in the middle. Are you kidding me?
  • southeastrtsoutheastrt Member Posts: 1
    2009 Capri Blue, C300 Sport, Black MB-Tex interior, 427 7 speed Auto, Aluminum Trim, 18" AMG wheels, No Frills Packages or add ons.

Just found one C300 Sport in Capri and worked up the below at local MB dealership. Tried another MB comparison some 2 hours away just to make sure and it was pretty far off base to this one. I'm not into costly frills so this one has no Ipod, CD player and heated seat options. Think i'm going to do the lease tomorrow.

This is right off the sheet i was handed today:
    Retail $36,165
    Savings $3,930
    Selling Price $32,235
    Fees $946.05
    Tax $2,033.48
    Net Sales Price $35,214.53

I will put $2000 down for basics.

39 mth Lease @ 10,000 miles $480 mth

39 mth Lease @ 12,000 miles $491 mth

Giving $3000 to $4000 out of pocket down will decrease the mthly which is also shown here as slightly less cost.

Direct Purchase:

$35,214.53 Purchase price for 60 mth @ 4.9% with $2000 dwn = $625-$630 mth
    $3000 down = $606-$611 mth
    $4000 down = $587 - $597 mth

Good timing = End of the month, end of the year, economy down with automotive world hurting. Right time to buy.

Shop, Shop and make sure you get what you are looking for.
  • buyhttpbuyhttp Member Posts: 2
    It's MB of Morristown, ask for Richard.

I picked up the car today and everything went as expected.

Thanks
  • 07Benz07Benz Member Posts: 1
    I have one year left on a 39-month lease. I am desperate to get out of this lease and get something not so expensive. Is it too early to trade it in?
  • pravinmpravinm Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone,

Can you please help me???? I am looking to lease a C class (sport version) for 39 months/ 12k per year lease term. The MSRP on the car is about $40k. The dealer i talked to is quoting about $600.00 /month with about $800 down. The MF they are quoting is .0020 and the residual is 54% The MF seems high based on some of the comments on this forum. any thoughts?
    That was the MF when I leased about 2 weeks ago, but I've seen postings on this sight leading me to believe that they dropped slightly when the Fed dropped the Fed Funds rate about a week ago. The residual sounds about right.

All of that said, there's room to negotiate. I'm paying about $540/mo plus tax for a $44k MSRP C300S Sport -- it has PII, Nav, AMG wheels, iPod Connectors, and the walnut trim. I paid standard out-of-pockets and a very small (i.e. $300) cap cost reduction.
  • pravinmpravinm Member Posts: 12
    Thanks! I will work on this deal and see where I get. I need to get some competing offers next.
  • gotgt3gotgt3 Member Posts: 114
    Dang this is good. Where was this? I have been asking for quotes on the base with auto trans and noone has reached 32K. You're lucky youre getting that with the amg...
    Also just out of curiousity, what IS the difference between the AMG wheels vs the standard? Is the tire roar more noticeable with AMG? Do they grip the road better?
  • aristotlenovaaristotlenova Member Posts: 9
    Can someone PLEASE help me on this one? I need to know what the current MBUSA lease terms are for the C300 Sport. One dealer quoted me .00064 for the MF, and 67% residual (for 12k over 27 months). However, the best I'm seeing from other dealers is .00166. I've seen others on here post that .00064 number and I'm wondering if it's an old MF or if I'm missing something here.

Here's the overall deal I'm getting, any comments on if I can get a better package or not would be helpful.

2009 C300 Sport
    Metallic Grey, with P1 Premier Package, iPod, and Burl Wood Trim
    MSRP: $37,990
    Quoted Price: $32,500 (which means $5,490 off of MSRP)
    MF: .00064
    Residual: 67% (27mo/12k mi)

Works out to about $420 per month with ZERO down.

So again, the big question is whether anyone else is seeing the .00064 MF on this car from any dealer they've talked to and how that is!!
    aristotlenova,

If the dealer is offering you a great MF and doesn't try to bait-and-switch you later, why are you even worried about it? That's an outstanding deal. I'd jump on it.
  • aristotlenovaaristotlenova Member Posts: 9
    The reason I was asking was because two other dealers told me that it was not possible to get that rate and that the dealership that offered it was likely either misquoting it or blowing smoke. And surely enough, when I called the finance manager at the dealership, I was told that the salesmen was incorrect about the rate. C'est la vie. I got a decent deal anyhow (posted full experience in the buying experience forum), with .00166 MF and $5k below MSRP.
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Car_Man: Can you please post the money factors and residuals for a 36 month 12k & 15k lease?

Looking to get an '09 AWD with P1 and leather package. MSRP $40,795ish

Also any advice about a discount from MSRP would be great.

Thanks
  • luka67luka67 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man!
    I'll be in the market for a new car in the next month or so. Are there any incentives/trunk money on the C and E series going on now?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luk.
  • mbcosmbcos Member Posts: 19
    I live in Norther NJ. I talked to MB dealers all over the state though and even 2 in NY. I live closest to the MB dealer in Morristown and thats where I thought I was getting my car from today. It went horribly. I negotiated the following deal:

C300 Luxury 4-Matic, P1, Navigation, black ext with MB Tex. 39 months, $1300 out of pocket for 1st month payment, registration, and whatever was left for their inflated bank fee. **I would not pay their BS "doc fee."** $499 a month including NJ sales tax 7%. Great deal, right?!! Well I got there to sign the deal and hopefully pick up the car and my salesman was no where in sight. I called him all morning too and the receptionist kept telling me he was busy, he was at lunch, and he was delivered a car, blah blah blah. When I got there, I waited 20 minutes and then this guy Richard came and he was just stupid and ignorant. I had also negotiated to have the chrome door inserts put on the car for free with my saleman. Richard had no idea about that so he told me it would cost me $110 to have them installed and it couldn't be done until next week. I also asked Richard if he could disable the beeping alarm when you are not wearing your seatbelt (I know, not good of me) and he we will not because it is a liability. He was very adamant about how he "would not." He didn't even bother to explain that disabling the alarm for the seat belts disables the airbags which I would never want to do. I ended up just walking out. This guy was stupid and obnoxious. I really wanted to get the car from Erik Laberge at Prestige Mercedes in Paramus, NJ. He was great. Class act guy with a great deal. Same deal as above, but it for a Sport model instead of Luxury and my wife wanted the Sport, so it was hard to not get it from Erik, but he really was great. He would have been my top choice. Instead, we picked up the car today from this obnoxious guy named Victor Dillon at Flemington Mercedes. It was a far trip for us, but worth. We ended up getting the car from him for $489 a month including NJ sales tax and got an added Panorama Sunroof and Ipod connector in the glove compartment. It was perfectly smooth and everything was great, except this guy had the personality of roadkill oppossum and he was way too opinionated telling my wife that he didn't like the chrome door inserts. He should have just kept his mouth shut. But still, I got a great car for $489 a month including tax with only $1300 out of pocket including my first month's payment. The MSRP on the car is over $43K. I guess I shouldn't complain.

If anyone wants a black on black Sport model with 4-Matic, P1, and Navigation for under $500 a month including NJ sales tax and only $1300 due at signing for 39 months, go see Erik Laberge at Prestige Mercedes in Paramus and make up for the stringing along I did to him. I actually do feel bad about it. I backed out of the deal an hour before I should have arrived.

Keep working on the deals. Maybe you'll do better than me. Who cares about residuals and money factors when you can put less than $1500 down and pay less that $500 a month on a $42,000+ car.
  • indus2indus2 Member Posts: 20
    how many miles/year was the deal for?
  • mbcosmbcos Member Posts: 19
    39 months with 15,000 miles a year.
  • indus2indus2 Member Posts: 20
    thx mbcos... one more question, the navi you got is the UMI option, not the multimedia package, right?
  • frankb036frankb036 Member Posts: 37
    mbcos..I live in New Jersey as well,,,you got a fantastic deal..thanks for sharing the info..I have some questions..what is the buy out amount on the car at lease end..did you try Ray Catena dealership?? and how did you negotiate such a great deal from several MB dealers..all of them wanted close to 600 for same car when I inquired..
  • frankb036frankb036 Member Posts: 37
    mbcos..another question..can you please itemize the options you got in the car..for example which navigation pkg did you get..
  • mbshoppermbshopper Member Posts: 1
    mbcos,,something seems wrong with the prices you quoted...with an MSRP of $43,000 and a lease factor of .00166 or 4% and no cap cost reduction payment, then the only way for the payments to be under $500 per month is for the residual value to be 69% after 39months and 45K mileage..which does not seem plausable Am I missing something?
This discussion has been closed.