Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mbgrlmbgrl Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 2013 E350 too. Which dealership & salesman did you use?
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Member Posts: 80
    Looks like the 24 month 10k miles lease is pretty attractive, can someone post up the residual and money factors for the wagon with 10k and 12k miles? I am wondering if the wagons have attractive leasing as well.
  • shappyshappy Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Turned in my 2011 e350 at NYC dealership and got into a 2013 e350 4matic Msrp 59905 non metallic paint P1 spoiler Amg rims rear folding seats 24 month lease 12k miles per year one time pay 12k that's 500 a month. I bluffed a lot and told them I had a deal for 12,300 which in reality I had 12,800. They matched 12,300 and after further negotiating I got 12k. I know I got great deal. Also with a promotion from Mercedes Benz financial I am getting a refund on my last payment on my 2011 which I turned in at the 23 month mark. I can post my residual value on new one my negotiated price was I believe over 8k off Msrp I have all info. Bottom line it breaks down to 500.00 a month 12k miles per year but at this price i had to pre pay lease and is called mercedes one pay so i pre paid entire lease of 12k dollars. I also got winter mats thrown in. I was pushing for 12300 to include 2 year maintenance they said couldn't do but lowered to 12150.00 without maintenance I pushed and got 12000 no maintenance told me best they would do is 12450 with maintenance . I figure 1 oil change at 12k mark is only maintenance car will need. I know first is due at 10k I will hold off lol.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    This deal was a little bit of a struggle but I got it done for a friend of mine who was about to lease a new 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation instead. Only $9 more per month with the same out of pock for a Benz double the price.

24 months / 12,000 miles per year
    $635.52 total out of pock (1st month and DMV)
    $442.02 per month with auto pay

See the details below...

Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:22:59 AM

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying LLC WD Deal ID: 798
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS E350W4 4dr Sdn E350 Sport 4MATIC w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 24
    Base Payment 442.02
    Total Payment 442.02
    Purchase Option 42,682.55
    MSRP 59,905.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 595.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 442.02
    Fees & Insurance 193.50
    Total Inception Fees 635.52

Total Cash Required on Delivery 635.52

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 5.53 7.3750 Capped
    Upfront Tax 780.85 7.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 96.00 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
    Hey Shappy -
    I just realized we got the same car but I did a regular lease instead of a 1 payment and my total amount I'll paid for the whole lease will be $10,801.98.

That's like $1,200 cheaper and I got this car from Manhattan too. You should go back there and tell them you want more off... I dealt with Mike at the store on the Westside.
    Insidecarbuy.

I agree we got same car and although I loved my deal yours is 100 percent sweeter although I didn't do to shabby I leased at a queens dealership and took delivery yesterday and cant or wont renegotiate my deal just wondering I see you are in the business and might do a lot of business with dealership do you think regular consumer not in the business could have gotten that deal you got. Bottom line I 100 percent believe you got that deal but I 100 question whether someone not in the business could have gotten that deal.
  • whompwhomp Member Posts: 5
    on a single pay lease, what happens if you total the car after 2 or 3 months? Do you lose everything you put into it?
    No gap insurance covers that stolen or totaled u get refunded per paid months
  • ariazariaz Member Posts: 77
    Is the tax and bank fee included in the $442.02 payment or was paid upfront?
  • commanderdcommanderd Member Posts: 4
    Gents--I am confused as to how you all are getting such favorable terms on leases. I seek an E-Class Coupe in the Las Vegas area and this is what I am being given:

2013 E350 Coupe: 36 month lease. Advertised lease rate based on MSRP of $55,425 and a gross capitalized cost of $53,788. Includes destination charge. Cash due at signing includes $2,750 capitalized cost reduction, $995 acquisition fee, and first month's lease payment of $629. Total due at signing = $4,374 Residual value at lease end: $33,255.

How can improve on this? I understand that there are ABA and Winter Certificate Discounts. Can anyone possibly provide a sample fee breakdown that I can take to the dealer? I am a neophyte and just finished a year in So. Afghanistan and can't wait to get home and get my benz..makes the dangerous contractor gig worth it. Thanks.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    People are getting tremendous discounts off MSRP. Scroll back, some people are getting 10k off.
    Commanderd

Favorable Lease on E Coupes are not as good as their Bread and Butter E Sedans as you post states you are only getting 1637 Dollars off of Msrp on an E Sedan I got 8k off of Msrp. I also leased for 24 months Residual value is higher because car has more value going back as a 2 year old vehicle rather than a 3 year old vehicle. I would never pay any type of Capitalized cost reduction that is paying money upfront to lower your monthly payment. (Sucker Move). I would inquire Mercedes one pay which could save you 2000-2500 over cost of lease thats pre paying the lease in full. Coupes and Cabs never are heavily discounted Supply and Demand. Further their is a face lift on the 2014 E350 so they are running GREAT Programs on 2013 s. On a side note buddy got over 7k off Msrp on a 2013 GL truck and this truck is a new body style but a huge gas guzzler. Consider a E Sedan u can cut a great deal only problem most dealers inventories are very scarce for a variety of reasons.
    What I meant to say is capital cost reduction is putting money down upfront that lowers the Msrp of the vehicle and than they use the new lowered Msrp to calculate your lease. It's really awful maybe someone could explain better.
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Member Posts: 24
    I called about the ABA $4000 incentive too, and was told that it cannot be combined with the winter sales event $4000 coupon. MB corporate says otherwise, but the dealer will not combine the two. Let me know if you hear different and what dealer will honor both incentives combined. Thanks.
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    There are huge discounts to be had on the E, or at least with the sedan. FWIW, I leased a 2013 E350 BlueTEC in December. Discount was 17% off MSRP, the residual on it was 74%... do the math and that's just 9% depreciation over 2 years and 20,000 miles of driving. Did maximum MSDs and auto-pay for a .0008 money factor. The result is less than what most pay to lease a Honda Accord EX.

The E Coupe is nice, but if you want a steal, go for the diesel sedan. Highest residual of any Mercedes.
  • radarsystemsradarsystems Member Posts: 2
    smartfanatics - can you tell me the dealer and salesman. I'm looking for roughly the same and trying to save some energy in the search process. Thx
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    missed he was asking for coupes. My bad.
  • smartfanaticssmartfanatics Member Posts: 14
    Radarsystems,
    How do I contact you?
  • radarsystemsradarsystems Member Posts: 2
    smartfanatics - doesn't appear there is a PM function on here and I don't want to publish my email address to the forum. Perhaps you could just publish the dealer, city and state and first name only of the salesperson. This seems to fit the rules of the forum. Thanks for taking the time to reply and help out. Cheers
    Everyone seems to be getting nice deals on the sedan, but what is the actual residual and money factors and selling prices? Also, does anyone know what the residuals and money factors are for the wagons? Are the same as the sedan?
    You can email me at my username at gmail. Thanks
    Which dealership did you get the car from? East coast or west coast?
  • toughoncarstoughoncars Member Posts: 6
    My dealership can't come within a mile of these deals. After walking away multiple times the best they can do is about $22k on a one pay or ~790/mo, this is on an E350 4matic msrp $61k over 30 months, negotiated cost about $53k. 24 months actually cost more than 30. Salesman assures me that the stuff I read on the internet is not real.

I'm getting the right ballpark money off MSRP but no traction on the lease. I am in Indiana, need a dealership within 200 miles of Chicago. It is a small dealership. Do these deals only exist in New York? Would a bigger dealership play ball?
    Your salesperson is giving you BS. On this car you should be close to $500 / month.
    Try other dealerships.how far are you from MI?
  • doubleoo6doubleoo6 Member Posts: 52
    Dear Toughoncars,

Sounds like this dealer wants your first born & your second born.....1st of all don't show him these blogs so he doesn't put malarkey details on it and yes these are really purchasers chatting with you. Sales guy sounds like a bully....don't listen to him/her, walk away from this lying greedy sales person. I bet he wears a cheesy gold bracelet/gold chain as well :)

unless he is talking of the 2014 new redesigned, but for 2013 E3504Matic sedan price is a lot more attractive.....

I got my new ride for $540 a month MSRP: $61 with 2 Year maintenance
    OUT OF POCKET: 1st payment + registration which is TOTAL of: ($540+registration)$760

Hope this helps!

- Double006
    Guys - I genuinely don't think it's just BS from the sales guy. He has worked with me for days and they know I'm not going to buy anything at those numbers. He called me today with a tiny reduction and I said no way and he just said fair enough.

We're S of Chicago, MI is too far (might be able to make it to New Buffalo or something but no way Detroit, and not such a fun drive this time of year). Most places in IL are doable, St. Louis is OK, Indy is fine.

I would be interested the diesel but those seem to be rare as hens teeth round here. Probably the RWD. 95% of Mercs are 4Matics in the north Midwest and the 2wd sedans sit around forever on the lot. Is it possible the good deals are only on 2wd models?
    doubleoo6: are you in the Midwest?

Yes it is indeed a 2013 E350 4Matic, is that what you got $540 a month with maintenance and 0 down on?
    Well on a 24 month lease, if he is using 70% residual like he should be, there is no way he cannot get these numbers. Math doesn't lie but salesman do. Just plug it into a lease calculator anywhere on the internet and see what comes out...around 500 a month. Ask time what residual and money factor he is using and you will know if he is playing games. If you do not know that information, they can tell you anything they want.
    Actually, when I plug the numbers here in (.00150 MF, 70% residual) with the MSRP of $61k, $8k discount over 14 months, it comes out $660 a month, which is better than he quoted me but still a long way shy of $500. He was quoting for 15k miles which is probably why it was $790. They would need to give me $12k off list to get to $500 a month on a 10k, which would presumably bring 15k down around $600. Is this achievable? People here seem to be looking at no more than 8-10k max, and as I said it's a smaller dealership so probably they paid more for the car in the first place.
  • webgoobwebgoob Member Posts: 4
    toughoncars,

Do not let this or any other dealer tell you otherwise. The deals real. I posted my numbers a few posts back as have others. These are real deals closed on and not hypothetical. I am in the east coast as are some of the other posters and while that can sometimes determine how much they want to move off MSRP, the other numbers are dictated from MB USA.

a couple of points to find out from your dealer.

- Base Money factor is .00121. If you are being charged more than this, then the dealer is marking this up. You can further lower the MF to .00111 of you enroll in autopay.

- 24 month lease residual for 10k miles =72% 12K=71% not sure about 15K miles

You should be able to get between 8-10K off sticker on a 61K car which sounds like a 4matic with Prem1 and one or two other nominal options. I have heard they are a bit more stingy on Premium2 option cars but really that is probably a moot point.

If you add this all up, the numbers do not lie no matter how you slice it or what the dealer is telling you. The only way your numbers are that high are if he is selling the car to you at or around MSRP.

If you need more info you can email me at my username at gmail.

Good luck!
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2013
    Have the dealer show you the Math Indiana guy. Assuming 6.5% tax rate.....53K net cap for a 61K MSRP is pretty damn good off MSRP. For 12K miles a year, the residual is 71% and MF is .00121. Payment should be roughly 555 for 24 months

Sales guy telling you the 30 month is cheaper than the 24 is also not accurate with the current rates. Dealer is definitely messing around with bogus residuals and money factors.

Others saying 500 is what you should be paying are wrong as well unless you can get more than 9000 off MSRP which is damn near impossible in 99% of markets
    Hello,

This is his latest offer:

HelloXXXX the MSRP is $57,865 and lease is based on discounted price of $53,365 which is a $4500 off MSRP including your ABA discount. your total drive offs includes your first payment of $670 plus tax, doc fee of $495 and title fee of $28.25 and your down payment of $1121.22. 35 remaining payments of $670 plus tax. 12K miles per year. This is what Tom told you yesterday. The MSRP of the other car was $56k but that car sold.

What can I do to get this more in line with what you all are getting? Thanks.
    Thanks guys.

$53k was not net cap, just the MSRP minus discount before taxes, fees, etc. Still, sounded like a good deal. I think they said $4k under invoice.

Not totally familiar with P1 vs P2 but I think the car is P1 plus walnut trim, panoramic roof and a couple other nice extras. P2 as I understand includes LED / Xenon lights which I don't remember being on it.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    To Toughoncars:

Please RUN AWAY from that dealership, don't even bother dealing with them anymore. I posted a few weeks back about my deal......I live in MICHIGAN, great deals can be had.

I will refer you to Mercedes benz of Ann Arbor, they will offer 8% off msrp, plus the 4k winter event to anyone walking off the street. (I managed 10%...but the dealership made it clear it wont happen again).

Pick any car on their lot. I did a one time pay, they did not inflate the Money Factor, a straightforward deal. in and out. The numbers your dealer is suggesting is beyond crazy. I have shopped Indiana dealers before....either your working with meriville or gurley leep(both crooks in my opinion). they were rude and tried to tell me I didn't know how leasing works.......when in fact it was them who didn't know the concept of multiple security deposits, very amateur guys.

Ann arbor is 3.5hour drive from Chicago.....well worth the drive in my opinion.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hello,

you should mention there is a 4k winter event rebate(hopefully you qualify for it).
    Toughoncars,

As others have said look elsewhere. This dealer is playing too many bogus games with you. You should be able to get $9k off sticker all day on the car you described. Basically invoice minus the 4k winter event and the dealer will still have more room to move on a car. Don't settle for a mediocre deal. Shop around to other dealers.
    Toughoncars,

Yes that is exactly why I got in my own hand last day of december, a 2013 e3504matic sedan with 2 year maintenance included. $540 a month

OUT THE DOOR (1st payment of $540 & registration): $760

Location in Northeast but that shouldn't matter, if you want someone that deals via internet and is reliable, try this guy to get pricing and he will probably give you the best pricing out there....

he is in west coast, not the guy I bought it from but I know this guy doesn't BS at all, it is his pricing I dared my dealer to match and he did....rest is history.

Dez at Long Beach in California

- Double006
    Commanderd,

Are you talking about 2013 e350 4matic sedan?

If so, I paid $540 for 24months/12K - $61MSRP - with 2 year Maintenance
    OUT THE DOOR:
    - (1st payment of $540 + registration): $760

I too had a FLEET certificate but since you can't duplicate current offers and Fleet, I just took winter which was the same as Fleet($4,000 off).

LOOK FOR CLOSE TO $4,000 below Invoice!

Hope this helps!

- Double006
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Something to keep in mind. Illinois taxes the entire selling price of the car. That adds a big chunk..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi,

Sorry for not being more specific. I am looking for the E350 Coupe with a P1.
    Ahh, the coupe does not have the substantial discounts of the sedan which make it so favorable. Unfortunately, you are not able to negotiate such an attractive price as there is less supply for the coupe than there is for the sedan.
    Thanks. Can one combine the ABA discount with the Winter Sales event? I cant get a definitive response.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi d_nyholm. Alas, Mercedes does not typically provide any lease support on E Wagons. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Wagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi commanderd. While I don't know definitively that this is the case because I don't follow the ABA program all that closely I suspect that it cannot be combined with the $4,000 Winter Event certificates.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ifuhadamonkeyifuhadamonkey Member Posts: 1
    hey whats the nashparker10 name number and salesmans name to get a deal like that at gmail. thanks a bunch
  • arod4arod4 Member Posts: 20
    INSIDECARBUY: thanks for posting your deal, i'm trying to score your same deal in florida but i'm getting a lot of resistance. example: "this deal is just not possible. If this person really got the deal the dealer made a huge error and lost lots of money. It does happen with new managers that do not understand programs." that's from a car broker that got me a good deal before.

i believe you got this deal but is there any particular info you can give me on what type of discounts they used etc to arrive at that amount? also, what dealer in what city and what first name of your salesguy? perhaps getting it shipped to florida would be worth it.

any help much appreciated.
    I don't believe this was a real deal I got 2013 e350 4 matic sedan Msrp 59 905 12k miles per year for 24 month lease for one pay of 12 000 dollars breaks down to 500.00 a month threw in winter rubber mats but wouldn't throw in 2 year maintenance . 4 days later dealer told me he couldn't duplicate deal for a friend and said 2013 sedans a are now pretty much out of stock. I got some deal and my deal was real.
    Hey Ariaz -
    Yes, the tax and bank fee are included in the $442.02 - only out of pocket was 1st months payment and DMV.
    Hey Arod4 -
    Here is the breakdown on the numbers…

MSRP is $59,905

Invoice is $56,175 (Its' MSRP ($59,905) minus the destination of $905 (59,000) times 93% ($54,870) then add back the destination $905 ($55,775) and $400 ($56,175) advertising charge that MB package to every invoice). Mark up is $3,730.

Hold back is $3,097.50 (Its' MSRP ($59,905) minus the destination of $905 (59,000) times 5.25% (3,097.50)

Total available profit from MSRP through Holdback is $6,827.50

Winter Event - $4,000 (Good to any customer whether you own a Mercedes or not).

Total available profit with Winter Event cash - $10,827.50

Now from where I live (right outside of NYC) if I were to search a 50 mile radius of MB dealers there are 26. All with in 1 hour drive or less. Major competition. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out!

The deal I got done had a selling price of $49,077.00 - yes the dealer broke even!

Many dealers will tell you it can't be done. That no one sells into holdback. They need to keep the lights on, they are losing money and so on… Find the one that says, I'll take that deal. :)

Hope this helps -
  • mbon12mbon12 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for sharing your info - I have a friend in the car business and he often talks to me about the value of knowing about holdbacks. I am going to negotiate with some dealerships tomorrow morning on the same car - i also live right outside NYC area.

Can you tell me which options you got with your MSRP $59,905? And my research says that usual holdbacks for Mercedes are 3%, did you get 5.25% because they are trying to get rid of the 2013 e350 4 matic to make room for the 2014's or have they increased their holdbacks in general?

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.