Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• jkang1jkang1 Member Posts: 7
    First of all, I always thank for this forum and everyone who has contributed to the articles.

I am about to switch my old 2010 E350 4matic to 2014 E350 4matic Sports Edition.
    I have 5 month remaining lease payment which will be taken care of by the dealer.

I have a quote: $2700 out of pocket, 36 month, 15K miles/year for $699 tax included
    E350 4matic Sports with P1, Lighting Package, Panorama Sunroof, etc
    MSRP: $62,500

Should I take the deal or push more?
    Please advise.. Thanks in advance.
  • ankurchopra87ankurchopra87 Member Posts: 22
    Carman,

I ended up doing a European Delivery on a 2014 E350 4MATIC, I am going to sign the paperwork on the 15th of June. Can you give me the MF and residual for 36 months and 10K miles.

Thanks again!
  • kopierkopier Member Posts: 7
    Good morning Jkang1 - couple of questions. What state are you in? What is the sales tax rate in your area? how much was the monthly payment on the 2010 you traded in? Did you use any special disounts (fleet program - USAA etc?) let me know and I can tell if you have anymore room to negotiate.

Thank you
    Thank you for your reply, Kopier.
    I live in PA with 9% lease sales tax rate. I am paying $600 now for my 2010. I don't have any special discount program.
    thanks in advance.
  • 36fan36fan Member Posts: 2
    Does this sound fair or should I negotiate more? Im fine with 10k miles. 36 months is fine with me or shorter but not longer. So. Ca. taxes(not sure %?). Im also turning in a Mercedes lease in this deal. Does the MF and RV looked to be inline for the 2014?

60k sticker
    53k sales price
    3k out of pocket
    .00148 MF
    62% RV
    10k miles 36 months
    598.00 payment total.
    Jkang1 - If the sales tax is 9% I would take that deal and run - that is a great deal for 15k 36 months for a $62,500 sticker. The current pull ahead is 3 payments - so you have negative $1200 on the current lease - I beleive the residual for 36 month 15k is 59% and the rate is .00143 = they are currently running the summer MB promo that provides dealers with 2k hold back and 1k rebate on 14 E's - all that said and done it looks like a $6000 discount on the car plus the holdback and rebate - that is a great deal for this car only out one month. if you can get it - I do not think you can do better. let me know how it comes out.
    36fan - based on your numbers using a 8% sales tax for SOCAL - your payment should be about $570 out the door - however that is with no negative on your current trade - the pull ahead on current E's is 3 months anything more than they will roll into the new lease payment. This is based on the numbers you have provided - if they are discounting the car 4k before the 2k holdback and 1k rebate - that is a good deal - I would take it - no use in trying to squeeze abother $20 bucks - they have already provided a great deal - what dealer are you working with?
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    My quote seems really really high. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $63,350 asking:
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

24 month: 68%
    36 month 59%
    48 month 48%
    Money Factor 0.00177

0 down
    24 month: $1061 per month
    36month: $932 per month

$3,000 down
    24 month: $922 per month
    36 month: $838 per month

$5,000 down
    24 month: $829 per month
    36 month: $775 per month
    edited June 2013
    2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $62,245 asking
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

1,000 down
    $1,117.26 per month

2,000 down
    $1,070.80 per month

3,000 down
    $1,024.86 per month
  • 36fan36fan Member Posts: 2
    Sounds to me that he is using the 2k holdback and the 1k of loyalty to bring the car down to invoice,then using my 3 k to bring the cap down the 53k that he quoted me. So thats a total of 7k off sticker with my 3k and his rebates. With tax fees etc,the payment was 598. I doubt he will go invoice,then use the 2k hold back and 1k loyalty.

Is that a fair deal with him using his 3k to bring it down to invoice and my 3k for cap reduction? Im looking to get into a car within the next 40 days or less.
    I was under the impression base on on your original post that the 53k was the price before the cap cost reduction - anyway the 3k down does not all go to the cap cost - you have first months payment 599 you have the doc fee 795 and license 600 and state fee (small amount) - so 2k of the 3k is used for those fees and 1k is used towards cap cost - I think this is a good deal - what dealer in SoCal?
    Thanks a lot, kopier.
    I am not good at calculating the lease payment, but your statement made me understand easily how the discount, rebate and my payment roll into the monthly payment. So the selling price would be $53500("all that said and done it looks like a $6000 discount on the car plus the holdback and rebate" by kopier)? Wow.
    I really appreciate your comment. Based upon your thoughts, my deal looks great and I will take no later than next week. Maybe push a little bit for free first maintenance?
    Seems like high to me.. Push more discount on the car like $4000. Don't take the free maintenance program as long as it is free or minimal costs. Most of parts are under warranty(even changing bulbs). I paid around $800 during 3 year of my lease for maintenance. Look at my post. I am getting a new lease deal now, and the car seems similar to yours including terms.
    Looking for the MF and Residual on a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year. I am signing on the 15th.

Thanks in advance!
  • donno2011donno2011 Member Posts: 20
    In SoCal, dealer in Buena Park, salesman AA (our 4th from him). MSRP $59,625, sell $53,112. Polar/Silk, Pano, AMG Wheels, split fold rear seats, spoiler, flat bottom steering wheel, comfort box. 36/15k/$2500 drive off, including lease return protection plan and maint plan, $709/mo inc tax. Residual 58%, $795 acquisition fee. MF (backed into given other known values) .00162.

Salesman AA carries clout to get deals done. As time marches on better deals will be had, but given the model just arrived, it's pretty good. Everyone's situation is different. The miles on my '11 E350 were reaching penalty phase, as well as tires and brakes were due shortly, so I offset the upcoming maint cost and excess mileage cost (why put that money into a car that's gone in the very near future?) against the new car.

Also, unlike other MB dealers in Orange County, this dealer does not grind the customer into submission, spending hours haggling every $3.00 increment. They will send quote via email and work the deal over the phone which is convenient for busy people.

I personally prefer rewarding the dealer that quotes the best price as well as those who are honest thru the entire transaction, and ESPECIALLY those who quote via email. I don't like dealers who turn what should be an easy transaction into an epic event, requiring your physical presence to be sequestered in a confined cubicle, and I never use a lower quote from one dealer to get a car at another who originally wanted to play games in the first place.

For those who search inventory online, this dealer's website has the best detail because it shows the options on the car, unlike many other dealer sites which proved frustrating. That info was very helpful to find the car I wanted without having to sit on the phone, or drive all over SoCal.

Hope this helps.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    >>I personally prefer rewarding the dealer that quotes the best price as well as those who are honest thru the entire transaction, and ESPECIALLY those who quote via email. I don't like dealers who turn what should be an easy transaction into an epic event, requiring your physical presence to be sequestered in a confined cubicle, and I never use a lower quote from one dealer to get a car at another who originally wanted to play games in the first place.

This.
  • strohldestrohlde Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Never leased anything before but tempted too.

Wife stopped in at a dealer yesterday and this is where we're at

2013 E350 Sport 4matic with P1 - Demo with 8k miles
    10k is either done or will be done
    MSRP: 59,865
    Discount: 9897.66
    Sale Price: 49,967.34

$2995 down + first month and some taxes

27 months, 10k miles/yr
    mf = .00127
    residual: 40,320.45
    monthly payments: $422.12 + tax

This seem reasonable? As said...never leased before, but based on depreciation + mf payment puts me at $357....question is how close should we push to get to that? My wife said they were done dealing with her at present.

I am a USAA member...does that give me any more benefit on a lease deal?

Thanks for any feedback
    The following is what I have deduced from the lease offer on MBUSA.com, no guarantees that these are correct. I am putting them here for anyone who might be looking for them.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic is 0.00148 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Residuals are
    62 % for 10,000 miles per year
    61 % for 12,000 miles per year
    59 % for 15,000 miles per year
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    I have also never leased a vehicle until about 3 weeks ago when I leased this car. MB E 350 4 matic Sport with 18 inch AMG wheels, 2013 Model Year
    Pallidium Silver
    Options: P1 package
    Additional options: rear spoiler
    push start button/keyless entry
    split folding seats
    comfort box in the trunk
    chrome door handle inserts
    Dealer installed option: 3M clear bra on hood, rear view mirrors and door edge
    MSRP: 61256. Selling price 52256
    0 down lease for 27 moths 12K/year= 600/month
    I have put down 5000 upfront which brought the lease payment down to 411/month. I added 2 service prepayments in the lease.
    Total out the door price 423/month 12K/year for 27 months.
    Buy end option price at the end of the lease 42K
    Dunno about USAA member discount. Hope it helps. Good Luck!
    BTW I love this car. John
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    Strohlde

Forgot to mention that my car had less than 100 miles. Given your situation of a demo car with slightly less options and the fact that 2014 model year is out in abundance I would suggest to try for more like 12-15K/yr lease with 2 services included in the lease price for 0 down 422/month.
    John
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go jtravers. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sport 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ankurchopra87. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    What do you think of this deal? I feel like it is still too high, but I have never negotiated an E550 before.

Car: 2013 E550 4-matic
    Retail: $72,840
    Sale Price: $62,840
    Residual:
    63%

Lease includes, tax and maintenance with 15k miles per year
    24 Month lease:
    0 down: $1,041 per month
    1k down: $997.50
    2K down: $954

30 month lease:
    0 down: $954.08
    1k down: 918.87
    2k down 883.66

36 month lease
    0 down: $874.49
    1k down: $844.81
    2k down: $815.13

Thoughts? Also, every $1,000 off equates to about $50.00 off your monthly lease amount...correct?

Thanks in advance.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi ineedacar5,
    Given that the 2014's are now available, I suspect that you could push for an additional discount on the final sales price.

Additionally, I would recommend not putting any money down. Rather, you should take those moneys and consider MSD's and autopay to 'buy down' the MF as this will naturally reduce your monthly lease, and you get the MSD's back at the end of the lease term. My two rupees.

Cheers!
    Does the MF and residual look accurate? I am new to leasing, so it is a little overwhelming.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi ineedacar5,

Carman would be your most accurate source for the base rate MF and RV. I had heard that the buy rate MF for 2013 E550 has been raised to 0.00205. Two other alternatives on triangulating MF could be as follows,

1. Call several other MB dealerships and ask them for the MF's for top tier credit on an 2013 E550. Hopefully, you will get equivalent MF's, so you will be able to triangulate.
    2. Check ridewithg.com as sometimes he posts the MF

In regards to the RV, I have a hard time believing that the 63% RV is identical for 24, 30, and 36 mo leases. MB has sometimes offered a pull ahead program where they extend the RV for leases of 3 additional months (i.e., same RV for 24 months applied to 27 mo).

Don't be discouraged. Leasing is not that daunting. Once you understand the math and key variables, you are in a powerful negotiating position.

Cheers!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited June 2013
    Please keep checking in here for leasing tips and advice BEFORE you sign anything. For example, if you are paying the full mf, then you can take advantage of multiple security deposits....info on that is in this thread...or ask. Also, you want to include mercedes basic maintenance in your lease payments because it may cost far less than if you wait and pay as you go. More on that too, if you need it. Make no "capital cost reduction" up front...use the money for multiple security deposits. Note: your salesman will probably have no clue what multiple security deposits are or why they are a good deal....make him read the mercedes financing manual.

residuals you have are absolutely wrong...
    Thanks for the tips. Where can I find accurate residuals, especially for an 2013 E550?
    Hi ineedacar5. I believe that Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E550 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Taxes included in your monthly payment?
  • prdolphin49prdolphin49 Member Posts: 2
    What is the Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier?
    What about a 24 or 27 month lease?
  • perfectsonperfectson Member Posts: 4
    well, I hate reading these boards...I remember when I leased a 2010 e350 coupe for $650 and paying close to $6K upfront. (had poor credit at the time though).

I took it to car max at the end of the lease and they basically said there was a $6K difference between what I could get for it and the price Mercedes is charging me to buy it out. SMH
  • jgoal55jgoal55 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman,

Could you tell me the June buy rate lease money factors and residuals for an E350 Sport Sedan, 36 months, 18,000 miles for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier? I've been reading through this board but have only found 15,000 mile leases so far.

Also, do options (like the premium 1 package for example) affect residuals and MF's? If so, these are the specs of the car I'm looking to lease...

Base MSRP: $51,900
    Dark Grey Sport Interior: $1,620
    Premium 1 package: $3,870
    Driver Asst Package: $2,800
    Wood/Leather Steering Wheel: $590
    Panorama Sunroof: $1,090

Thanks so much for all the information you share with us. I really appreciate it.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    Hi jgoal55,

All options are residualized, and MF is the same regardless of extra option son a specific platform model. MF can be different between engine types and styles, but not usually for adding p1 or keyless-go, etc.

The scam of the century is MB Financial Services actually residualizes service contracts!!!!

Prepaid service is at a discount and with MBFS residualizing a $619 2 year service plan, means you are actually paying only fraction of the cost for service. If your residual is 69% you actually pay $192 dollars for all service for the term of the lease. This example was for a 24 month 10k mi leae, but they also offer longer time periods with more mileage.

Once the dealer said service plans were residualized, only an idiot would pay out of pocket for maintenance on a lease and not include a service plan.

-Valley Guy
    edited June 2013
    Wow, really? That's odd. I wonder why they would do that? Not knowing that, I would have never considered the service contract. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be sure to ask them that!

And thanks for the clarification on the options.
  • strohldestrohlde Member Posts: 5
    ya. this was my first lease and I was rather confused when I was closing it out and they told me the prepaid service was residualized. Makes no sense - the car and options sure - I'm giving those back. But the service is done when I use it. But whatever...it's their system.
    "Hi Carman,

Could you tell me the June buy rate lease money factors and residuals for an E350 Sport Sedan, 36 months, 18,000 miles for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier? I've been reading through this board but have only found 15,000 mile leases so far.

Also, do options (like the premium 1 package for example) affect residuals and MF's? If so, these are the specs of the car I'm looking to lease...

Base MSRP: $51,900
    Dark Grey Sport Interior: $1,620
    Premium 1 package: $3,870
    Driver Asst Package: $2,800
    Wood/Leather Steering Wheel: $590
    Panorama Sunroof: $1,090

Thanks so much for all the information you share with us. I really appreciate it."

Wow. Time flies! I didn't realize how close we were to July when I posted this. Not sure when the July rates are published but can you please post July rates when you get a chance. Thank you!
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Wondering what the new lease programs are for the 2014 E350 Sport? We're looking for whatever the "sweet spot" is for lease duration with 12k miles per year. What are the Money Factor and Residual Values for July?

Also, any idea the amount of Mercedes Dealer Holdback and other hidden profits? In New England, they're hitting us for a $700 marketing charge on top. Is this ever negotiable?

Thanks!
  • riloh05riloh05 Member Posts: 15
    what is the July residual and money factor on 10k/12k year and 27/36 month lease. Thanks.
  • mb2014mb2014 Member Posts: 1
    Leased my car last week in NoCal, not sure it's a good deal or not.

2014 E350 Sport Sedan, 36month, 10K year
    MSRP: 60450, Diamond White, P1...
    2K down, $690 per month including tax
  • ROBERTBOBROBERTBOB Member Posts: 3
    comforzones-
    Concerning the $700 marketing/advertising charge, I also heard this a few weeks ago from a dealer (in NJ). It was his reasoning that I was being quoted below invoice. It's not a line item on the window sticker so I wouldn't worry about it and in my opinion you shouldn't consider it when negotiating price.

mb2014-
    Sounds decent depending on what the 2K down consisted of.
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    Hello all,

Doesn't it make sense to lock in a lower payment with the 7500 mile lease? If you go over the miles just trade it in for a new one to avoid the fees for going over the miles rather than turning it in.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Hi mjf5012,

It costs something like ~$500 over 27 months to move to 10K miles per year, or instead pay $2000 extra if you drive only 9500 miles per year on a 7500 mile annual limit.

If there is any doubt you will exceed the 7500 mile limit, then just pay the extra $250ish per year for 10K mileage limit.

- 7500 miles per year is only 20 miles per day average!
    - 10K miles per year is 27 miles per day average
    - 12K miles per year is 32 miles per day average

Just my humble opinion.

-ValleyGuy
    I leased a 2013 e-350 p1 and p2 package at Vin Devers Autohaus in Sylvania, Ohio. It took some negotiating but I was able to achieve the following deal.

$64,000 car
    15k miles per year
    maintenance included
    taxes included
    0 down
    27 month lease
    $581 per month
    *I live a long distance away from the dealership, so I purchased the car without personally seeing it. They shipped the car to my house free of charge and I was able to sign the paperwork and write the check upon delivery.

I think I could have done a little better, but considering the quotes I received from other dealerships, I think I did pretty good. They are deal makers, and offered me a really competitive price on a 2014 e-class. This is my first lease, so I was a little apprehensive about doing a 3 year lease; hence the reason for agreeing on the 2013.

Harry was salespersons name, so please give him a call if you are considering a new 2014 E-Class.
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    Great deal. What was the money factor and residual used?
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    Really good deal. I would have jumped all over that but couldn't get close in NY. Was looking at significantly more for P1 cars.
    Just out of curiosity and I know he is really, really busy replying n tons of threads, but does anyone have an idea how long it usually takes carman to reply with the rates? Thanks.
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    While it's nice to get the rates from carman if you ask a few dealers you will get them, especially if you go in person and sit down with finance. There are also other website that publish lease interest rates.
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    We've never found anyone to be as accurate and concise as Car Man when it comes to getting truthful Money Factors and Residual Values. Where are other dependable resources on the web? I would never trust information that a dealer provides...
This discussion has been closed.