Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi camryse. I believe that Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 C300 4Matic is .00128. Dealers are allowed to mark this factor up to try to add hidden profit to deals. This is likely what the first dealer was trying to do to you. I personally would try to get the dealer to use .00128 factor if I was in the market for this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kimandjaykimandjay Member Posts: 7
    Do you have the money factors and residual values for the C300 (sport and/or luxury) with a 15,000 mile a year lease for March yet?
    We'd consider anything from a 36-48 month lease.
    Hi kimandjay. Mercedes-Benz Finance's new March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • napergalnapergal Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Please advise if this is a decent deal or not:

Vehicle Price - $46,970.00
    Preferred Customer Discount - $3070.00
    Conquest Discount - $1000.00 (Currently have a Lexus IS)
    Selling Price $42,900.00

Tax $1600.88 (asked for tax credit and they gave it to me)
    Total Deal after tax/title/tags etc. - $44,875.96
    Cash Due @ Signing $860.00
    39 Months @ 15,000 miles = $626.00 per month payment
    Residual = 56%
    .00159 = money factor

Since there is a mini redesign coming out in June/July shouldn't I be able to do better on the lease payment/deal?

Did I also read that the seats are not real leather?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Hi napergal. A $3,000 dealer discount is pretty good on a C300 4Matic.

Having said that, the money factor that you were quoted is too high. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate for a 39 month lease of this car is only .00109 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. There's a good chance that the dealer is marking up your car's money factor to make some back-end profit on your deal to make up for the aggressive selling price that they are offering you.

Car_man
    Host
  • lahinch101lahinch101 Member Posts: 1
    Hello there,
    I was wondering what the proper lease rate/money factor is for a 2011 Mercedes C-300 Sport, with P1 package, technology package, AMG wheels, deck spoiler, roof spoiler and burl wood, with 15000 miles on a 33 month lease. Sticker is $46,335. I'm getting $2000 lease loyalty as a current MB lessee. I'm being quoted $532 a month, with $1,624 in start ups, out the door.

Is this a good deal?
  • ardentarasardentaras Member Posts: 8
    Make sure that MB dealer comes off the MSRP price, just like if you were buying the car, you would ask for a discount off sticker, then use that price first to lease from, not MSRP. Best way to lease is to act like you are buying first, get absolute best price on cars total price, not monthly payments, then take that price and ask for a lease on that number. Make sure that that is the number you lease from and the resudual is based off of. Compare a comparable car, like a 2008 C class with 36,000 miles on it from Galves or Kelly blue book fair value to determine the actual residual worth of the car you are leasing in three years time, assuming a three year lease term. Kelly blue book fair value trade in or Galves value are what a dealer will trade your car for, so you want to get closest to this value as your residual. Use a similar car to the one you are buying that is three years older to try to determine the values of the current car you are going to lease in three years time. also, no 39 month lease, it is strictly set up for dealer profits. No extended warranties either, or other add on garbage like scotchguard or etching or wheel locks, all crap, who steals wheels nowadays??? Please, better chance of getting struck by lightining! use a money factor calc to be sure you are getting a fair interest rate, money factor=interest rate. do not trade your car in, sell it yourself, if you do, get as close as you can to kelly blue book good trade in value. Shop around, some dealers need to meet certain quotas to earn money from the manufactuer, and will basically give away a car to meet the bonuses, I have seen dealers buy a car themselves to use in the parts department just to sell a unit!!! I have seen GM's trade in and buy another car to meet quotas!!! Shop around, see wh is hungry for a sale. I personally traded a Lincoln navigator in once, one dealer told me $8500, I went to the one who gave me $13,500! Same vehicle I bought, a Mazda, I was told payments of $630, I ended up with $505 !!! NEGOTIATION!!! Dealer will ALWAYS hit you high to see what they can get, as any good salesperson would do, keep fighting, you will get a better deal.

any more questions, please ask!
    If you are planning on buying the car out at the end of the lease, you want a residual close to Galves, if you are turning in, you want a high residual, go with Kelly blue book good condition private party as a guide. Try to get dealer to get you a good residual, check with different banks for this.
    No. Go out and buy a 2008 C300 sport,45,000 miles, same car, for $23,000, add an extended warranty for $3000, total 26,000. You are paying $19,180 to lease the new one, and you have nothing in three years. Sell the 2008 C class in three years, get about $16,000 for it, sell the remainder of the extended warranty back to Mercedes for around $800, and you get $16,800 in three years. You ended up spending only $9200 dollars to drive the 2008 C class for three years, ($26,000 minus the $16,800=$9200),same car, same look, same warranty, for $10,000 cheaper, also cheaper insurance! (This assumes a low interest rate on purchase) Just a thought, can save a lot of $$$ for the same vehicle!

If you still want to lease, get the payment from $532 to about $470, that is about $3000 off the MSRP, Mercedes has a lot more room than most manufactuers. ($20 every $1000 lease, $30 every $1000 purchase typically a month) .
    They are giving you that numer based off of full MSRP, make them come down about three grand, do not lease that car for over $500 a month!!!! Most definety can be under $500 !
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Mostly good advice. Except the residual is based as a percent of MSRP, not the buying price, and is set by the bank or leasing company. It is not negotiable. So doing research into what a 3 year old one is worth won't really help. Odds are good no one will beat MBCC's residuals. Or money factor if it's their promotional buy rate. And 39 month leases don't make the dealer any more money. It uses the same residual as a 36 month lease, so the cap cost is stretched over 3 more months which results in lower payments.

Also, if you would like, I can send you a picture of my son's E Class up on blocks after someone stole his wheels and tires. A set of wheel locks would have prevented that and saved a lot of hassle. For less than $100. :D
  • jamie42jamie42 Member Posts: 2
    How would the money factor be impacted by lower miles per year?

If the miles per year were 10K instead of 15K in the example above, would the money factor change significantly or just the residual?

Thanks in advance.
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited March 2011
    jamie42,

The money factor is not dependent upon usage and so it's not impacted at all. Only the residual is impacted and is adjusted to reflect annual usage that is different than the standard annual mileage usage established by your fund provider.

John
    The AutoLeaseGeek
  • brockp00brockp00 Member Posts: 1
    So, I'm looking at taking over a friends lease for a 2011 C300w Sport with P1 package, navigation, AMG wheels and 4Matic.

He has it for $375/month for another 2 years with 17k miles left on the lease. MSRP was $43,765, residual is $31k or so.

I'm wondering if this is a really solid deal based on others experiences. From what I can see online, it seems to be but I want to be sure as I've never leased before, but really like the car. I think the residual is likely a bit high, and I would quite likely be interested in buying at the end of the lease, so have some concern there. Friend is relocating internationally for work so this is why he's letting it go.
    Hi lahinch101. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gwyntersgwynters Member Posts: 9
    I'm a returning MB lease holder looking to roll into a 2011 C300. C300 Luxury with P1 and multimedia and heated seats. list 44200, net cost of 40200, plus ACQ fee etc. for a Cap. cost of 41353. Quoted 63% and .00129 on 33months with 15K with 7% sales tax. 1800 out the door cash. The numbers don't come out right when I use an online calculator. 63% seems too high for a 15k mile lease? Anyone know the residual and MF for April?
  • memyselfandi3memyselfandi3 Member Posts: 1
    I went to my Pittsburgh MB dealer on March 30 and was interested in leasing a new C-class that is being built now and shipped on April 5. I was told that I could not get the $2000 customer loyalty rebate because the car was not here and that they had no idea if they would be extending the loyalty program into April. Well, April is here and the rebate is gone. I am now so irritated that I think I will go back to BMW! Was I handed a line of BS???? It makes no sense to me since none of the ads said anything about the car having to be in stock or in the USA.
    Hi gwynters. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33 month lease of a 2011 C300 Luxury with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Don't worry, memyselfandi3. The $2,000 owner loyalty cash is still there on the 2011 C-Class in April.

Car_man
    Host
    C300 Luxury, with P1, multimedia and heated seats: 44200. Assume a 40k sale price and the 2K loyalty discount = cap cost of 38K. 38K car with .00109 rate and 61% for 33months plus 7% sales tax = 433. So far have not gotten close to that number by dealers. Is anyone?
  • mariasmarias Member Posts: 15
    Car Man

what are the money factors and residuals for:

2011 C350 Sedan, 39 month lease and 10,000 miles/year
    2011 E350 Sedan, 39 month lease and 10,000 miles/year
    assuming excellant credit
    Thanks for your help
  • lawyermilloylawyermilloy Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man (or anyone else)

Is the below a good deal for a C300 Sport, no options except wood trim?

MSRP - 37060
    Purchase - 33000
    Lease payment - 349
    Lease Residual - 23347
    Money Factor - 0.00109
    Miles allowance per year - 12,000
    Down Payment - 3700
    No annual maint. included.

Thanks - LM
    I'll answer my own question. I finally got what I figured was the right deal.
    436 for 33 months with 1700 cash out the door.
  • lawyermilloylawyermilloy Member Posts: 3
    My P1 quote (granted, no nav) - 38350 MSRP, 33500 Sale price. 1500 down out the door, 12K miles a year, free 3 year maint. , monthly payment 415

So yours is 21/month more or 693 for navigation.....what state/dealership are you working with? I wonder if it is worth it to try to get Nav added...
    Here's the information that you're looking for, marias.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C350 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00193 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan are .00240 and 60%.

I'm not positive, but these models might qualify for MB Financial's "Value Added" program. If so, then the aforementioned numbers should be good for 39 month leases as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lawyermilloy. This deal looks good to me. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with this car's buy rate. The selling price looks good as well.

The only thing that I would change about this deal is the large down payment. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • kimsmith22kimsmith22 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I am looking to do a lease deal today or tomorrow. I was previously negotiating one for April but all of the dealers that I was negotiating with had run out of conquest cash and it made the payment bump up.

The car I am trying to get:
    2011 C-Class Sport Version
    Black, Palladium or White Exterior
    Black MB Tex Interior
    Premium Package
    Multimedia Package
    Keyless Go
    Maybe some other options as well.

15k/year; 33 month lease

So, my questions now are:

What is the money factor and residual for May?

Is the conquest cash program still going? I currently have a Porsche. Last month it was an additional $2,000 off.

Any other kickback/incentives I should know of?

Thanks!
  • kimsmith22kimsmith22 Member Posts: 12
    Here are the exact details. These are all MSRP prices. What would be a good price for this? They are cutting them like crazy!

C300W
    040 Black
    101 Black MB-Tex
    068 Wheel Locking bolts $140
    07P Germany
    070 Chrome Door Handle Inserts $90
    104 Rear Deck Spoiler $300
    105 Roof spoiler $300
    218 Dynamic Rear View Monitor $460
    319 319 Lighting Package: Bi-Xenon Headlamps $985
    615 : Bi-Xenon Active Light System
    600 : Headlamp Washing System
    320 320 Multimedia Package: 7" Power Retract $2,700
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    512 : COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control
    396 : Voice Control
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    333 333 Sport Sedan: Sport Body Styling, Mer
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    952 : Sportline Package
    772 : AMG Sportline
    486 : Sport Suspension
    236 : LED Daytime Running Lamps
    413 Panorama Sunroof $1,090
    427 427 7-Speed Automatic Transmission (Requ $1,490I
    427 : 7-Speed Automatic Transmission (Required
    P47 : Automatic Package
    536 SIRIUS Satellite Radio $460
    739 Aluminum Trim
    786 18" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Alloy Wheel $1,040
    873 Heated Front Seats $750
    889 KEYLESS-GO $1,140
    917 PZEV-Emission, USA

SUBTOTAL $44,935
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $45,810
  • kh98kh98 Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to lease a 2011 Mercedes C-300 last week but I didn't act on it. I was going to lease it in April, and back then, I was getting quoted approx $500/month with $5000 down for 36 months. Now in May with the different (or lack of) incentives, I'm getting quoted approx $700/month for the same car/same specs (I want navigation sport package, don't need 4matic).. The dealer told me the deals will get worse and worse.. and that I should act now.. He said the prices typically go up as it gets closer to the new model coming up.. I somehow doubt that, but the $700/month compared to $200 less the previous month, is evidence of what he said to me..

Do you think the price will drop some more this month?

My current lease is expiring so I need to get a new car asap and I think he senses the desperation.

In case you're wondering why my quotes are so high, it's because I'm in Canada.
    Please, any advice is appreciated!
  • jamie42jamie42 Member Posts: 2
    I think you are getting ripped off. I recently leased a 2011 C63 AMG for $940/month, 36 months and only $3K down. At face value, those numbers for a C300 seem way too high.

Use Truecar.com to check your sticker price and then use a lease finance calculator to check your payment.

Try a different dealer...
  • jebelljebell Member Posts: 54
    To car man,
    Can you tell the MF and residual for a 2011 c300 luxury, 36 months 10,000/yr with P1, heated seats, 4matic, automatic.
    Thanks
    Greetings jebell.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Luxury 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00109 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jebelljebell Member Posts: 54
    Thank you. I do appreciate it.
    You're very welcome jebell.

Car_man
    Host
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    I am getting a quote for a 2011 C300 luxury as follows:

Palldium Silver
    P1
    Heated seats
    MSRP=40,200
    33 month lease
    33,000 miles
    $1000 total out of pocket
    $1500 loyalty cash/rebate
    $427/month including tax
    plus...making last payment on my Audi of $398.45

Should I jump on this deal....or room to negotiate? Need to buy it by the weekend.
  • nbtynbty Member Posts: 24
    what did the 1000 pay for? Also what dealer
    edited May 2011
    c300 4Matic silver with p1 wood dash heated seats 42100
    sale price 36445 with audi rebate
    425 month tax included 8.625 %
    just plates cost at pick up and first month
    33 months
    33000 miles
  • mb_rynamb_ryna Member Posts: 95
    Need opinions from experienced MB leasers. I have never leased, but am considering it since I only drive about 7,500 miles/year. I’d like to know your thoughts on leasing 2011 C class now (June) vs. waiting until August when they typically sell at deep discounts.

For a for a C300 4matic sports, P1, Multimedia, backup camera, Panoramic, and a few extra options, the MSRP is coming out to be around $47K. I don’t have any quotes yet, but assume the 2011s will sell for about $3k less plus take off another $2k for Conquest…so a net of $42k. If this August goes anything like what I read from the forum, the price could be reduced by $10k (I’ll assume there won’t be a Conquest offer at that time).

So August most likely will be cheaper and thus a lower capitalized cost, but what I don’t know is if the residual value will drop drastically when August comes around. If it does, then there is little value in waiting as the payments may end up being the same.

Can anyone share any past experiences to help me decide if it’s worth the gamble to go for it now vs. wait? Thanks.

ps, I know the newly redesigned 2012 comes out in August, but am thinking it would be too expensive for me as a $47K car most likely would only be discounted by $2k or so.
    Car Man - can you please let me know Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 and 33 month lease? This would be for a 2011 C300 Sports 4-matic with 7,500 miles a year along with top credit tier. Can you also let me know what it would be for 10,000 miles/year?

Thanks
    Hey mb_ryna. Mercedes-Benz Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sports 4Matic with 7,500 miles per year are .00109 and 71%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00109 and 65%.

I believe that these numbers can be used for 27 and 33 month leases through MB's "Value Added" program.

The residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • elmauro1elmauro1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    My first question would be if the c class will change for 2012?

If the answer is no, then Im in South florida in Miami, im looking to lease a c300 sport with amg wheels, spoiler and dont really care about any other options, maybe panoramic sunroof and key less entry. I want to lease it for 33 or 36 months with 15K a year with about $500.00 out of pocket at singning.

I was given a quote of about $510 a month, It seemed a little high. (this was for a white one with the wheels and the spoiler, thats it)
    Please if you know anyone who can give me a good deal on this car let me know.

Thanks
    Car_man, thank you for the information. Dealer is giving 9% off of MSRP. Does that seem like they could do better?
    c300 4Matic silver with p1 wood dash heated seats 42155
    sale price 36202 with audi rebate
    418 month tax included 8.625 % saved $7.00 a month signed up for autopay
    616 includes plates & doc fee's & first month
    33 months
    33000 miles

Thanks to this forum and carman helping me get this great deal
    Love the car
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Great job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, Would never got close to this price without the knowledge I got from your website.
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Hi Car_man,

Will you please post the money factor and residual for a 2011 C300 (without 4-matic) for both 36 and 48 months with 12k per year? Thanks.
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    Thanks Car_man. If the residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% lower, does that mean 12,000 miles per year is 2% lower? Also, is this MF and residual also valid for the C300 (without 4-matic)?

Thanks.
    For a lease through MB are residual values or money factors negotiable?
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    Hey nbty:

So you only paid $616 out the door and your payments are $418/mth tax included? What state are you in?

Thanks!
  • articwhitearticwhite Member Posts: 3
    Hey all I just wanted to know what you guys think about the deal I got.

2011 C300 base with heated seats and wood trim. Artic white.

1879 out of pocket, includes 1st month, dmv fees, bank fee, etc.
    354/mo with taxes included. I'm in NY.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.