Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited December 2011
    The promotional interest rate is not linked to the down payment that is advertised. It is there only so they can show how low your monthly payment could be....because that's what uninformed leasees compare. Since you are reading here, you are now a much more informed potential leasee and you know that making a down payment is almost never a good idea.

However, while some dealers seem to allow MSD's against promotional MF's (and mercedes for some unknown reason accepts it), the mercedes policy is that MSD's can only reduce the normal interest rate...not the promotional interest rate. Last month, with the promotional interest rate at .00145 and the base rate being .00225, it didn't pay to do MSD's. I don't know this month's rates or residuals.
  • Options
    gator5000egator5000e Member Posts: 90
    OK, well I let November slip away due to some knee surgery, so I am now into December. If anyone could post what the December Promotions, Incentives, Rates & Residuals are that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    oneskinnydaveoneskinnydave Member Posts: 5
    I think the promotional MF is staying the same this month - the dealer is reluctant to give me that exact figure at this stage (and I can't seem to figure it out on my own with various lease formulas). If that's the case, and the residual is around 65% (36 month/15k lease) The vehicle with the following:

MSRP 58,605
    Final Price: $53,514
    MF .00145
    RV .65
    Tax 6%

Should I be looking at a payment of around $616/month?

I think they were saying around $650 (rough)...which would put the MF around .00185 (again that was rough)....or am I overlooking something? The dealer I'm working with now is part of the Euro Motor Cars group throughout Maryland/PA.

Thanks again for all the help, I love being 100% confident when going to talk with these guys...fun to here them stammer at my questions, not expecting anyone to know this kind of stuff!
  • Options
    Your dealer is pretty much right on. I calculate approx $657 a month. I am including $795 bank fee and $695 dealer administration fee in the calculations which you may not have included....no money down, just the first months payment plus registration fees out the door.
  • Options
    carz2011carz2011 Member Posts: 4
    Isn't a 65% RV high for 36 months and 15k miles?
  • Options
    whoops, you're right...I just used the residual he mentioned. Not sure what the residual is for 36 mos, so I can't calculate the lease.
  • Options
    oneskinnydaveoneskinnydave Member Posts: 5
    I think 65% is the RV...he said it only dropped by a percentage or so against the 30 month lease (66%). Should I be skeptical of a high RV from the dealer...I think short term that just gets me a better per month prices, but long term (end of lease) that negates me from having any positive equity, correct?
  • Options
    dkchipsdkchips Member Posts: 9
    Hi to all - I'm back after 4 years away from Mercedes - I've owned a 2006 Black E350 and a 2006 Dark Silver CL500. I really enjoyed both cars and put on 55,000 on the 06 E350 and about 15,000 on the CL500.

I went through some tough times but I'm back and 2 weeks ago I purchased a certified 2010 E350 sport with 21,000 miles for $38,900. It's a great car. I had gotten a great deal in late August on a 2011 E350 Sport - I was able to get $9,500 off MSRP on at a list of $57,345 but got tuned down by Mercedes Financial - I was not pleased but this 2010 E350 became available and I got a great finance rate with $15,000 down.

My wife has a 2010 Pearl Beige E350 sport - with P1, Distonic, Parktronic and leather - and in 2 months we're going to our local dealer and get the 2012 ML350 - I trust that Mercedes will still have the promo where they will allow up to 8 lease payments - as my wife's lease is up in 8 months.

But in any case - it's great to be back - and I've enjoyed reading this forum for the past 4 years.
  • Options
    shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hey guys,
    Nothing to do with a E350 deal but just thought I would tell you about a deal that is happening with BMW 7 series hybrid right now till jan 4th. Deal is crazy with all the incentives that BMW giving towards this car. Monthly payment around $600-$700 for 10k miles with nothing out of the pocket for a $100000 car. Only thing is you have to do european delivery to ge this deal. I got off 14% off for euro delivery, and $13500 in incentive credits. total nearly $30000 off of a 2012 model car. I thought this deal was better than the current e350 deal MB was offering. They have no lease support on a 2012 bluetec. I have a 2011 e350 bluetec which I bought 4 months ago.
  • Options
    vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    shawn757,

that is an incredible deal...i've been reading all about the 7 hybrid now. Its a ridic good deal. can you advice me on how to get the 14% off, for the euro delivery. I"m looking on bmw's website, it shows only a 7k savings for euro delivery. Can you provide more information. my email is v i n o d c at gmail.com (please remove the spaces.....didn't want spam). What dealership are you getting this from? Thanks in advance. this will end up cheaper than a e-class.
  • Options
    ferrisdferrisd Member Posts: 21
    Please whats the money factor and residual value for 2012 Mercedes CLS 4matic for lease 36-39 months? 15k miles/year
  • Options
    indus2indus2 Member Posts: 20
    Shawn757 - awesome deal on the bimmer... Would like more info, any way to get in touch with you? THX
  • Options
    shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Hi,
    See the links

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584523

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584974

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580103

And it seems that BMW made things even better for december

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585231

Gives you all the details regarding the deals. if you want to email me my email is

s h a w n m c 1 9 8 0 @hotmail.com

There is no spaces I just did it to prevent spam.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gocard1. I completely agree with you. I definitely would not put down eight grand in MSDs for a difference of only .00012 in the money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,
    would appreciate any insights on this - am talking to a dealer and will really help in the decision. Also, what are you hearing as a good price: Invoice + or - $$$?

thanks,
    Sam
  • Options
    snapdasnapda Member Posts: 11
    Sorry - to be clear, i am looking to lease - 30 or 36 months @ 15k miles annual rate.

Is single pay a good option - reduces the rate decently it looks like.
  • Options
    v70r_07v70r_07 Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    snapda,

A one pay lease is good option if you have the extra cash laying around and don't mind paying more upfront, especially on a 24 month lease. However, Mercedes has a generous early turn in program (as much as 8 months early) that you will not benefit from if you do the one pay option.

Things to keep in mind:

Top Tier Buy Money Factor .00162
    Base Acquistion Fee $795

Potential Incentives:

Loyalty $2,000
    Conquest $2,000
    Winter Event $2,000
    Fleet/USAA $2,000

I believe there is an unadvertised Winter Event incentive of $2,000 to be used in cases where a customer does not qualify for either Conquest or Loyalty. Basically, anyone can get a $2,000 rebate.

Conquest, Winter Event and Fleet/USAA are mutually exclusive.

However, Loyalty can be combined with either one.

I suggest looking into a 24 month lease as well. Residuals are in the high 60s to low 70s, and depending on discount, can be cheaper than the 36 or 30 month leases.

As far as discount, depending on competition in your area, I would look to a sellling price below invoice before the $2,000 incentive.

BMW and Mercedes-Benz are in a sales war for the top Luxury Brand Auto Sales for 2011 (The first year in like 12 years it will not be Lexus) and excellent deals can be had this month.
  • Options
    nkolenkole Member Posts: 18
    Car_man,

Would appreciate if you could post money factor and residual info for 2012 E350 Bluetech assuming a 24 month 10K miles per year lease

Thanks!
  • Options
    chalkie1chalkie1 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man:

I'm negotiating on a 2012 e350 bluetec/diesel. Please tell me the top tier money factor for the 24 month lease and all incentives available to me, given that I'm driving a BMW 528i I'd be trading in (ie, conquest money). Can I also get the Winter event incentive?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    chalkie1,

I believe the base rate money factor is .00225 and the 24 month residual is 75% for 15k miles per year.

You can not combine Winter Event, Conquest, or USAA/Fleet, they are mutually exclusive.

The only thing that is combinable with any of the above is loyalty (and the only way to qualify for loyalty is to have a current Mercedes-Benz Financial contract)

I would ask your dealer to see if there are any 2011 Blue-tecs out there, as the lease program is virtually the same, (or at least it was in November, they may have pulled support in December) but you get $4,000 Conquest instead of $2,000.
  • Options
    Forgot to add that the 36 month, 15k residual is 57%.

Base Rate Money Factor is .00162.
  • Options
    nkolenkole Member Posts: 18
    On the 2012 E350 Bluetech I've found the following numbers for a 24 month lease with 10K miles per year:

MF - .00230
    RV - 78%

The MF is higher than on the gas, but the RV is higher too.
  • Options
    storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    Loyalty incentives can not be combined with any other incentives...
  • Options
    Loyalty can not be combined with Winter Event or Conquest, but I thought I remember being told that you can combine it with Fleet/USAA?
  • Options
    coupeecoupee Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I'm currently looking to lease a 2012 E350 Coupe in Boston, MA.
    No experience with leasing whatsoever. And I still can't quite wrap my head around it after reading so many useful info you all have put up here. So your thoughts on my current offer would be greatly appreciated:

2012 E350 Coupe
    24 months @ 10,000 miles/year
    MSRP = $62,925 (P2, AMG, etc)
    Discounted price = $56,000
    2-yr maintenance = $619
    Tax rate = 6.25%
    Acquisition fee = $1,095
    Title + registration + doc fess = $590
    Residual = $44,480

All these amount to One-pay lease of = $20,650.

Is this a reasonable deal at all? Any things I should investigate further? Thank you so much in advance.
  • Options
    insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Not bad, you have about $2,200 left to play with in the selling price. The Acq. fee should be $795. Title and registration for for Mass is about $200 if that… so there doc fee which is pure profit is about $290. Looks like they gave you the .00075 reduction on the money factor for the 1 pay and the .00010 reduction for auto pay. You can definitely bring the payment down another $40 to $50 per month. Just let them know your aware of them marking up the Acq fee and that the doc fee is all profit. They may try a line like we have the cheapest doc fee in all of Mass… its still all profit.">
  • Options
    arturob2arturob2 Member Posts: 46
    hey car_man,
    do you know what the current money factor and residual is for an E350 sport, 10K and 12K with 30 or 36 months term?
    thank you!
    arturo
  • Options
    coupeecoupee Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot, insidecarbuy. Your comment is really helpful. I'll see what I can do further.
  • Options
    insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Money Factor is .00146 - .00010 reduction with auto pay.
    30 month term 10k = 66% with 12k = 65%
    36 month term 10k = 57% with 12k = 56%

Assuming sedan...
  • Options
    Hello nkole. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Bluetec with 10,000 miles per year are .00225 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi chalkie1. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

I believe that the conquest cash and the winter event cash can be combined, but I am not positive that is the case.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey arturob. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00145 and 56%.

The residual values for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sk2170sk2170 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone,

I got the lease deal for 2012 E350 4Matic with Package 1 from the VA dealer with sticker price $58,605.00

Lease options are
    10K limit
    36 Months
    $0 down payment

Monthly lease payment is $650.00

Is it a good deal?
  • Options
    Hi e350Lease,

Are you able to reduce the monthly lease? please let me know. I am also in this situation and not able to close the deal...
  • Options
    baobabs727baobabs727 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Here is the deal I negotiated. Wondering if it's any good.

2012 E350 Sport (P1, Split folding rear)

MSRP: $55805
    FINAL PRICE: $48700 (approx 13% off sticker)
    TERMS: 30 mos @15K mis/yr
    RESID: 64%
    MF: .00145
    TAX RATE: 3.2% or $1559
    FEES: $795 acq, $499 dealer
    TITLE/TAGS: $70

LEASE #1: 30 mos @ 15K mis/yr, with $725 down (1st mo, title/tags) with taxes and all fees rolled in (and no voluntary cap cost reduction) = $655/mo

LEASE #2: 30 mos @ 15K mis/yr, with $3480 total down
    (1st mo, all taxes/fees/title/tags) = $556/mo

Does this seem to be in the ballpark?

I'm not sure there is much else I can to do get it down. Oh, by the way, I asked the dealer to residualize the $769 maintenance package, but when they claimed that they did just that, the math worked out to $27 more per month. Which means they rolled it in and interest accrued. I asked again, and they said that it was, indeed, residualized. I can't seem to communicate to them that residualizing $769 would mean paying only %64 of it in toto, not full price plus interest! (I decided that I'm going to pay for it in cash before the car reaches 10K miles). Am I missing something??
  • Options
    emoryemory Member Posts: 4
    I need help in figuring out whether this deal I'm being offered is good (don't think that it is this) bad, or ok. I'm a current owner of another luxery brand considering the switch to an E550 coupe and this is what I am being offered

MSRP $67,685 (E550 Premium 2)
    Selling price $64,285
    2000 down
    MF .00265 (seems high to me)
    39 months $1050 per month

They are also making my last lease payment on my other car of $750 (that they say is not rolled in) and are giving me 3 years of service for free (again not rolled in).

Any hellp or advice is appreciated.
  • Options
    snvasnva Member Posts: 1
    I think its a good deal. I have been working with a dealer who states he is a friend of mine, and I am close to that deal but have not been able to get him to commit to that number. Where did you get the deal? In VA?
  • Options
    emoryemory Member Posts: 4
    In Texas. Good luck with your deal.
  • Options
    1_porsche_fan1_porsche_fan Member Posts: 10
    looks like lots of posts on e350 but I don't see much on e550. I'm thinking to lease 2012 E550 coupe with p2 + lane tracking + driver assistance. Can someone help what the MF, residual value, etc.. for 36 months 15k miles?

thank you
  • Options
    The key to getting the maintenance residualization benefit on a lease is to make sure that it's included as an option on the car so the MSRP goes up. If they add it in as just an up front cost that you have to pay over the life of the lease (like the origination fee), then there is no value to putting the maintenance on the lease. The reason you saw $27 a month is that they put it in on the wrong line...the sneaky little devils....
  • Options
    mssdivaesqmssdivaesq Member Posts: 6
    Mr car man, I'm in dc and currently have 14 months remaining on a lease for an e350, p1 package, sports wheels , etc. the dealership has offered me the option of terminating my lease early for a 2012 e350, 4matic, p1 package and other options for 60,305 including destination and delivery for the same lease price of 786.97/mth(includes 10% dc taxes) no money down, and a 3 year maintenance package. Is this a good deal? What are the current money factors for an e350 and the residual value? Thx
  • Options
    chea89chea89 Member Posts: 57
    I would wait. We just turned in our 09 E350 4matic with p1 with 7 payments remaining. Picked up a 2012 with p1, palladium silver, parktronic, maintenance with 12k/yr. for 30 months for $640 including 8.875% tax. Upfront was bank fee and first payment. Mercedes financial offered to pick up last 8 payments.
    Yes the car is better than the 09, quicker, roomier-many improvements.
    And we just went in with the deal from Costco--no negotiating.
  • Options
    Looks like the best deal you got it!. Can you please tell me the MSRP & Cap cost and Residual %/amount.
  • Options
    Hi mssdivaesq. Fourteen months is a lot of remaining payments. Last month Mercedes was waiving up to eight months on certain models for free, but even then you'd still have to eat four payments on your car to get something new this early. I personally would wait, unless you are able to cut your payment significantly from what you are paying right now.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Cap cost is $51677, gross cap cost is $54099 which includes sales/use taxes of $1652. and Star maintenance of $769. Residual is $38950 MSRP is $59155 from window sticker which does not include maintenance.
    Again--12k, 30 months--monthly payment is $640.
    Good luck
  • Options
    jslindjslind Member Posts: 1
    Chea,
    I am in So Cal as well and I am using your deal as a benchmark. How much was your "Costco" discount? I was offered a "Costco Discount" of $6,365 on an MSRP of $59,405. Seems like yours was more. In addition when I asked for the Loyalty discount I was told it was not available with the Costco deal. Looks like your residual was 66%. What was your MF? So far, on a 30 month/15K deal my MF is .00158 and res 61%, I am still about $100 a month off your deal...great job! Any help would be appreciated.
    JL
  • Options
    I'm not sure of the MF. I leased the car in Dec. with 12k/yr for 30 months. I think the 15k /yr would have added about $40/month with tax. I think I received $2k loyalty. Honestly, I leased the car with NO negotiation. The first price I got was $604 for 10k/yr--I added maintenance for $12/month, and upped the mileage to 12k/yr for $24/month=$640/month--with bank fee and first payment and plates at signing.
    Good luck
    Chea
  • Options
    corantrepcorantrep Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2012
    Hello to all,

Can anyone please tell me if this is a good deal or confirm MF and Residual for January 2012?

58,495 MSRP
    50,355 Sale Price
    8.625% Sales Tax
    33 Mos
    12 K
    .00148 MF
    63% Residual

$619/mo ($619/mo + plates due at signing-no other money down i.e.taxes, acquisition rolled into payment)

Thank you.
  • Options
    You might want to add mercedes basic maintenance to the lease.....if the dealer will include it as an option on the car vs something you have to pay in full over the life of the lease. Many of us have had it added this way and as a result, we only pay a small percent of the price for our maintenance during the lease. (on a feature, you only pay the difference between the 100% and the residual value...eg. if residual is 65%, you will only pay 35% of the maintenance fee plus some interest).

Give it a try....
  • Options
    mb2012mb2012 Member Posts: 1
    I think it is a good deal. Is it a 4 matic one with any option? You got good price in sale price and Residual value. Which dealer is it from the sales tax it is seems like from Nassau or Suffolk.
This discussion has been closed.