Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    to benz2779

buddy looks like you are promoting this website as if you have vested interest in people spending money to get the book.

the payments that you are referring to and the discounts dont apply to a normal person.
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2010
    romo 007 -

Its unfortunate but I have no vested interested in the website. However, I do like to promote stuff I believe in and these deals are all very much achievable if you know how to shop and what you are doing.

Mercedes as a whole has been focused on volume for the past 6 years now. They are trying to achieve the #1 spot for luxury cars this year and beat out Lexus for the first time in 10 years. Hint: As to why the prices are so much lower then they have ever been. Now your seeing almost anyone driving a Benz where as in 10 years ago it was only the wealthy people. Not everyone is getting deals like I am speaking about unless you work at it and know what your doing.

Are you still looking for the E350? I would be more than happy to assist in finalizing the deal. What is the city you need to buy the car in?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi katiebell. The money factor that the dealer quoted you is correct. It is not negotiable. For some reason Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the E350. It is difficult to say what Mercedes' December money factor for this car will be, but it can't be much worse than it is right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would be inclined to wait until next month to get one.

Using the numbers that you mentioned, I am coming up with a monthly payment of around $717.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dbenyaminydbenyaminy Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    white on almond 2011 E350 w/ P1 and sports package . MSRP 54275, 950 drive off , 575 a month for 24month with 12k/year.. solid deal?
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    dbenyaminy that deal is too good to be true but if thats what you were quoted for I'll take it without hesitation.
  • dvpriemdvpriem Member Posts: 11
    Leasing a 2011 e350, but I do not belive dealer uses the natinowide MB lease program. I am isolated and need to drive 200 miles to another dealership so I want to be prepared:

Here is what I was offered:

MSRP $56,995
    Cap Cost $53,667 (the negotiated price)
    capital reduction $0
    Miles per year 10,000
    24 month lease

DMV fees $714
    Doc fees $49
    "Lease fee" $1095
    Security deposit $0
    Total inception fee $2791

Monthly payment before taxes $769.

This payment seems about $100 too high. The inception fee seems close to the the national lease program I think. Should any of these items be much lower or am I close to what they should be?

Thank you.
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Does anybody know the December money factor and residual for a 2011 E Sedan Luxury for 24 months with 12K miles per year? Thanks so much!
  • feeldaxtcfeeldaxtc Member Posts: 1
    does this look like a decent deal?

this is the best i have seen so far...i have received quotes n e where from 1160-1350 per month with about 6k to 7.5k upfront...

2011 e63 amg

ACCESSORY DESCRIPTION
    040 Black
    201 Black Leather
    P02 Premium 2 Package
    Y83 Alcantara Headliner Black
    230 PARKTRONIC with Parking Guidance
    413 Power Tilt / Sliding Panorama Sunroof
    610 Night View Assist PLUS
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim

MSRP $99,015

Term - 36 months
    10,000 miles a year,

Monthly payment $992.24

$5544.24 out of pocket (1st month, bank fee, doc fee, motor vehicle & registration plus taxes)
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Could you please let me know the residual and money factor on a 24 and 36 month lease at 12K per year. I see only 1,000 cash for non mercedes owners, is there any additional money available?
  • astern26astern26 Member Posts: 4
    Feeld where did you get offered that deal on the e63? looks good
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    Where did you get this deal dbenyaminy? It sounds very good
  • glipperglipper Member Posts: 13
    Looking at:

a. E350 for 24 mths; package 1 with the maintence option (MSRP $57k). What should I be looking at for a monthly payment and down payment. Is $659/mth and $4k down too much (seems like it)

b. GL for 36 mths; package 1 with maintence, heated seats and rear entertainment (MSRP $67K); is $7k down and $800/mth too much (seems it)

Appreciate the help!
    Hi warbern. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 72%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mlevine. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 72%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00240 and 60%.

Mercedes is currently providing a $2,000 loyalty cash incentive on the 2011 E350 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi glipper. You never mentioned these vehicles' selling prices. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large the dealer discounts that you were given were and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks again for your help. The 2 year program is a great deal. I am trying to complete a deal this week.
  • glipperglipper Member Posts: 13
    thanks for the response.

1. E350- $55k

2. GL-$64,800
    Just leased a E350 sedan P1 package for 24 months at 12K per year. $633.50 per month with taxes included. Up front fees (bank fee, 1st month, tag tranfer fee, and motor vehicle regisytration for a year and 3 months) $17200. Another dealer wanted another $146 a month with slightly more up front fees. I live in Southeast Florida where finding deals on certain brands is often very challenging. My deal was done over in the internet, only went to the deaker to pick up the car and go over features.
  • roblawroblaw Member Posts: 17
    mlevine: Did you really pay $17,200.00 up front or was the decimal misplaced?
  • chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    Does anybody know the current 24 and 36 residuals and money factors for both diesel and gas E350s? I'm being told it's a 78% and .0023 on the diesel, and 72% and .0023 for the gas at 24 mos, but need the 36 mos. figures. Thanks
  • liberty2driveliberty2drive Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently shopping for a 2011 E350 Coupe in NJ.

Opening quote from a dealer:
    MSRP: 56,000
    Sale Price: $52,700 (@invoice)
    10K miles/yr 36-month lease
    Residual: 60%
    Money Factor: 0.0024
    Free service for 3 years

I can knock down the sale price further with a $1000 returning customer coupon. I'm trading in another MB car which was paid in cash when bought new. Do I still qualify for the $2000 loyalty program? May qualify for Fleet discount (how much?) but only a subsidiary of my company is listed (I work for parent company).

Assuming the final payment match what I put into a lease calculator and the dealer charge reasonable bank+doc+etc fees. Can I do much better that this? Reading some recent posts here it seems some people are getting a monthly payment (tax included) that implies a sale price much lower than invoice.

Can I get a much better deal? What am I missing here?
    My mistake, I paid !,720.00 up front. Included 1st month, bank/lease fee, DMV fees, and tranfer of tags. Florida DMV fees have gone up significantly since 9/2009.
    You may want to look into the 2 year lease as the money factor is the same, but residual value is probably 73% for 10K per year.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Not sure about the numbers, but I know there is a big difference between the E350 coupe and the sedan. I think much better deals are available for sedans. Make sure in reading about deals that you are comparing the same car.
    Assuming the same sale price I think the end result monthly payment for 24mo would be a little bit higher than 30mo. On top of that, I don't feel like paying for the doc+bank fees again in 2 years vs. 3. Still trying to figure out the lowest sale price. I don't know if the dealer can discount sale price more on 2-year lease. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
    jwilliams2,
    I bet you're right. There are not that many coupes in inventory but many sedans and the dealers are more willing to discount the 4drs to move them. On the other hand, I try to argue that few people will be buying coupes without 4matic in winter so they might as well give me a good deal to move inventory.
    I went with 24 month based on the most paying for 2 services on the car. I may be able to get away with only 1. Tires are not able to be rotated as sedan comes standard as sport models, front and back tires different. Hopefully will only need 1 set of tires. M Brace service is also covered for 2 years. (M Brace equivalent to On star) I also like having lease end in december, as lease deals appear to be better when replacing the returned car. This is the first time I have done a two year lease. Good luck with your lease. Always use the internet to get multiple dealer quotes. I believe you will find one hungry enough to make a deal.
    You're very welcome mlevine.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, glipper. OK, so you're looking at a 2011 E350 that has an MSRP of $57,000 and a selling price of $55,000 and 2011 GL450 that has an MSRP of $67,000 and a selling price of $64,800.

The E that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the $2,000 discount that you were quoted at around $2,000 over, which isn't terrible but there's still some room to work with there.

The GL probably has a spread of around $4,500 between its MSRP and invoice. Again we're talking about a little over $2,000 over invoice. There's some room there as well.

It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop or haggle a little more with this dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chalkie1. The numbers that you were quoted look about right. The money factors for a 36 month lease should be the same.

MB Financial's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2011 E350 Sedan is 58%. The number for the Diesel is 63%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rmarkusrmarkus Member Posts: 5
    I am about to do a 3 yr lease deal for a 2011 e350 cab. 12k a yr is not enough, but 15k is too much.

I read on MBFS site the following: Excess Mileage: Additional miles that are driven above and beyond the miles allowed in the lease agreement. There is currently a 0.25¢ charge that is assessed for each mile beyond the mileage allowance. At lease inception, additional mileage can be purchased at a reduced rate of 0.20¢ and rolled into your monthly payment.

http://www.mbfs.com/mbfsr/en/faqs/faqGlossaryOfTerms.do

This is what i would like to do... 4k miles extra at inception for 20 c per mile, rolled into lease deal...

But no dealer seems to be aware of this or able to execute it... Am I missing something?? Thanks
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Check your link under M: Mileage Options: The possible mileage choices the lessee can elect when leasing a Mercedes-Benz vehicle through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services - 7,500 / 10,000 / 12,000 / 15,000 (standard term) / 20,000 - of course, additional miles are available for purchase.

All MB leases are based off the standard term, which is 15K. So you can either choose one of the lesser mileage leases, or pay for more miles if you will be driving more than 15k.

And even if you could do a 10k lease and buy the extra 4k miles, it would probably cost you more than a 15k lease.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,691
    Assuming the MSRP of the vehicle is around $60K, then the cost to add the 9K miles in a 15K/yr lease is about $1200...

Adding 4K miles at $0.20/mile upfront, is $800...

Paying for 4K miles at $0.25/mile at lease end is $1000...

I'm as price-sensitive as they come...... but, on a $900/mo. (?) lease, you are only looking at $13-$15/mo. difference between the cheapest way (which they won't let you do), and the most expensive way (taking the 15K/yr lease).

Plus, if your driving habits change, you are covered for an extra 5K miles..

That's just my take on it...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. So the point is the glossary term quoted is only for a 15k lease? Why doesn't MBFS say it more clearly then?

I hear you re a 10K lease buying 4 k a year, but i was looking at buying a total of 4k over 3 years on a 12k a year lease (total 40k over 3 years)....

Thanks again.
    Thanks. Your comments makes sense (and I appreciate the feedback) and exactly what I have been going back and forth on, just wanted to make sure I was not missing something as it is written on MBFS (just what is written seems to be misleading as it is really not applicable, other than on a 15k, based on williams' comment). I have written to MBFS to ask... curious to what they say... at least they should correct what is on their site to be more precise. thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,691
    It's that way on prepaid miles, through most lease programs, I think...

You can take the standard mileage allowances (7.5K, 10K, 12K or 15K, as noted for Mercedes), then add prepaid miles, only if you are already taking the highest amount allowed (15K).

Of course, over-miles at the end is treated the same way, regardless of original allowance.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks again. I will let you know what MBFS replies. I have read several posts for non-MBZ vehicles stating that excess miles can be prepaid on not only the highest mileage leases, but have not seen this definitively for a MBZ.
    Thak for the feedback thus far... I appreciate your feedback on the deal I am looking at:
    e350 cabriolet, p2 package, metal paint, appearance package, wood trim
    in California (9.75% sales tax):
    msrp - $66,885
    cap cost - $61,265
    money factor - .002 (top tier credit I am told)
    36 month lease
    57% resid for 15k - $923/month inc tax
    59% resid for 12k - $885/month inc tax
    drive off (dmv+first month lease+bank fee) around $2500
    OK deal?? Thanks....
  • inna1inna1 Member Posts: 2
    What do you think about this deal: e350 coupe 2011 p1 package black on black , lease for 48 months, 7.5 K/year, 1,395 total drive off, 665/month including tax, California? Thank you
  • litlbullitlbul Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to get your opinion. Here's the latest lease offer I got on a 2011 E350 Sedan. Please let me know if I can do better. I'm in Southern CA

MSRP $55,585
    Selling price $49,768
    Residual buy out $40,021
    $2400 out of pocket
    $676 per month includes tax
    24 month term
    12,000 Miles

Thanks in advance
  • anilpunjabi1anilpunjabi1 Member Posts: 7
    Here is my lease on e350 4 matic with p2, parktronic, sport, chrome handles, spoiler, panaramic roof

MSRP 62510
    Sale: 55447
    Invoice: 58791

MF: .00242 (is this a good money factor)
    residual: 73%
    24 mo 10k/yr
    1769 due at signing (1st month, title, tag, registration, bank fee)
    678.74 inclusive of all taxes

contact me at lexusap@gmail.com to let me know if there is anything wrong with this lease....thanks
  • hammer3612hammer3612 Member Posts: 32
    My wife is looking to lease a 2011 E350 Sport Sedan. Black Obsidian paint and P1 package. Sticker price is $54,995. She wants to lease for 48 months and 12k a year. What is the residual and money factors for this term and finally what would be a great deal on the price?
  • kmedickmedic Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease a 2011 E350 Coupe, P2 package, fully loaded, MSRP $58,765.

My current lease on a 2008 C350 is coming to an end, and need to trade in. I actually have run out of miles, but have 10 more months to pay. MB is willing to eat 6 months and let me pay the rest, which is about $3000. They are offering me a $4875 "preferred customer discount" though, and so the total selling price of the new E350 Coupe would be $56,720.

For a 36 month lease, no money down, they tell me this comes out to $1,062 per month. They want me to give first payment, plus DMW, and taxes, which comes out to near $2,500 to drive away.

My feeling is that I can get a lot better than this. Can anybody help me out here? What number should I be countering with?

Thanks!
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    edited January 2011
    MB is willing to eat 6 months and let me pay the rest, which is about $3000. They are offering me a $4875 "preferred customer discount" though, and so the total selling price of the new E350 Coupe would be $56,720.

For a 36 month lease, no money down, they tell me this comes out to $1,062 per month. They want me to give first payment, plus DMW, and taxes, which comes out to near $2,500 to drive away.

MB is not doing any of these (eat 6 months etc.).. What happen is that you dealer is paying off your car on your behalf and take possesion of the car. They will try to sell the car as a used car. What end up is that you pay for the difference between what the dealer is willing to pay for the car and the termination value and roll into your new lease. That is why they are quoting you over $1000 per months while other reported 700+ per month. The best way to deal with that is separate the deal into trading in you car and leasing your car.. That way you know how much you pay for each part of the transaction (and can negotiate appropriately)... Just take you car to several Mercedes dealership and see what they are willing to pay for your car. If there is only one dealer near you, you are pretty much screwed and have to sell the car on your own (and go through the hassal of dealing with MB on how to transfer the title to the new owner etc.).. We did just that with our 08 Lexus Ls460. My wife call 7 dealers around our home and 4 response.. She took it to 2 dealers and done selling the car at the payoff amount in less than 1 day.. The difference between low offer and high offer is about $4000..So I would imagine it is the same situation with your car.. If you take it to the first and only dealer, you will get the low ball offer...Good luck.
  • kmedickmedic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to go around and look to sell my car. Besides, how do you sell a car that is currently in a lease (and one that has expired miles)?

In any case, I went back and got them to cut down the selling price from $55,715 down to $51,740 (net cap cost), which comes out to $889/month with 1st month's payment due at signing. I'm going to another dealer today to see if I can get it lowered even more. I'm thinking around $50K for this car would be a decent deal.

Car: 2011 E350 Coupe, black exterior & interior, P1 package, sports appearance package.
  • curemecureme Member Posts: 18
    I'm trying to buy the exact same car in Southern California on a 36 month lease, but have had no luck getting anywhere close to the deal you have with $2500 drive off and $885/month including tax. My credit is top tier as well and the best deal I've got so far is $3000 drive off and $1013/month inc tax.

Would you mind sharing the dealership you got this deal? I'm open to anywhere in CA. Thanks.
    Hi hammer3612. Mercedes' lease program on the E350 Sedan is not that great right now.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 E350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 54%, respectively.

As far as the selling price goes, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    not the best advise as most states will give you a tax credit on the trades value. So if the car is worth 30k, say tax rate is 8%, then you just got $2,400 without any hassles. The only thing id say to you is, shop around to get the lowest monthly payment and just pull the trigger.

Number1Leasing
  • ntreegingntreeging Member Posts: 3
    Just curious if this is a good deal.
    2011 E350W - P2 package plus sun room, split rear seats, leather, paladium silver

MSRP with $875 destination and delivery is
    $60710.00
    Price they are selling it for $51981.00
    Sales tax #3248.81
    Other fees (385.99) license, title, etc

51 month lease, due at signing first month's payment +license title - $981.00
    Residual $31569.00
    Payment - $699
    I don't have the money factor - but backing into it - it looks like it's about .00262 (I have top credit, returning customer, turning in other E350 3 months early)

Seems like they are not taking off the current $2k promotion - and seems like they are adding a small amount to the money factor. I'm in TX - and I believe they could use tax credits to get rid of that tax - which is what I'm pushing for. Thoughts?
  • zzzzzzzzzzzz Member Posts: 1
    ntreeging - What's the tax credit that dealers can use? Is it only for your state of TX? I'm in CA.
This discussion has been closed.