Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mercedesman3mercedesman3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

how does this lease sound to you for a 2013 E350 4matic sport with package 1 w/ maintenance:

24 Mo. at 12K miles
    Upfront $2,949 plus plates
    Monthly $675

Please advise.
    Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Marke. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz is not providing lease support on the 2012 model yet, so if you were to lease it you would have to use Mercedes-Benz financial's standard lease money factors and a 58% residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • markemarkeemarkemarkee Member Posts: 13
    Hello Car_man, thanks so much for the information. I assume that you meant 2013 model has no lease support at this time? Also what are the standard money factors for Aug for Tier 1?

Thanks in advance.
    Marke
  • nyc_engnyc_eng Member Posts: 7
    Lease quote:
    36mo, 12k/yr

2013 E350 Coupe
    $1500 off MSRP
    Residual - 60%
    MF - 0.00295 (7.04%)

On a 2013 I should be around 60% & 0.0021 for top tier??

The 0.0021 is horrible but the 7.04% is a slap in the face considering previous business.
  • hshadidhshadid Member Posts: 10
    Hello dl amg, is this 2013 E350 lease for $535/ mo. still available and if so are you at liberty to say where? Thanks
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    Not sure, cause I think they had given me a deal that was really low...none of the dealer think I'm joking.
    I got my 2013 E350 at Calabasas MB. If you don't mind 2012, you can check with Long Beach on 2012 which they have plenty of them (10+ last wk). Most of them are in $56~58k MSRP range and you can get the car at $1k drive off and $499/mo. incl. tax. I used this deal to get my 2013 deal and I guess Calabasas was really want to earn my business.
    One reason I think Calabasas might not honor the same deal because I had deal cut out on Tuesday (the paid price) and ask to response next day. I emailed the sale the same night I will pick up the car next day with the price we agreed on and he agreed but will not be in next day. When I show up the next day, another sales and different sales mgr...when they saw my number both had the mouth drop and try to figure out how those number come about on a 2013. Not to mention my deal incl. 2 yrs service contract...the finance mgr was totally eye drop when he see the deal and took away his profit try to sell us some protection contracts.
    Either way, you can try them out.
    If you decide to go Long Beach, contact its Internet Sales Mgr. Too bad didn't get car from him but seems very easy to work thru the phone and quotes.
    Thanks so much! It seems pretty good!
    Hi again, Any chance you can confirm three things on your car?
    the model year, bluetec vs gas and RWD vs 4 matic
    Thanks so much
  • mojo32mojo32 Member Posts: 3
    2012 E350 SPORT WITH MSRP OF 59,325. FIRST MONTH, SALES TAX AND BANK FEE UPFRONT ( TOTAL OF 3235) AND 688/MO FOR 24 MONTHS INCLUDING 20K MILES A YEAR
    Does NY PAY HIGHER BANK FEE OF 1095 OR ARE DEALERS AROUND HERE, UPCHARGING THAT NUMBER?
    THANKS
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Mercedes charges $795 so yes, your dealer is marking up the cost.

If I add up your first month's payment, and bank fee, that's $1783. Why are you paying $3235 up front?
  • dylananddylanand Member Posts: 1
    So just reading this, it looks like the following...

E350 BlueTec's 24 Mo / 12 yr MF is .00130 (with MSD / Autopay) and Residual of 78%

are the other Residuals on the E350's...

E350 Gas?
    E350 4Matic?
    Hi again, Any chance you can confirm three things on your car?
    the model year, bluetec vs gas and RWD vs 4 matic
    Thanks so much!
  • lj4228lj4228 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Here's what I am looking at...

2012 E350 Sport
    P2 Package
    Wheel Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Split Folding Rear
    Lane Tracking

MSRP: 60,885
    Selling Price: 54,385
    Residual: 70% (42,619.50)
    Money Factor: .00172 (4.13%) going to autopay to lower to .00162 (3.89%)
    Dealer Fees: 599
    Lease Acquisition Fee: 1,095
    Tax Rate: 7%

2yr/10k miles per year

I was quoted $677/month (taxes already included). 1st months payment and $500 down.

What do you think?
    2013 E350 RWD-Gas Luxury Pkg - P1, Parktronic, Lane Tracking, Keyless-go, Walnut steering wheel, rear split seats, comfort box. - MSRP $59,695 + 2 years service plan.

By looking at my lease doc, item #6c-adjust captial cost = $50826.13. This number is with all the fee build in. Base Pmt (b4 tax) = $492.67

Hope this help.
  • mojo32mojo32 Member Posts: 3
    that is for the sales tax of$ 1492, which all comes to 3235 with the bf and first month
  • zak1964zak1964 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a 36 month lease (or thereabouts) on the above vehicle. Any recommendations on what I should expect for residuals and money factor would be appreciated before I negotiate with the dealer (located in North Chicago Suburbs).

Many thanks for your input.
  • kinners1kinners1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm beginning negotiations on a 2012 E350 wagon with a MSRP of 68,500. The car has been used by the dealer and has 7800 miles on it. What is the best deal I can expect if I pay cash?
    You're welcome Marke. You're absolutely right, that second statement should have read 2013 model. I haven't seem MB Finance's standard rates in a little while, but they should be around .00200 or so for top tier customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • magicc316magicc316 Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking about leasing a new 2013 e550 coupe with p2, apperance package, rear spoiler, chrome handles, lane tracking, MSRP 66715...they told me price 63500 MF .00225 residual 55% so payments of $1173 per month for 10k per year 36 month lease. is this a decent deal or do i need to look else where??
  • mmrfk03mmrfk03 Member Posts: 1
    Folks -

Thank you all for making this thread a very valuable source of info for lease & purchase. Thanks to your posts, I went through an almost painless and straight forward process and took home a 2012 E-350 about a week ago from Lokey Mercedes in Clearwater, FL.

Black/Cashmere leather/P2.....
    MSRP - $62,375
    Purchase price - $52,700 (~16% discount off MSRP)
    Term/miles: 24/12k
    MF: special buyrate .00127 less autopay (.00010) = .00117.
    Prepaid maintenance: $715 (residualized!)
    LAF: $1095
    DF: $699

Above all, a deal we're happy about! Couldn't get the 10 MSD's discount as I was told it could not be combined with special MF per MBFS rules.

Everything was done via email & a few phone calls and started with a quote inquiry from edmunds.com. Many credits to Miguel, he made the whole process a breeze. If you're shopping and don't mind sourcing from the Tampa Bay area, I recommend this place. May still have a few 2012's and but surely plenty of 2013's

Cheers!
  • annu6annu6 Member Posts: 10
    You can check 2013 August lease rates at http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2012/08/2013-mercedes-benz-lease-rates-august- -2012/

It does not have E550 rates but should still provide you a guess-estimate. Btw, I am not affiliated with this site and found it on mbworld.org.
    Hello mmrfk03, thanks for sharing and this is great information. What is your monthly payment (with and w/o taxes) ?
  • lotterywinnerlotterywinner Member Posts: 7
    This is the initial quote I received. I don't know what to ask for next or if this is a good deal:

2012 E350 convertible Black on Black Leather equipped with Premium One Package, rear spoiler, wood trim package, appearance package and a black soft top.

MSRP 65,265
    Initial cap cost 60,000 (selling price 59,500 + 500 transportation)
    LEV 37,855 (LEV % is 58% x the MSRP)
    Money Factor .00160
    Act. Fee 795
    Dealer fee 399
    Title/lien fee 17

36 mth/12k per year

No money down. First month lease payment due at signing: $799/month + tax (Omaha, Nebraska)

Am I on the right track?
    Update...

Same terms but I negotiated the $799/mth to include the P2 pkg instead of the P1 (I wanted upgraded lights and keyless entry!)

Any thoughts? ANYBODY?
  • steffenreichsteffenreich Member Posts: 2
    E350 4Matic

Obsidian Black Metallic - $720

Sport Package

AMG Wheel Package $760

Premium 2 Package $6,450

Rear Spoiler $300

Heated steering wheel $490

Rear-seat entertainment system $1,910

4MATIC Package $2,500

Total Cost - $65,035

24 month lease
    12,000 miles/year

$765 all in with taxes first $1,000 down.

Any thoughts?
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Lotterywinner,
    Please remember that a lease is based on only three variables: Negotiated sales price; Residual Value (RV); and Money Factor (MF).

RV is a fixed percentage set by the MBFS. There is a base rate MF that is suggested by MBFS as well but dealers have the latitude to mark it up as another source of profit. Both RV and MF are based on your model, lease term, and mileage per year.

The calculations would be as follows,
    Monthly Depreciation = (Cap Cost - (RV*MSRP))/Lease Term
    Monthly Interest Charges = (Cap Cost + RV*MSRP)*MF
    Monthly Lease (pre tax) = Monthly Depreciation + Monthly Interest Charges
    *N.B.: Cap Cost assumes Negotiated Sales Price + Acquisition fee only (i.e., no cap cost reduction or $0 down)

Assuming that the MF (.00160) that you were quoted is base rate and RV is accurate, I calculate then the monthly pre-tax is ~$772.

My unsolicited advice on reducing the monthly payment follows below,
    - Don't do cap cost reduction (i.e., make $0) down
    - Negotiate the sales price further and ensure that you are getting any incentives such as Conquest, etc.
    - Consider Multiple Sec Deposits (MSD) to reduce the MF. However, if the MF offered is promotional, MBFS may require you to use a higher MF off of which to assess MSD.

Cheers!
    Hi lotterywinner. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $4,500 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus Mercedes dealers are being given $1,500 CAP certificates that can be used on it, giving you a total of around $6,000 to play with if you can convince the dealer to use one on your deal. That puts the deal that you were offered at around $700 over invoice, which is a very good deal...particularly in Lincoln Nebraska where there likely isn't much competition.

The money factor that you were quoted looks great, too. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for your help!

I did not qualify for Conquest but can you please explain exactly what I should say concerning "Don't do cap cost reduction (i.e., make $0) down ". What do I ask for? (it's emailed negotiations)

Also one last question. I know this goes against all the lease GODS lol but I was considering asking them what the payments will be for a 4 year lease to get my payments a little lower. I know it's not good economical sense but what are your thoughts?
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Lotterywinner,

I'm assuming that you are putting $0 down. i.e., you will only pay your first month's payment and any valid fees (DMV registration, etc.) at lease inception/signing. I try to never put any money down or minimize the downpayment because if the car is totalled, I will never see that money again. Additionally, all that matters is the total money that you expend over the lease term. You can do the calculations, and often you will find that even if you reduce the monthly payment by making a downpayment, the total money in under that scenario exceeds the total money in if you made a higher monthly with no down.

I would only consider a 2 or 3 year lease for several reasons. First, the RV is considerably better for 2-3 year leases as the car will depreciate substantiatlly at 4 years (increasing your payment). Second, MBFS often offers current leasees the ability to waive their last 4-8 payments if they move into another MB's vehicle. Third, the interest rate on a 4 year lease is ~3.8% (=.0016 MF). You could simply purchase the car and finance the purchase at a lower interest rate and subsequently sell the car in ~3-4 years.

Cheers!
    That is correct I am putting no money down and OK I will stick with the 3 year lease. Thanks again!
  • jtkellerjtkeller Member Posts: 1
    steffenreich - I'd be interested to know what dealer you are getting this quote from? MBFS? I've been quoted ~$880 for a E350 with MSRP of $59k for a 12k/36 month lease, first payment due up front. MF .0021.

Your deal sounds much better...
  • mbslsamgmbslsamg Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you or anyone review the following deal:

2013 E350 Sport 4Matic with premium metallic color Steel Gray, P1 Package, Prepay Service Option for MSRP $59,894 with a net cap cost of $51,794 (reduced by $8,200).

24 month lease 12,000 miles/year = $560/month (incl. taxes 7% NJ) with $1,900 (incl. first payment, acq, reg and doc fees)

39 month lease 12,000 miles/year = $620/month (incl. taxes 7% NJ) with $1,960 (incl. first payment, acq, reg and doc fees)

Can the above deal get any better than this? Thank you for your responses.
  • annu6annu6 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    mbslsamg - May I know which dealership is this? Is this with any USAA, mbca discounts? Thanks!
    Hi mbslsamg. An $8,000 discount on this car is huge. If you can get anywhere near that, plus the use of Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor of .00148 (top credit tier), snatch it up instantly.

Car_man
    Host
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    wow! I'd like to know more too. I can't find anything close to that in NJ. I'm not USAA (which is really starting to pmo)....but ... the 24month is less than the 39 mth??
    Hi everyone, has anyone negotiated a good lease deal on a 2013 E350 sedan this month with the $2K conquest cash or the $2500 USAA rebate? If so, can you share the details here.

Thanks
    MarkeMarkee
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    I just got this deal on a 2013 E350 4-matic with metallic paint, P1 and Sport Package - no maintanance. It included the conquest program

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying WD Deal ID: 106587
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS E350W4 4dr Sdn E350 Sport 4MATIC w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 24
    Base Payment 506.78
    Total Payment 506.78
    Purchase Option 42,217.50
    MSRP 59,250.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 595.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 506.78
    Acquisition Fee 795.00
    Fees & Insurance 222.50
    Upfront Taxes 961.16
    Total Inception Fees 2,485.44

Total Cash Required on Delivery 2,485.44

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 64.16 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 897.00 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 125.00 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Other 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • bass_fisherbass_fisher Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    It seem like a really good deal. Does the monthly payment $506.78 include tax? I am surprised the Mercedes Benz is offering deep discount already for the 2013 model.
    Hello Insidecarbuy, thanks for sharing.

What was the agreed to price of car? Also, are you at liberty to disclose the name of dealer? Also what about money factor?

Thanks
    Markemarkee
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    It looks like about $7000 off MSRP...That's a great price this early in the 2013's. Is this using a buying service (inside car buyer)?
  • mbslsamgmbslsamg Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your advise Car_man. I picked up the car last week.
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    Hi your residual seems pretty high for 12k a year at 71%? I got a quote from dealer (NY/NJ) for 7500mls per year with the same residual. Can anyone confirm the residual for September? Thanks.
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    Hi, with 59k sticker and 42k RV, 0.00148 MF, and 500 monthly payment you are getting $9000 off sticker with sell price around 50k?
    edited September 2012
    Nice deal, very close to what I got for my 2013 E350W Luxury Pkg w/P1, Parktronic, LaneTracking pkg, split rear seat, keyless Go, wood/leather Steering wheel and comfort box. @MSRP 59,695.00 back in mid-August.

My deal:
    - 24 mo. / 24000 miles
    - Include 2 year service contract (Service A & B)
    - $1000 total drive off (at signing incl. 1st mo.)
    - $535.78/mo. including $43.11 local tax, for remaining 23 months. Auto pay.
    - $595 turn-in fee when turn in (no charge if lease another MB).
    You're very welcome mbslsamg. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • wstokewstoke Member Posts: 3
    Dl amg,
    Can you disclose where I can get this deal?
  • variable229variable229 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    My lease was done at for 2013 E350 Sport Sedan at a large SoCal Orange County dealer

White/Black, Parktronic, Pano Roof, Active Seats, Rear Entertainment, Door Sills, Rear Spoiler, P2 Package, AMG Wheel Package, Sport Package, Lane Tracking

MSRP $65,695
    CAP $57,622 ($8k off sticker)
    72% Residual, 24mo ~ 10k/year ~ 0.25/mile
    $556 + Tax = $599/mo
    $895 lease acquisition fee + First Month + TTL = $2k Drive Off
    $3k MSD + Autopay = Money Factor of 0.00120
    If u in SoCal, try Long Beach Internet mgr or Calabasas (where I got mine). Check with my old post for why go LB.

Based on lease paper, I think I got almost $10k off from MSRP. Dealer applied loyalty rebate 2k, employee discount 2k on 2013, auto pay and extra dealer incentive (towered drive off coz I only put 1k but on lease doc it shows I put $3500 down?!)
  • wstokewstoke Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. I am in RI. Great skills!
This discussion has been closed.