Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• yossi1958yossi1958 Member Posts: 2
    H i, which dealer was it and how long ago? I am looking to get a c350 but prices are crazy! MB offers $479 plus 5K out the door for 26/10k miles.I will take a deal like that now!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey djhalptert. Unfortunately, Mercedes is not offering lease support on leftover 2009 models any longer.

Mercedes-Benz Financial charges a hefty $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • spumiamispumiami Member Posts: 9
    Hi It was on the Mercedes Benz of Miami dealer, like 7 months ago. 39months/10K though. My car is a C350 with Ipod. I was able to get the same deal on a dealer in Fort Myers with the 18" amg wheels but I couldn't get anybody to drive me up there.
  • yossi1958yossi1958 Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone. I live in Fort Lauderdale area and am very interested in leasing a C350 (36 months/12K). I read the MF and other number but my brain thinks in terms of monthly payment and OTD. (I am formula challenged...). I looked but can not find too many posts about previous purchases. Can you guys post monthly payements/OTD for me? Not looking for options on the car expect Key to Go (key less entery).
  • debraaz1debraaz1 Member Posts: 10
    Is anyone familiar with this lease : I am dealing with 2 salespeople in Delray and Palm beach Fl who will honor this lease...my question is:
    Do you think title tax and registration is included in a sign and drive?
    $459 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $0 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions The Sign and Drive lease is based on the 2010 C300W4 Sport Sedan equipped with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package (P1) and MSRP of $40,275. Dealer contribution of $1,680 is required for the $459 lease special. Dealer is responsible for the first monthly payment. See dealer for details.
    Comments $0 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • debraaz1debraaz1 Member Posts: 10
    I found this lease yesterday on the rebates and incentives section and sent it 2 2 dealers in delray beach and in Palm beach fl, both will honor it- do you think tax tile and tags are included > I want to make sure I know what a real sign and drive means. thanks:
    $459 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $0 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions The Sign and Drive lease is based on the 2010 C300W4 Sport Sedan equipped with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package (P1) and MSRP of $40,275. Dealer contribution of $1,680 is required for the $459 lease special. Dealer is responsible for the first monthly payment. See dealer for details.
    Comments $0 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2010
    Folks, I am in the market for a similar lease in the NYC (250mi radius) area.

Any suggestions? I am ready to sign, my lease is due at the end of May so the dealer may need to take that car back.

C300
    4Matic
    Auto transmission
    P1 at least, preferably more like BT, iPod, sports, etc.

Any duration <40 mo

$0 Down Payment

NA Security Deposit

10K Annual Mileage (I can take 8K if I need to!)

Thank you,
    Danny
  • ychang77ychang77 Member Posts: 31
    MSRP: $35,965
    Invoice $34,109
    Sale Price: $31,500

10K/yr 36 mo.
    Drive off $800
    Monthly after CA tax $396
  • benzc3004mbenzc3004m Member Posts: 3
    My lease deal was on a 2010 C300 4matic Sport, Fully loaded
    P02 Premium II Package-
    Dynamic Rear View Monitor
    Panorama Sunroof-
    AMG 5 Twin-Spoke Aluminum-Alloy
    harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1 except keyless entry.
    MSRP was $47,985 and sale Price was about $45.000. With 36 month/ 12,000 miles year, Out of pocket was $3,500 Every fee's Included. Monthly payment $498. Money Facture was .00056 Pretty Good Deal! I Think.

Well hope these number help. This site help me a lot. Thanx :)
  • luv_carsluv_cars Member Posts: 5
    Got pretty much the advertised special on a new C300 4matic Luxury.

MSRP $40,475
    Selling price $38,290
    MF 0.00056
    Residual: 60%
    Down payment: $2999
    Monthly payment: $339 (before tax)
    Acquisition fee $795.

Can't complain about the deal.
  • novacouplenovacouple Member Posts: 31
    I'm looking for a C300 Luxury, p1, w/nav. The dealer wants to compute the lease price on the full MSRP of $43,845. Shouldn't I get a discount off the list price before they calculate the lease? Any leasing tips are appreciated.
    Thanks, Jerry and Kathy
  • lornajlornaj Member Posts: 6
    No, they usually compute it by the MSRP. Ask what the Money Factor is, be sure it is really low. My advice is, after you are given the monthly payment and down payment, negotiate the down payment.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2010
    The residual is always based as a percentage of MSRP. However, the capitalized cost is whatever price you negotiate. It should be lower than MSRP.

Make sure you get all the numbers. The MSRP, the cap cost, residual, money factor, acquisition fee, payment, and total out of pocket. Then compare it to deals posted on this board to see it you are getting a good deal.
  • dee54dee54 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, Can someone tell me if this is a good lease offer. Its for a completely loaded multi media 2010 C300 4matic. grey metallic 36 mo/15000, lst month payment down only for $515. mo. No other out-of-pocket costs. MSRP is $43,965. I only spoke with the dealer once and this was his first offer and he stated that he doesn't play games.

Thanks.

Dee
  • luv_carsluv_cars Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Jerry and Kathy,

The three variables you need for the lease are money factor, residual % (value of the car as a % of the MSRP at the end of the lease), and the selling price (NOT the MSRP. The price you would pay *if* you bought the car).

The money factor and residual value are usually set by MB and not negotiated. For my 4matic, they were 60% (10,000 miles lease) and 0.00056.

However, you can negotiate the selling price to lower your payments.

If you can get the money factor, residual% and either selling price or monthly payment (along with downpayment), post it here.
  • goranvgoranv Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    I got quote from dealer for C300, MSRP $45,300, negotiated price $43,824 however I am bit confused with depreciation

Depreciation and any amortized amound is $19,722
    but in addition I have been charged Rent Charge $2651
    which brings Total of Base Monthly Payment to 22373.28

I havent heard before about rent charge and this is first time that I am trying to lease a vehicle.
    Can somebody tell me if rent charge is expected or dealer is trying to rip me off.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The rent charge is the finance portion of the lease... similar to interest, if you were comparing it to a loan...

Monthly payments are (Depreciation + Finance charge + tax), in general.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    Hi Jerry and Kathy:

You may consider joiniung Costco or AAA. They both have pre-arranged prices generally about $2000 below MSRP or better. That way, you walk into a dealer, you already know the price, pick the car, watchout for paint protection and other add ons, and buy the car and walk out in less than an hour. If either of you have any military background, go to USAA.com, join in for free, and get the car for $5k below MSRP. :)
    edited April 2010
    Does MB financial do multiple sec deposits to reduce the MF? I am in CA.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi poorprof. I haven't looked into this issue lately, but the last time I checked Mercedes-Benz Financial allowed consumers to make up to ten extra security deposits with each lowering their money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    So potentially one can drop the MF down to zero? If so I will have to seriously take a good look at the C300 4matic again.
    Exactly! Again, I hope they still have the MSD. Whom would you call at a dealer to ask?
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2010
    I would email the Internet Managers in several dealers, if no response, I would just pick a car, list all the numbers, including the MSRP, invoice, MSD, RV, the lowered MF...and ask them if they would accept the offer, if so they got a deal, if they still seem to scratch their heads, maybe there is really no MSD, then just warn them the danger of MSG next time they order Chinese :)
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hey guys, MB does offer multiple security desposits (MSD)......but ONLY if the Money factor(MF) is above .00150 I'm pretty sure the number is close to that, it was a while back. I was under the impression before you can buy it down from any rate, but thats not the case.
    DO you lose your multitple deposits if the car is totalled?
  • icb2779icb2779 Member Posts: 25
    I think I maybe able to help you. I just got a great deal on a 2010 C300. How many miles per year are you being offered and what is the term?
  • luxurypreneurluxurypreneur Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2010
    Is this a good lease deal? I'm being offered this by a NJ MB dealership for a 2010 C300 Luxury 4Matic. $0 down, just taxes & normal fees + 1st month and no acquisition). Originally, they wanted $472/mo + 2200 down (everything including acquisition + 1st month), but I informed them another dealer was offering $459/mo, $0 down (just normal taxes + fees - no acquisition or 1st month) and 10k miles and they *almost* matched + bumped to 12k/yr. (Trying to get them to waive 1st month so total will be around $1,100 due at signing). Also, MSRP of other dealers car is $40,475.

MSRP: $41,645

P1 Package
    Sirius Radio
    Palladium Silver

12k/yr, 36/mos
    $1,500 due at signing (taxes, ttl, reg, 1st month, etc - no acquisition)
    $459/mo
  • mugsalinimugsalini Member Posts: 4
    luxurypreneur,

I will be looking for a similar car in a few months and the numbers that you have listed look good to me. Can you tell me what MB dealership you are dealing with?
    Since you said you were be looking for a similar car, I'd go and buy it when they have their "summer sale" event. I deal with Globe Motors in Fairfield, NJ, and the dealer offering the deal (that I had Globe match) was Prestige MB in Paramus, NJ.

I just actually got a call back from the dealer and they will be paying my 1st months payment, so for the 2010 C300 4Matic Luxury with a $41,645 MSRP, I'll only be putting $1,100 due at signing (1st month & acquisition are waived) and getting the car for $459/mo for 36 months and 12k a year/
    Just wanted to post my updated lease offer for a 2010 C300 4Matic Luxury. This is from a NJ MB dealership.

P1 Package
    Sirius Radio
    Palladium Silver

12k/yr, 36/mos
    $1,100 due at signing (taxes, ttl, reg, etc - no 1st month or acquisition)
    $459/mo
  • mugsalinimugsalini Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. I live about 5 miles from Prestige so I will go there first. Can I ask who you dealt with?
  • outieoutie Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2010
    Does $515 include tax?

You should also find out what exactly is the selling price, it's the easiest way to tell whether it's a good deal.

Based on my calculation, A $43,965 MSRP selling for $39700, 57% residual, 0.00056 MF, license fees and acq fee rolled into lease, the monthly is $487 before tax.

So I think your selling price is somewhat around $40,700. Depends where you are you may be able to get to < $500.
    edited April 2010
    What is the selling price? $1,100 due at signing for license and reg only? I would double check on that because that looks like it includes 1st month. My license/reg/1st month for a 2010 E350 was only $1.4k

Selling: $37,441 (a price I would have gotten)
    MF: 0.00056
    Residual: 59%
    Acq fee $1095 rolled into lease

$423.27/mo + tax. Not sure if your $459/mo includes tax.

Looks like there's still room for negotiation.
  • myhal1582myhal1582 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for your advice on this one: Dealer in CA (MB of Beverly Hills) says that lease on C300 Sport has an acquisition fee of $1095 and Doc fee of $550. These fees seem very high; dealer says they are mandatory for California and are not negotiable. I wonder what other peoples experiences are?
    Thank you for taking time to answer me

Myhal1582
  • corralcorral Member Posts: 58
    They are giving you a line! The Mercedes Benz financial lease acc fee is $795. I have leased several Mercedes and first off think $795 is high but they have liberal end of lease standards and gap insurance so I feel it makes up for the price. Some dealers are honest and say they mark it up $300 and others lie and say it is mandatory. I have done it both ways demanded $795 or got my best and final deal and then taken the $1095 acc fee and demanded a $300 extra discount. Also make sure the dealer is not marking up the money factor they love to do that and that can get quite costly to the consumer. Last the foc fee in California is $55 not $550 and if they are charging that call your local DMV office that has an occupational inspector and report them as not following the law. Best of luck , I got 11% off msrp , $1095 acc fee and the buy rate on my lease on my recent c class lease.
    First of all, go directly to their Fleet manager at BH. He will give you your best deal.

Second, BH charges 1095 accq fee for everybody. We got two cars from them last week and really pushed them about it and they shpwed us convincing proof.

Dont know about the $550. Again, talk to their fleet manager. I can give you his name offline if u email me.
    edited April 2010
    Does the Doc fee also include the DMV license fee? If so that should be fine. $1095 acq fee is the norms here in Socal, so it's not much to worry about. It normally gets rolled into the lease.
  • kayatxkayatx Member Posts: 14
    Where are you getting this deal? I'm in the DC area and am getting no where close to this.

Does anyone know the MF and RV for a C300 4WD Sports loaded with P1, Multimedia and Sunroof, MSRP $43,645, Selling Price $41,151 for a 36 month lease with 15k miles/year.

I will be putting $1000 out of pocket.
    $1,100 due at signing for license, reg, tax, bank fee, doc fee, etc - acquisition & first month is being paid for by the dealer. Tax isn't rolled into monthly payments.
    Northern, NJ. Tell them what you want to pay and walk out if they don't abide!
    Ok so I got this deal...

C300 Sport 4WD P1, Multimedia, Panaroma Sunroof. The dealer hasn't given me the MSRP or the Selling price yet. But I have $1000 out of pocket and the payments are $450/month for 36 months with 15k miles a year.

I haven't been able to get close to this anywhere at the other dealers where they are asking about $530-$550/month

Thank you so much for this site. The information really helps!!
    Sounds like a GREAT deal. I would definitely go for it! I already put a deposit down and my car is already on a boat from Germany, so there is no turning back now (Multimedia & Pano would have been nice).
    Just got an incredible deal on the 2010 C300 4-matic! No money down and I am in the mid $300's
  • njbenznjbenz Member Posts: 2
    icb..where do you live??? that sounds like a great deal..what is it sport or luxury model?
  • startfromzerostartfromzero Member Posts: 2
    can you email me the deal at startfromzero@gmail.com
  • bdewittbdewitt Member Posts: 13
    here's the deal I have... CAN I DO BETTER??? Please let me know!!!

C300 4matic Sport with P1 package (MSRP 40,900)

36month lease/10k miles per year
    $1500 total due at signing (includes 1st months payment)
    $419/month before taxes ( it comes out to about $458 or something like that with taxes)... Lemme know
    Yes, you can do better..aim for atleast $1500-2000 under invoice... I have a C300 4Matic with P1, Multimedia, Panaroma Roof for 458/month including taxes with 1500 out of pocket....The MSRP was $45500.. I got the car for $40200...
  • bdewittbdewitt Member Posts: 13
    here's the deal I have... CAN I DO BETTER??? Please let me know!!!

C300 4matic Sport with P1 package (MSRP 40,900)

36month lease/10k miles per year
    $1500 total due at signing (includes 1st months payment)
    $419/month before taxes ( it comes out to about $458 or something like that with taxes)... Lemme know
    You can do better - aim for a selling price around $36,800 - make sure they don't over charge on the bank fee (should be $795). Depending on your sales tax rate.... you have about another $40 to $50 per month better you can be. Double check the money factor as well to make sure its not being marked up. :)
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    I heard there are changes for the 2011 c class. Are the changes worth waiting for?
This discussion has been closed.