Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    c300benzc300benz Member Posts: 3
    12/k miles a yr. this was NY dealer 499 month with 8.xx % tax included
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new C, td_nj. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    spumiamispumiami Member Posts: 9
    HI, I live in Miami and I got the following offer from my local MB dealer.

2009 C350 black, black interior, MB tex with Ipod integration kit. 39 months, 12K miles/year, $512/ month (including 7% tax) and $2500 total due at signing. Is this a good deal? Does any one thinks I can be able to lower it to $450 including tax? MSRP is $40,200

They are also offering me the following deal for a 2009 C300:

Cash Due $2500, $446 (including 7% tax) 39 months, 12,000 Miles

C300W $32,900
    650 Arctic White
    101 Black MB-Tex
    057 iPod Integration Kit $375
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Mer
    486 : Sport Suspension
    772 : AMG Sportline
    952 : Sportline Package
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    427 427 7-Speed Automatic Transmission (Requ $1,460
    427 : 7-Speed Automatic Transmission (Required
    929 : Dual Fuel Gasoline-Ethanol (E85)
    739 Aluminum Trim
    786 18"AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels $1,010

SUBTOTAL $35,745
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $36,620
  • Options
    td_njtd_nj Member Posts: 11
    Globe in Fairfield. My 2nd time with them. The facilities leave a lot to be desired in comparison with Catena, but they've beaten the pants off Catena on pricing twice now.
  • Options
    walkinhartwalkinhart Member Posts: 2
    MB C-300, with multi-media package (includes iPod connection), arctic white exterior, tan interior, 10,000 miles/yr, 39 mo lease - $2000 out the door and $390/mo (before tax); sunroof and bluetooth standard. MSRP $36,700. So, any comments? - it's a beautiful ride.
  • Options
    kenjinkenjin Member Posts: 10
    i got offer for c300 4matic with premium1 + sportline + ipod system+ 2 year maintaince free for total price 35922 leasing price $438 for 39 moth 10k mile with N.Y tax 8.375 and bank fee $745 due at signing.
    resid =54%
    money factor 0.00091
    tier1 credit
    msrp price is 39622 if i remember correctly.
    is this a good deal?
  • Options
    pholliephollie Member Posts: 45
    It seems everybody is coming in significantly under invoice on this car on their leases. Is that correct?
  • Options
    kenjinkenjin Member Posts: 10
    should be doable for most dealer. but must hurry before august i think... they are trying to get rid of their inventory asap..
  • Options
    coach16coach16 Member Posts: 3
    What is the MSRP and August incentives for the 300 C Benz
  • Options
    lornajlornaj Member Posts: 6
    I have 8 months to decide on my next car, I would like to know what leases are available for the CLK 350 cabriolet. I am located in So. California (inland).

What MF should I be expecting?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    I think the CLK is being discontinued.. If you are shopping for 8 months from now, you'll have to look at an E-Class convertible...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    newyorklexusnewyorklexus Member Posts: 11
    first time to a dealer in a while held my old mercedes for over 6 years. want a c300 premium 1 package. deal was for 499 a month with 3000 down. no way i didn't even ask him for the prices he was basing it on i just got up and left and he came a running on after me.
  • Options
    got the same deal and i just left and he ran after me too. Mine was at prestige. did not ask for numbers nothing just asked for premium one he came back at 499 and 3200 down. first i smiled then i just got up. what was he basing this on a 50K car.
  • Options
    Hey coach16. You can look up the MSRP, and perhaps more importantly the dealer invoice price, of the exact C-Class that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2009 C300, but it does have 0.9% to 1.9% financing or a special lease program available on it this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    luvdealsluvdeals Member Posts: 3
    radioative2006,

Your money factor is .0002?? That is less than one percent, .48% to be exact. Are you sure it's .0002 and not .0020?
    I am looking into leasing a MB and was wondering if that is the actual MF that MB is offering.

Car_man,
    Do you know what the August MF is?

Thanks a lot!!!

;)
  • Options
    I want to do this right and pay the right price so i have read and learned a lot here. Here is the best offer i got.

Term=39 months
    Base Payment=440.89
    MSRP=39,910.00
    Miles Per Year= 15,000
    Disposition Fee= 595.00 (is this a neccessary fee)

MONEY DUE AT INCEPTION=
    1st month=440.48
    security deposit=0
    Aquisition fee= 1,095.00 (IS THIS FEE RIGHT? SEEMS HIGH!)
    Fees and Ins.- 305.00
    Upfront taxes= 1361.37
    cap reduction=0
    total out of pocket=3202.26

PLEASE A LITTLE HELP. I am trying to learn. I think this is a good deal but not 100% sure. What can i do to make it better?
  • Options
    ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Car_man, I'm wondering why Edmunds invoice price is about $600 lower than what two dealers quoted me? Does their invoice price include some advertizing fee, etc.? Can I negotiate this extra $600 somehow? Anyway, based on Edmunds, got a quote for $2,000 under invoice (and based on dealer's invoice - $2,600 under invoice):
    2009 C300 Sport/Auto/P1/iPod/Wood. Black/Black.
    39 month/10K miles
    MSRP: $38,070
    Sale price: $33,500
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00075
    $399/month incl. sales tax (0 cap cost reduction, $795 acc fee + $399 first month + registration due at signing)
    What do you think?
  • Options
    billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    The disposition fee is what MBZ charges. Standard. No way around it unless you can negotiate it away. Maybe if you lease another from them at the end, but do it up front.

The acq fee seems quite high. the dealer can jack this up to make extra profit. Call a couple other dealers to talk leases and ask them. If it's a mercedes financial lease they have a floor amount, but dealers can go above that.

You need to know what the selling price is of the car. That's called the "capitalized cost" and is a crucial number in a lease calculation.

Also, the dealer can increase the "money factor" (what the interest rate is called in a lease) to make extra dough over the term of the lease. Make sure the dealer is using the same money factor that MBZ Financial is giving him.

The residual value is set by MBZ for length of lease and mileage and the dealer cannot mess with that.
  • Options
    40,800 MSRP got it for 34,155 cut acqu. cost to 795 thanks he was overcharging me like usual. ended up paying 2500 down 430 a month 39 months 15k a year.
  • Options
    scottamcscottamc Member Posts: 26
    Newyorklexus...

what packages were on your C class.. was it c300 2009 also?
  • Options
    c 300 2009 actual msrp was 39910. sold at 34,155 I believe. I actually put 2800 down after all said and done and paid 437 a month. It was a sport premium one with i pod and wood trim
  • Options
    Hi luvdeals. Mercedes-Benz Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C300 Luxury 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00198 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi ursus. I'm not sure why dealers quoted you a higher dealer invoice price than the ones that are listed here. Chances are that the dealers are including some sort of charge or charges in their version of the car's invoice. I wouldn't worry too much about the difference. You know what this car's true invoice price is. Use it to determine approximately how much you want to pay for it right now. Then comparison shop with a few dealers and go with the one that offers you the lowest total selling price. $2,000 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased 2009 C300.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    The correct invoice price is the one the dealer gets from Mercedes-Benz. It includes the IRG (Regional Adv) charge, which is part of the dealers cost. This charge ranges from $300 to $600 roughly, and will vary depending on geographical area. Edmunds does have a clickable link explaning these charges, but most folks don't bother to check, and it doesn't give you the amount. So you can't rely on Edmunds to give you the true exact invoice price. It will get you close, however.
  • Options
    christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    Car Man,

I am looking into an 09 C300 4matic Sport is with an MSRP of 42205 and selling price of 36759. Could you please tell me the MF and residual for a 36/39 month lease with 10 and 12k a year please?

Thanks!
  • Options
    christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    Actually, it seems that there aren't any more 09's. Could I please have the info on a 2010 c300 4matic with 10 and 12k miles a year for 36/39 months?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    ss2878ss2878 Member Posts: 5
    What dealer did you buy your c300 from and who was the salesman? I live in NYC.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Hi jwilliams2. The fact that something is a real cost to dealers doesn't make it part of a vehicle's invoice price. You don't see dealers charge fees for a myriad of things that are real costs to them, such as their power bill, their floorplan interest, etc... The invoice price is the invoice price and the dealer has to sell a vehicle for enough over that price to cover its expenses, including advertising charges. We're splitting hairs here anyhow.

The bottom line is that consumers should look up the invoice price of the car that they want, subtract any available cash incentives, add a little to that and then start comparison shopping with a few dealers in there area, going with the one that offers them the lowest total price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey christina271. Here's the information that you're looking for. Unfortunately, Mercedes isn't providing lease support on the 2009 C300 any longer. You can still lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial's, but if you do so you will have to use its standard lease program...which is not very attractive. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 C300 4Matic Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00395 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Even though Mercedes isn't providing lease support on the '09 C300 4Matic, it does have $3,000 dealer cash on it right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

If you really want to lease, you probably would be better off going with a 2010 model. MBF's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an equivalent '10 model would be .00163 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    HA, I see that you changed your mind and went with the '10 like I suggested, christina271. Please see my previous post for this car's current program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Car_man. Sorry, but you are totally wrong on this. The IRG charge is on the actual dealers invoice that he pays to MB. At the dealer I deal with, the charge is $500 per car. So the dealers invoice price is $500 higher than what Edmunds shows. You may think that $500 is "splitting hairs", but then your advice to "add a little" to the invoice can actually result in a price that is below the dealers actual invoice.

I realize this is of no big concern to the fine folks at Edmunds. But it makes a huge difference to the dealership and its sales team. Edmunds should strive to offer accurate information, and brushing aside facts hurts your credibility, and furthers misunderstandings to the consumer.

And your comment about "power bills, floorplan", etc it totally off the wall. Don't know where you came up with that. You need to get your facts straight if you are going to pose as an authoritative voice of Edmunds. Otherwise, you are simply misleading people.
  • Options
    anilpandyaanilpandya Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2010 c300 sport. Currently MBUSA.com is adverting a special lease offer of $399/month for 36 months with $4,844 due at signing. This includes 10k miles per year, automatic transmission and premium package.

I am interested in getting this lease, but either eliminating the premium package or substituting other options.

Can the Mercedes special lease offers be modified?

I am hoping that by eliminating the premium package i can either reduce my monthly payment or down payment.

Please Advise...thanks in advance
  • Options
    billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    jwilliams2.....I don't understand what you mean by your statement that CarMan's comment "about "power bills, floorplan", etc it totally off the wall" Could you please elaborate on that?
  • Options
    Hi Billmv, the discussion had to do with why the dealers invoice is higher than the numbers on Edmunds. Car_man is simply mistaken when he assumes IRG is not included in the MB invoice to the dealer. The numbers shown on Edmunds are understated, which leads to questions like that posted by ursus.

Edmunds does have a clickable link under their "National Base Price" explaining IRG or ADV, but most folks don't bother reading it.

Power bills and floorplan simply have nothing to do with it, and weren't pertinent to the conversation.

Thanks.......
  • Options
    scottamcscottamc Member Posts: 26
    I just leased a 2009 C 300 Sport White w/ MM + P2 + Ipod + Amg wheels .. MSRP of $44,XXX . I got it for $38.5k 10k miles 39 mo lease .. payment is $435+tax. No cap cost buy down.. about $2k drive off that included 1st pay+ title/lic + bank fee.

how did I do?
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to interview a consumer who passed on purchasing a Cadillac because there was no attractive lease option. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, September 16, 2009.
  • Options
    lookn4dealslookn4deals Member Posts: 1
    looking to lease a c300 sprt 4matic p2, mm blk ext/int 36 mth/12k 0 cap cost reduction whats a good price i can expect to get?
  • Options
    mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    Scottamc....That sounds like a pretty good deal...What was your money factor and residual? Do you know that the residual would be for 36mo/10K for 2009 C300 Sport?
  • Options
    Need September's MF and residual value for 2009 C300 Sport for 36mo/10k?
  • Options
    shinakumashinakuma Member Posts: 14
    I was just offered this deal after going into the dealership last night.

Note I am going to speak with them in a bit regarding the exact details so will update it when I get back.

MSRP
    minus Margin in Car (I would think margin in MSRP - Invoice, so at invoice)
    Addition 4k off for selling price

Lease rate of 233 (employee lease rate?)

What do you guys think?

Residual 55% on 36 mo
  • Options
    Yes do update. I'm looking for a 2009 C300 Sport with P2/MM/Auto and one dealer is offering about 8K under MSRP and employee pricing for lease MF. She didn't say exact MF but something in the 200's.
  • Options
    yeah man i'm looking at the same (around there).

from what i've found out about the 09 incentives is the c300 has 4k they can work with and c350 they have 5k they can work with

i used edmunds and cd invoice and just subtracted from there

one place went lower then that at 10,200 below MSRP on the C350 but the MF was standard, so they dropped selling cost but are trying to make it up in the MF

the other went invoice minus 4k and money factor was employee 233

I'm in Socal
  • Options
    I'm in SoCal as well. I tried to see if some of the other dealers were willing to do employee pricing, but so far no go. Ya I've got a quote for 11K of MSRP, but with that high MF. Also the dealer that is offering employee pricing doesn't have that vehicle on their lot. They also didn't give me an exact selling price and told me to come down to check it out. I'd like to at get at least a fixed price before showing up at the dealership.

So far it's been easy to get 8K off a C300, but the tricky part is trying to get that with the employee pricing for money factor.

How did you get a 55% residual number for 36mo? I was quoted 53% for 12k/36mo and 54% for 36mo/10K.

Have you spoken to FJ in Newport Beach or MB of Laguana Nigel? Do you mind letting me know which dealer is offering you the employee pricing for the MF?
  • Options
    Correction on my post, 50% at 36mo 15k/annual

I've gotten the exact same, big discount 10,200 with a high (standard MF) that was with FJ

Anaheim is decent with their pricing - MF at employee, they won't go as low as FJ though, I've been hitting 7k off MSRP with the emp. lease rate...

So the best I've seen so far

2009 C300 - Invoice minus 4k

what's crazy is the C350 is discounted to the point that it is almost the same price as the C300 but the MF is just high

This is with ZERO cap cost and ZERO drive off ;!
  • Options
    I haven't talked to Anaheim yet, but will do so tomorrow as well. Any particular contact person there that is helping you?

Also I am waiting to see if the person (scottmac) who posted before us would respond how he got only 6K off MSRP, but got a lease deal of $435+tax with just 1st month, tax/title,and bank fee. Using even the employee discounted MF I can't get to that lease number.

Basing it on 44,500 MSRP and 38,500 as selling price with 53% residual (assuming for 39 month special), MF of 0.00233, and 39 months I get a $526+tax.

I'd like to know what residual and MF they used to calculate that deal.
  • Options
    cool man good luck, i cant post salespeople names on here it says so just PM me or email me in profile

overall i think fj has the best pricing on MB based on volume and concessions they have with mb but the MF is kicker...

i was going to go with a loaded c350 but given the fact i'm going 36 and not purchasing at end lease i think it'd be better to just go with lowest lease which is lowest MF
  • Options
    vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Hey guys, i'm very active on this mercedes site. I DO have access to employee price/lease...my dealer told on saturday i can have one.

Lets all clarify what we can get, so we all know what to aim for.

A family member of mine got this deal, but my numbers were given vaguely, so maybe we can all figure it out.

MSRP $ 41000
    Sold price $ 30000
    MF .00003
    Residual 54% 10k miles

payment...$233. around 700 out of pocket. 36month lease, 10k miles

this is a SICK deal, i've been frantically trying to get a hold of them for exact details, but they left out of town(england).

Has anyone else been offered a deal in this range?...that does have access to employee.
  • Options
    That MF looks very low even for employee pricing. I was told it was in 200 something ( like 0.00233 as posted by another person in a few posts earlier). The discount looks right as well as the residual for 36mo/10K? Just can't believe the MF to be that low? Which dealership was this deal done at? Where are you located?
  • Options
    vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    I am in michigan. I previously got a employee deal, and the money factor was (.00005). I'm not sure if those dealers are giving you TRUE employee pricing on it. as in the whole money factor or not. Because with the money factor my family told, that is a insanely sick deal. I just wanted to know if others had a similar MF on a C-class. I got (.00005) last year on a E350, and i'm fairly certain the MF on a ML for employee right now is (.0003), so I figured the C-class was same as well.

I know sounds a little crazy to believe, but when mercedes gives a TRUE employee price, there MF is practically zero, guess thats the real perk of true employee.

I will absolutely confirm the #'s once I find out more. Others please do so as well.
  • Options
    Jwilliams2, were' talking about semantics here. Regardless of whether the dealer has to pay it or not, this charge technically is absolutely not part of the car's dealer invoice price. I've seen Mercedes-Benz official price sheets and this charge is not on there. Dealerships have lots of legitimate expenses, and advertising charges are one of them. The fact that this is a legitimate charge that all dealers have to pay does not make it part of the invoice price.

Dealers can cry that this is part of the invoice all they want, but then they should let consumers back out all of the money that Mercedes kicks back to them in terms of holdback and any other CSI-based, floorplan assistance, etc... that they get. I guarantee you that the money that dealers car back on back-end is well in excess of this small ad fee...but I never mention that to consumers. I'm trying to help people simplify the process by looking at the vehicle's actual price rather than including all sorts of random stuff.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.