Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sunofny99sunofny99 Member Posts: 24
    My lease on my 2009 E350 is up and I'm leasing a new 2012 E350 4Matic Sport with P1 Package. I believe the MSRP is about 58,500. I have the loyalty discount and I have a fleet discount of $2,000.

12k for 33 months

Everything rolled into payment inc. Tax, bank fees etc.

Only first month and plates up front.

$595

what you guys think? Can I do better?
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    what about maintenance? see if your dealer will throw it in....or at least put it in the lease as a mercedes feature on the car (buy mercedes maintenance, not some other "better" policy. If it's treated as a feature, they you will only pay part of the msrp, just like you do on the whole car. It's a terrific deal many don't know about.

what is the negotiated price of the car....without the fleet discount and loyalty discount....They should give you a discount PLUS those items.
  • chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    MB is telling me they can only give me .00200 MF with maximum security deposits applied. My credit is impeccable. Are you certain of the exact figure for the best November MF (before security deposits are applied) for a blue tec, and what is it precisely?

Thanks
    I believe the base rate is .00225...and it sounds like your dealer is marking it up quite a bit to make as much profit as possible. Ask the dealer to show you the mercedes finance rate on his screen or in writing and make sure it is for Tier 1 credit (which is what you have if you have great credit).

The number they quoted would have you believe that the base rate is .0027 which would be 6.48%...and that's just crazy. A MF of .00225 is 5.4% and in today's world, even that is gouging...but reducing it with MSD's, your mf should be (if I'm right) .00155 or 3.72%.

what are they telling you the residual is on a 24 mo lease?
  • revrasrevras Member Posts: 63
    That sounds pretty good. Are they charging you an acquisition fee or is that rolled into the payment as well?
  • e350leasee350lease Member Posts: 11
    If you get this deal. You have won! I want to know what state you are in and what dealership you are using because I want this deal!
  • raizonraizon Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Hello everyone. I'm currently looking at leasing a 2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan but I have no experience with leasing so I'm here looking for some advice/help.

I went to the dealer in Bellevue, WA and they gave me the following information on the lease.

MSRP - $42,445.00
    Discount - $2,000.00
    Tax - $2,248.61
    License Fee - $250.00
    Service Fee - $150.00
    Selling price with Tax - $42609.61
    RV - 63%
    MF - 0.00142

Term - 30 months
    Miles - 10k/year
    Downpayment - $2,000.00
    Monthly w/ taxes - $557.86

Is this a good deal or I can do better? Seems like I'm reading about people getting E class for like $600/month which makes this deal look kinda bad?
  • seattlecruiserseattlecruiser Member Posts: 45
    They're way off. RV should be 68%. Tax is applied to your monthly payments, not to the selling price up front. At that selling price you should be in the low $500's with tax with no down payment other than first month's payment and fees. You can easily get it under $500 with tax if you make 10 security deposits (resulting in a MF of 0.00072).

Give Lynnwood a call, they don't play games and they'll probably give you a better price on the vehicle, too.
  • seattlecruiserseattlecruiser Member Posts: 45
    I think so too. My dealer, who has been very straight up with me on my last two leases, won't budge on this. Since it wouldn't be coming out of his pocket he really has no real reason to withhold it if it were possible.
  • raizonraizon Member Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for your help! I'll stop by the lynnwood dealer with your information in mind and see what kind of deal I get.
  • casimirmcasimirm Member Posts: 5
    I have a similar deal
    I got $595 for 36 months with 10,000 miles a year and scheduled maintenance included
    Have you gotten a better offer since?
    Still not sure how much lower I can get.
    Cash at closing is about $1,900 (1st month, bank doc fee, plates and misc,)
    Bank doc fee doesn't have to be paid up front.... Have you explored multiple security deposits? (not sure if they would give you a lower rate this month). Not legal in NY, but you can lease in NJ which is done quite often
  • casimirmcasimirm Member Posts: 5
    I mentioned the multiple security deposit and the salesmen said that MB does not offer them - only BMW does.
    Do you think that NJ MB does??
    Your salesman is unfortunately typical...he doesn't understand the mercedes lease so he guessed. No one offers them in NY State because of their laws, but if you lease in NJ then it's a standard part of the Mercedes lease and NYers do this all the time.

You might want to call that salesman and tell him that he should learn mercedes leasing instead of guessing and giving out incorrect information.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes I'm sure, chalkie1. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the Bluetec E-Class. That is MB Finance's standard money factor for Tier 1 customers.

Each additional security deposit lowers your vehicle's money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks much. Do you have any sense if the conquest money and lease MF's and residuals will hold for a January delivery.I'm probably gonna have order the car I want so I want to know what to expect. Thanks Again!!
    My deal is 595 for 30 mos, 12k miles a year.

only thing out of pocket is 595 (first month) + $100 (DMV) so total out of pocket is 695.

595 includes taxes bank fee acquisition fee etc.
    No one knows what will happen in January..... All you are going to get is, at best, a guess...and that won't help you a bit.
  • e350leasee350lease Member Posts: 11
    I will pay you to negotiate this deal for me! How are you getting this deal? I have offered 2 dealers this deal and neither can come close to this?
    I have the $2000 loyalty AND $2000 fleet discounts.
  • gocard1gocard1 Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2011
    Carman and Others --

Few questions for the experts as I go shopping over next week. Looking to lease a 2012 E 350 Convertible with a P1 Package for around 3 years (33 or 36 months).

1. What are November residual and promotional money factors for a 33 month and 36 month for 12k/yr and 10k/yr?

2. I understand many dealers will not use the promotional money factor if you are using MSDs. What is the Tier 1 money factor for the above leases for November if I want to use MSDs?

3. What should be my target negotiating price/percentage off of MSRP and invoice?

4. If I understand the MSDs, it is .0007 off the money factor for each MSD? With autopay, is it 0001 off of the money factor?

I live in So. Cal (LA area) if relevant.

Thanks so much!
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Gocard1,
    I don't have answers to all your questions, but the info I do know follows below.

Q1. Per Ride With G, the base rate MF for a 2012 E350 convertible = 0.00167
    Q4. For each security deposit, one receives 0.00007 reduction in MF. One can max at 10 security deposits (= 0.0007 MF reduction). Auto pay provides a 0.0001 MF reduction. Therefore, coupling the two, one can expect 0.0008 reduction in MF.

I would encourage you to talk to MB of Long Beach, specifically a sales person with initials G.O. He is quite transparent on pricing and should offer you MSD off of promotional rate. Feel free to tell him that the couple from San Diego who leased a Bluetech recommended you.

Cheers!
  • chabachaba Member Posts: 1
    Do you think the tire warranty is worth the asking price?
    Hard to answer on the tire warranty. If you drive where the roads are awful (manhattan/NYC) then yes. If you drive highways and on relatively good roads, then you have to guess how many unrepairable tire punctures you might have. 24 month lease...maybe one tire will need to be replaced...what's the cost vs the cost of the warranty. Probably better to self insure. Chances of bending a wheel??? I've never bent a wheel.

I don't take the warranty...but I know others do because one bent wheel and you've probably saved money.
  • gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    Got a quote on E350 Sport Sedan. MB money factor is .00145. I am being quoted a MF of .00173. When I asked salesman why I can't get MB standard MF he says the finance person who writes up the paperwork is on straight commission and this is how she gets paid. If they gave me the standard MB promo MF she would get nothing. I have never heard of this before. This salesman is swearing on his mother (who I don't know BTW) that this is the truth. I am calling BS. Can there be any truth to this? I am still ticked they are not giving me the promo MF but this reason just sounds creative. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
    why do you care what the reason is? Just tell them that you will pay the mercedes rate and the mercedes acquisition fee ($795) and if they don' t want to do it, find another dealer. It's your money....if they refuse, tell them that you're going to shop other dealers, let them know how to reach you if they change their mind, shake their hand(s) and walk out. It's their problem how they compensate the finance person, not yours.
    Thanks. Trying how much this "bonus" to finance dept is costing me. I just can't get my head around leasing. But here is the deal they have offered. I understand the extra cap reduction and will likely not pay that if we can agree on deal otherwise. The deal offered is:

2012  MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS E350W 4dr Sdn E350 P1 pkg., Sport plg., rear spoiler;

Payment Details

Term.    30 months
      Base Payment.               644.09
      Total Payment.              685.96
      Purchase Option.            36,800.25
      MSRP.                           56,385.00
      Est. Miles Per Year.       12,000
      Disposition Fee.               595.00
      Excess Mileage .             0.25

Amount Due at Signing
    1st Month Payment.        685.96
    Fees & Insurance.              1,117.20
    Upfront Taxes.                  119.83
    Cap Reduction (Cash).        1,077.01
    Total Inception Fees.          3,000.00

Inception Fees
    Cash as Drive Off.           3,000.00
    Total Credits.                  3,000.00

Remaining Due (Still Owed)

Total Cash Required on Delivery

Tax Information 
    State:  Florida      
    County:  Orange
    Rate.                      6.0000
    Cashdown Tax.       110.61   

County Discretionary Surtax
      9.22   /  0.5000
    Monthly Tax   41.87   6.5000   
       Capped

Upfront Fee Information
    License.                           98.75   
    Registration.              250.00   
    Doc Fee.                     699.95   
    Rental Surcharge.      60.00   
    Tire Fee.                     5.00   
    Battery Fee.                V1.50   
    MVWEA (Lemon Law).     2.00   
    edited November 2011
    It looks like your dealer is giving you about a $4800 discount on the car...so my guess is that you must qualify for some discount (leasing, previous mercedes finance customer, competive car owner/conquest). The real question for me would be how much is he selling me the car for without that extra discount.

I am not sure what the rental surcharge is in that up front payment...perhaps it's required in Florida. I would not pay the extra money as a down payment. If you paid the mercedes rate, it would drop your monthly payment by about $26 a month.

Finally, if you are going to lease, you might be able to residualize the mercedes basic maintanance. If the cost is $1500 and they add it as a feature, then you will only pay 35% of that cost....because it's treated like any other feature on the car. Some dealers do it this way and it's a great deal. Other dealers don't...they will charge you the full $1500 just paid monthly, in which case there is no reason to do it. My advice...play dumb. Ask them to calculate the lease both with and without maintenance...and then figure the difference in the monthly payments, multiply by 30 and see how much it's really costing you vs the MSRP of the maintenance. In my case I got $750 worth of maintenance for $250.

Now if you really want to save some money, get a bluetec instead of the gas e and you'll save about $75 a month. If you haven't driven one, give it a try...it's a terrific car. And with multiple security deposits, you'd be paying about $580/month...I'm also in florida and my 2011 bluetec is just a great car.
    No problem chalkie1. Unfortunately, it's difficult to say what Mercedes' January programs will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gocard1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00167 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I suppose that you would have to use Mercedes-Benz Financial's standard lease money factor if you want to make multiple security deposits. Its buy rate standard factor for Tier 1 customers is .00225. You can subtract .00007 from that for every additional deposit.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to to $1,000 (preferably at the lower end of that range) over invoice minus any available loyalty or conquest cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • jharkjhark Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I have a couple questions regarding leasing a 2012 E350.

It's a 4MATIC with Premium Package 2, and has Black Metallic paint. The total came out to 60k. (2012 model year)
    I want to lease the car for 36 months with no down payment.
    I opted for 12k miles.
    The tax in my county is 8.5%
    I am in the Tier 1 credit rating group.

(1) The dealer is offering $950/month, and am wondering if this is a good deal.

(2) Are there any additional services I can get from my dealer? Such as free maintenance for a year, free car washes, etc?

Everything but the license plate and title are included in the $950/month.

Thank you in advance.
    Assuming a reasonable $2000 discount off MSRP, mercedes finance's $795 acquisition fee, a $695 dealer admin fee.....and then applying Mercedes finance's tier 1 money factor this month for the 4-matic of .00146 with a residual of 59% after 36 months, your monthly payments including tax should be about $880...not $950.

The dealer is likely marking up the acquistion fee and/or marking up the money factor..or not giving you a reasonable discount on the car.

You might want to ask the dealer what discount he is giving you on the car; what money factor they are using; what is their dealer administrative fee; and what is the lease acquisition fee.....or of course, you could just offer them $880 a month including tax and see if they'll meet it.

Good luck.
  • gocard1gocard1 Member Posts: 31
    Looking at 2012 E 350 Cabriolet. MB Dealer said they do MSDs but only on standard money factor rate (in my case Tier 1) and not the promotional rate. They showed me it in their book.

The standard MF rate is .00225. If I do the MSDs, it drops it to .00155.
    The promo MF rate is .00167.

So, the benefit of doing MSDs is .00012. I've heard great encouragement for MSDs on this forum, but with this small a spread between the promo rate and the standard rate with MSDs, it strikes me as not worth it to tie up what will be around $7k-$8k in MSDs for 3 years (even though I get them back). Am I viewing this right. Do you agree?

Thanks!!!
    edited November 2011
    Is there any info on December incentives, MFs, residuals, etc. available for the E350 gas sedans? Trying to determine if I should do a deal this month or wait until December. Thanks for any info.
    When you know December numbers, the November numbers won't be available. It shouldn't come as a surprise that they don't publish the numbers to the dealers early because everyone would do what you want to do.

Take your best shot....
  • snooplivessnooplives Member Posts: 12
    Here's the deal I got. I'm in Long Island. E350 sedan with premium 1 and split folding rear seat. 2012 black.
    30 months
    12k miles a year
    First month, bank and tags - $1815
    Monthly pmt - $667
    Bank -795
    $338 plates doc tire tax
    Suffolk County - 8.625 tax
    $MSRP - $57785
    Paid - 52585
    Gave me winter incentive of $2k included in price paid.

The car is sick. I've always had Hondas (four). This is my first luxury car and I love driving it. Engine is noisy outside the car. Sounds weird but you can't hear it when you're driving. The car is comfortable and sneaky fast. Gts up to 90-100 and it feels like 60. Such a smooth ride and you can feel its strength. I'm hooked. Best car I've ever driven by far. It makes driving an experience.
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    Well congratulations on getting screwed HARDCORE!!! A P1 car is not worth $667 a month with taxes upfront... that's the price of the car TAXES IN THE PAYMENT! I just checked with my dealer who did my E class, with the same amount you did due at signing your payment should be in mid$500's
    $950??? are you out of your mind? Please don't tell me you took it?
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    Palladium silver, almond luxury Premium 1 with parktronic and 30 month maintenance. 10k per year, $616 per month--30 months--with $795 bank fee and first payment up front and mv fees and $75 dealer fee--total up front is $1577. the $616 includes 8.675% sales tax
    Nassau County, LI
    We are turning in our 09 E350 4matic and did the whole thing with a Costco program--very easy deal, I think we got loyalty, USAA??? and $750 costco discounts.
    Without maintenance package price would be $604--12k per year adds $20 per month.
    is the mspr $57.824? and this is a none 4 matic car correct? The lease price should stand at $599.00 if you have questions please reply.
  • chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    It is E350 4matic--MSRP is $59,155 not including maintenance which is $769. The maintenance adds $12 per month. It is a 30 month lease, 10k/yr From Rallye.
    E350W4--52990
    Premium package 1--3600
    Palladium silver--720
    Parktronic--970
    prepaid maintenance--769
    dest. and del--875

It's my wife's car-she loves it.
    Gexo...you don't know what discounts he has....if he has none, then it's not all that far off. Don't assume that everyone gets the conquest, usaa, .... discounts. Work out the numbers....
    $667 includes the taxes. I went to three dealers and a private leasing company and they were all quoting me close to $700 with more money out I pocket.
    edited November 2011
    Snooplives... Using the info you gave and mercedes 65% residual and mf of .00146....and that you paid the $795 bank fee and registration fees up front, I calculate that your lease should have been $632/mo plus tax = $686/mo.

I think you did fine....although I would have included mercedes maintenance in the lease and taken advantage of the 65% discount because it can be residualized just like any other feature on the car (unique to Mercedes, as far as I know).

Gexo...why do you think the deal was bad????
    Thanks GH - I was following your posts and car_man's posts quite closely as you guys seem very much in the know about this. I got screwed hard on my wife's honda odyssey lease a couple years back and never felt good about it. As I mentioned, this is the most expensive car I've ever been in and I thought I did a ton of research when it came to the MF, RV, MSRP vs. Dealer Price vs. Invoice, and all the incentives that came with it.

The first dealer I went into was MB of Massapequa and the salesmen told me it would be over $800. I walked right out. I'm an accountant (ashamed to admit that after getting hosed on the Honda) and once I had the brains to go and educate myself on leasing (primarily from you gh) I thought this ended up being a really great deal. I wasn't eligible for USAA, Conquest, Loyalty or any of the other incentives, but I thought the salesman at Lakeview was really honest, and even offered up the winter sales incentive of $2,000 to get me to the $52,875 purchase price, which based on this forum was a comparable and good price given the low inventory at dealers.
    Even on truecar.com, they said the price I was getting was a "Great Price".

This car actually took almost 3 weeks to get here from Germany to Long Island.

I probably should have got the maintenance, but I think it'll end up being about the same. I'll probably need the A & B service which I think is around $700 total, and I'll turn in the car a month or so early to get into another E350 or something slightly better.

I have to say it's so much fun to drive. I'm also obsessed with people hitting or scratching it. I drive to Brooklyn & Queens a lot and I'm super paranoid. I still have my old Honda Accord from a prior lease and it has 3,000 miles on it before I go over the limit so I'm taking that to the city as much as possible.

Thanks again for all the great advice on this forum. Anyone thinking about leasing a car needs to look here.
    glad I could help
  • oneskinnydaveoneskinnydave Member Posts: 5
    Looking at a pretty basic car - P1 package, split rear seats and rear spoiler.

MSRP is $58,605
    My price should be around $53,514 (about 2k below invoice)

Sales guy won't quit sit down with the finance guy yet (just corresponding over email)...but I'm trying to nail down what should be a good lease price. I know they have a decent "promotional" rate now (10k/30 months/$3500 cap reduction) - but those don't look like a good idea for me. I'd rather use MSD's to lower MF, pay my taxes up front, and I'm also looking for 15k/36 months. I live in Md - and have a 6% sales tax....anyone have a good idea what I should be looking at? I thought the RV was around 65%....and I saw earlier the MF is .00146 on a 4Matic...is that still true for December? And is that a standard MF, or a promotional MF?

Love this forum....it's been a great help!
  • carz2011carz2011 Member Posts: 4
    What is the "promotional" rate with a $3500 cap reduction you are referring to?

Thanks!
  • oneskinnydaveoneskinnydave Member Posts: 5
    Not sure what the exact rate is, but here are the details from the mbusa.com site:
    ================
    Advertised 30 months lease payment based on MSRP of $57,865 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $56,129. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge and Premium 1 Package. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $18,570. Cash due at signing includes $3,350 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $619. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $22,715. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 25,000 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $38,191 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown.
    ============

That seems like an ok deal, except the high cap reduction payment.
  • carz2011carz2011 Member Posts: 4
    Gotcha. I misread your post and thought you were referring to a promotion where the $3500 came from them through an incentive.

Does anyone know if the Winter Incentive is still going on for December (it's $1500 on the e350 right?)

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.