Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mb_rynamb_ryna Member Posts: 95
    mmenard - what are the details? MSRP, sale price, how many months, how much mileage....4matic or rwd?
  • articwhitearticwhite Member Posts: 3
    msrp - 39440
    sale price - 33750
    33 months
    10k per year
    4matic
    money factor 0.00109

thanks again.
    33750 sale price is great. That's a bit over 14% off MSRP. The sale price that you mention didn't factor in a trade or any special programs such as Conquest, right?

If not, then the 14% is wonderful. I'll try to get the same or better. I have just started and am seeing 10%, but I'm sure it will do better as I go to dealer #2 and 3, etc.
  • nbtynbty Member Posts: 24
    Long Island ny
  • articwhitearticwhite Member Posts: 3
    It did actually include conquest, so i guess in reality the price is really 35,750.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome mb_ryna. A 9% discount from MSRP sounds reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting a great deal, nbty. Thanks for taking he time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    ">link title
    I'd be happy to help you out, cagorm. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00109 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cagorm. MB Finance's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15k residuals. Its 10,000 mile per year residuals are 3% higher than the 15k.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mb_ryna. Dealers don't have the authority to alter banks' residual values. They are however often allowed to mark banks' money factors up to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. That's why it is important to know what the buy rate is for the vehicle that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • jamlovesgrapesjamlovesgrapes Member Posts: 9
    exactly which dealer?
    need to lease asap and would like to deal with this dealership for these prices!
  • jpark1228jpark1228 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

I'm new to this leasing procedure. If I have a credit score of 720, what can I expect on the money factor? It appears that MB top tier credit score is above 750 from what I've been reading.
  • rtlgururtlguru Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I'm about to lease a C300. Can someone verify the conquest cash for BMW is $1500 for june?

Also, is there really a savings for signing up for autopay? The dealer said that has been discontinued. Thanks!
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    I got $2000 conquest cash. Leased my car this past friday. I'm in CA
    Is the residual % calculated off of MSRP, negotiated price, or final price after incentives? For example, if the MSRP was $40,000, purchase price $36,000, and final price after incentives (such as conquest) of $34,000....then what is the residual based off of?

Thanks,
    MSRP
  • kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Got the following deal:
    2011 C300 auto with wood trim and ipod
    MSRP: 37060
    33 months
    15k/year
    800 out of pocket
    424.84 per month including tax
    Got maintenance till 40k for 12/month so final payment was 436
    Also got tax credit so only paid 1.5% instead of 6.25%
    Sale price was 32268

How did I do?
  • npanitsasnpanitsas Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

For the 2011 C300, do the same buy rate lease money factor and residual values apply for June?

2011 C300 Sport
    36mo/10k

Thanks!
    kar_freak - sounds like you received about 13% off of MSRP. Did the dealer give you that discount or does this reduction include any special incentives (such as conquest, etc)?

Thanks
  • npanitsasnpanitsas Member Posts: 4
    kar_freak,

Great price on the C300. It's possible the dealer made up the difference on the interest rate, in this case about 5%.
    This site has helped me a great deal so here's me giving back. Hope this help's anyone negotiating a C300 lease.

C300 Sport Black/Black Tex
    Mulit-media package
    Rear view monitor
    Rear Deck Spoiler
    AMG wheels
    Heated seats
    7-speed automatic
    MSRP $41,315

33 month lease, 7500 miles/year
    $1500 down payment
    $319/month + tax
    mmenard - thanks for sharing your good deal. How much did you get off of MSRP? Also, did you utilize any other discounts (such as conquest) to get the payments that low?
    I got about 12% off MSRP and $2000 Conquest cash discount.
    mmenard. Sounds like you got a good deal. Was the money factor .00109?
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2011
    I leased a white C300 today with automatic transmission, Premium 1, multimedia, heated front seats, burl walnut trim and the $250 "R70" 18" wheels. MSRP on the car was $42,375. I paid $35,305 after the $2,000 conquest rebate inclusive of all dealer fees (processing, etc.). This comes out to about 12% off MSRP ($37,305/$42,375 = 88%) and the Conquest cash on top of that.

I leased the car for 48 months at 12,000 miles per year. Residual is 53% and money factor is .00109.

MSRP - $42,375
    Residual - $22,459
    Depreciation - $15,967

Sales price (inclusive of dealer fees) - $35,305
    Title/registration - $183
    Maryland taxes* - $2,142
    MBZ acquisition fee - $795
    Gross cap cost - $38,425
    Payments - 48 @ 399 per month

Thanks to Car_man and others for providing such valuable information to help navigate through these transactions.

* Like some other states, MD charges sales tax on the full purchase price of the vehicle
  • cagormcagorm Member Posts: 40
    I forgot to mention that I put $0 down. The only cash out of pocket was my first payment of $399.
    mb_ryna - It was purely a discount from the dealer, no special incentives. I got a feeling for bottom line from other delaers and made an offer. Including tax (1.5% with tax credits) and aquisition fees, etc., I believe the net cap cost was around $33,500. They even gave me a loaner for a week until the car arrived.

Thanks
    Hi jpark1228. A credit score of 720 is definitely high enough to qualify for Mercedes-Benz Finance's best available special money factors. Its current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 is .00109.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi npanitsas. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00109 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, can you please provide July MF and residuals for:

1) C Class, 4matic sports, 10K miles/year for 30, 33, and 36 months
    2) E-Class, 4matic, 10k/year for 30, 33 and 36 months.

Also, do you know if conquest is still going on for July or if there are any other incentives?

Thanks for all of your help!
    edited July 2011
    Greetings mb_ryna. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00109 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 E350 Sedan 4Matic are .00240 and 66%.

The numbers for otherwise identical 36 month leases are .00109 / 56% for the C and .00240 / 57% for the E.

I believe that Mercedes is still providing its dealers with "customer advocacy" certificates in July that can be used to get a decent additional discount on the E's, but I'm not sure about any conquest cash on these cars yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman. Looks like the MF/Residual are the same in July as June.
    I also I heard that Conquest is still good through Tuesday, July 5th.

Still trying to figure ot if I pull the trigger in July or roll the dice and see if August has better deals.
  • bottomsupbottomsup Member Posts: 36
    Carman, could you please provide the money factor and residual for a C300 Sport for 10K and 12K for 33 months?

I was quoted a monthly of $309 + tax on a C300 Sport with Automatic.
    $3500 total drive off that includes all dealer fees and license and registration.
    10K for 33 months.

Does this sound like a good deal?
    Hello bottomsup. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00109 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

It would be easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price. This will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given and if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    I'm trying to understand how maintenance payments are handled.

I would have thought that the maintenance package costs would have been spread during the lease term, However it seems that the residual factor is applied and you don't pay the full amount...so what is the catch?

For example, if you take a $769, 3 year maintenance, the payment on a 64% residual car on 33 months only cmes out to $8.38 + tax. So you end up paying about 277, but fully use up the maint service.

So what is the catch? Do you have to pay the remaining portion at the end of the lease?

I have quotes from a dealer, but have not discussed this yet. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    The maintenance package is not residualized, just like anything else added to the capitalized cost. So you will pay the full amount over the term of the lease, with nothing due at the end. It's the same if you were to do a zero down lease, and spread the first months payment, acquisition, taxes, etc. over the term of the lease.
    jwilliam2 - see posting #949. That person, like me, also was provided a "residualized" portion of the maintenance...not the full amount.

My thoughts are the same as yours...but it seems that the dealers are providing it incorrectly and I'm concerned that they will ask for the remaining portion at the end of the lease. Guess I'll know when I receive the final paperwork tomorrow.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited July 2011
    Let us know how it works out. If doesn't make sense that they would residualize a maintenance plan. I was in sales and sales mgmt for 12 years selling MB up until a few years ago, and we always added it to the residual, the same as the acquisition fee. So you paid for the whole amount. Would be interesting to know if it has changed. And a heck of a deal as well.
    edited July 2011
    Please let me know your thoughts - I think I know what is going on now and think that the dealer has made a mistake factorng in the mainteance. Jwilliams2 message was helpful.

I have so many versions of the paperwork that it was hard to spot a change in the residual.

Here are the numbers without and with the maint.

Without Maint:
    C300, 4-matic, MRSP of 45195.
    Sale price of 39000 (a bit over 11% off and taking 2000 off for conquest)
    33 month, 10K/year, MF. 00109
    64% residual = $29, 564
    $1,000 trade-in
    payment 452.01 which includes $69.45/month of tax
    (pay 6% on full purchase price, so $2338)

With 3 year maint package $769:
    all of the same as above except
    Sale Price 39000 with 769 aftermarket
    "64% residual", but now 30,057 -> thus $493 higher
    payment $463.21 which includes $70.85/month of tax (total tax = 2338.08)

so with maint, the payment is $11.20/month extra x 33 = $370 + 493 "higher" residual, the intent was to charge $863 for a $815 product ($769 package + 6% tax).

Shouldn't the residual have been lowered by $493 or so rather than increased? If the residul is lower, then the payment is higher.

Thoughts????
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The residual should have stayed the same... As noted before, a maintenance plan is just an additional cost, that isn't residualized...

I think the dealer is making a mistake, and it will probably be kicked back, once it hits the bank... If not, then taking the maintenance is a no-brainer and super cheap.

The only exception I've seen to this, is with Audi Care.. If you took that maintenance package, Audi was raising the residual of the vehicle by 1%. But, they still weren't adjusting MSRP... That seems wrong.. MSRP is MSRP.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I just confirmed today from another dealer that MB is allowing maintenance package to be residualized....if you get it, they are increasing the residual value f the car as it will be well taken care of.

This is good news as it means maint should only cost about $10/month during th term of the lease...big savings!!!!
    Jwilliams2,
    The maintenance package is resudualized as it is added to the cap cost. I just got my C300 and am paying about $12/month for a $700 package for 33 months covered till 40k miles.
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    Hello Car_Man

I am wondering how you are calculating the right lease amount after getting msrp, sales price and rates for the related month. Do you use a specific calculator ? Because the ones that I try on web give me way higher outputs such as the one in mbusa web site than comments here. I am planning to get the 2012 automatic c class with couple extras lets say

negotiated sales price is 36000 and
    msrp was 40000.
    top tier credit score,
    todays interest rates and
    36 months 12000 miles a year
    1000 down

Can you give me a reasonable range for 36 moths lease?

Thanks in advance.
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Hi Guys,

I guess inventory is getting low on 2011 C300's so I need to move on this pretty fast. Can you tell me if this is a good deal and if anything is negotiable? According to the salesperson, its an amazing deal and not negotiable anymore. Its seems to good to be true and Im afraid what might change once I get the the contract stage that things may be changed. Please give me any advice you can.

Car: New 2011 MERCEDES BENZ C CLASS C300W1 Sport (black/black)
    Term: 33 months
    Allowed Miles per Year: 12,000
    Total Mileage Allowed: 33,000
    Total Inception Fees: $1500 (includes 1st payment, fees/insurance)
    monthly payment: $379 (includes taxes)

Options included in this deal:
    Extras: Ipod Kit: $380
    Wood Trim: $325
    Automatic Transmission: $1,490

Vehicle Price (MSRP): $37,060.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$4,734
    Total Selling Price: $32,326
    Total Capital Cost: 33,113
    Sales Tax (estimate): +$1,981.87
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): +$300
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: +$8.50
    Tag Agency Fee: +$98.75
    Documentation Fee: +$599.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $35,315.07

Retention Rate (money factor): 0.00109
    Total Residual: 23,347
    Purchase Option: $23,497
    Cap Reduction: 7.52
    Excess Mileage Chrg: 0.25
    Max Reserve Rate: .00150
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    One question, are you paying the acquisition fee upfront or having it rolled in to the lease? Also, do you happen to know the acquisition fee that they are charging? I think you're dealing with an Autonation dealership and having just dealt with one of their MB dealers, they will charge a higher acquisition fee. Finally, I'd be happy to run a payment for you, but I'd ask if tax is figured onto the total selling price or the monthly payments, and if so, what's the rate?
  • futurescapefuturescape Member Posts: 10
    Hi Driversedge, I would like to email you the disclosure details directly from the autonation dealer. Can you send me an email address that I can private message it to? I want to make the deal tonight so if you can contact me asap, I would appreciate it. You can email your email address to josemembreno@yahoo.com. Thanks! BTW, I got a different autonation dealer to give it to me for $369/month total.
  • ccappaccappa Member Posts: 29
    So what is up with this conquest incentive anyway? Is it a real factory-backed incentive, or just some kind of dealer gimmick? Also does it include Saab? The ads I've have seen include every luxury make, even Volvo, Acura, and Lincoln (Lincoln?), but not Saab, which seems weird to me.
    That sounds like a solid deal. Are you paying any down payment?
    I don't it's a dealer gimmick. You negogiate on your sales price then have the conquest incentive applied. Two grand extra off the negotiated price.
    Good question, temiz. I personally use the formula that is outlined in the following article and Excel to work up payments on vehicles: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment

Using Mercedes-Benz Financial's current lease program, an MSRP of $40,000, and a selling price of $36,000, I estimate that this car would have a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $453.

The $1,000 capitalize cost reduction that you mentioned would lower this car's payment to around $424.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.