Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    If two dealers give you identical numbers they are pretty accurate. Many dealers will actually show me their buy rate sheet that they get from the leasing company. You'd be surprised at the info you can get by asking.
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

Looking for the rate and residual on a 27 month lease of a 2013 E350 4MATIC Sedan for 10000 miles.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Member Posts: 70
    I Just leased an e350 4Matic with an MSRP of $64K the other month. If you can still find these they are screaming good deals to get rid of them.

You should be able to get this car for about $500 per month, very little up front money with a service contract included.

I believe RV is 70% for 10K miles.

Seriously make sure you get a service contract included. It's the bargain of the century. The plan is already reduced for prepay verses pay as you go. Even more importantly the plan is residualized!! That's right MBFS only makes you pay 30% of the total cost of a 2 year plan and they eat the remainder!!

Only an idiot would say no to all service on an MB for 2 years at the cost of less than 1 schedule A service. On a 2 year lease, all you have to add is gas and insurance.

-ValleyGuy
    For 2014 e350 4Matic that might be true.

For a 2013, get the Model & year, MSRP, Money Factor, residual value, drive-off fees, and actual sales price.

Have the quote include tax and service plan.

The sales price should be $10K off MSRP at a minimum for a 2013 e350 sedan.

In all dealer quotes make sure they give you a complete break down of the deal so you can compare and negotiate like for like.

It's also helpful to go directly to MBFS and have them run your credit. It's good for all dealers for a set period of time. This way you can walk in proving you are pre-approved for a specific credit tier.

-ValleyGuy
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks, ValleyGuy. I have all of the breakdowns and nobody will knock of $10K. They say they can only do that if I finance. I am getting frustrated. Where did you get your car? I would even pay to have it shipped.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    edited July 2013
    I had the same issue with 2013s in NY in May. No one would knock more than 2 grand off invoice for a p2. And I would have considered a P1 if I got a great deal. Numerous dealers, Silver Star and Rallye, wouldn't even quote prices over email. After a while, I couldn't find a P2 so I opted for a BMW 535 x drive instead.

Better handling, xenons and leather standard plus a ton of other goodies. With my loyalty incentives I got the car for $2250 under invoice.
  • jgoal55jgoal55 Member Posts: 10
    I don't know if it's a Miami thing or what, but every single time I have tried to ask the dealer for it, they give me the run-around. It's extremely annoying and to be honest, if they are not willing to give it to me over the phone, then that is not a dealer I want to deal with.
  • glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    In regards to your 0 down - does that mean 0 out of pocket with all the fees (TTL, acquisition, doc fees) and 1st payment rolled in, or you still had to pay that upfront? If that payment includes all fees rolled it's a super fantastic deal you got there!
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Member Posts: 22
    Everything is rolled into the lease payment. I spoke with 20 dealerships, and this dealership was 1 of 3 who didn't jerk me around. I probably should have paid a bit more for the 2014, as they are really offering deals at this particular dealership; but I actually like the look of the 2013 better.

If you give me know your e-mail address I can let you contact information for the dealerships who quoted me the best deals.

Thanks-
    edited July 2013
    Hi mjf5012,

Go ahead and finance the car through MBFS at the dealer. You can pay-off the loan the following month without early payment penalty. I believe MBFS gives the dealer a few bucks to originate the loan, and MBFS definitely givse the dealer a cut of the interest rate pie when finance above baseline interest rate.

You can pay-off the loan at anytime. Many people are under the mistaken believe that cash is king when buying a new car; it in fact is not. Dealer like to se financing and even a trade-in if possible.

-David
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Hello carman or other informed parties!

I know the '14s are out, but wonder if you can share the mf/residual for a '13 wagon (350 4M Sport). 36mos/10k or 39/10 if better. Also 48/10k?

Also, is there any dealer cash on these or mfg incentives? Found one that has been on the lot for a while and wonder how far it can be pushed off MSRP. I have USAA ($2,500), but looking for more. Thanks as always.
    edited July 2013
    christiands,

The dealers are loaded with incentives to move the '13 e-class. The problem will be finding one. In California anyway, most e350 4matic wagons are about $64K. you can get $10k off and also your USAA discount.

Simply ask the dealer where the sweet spot is on lease pricing. It's probably a 27 month lease, 10Kmi per year, RV of ~69%.

-ValleyGuy
  • dkchipsdkchips Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Anyone out there have the current MBZ Financial loan rates for late model SL550 and CLS550 2012 - TERM 48 months, 60 months and above??

Tier 1 credit 722 FICO -

Thanks,

David
  • jhansla85jhansla85 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal on a 2014 E350

MSRP $61,720

30 months, $5000 down, 7500 miles per year.

$529 per month taxes included

Thank you
    jhansla85,

Could you share more details like MF, purchase price, residual value?

-ValleyGuy
    Thanks for the info, ineedacar5. I actually live in MA and have just recently leased a 2013 GLK250. If I can get similar deals two years down the road on an E250 BlueTec that might just be my next ride. I'm wondering what it'd cost to have the vehicle shipped across the country because CA seems to have the best deals as compared to any other states.....
  • jhansla85jhansla85 Member Posts: 7
    Valley Guy,

This is all I have at the moment. It was through an online quote with the dealer
    edited July 2013
    Hi jhansla85,

Very smart going for the online quote. Ask the dealer for the breakdown.

MSRP
    Purchase price
    Drive-off fees (idemized)
    RV - Residual Value
    MF - Money Factor
    Tax rate
    Loaded monthly rate
    Also the car's build sheet.

Then you have an apple to apples comparison between dealers and you can negotiate specific terms above. A lot of people seem to be getting a purchase price around invoice, but depends on inventory in your area. Dealers are having a harder time keeping prices high on the new e350's with inventory coming in.

-ValleyGuy
  • alexeykalexeyk Member Posts: 5
    Hello guys.

What are the residual and MF for a 2013 e350 Bluetec:
    24m/15K and 36/15K ?
    edited July 2013
    If you find a 2013 e-class bluetec, dealers are going low and cheap to get rid of them. The higher mileage 2014 e250 turbo diesel is coming out in a month or two.

Talk to a 2-3 dealers and get the base MF rate. MBFS is providing lease support to get rid of them. Easy to get $10K of MSRP and base wholesale MF rates at the moment. Probably take you 15 minutes to get the deal working through dealer Internet sales.

Sorry don't know the exact rates for this car, but any dealer worth their salt will just tell you if you ask. Confirm with another couple of dealers and you will get the data.

-ValleyGuy
  • alexeykalexeyk Member Posts: 5
    Thanks ValleyGuy,

Smythe is giving 11.5K off msrp but raising the moneyfactor, so I'm not too happy with that deal. Will try other dealers in Bay Area.
    One of Smythe's Sales managers PJ does this quite a bit, going deeper than anyone else into the red and making it up on the financing. I leased an e350 4matic 2013 from Smythe in the end of May for not quite $10K off of $64K MSRP.

I found out later the MF was pretty close to base MF. I could have gotten a better deal if I went home and came back. Unfortunately they had only 3 gas e350's in stock and 2 got bought while I was standing there and another couple wanted to look at the model I was negotiating on. Needing another car the deal way better than anyone would even think about then for a then just released 2014.

In the end it was a great deal and the car is a dream to drive.

-David
  • irishladdyirishladdy Member Posts: 19
    Hi everyone,

Trying to work a deal on the above car: Steel grey, with P2, Leather interior, wheel package, lane tracking, split-folding rear seats, multi-contour driver seat, accessory styling package and comfort box - dealer refuses to believe or accept any deal other than $3k below dealer invoice. He said the deals I shared don't exist and dealers’ would be losing money "hand over fist" to accept such deals here ranging from $10k- $18K off MSRP.

Here is his fourth and final offer - he told me he would not even entertain any other conversations about negotiating price as the vehicle is in such high demand everyone wants one.

It appears this is about $362/month too high, based on what others are saying about deals on remaining E350's but he says I should go buy cars with those dealers' as nobody can sell a car that low without losing money.

Car: 2013 E350 4-MATIC Sport
    Retail: $66,795
    Sale Price: $59,878
    Residual: 66% (12K miles)
    Money Factor (with auto pay) .00097

Lease includes, tax and maintenance with 12k miles per year
    27 Month lease:
    $0 down $811.50 a month, no money down BUT 1st payment due at signing

27 month lease with 15k miles:
    $0 down: $862.64 a month, no money down BUT 1st payment due at signing

Today is the last day on the month where they close all the books and make the best deals. I offered him $53,478 as a final offer if they did the deal today and they refused.
    He said Mercedes is only giving him a $2,500 certificate on the 2013's and as a USAA member, he said you cannot combine any two offers. He told me that if everything others are saying on these threads is true, they would all be out of business.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I mean, is it that some dealers who are in the business of selling cars refuse to do their job and sell cars?
    Thanks everyone.

Signed,

Frustrated

p.s. - I mentioned others (in the forum) are now getting 12% of the same 2014's so I asked why I would buy a 2013 with less of a discount and they laughed and told me to buy three as they would all be losing money on the vehicles if they did that.
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    Irishladdy,
    Did you email 5 to 10 dealers with your offer? The dealer you are working with does not want your business. Even if you have to travel a bit to get your car, it will be cheaper in the long run, if you save thousands on your car.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    What city/state are you shopping in?

Yes, some salespeople/dealers will refuse to sell cars below a certain price. But the facts are the facts. On this car you're shopping for the numbers are:

MSRP - $66,795
    Invoice - $62,882
    Holdback - $3,458 = $59,424
    Customer 1 Certificate - $2,500 = $56,924
    Vehicle Cost - $56,924

Sometime you have to shop different salespeople at the same dealership until you find the one willing to except a minimum commission. They're out there and every dealership has at least one. One guy who is in really good with the Sales Manager and knows whether he selling the car for $1,000 over invoice or $5,000 behind its going to be the same commission to him. At the end of the day he rather leave with something after working 10-12 hours instead of nothing.

Anywhere in the USA that you have access to 5-8 dealerships within a 100 miles radius your usually able to add $500 to the true dealer cost and get a deal done, if not less. So if you were to add $500 to this deal it would bring you to $688.41 per month assuming 7.5% taxes and new plates, just first due at signing.

This are the best numbers for the current programs running. However, I have done these exact cars (similar MSRP) for about $100 cheaper per month when the incentives and residuals were stronger (November-February).

Don't get discouraged, the deals on the 2014 models with similar MSRP's were only about $35 more per month for July. I'm sure they will come down in August if not September. They have a nice facelift, why not try for one of those…. they are a dime a dozen. I'm sure of this, I do it everyday!

Good Luck - ;)
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply - I really appreciate it. Normally I would, but I did not in this case only because I did a search myself for this vehicle and there is only one 13' with P2 left in New England. In fact, I would have to drive eight hours to get to the dealership. otherwise, I would definitely have sent a RFP to multiple dealers.

In this case with such limited (almost no) inventory, my options were very limited.
    Hi Insidecarbuy,

Thank you for your kind message and for taking so much time to offer a very insightful perspective - I really appreciate it!

I am in Boston, MA. I approached a couple of local dealers and they almost threw me out of the dealership when I spoke about discounts and pricing shared by others in the forum. They told me to just go to those dealers ("if they exist.") So, I went as far as ME to find the one E350 P2 in the area.

Your advice is interesting when you suggest I speak with different salespeople within the same dealership. My past experiences with purchases when not dealing with the internet sales manager has been that the salespeople seem to be very "territorial" and once you are "paired" with one salesperson, your are stuck with he or she. When deals "fall through" they always blame the sales manager who they say is not willing to budge. In this case, my salesperson told me the "dealership" and the "sales manager" were not willing to do a deal.

I can easily take your advice and shop multiple dealers within a 100 mile radius due to the fact I live in a major hub - Boston. I appreciate you breaking down the numbers and getting to $688.41 (in MA our tax rate is 6.25%.) I am curious, however, when others in the forum say they are getting this similar priced/spec'd vehicle with similar lease terms for $500 per less. In those cases, are the dealers really just unloading the vehicles at a loss?

One member 'SM1982' posted on Jan. 31st that he/she purchased a E350 with a MSRP of $59,905. The final monthly payment was $356.48 per month including everything and only $356.48 total due at signing. Apparently in the above case, there was an extra $6k on loaners, but even six months later in July, others are saying don't pay over $500/month with no $ down on a deal with similar terms.

I appreciate your words of encouragement. With almost no inventory of 2013's I definitely plan to take your advice and try to get into a 14' model and hopefully can find someone to do business with within the next week.

Thank you again! Great job!

Cheers!
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Carman,
    I'm slated to take delivery of the new 2014 E250 Bluetec at the end of this month. Can you please provide the following info below?

- base rate MF and RV for a 24/12K and 24/10K lease
    - Individual MF deductions and max no. of deductions for MSD
    - incentives (e.g., loyalty cash as I'm returning an E350 Bluetec) - I do qualify for a fleet certificate

Cheers!
    Have you dealt with Flagship Motorcars of Lynnfield?

I just leased a 2013 GLK250 from them and all the negotiations were done via emails. They've responded to all my questions in a timely fashion and were very pleasant to deal with.

So even though I think I could've gotten a slightly lower price if I haggled for a little longer, the overall experience made up for it. My leasing details can be found on the GLK thread.

Good luck!
    Please be sure to post your final leasing details after you take delivery of the car. That's the car I'd be really interested in after my current GLK250 lease is up, in another 22 months (yes, I tend to do my homework early.....). Appreciate it!
    edited August 2013
    Hi irishladdy,

I don't believe anyone other than the odd deal or two got a $60K plus e350 for $500 per month including tax and nothing down.

You are going about it right. Focus on the MF, RV, purchase price, drive-off fees and you will get a deal you like.

Having worked in the car biz; rule #1 always walk from a deal, have them want your money more than you want the car.

Like Insidecarbuy said, MB is starting to provide lease support for 2014's and the deals will only get better in August and into Sept.

Once the popularity starts to wain, so does MB and the dealers resistance levels. Next month MB will also start lease supporting the new GL's.

The big corporate chains like AutoNation also seem to hold the line on pricing more firmly than others. This is just my experience.

Rule #2, get a price you're happy with and not the best price you've heard about on the forum. I paid about $25 a month more than I perhaps could have on my e350 4Matic. Guess what? I'm thrilled with the car and payments. There were tons of people who paid $100 per month more than I did. It's all relative and local and personal conditions are factors.

-ValleyGuy
    Hi Glayfan40,

Thank you for taking the time to reply - appreciate it!

I have not reached out to Flagship but absolutely will do so now that I am switching gears and looking for a 14' model as opposed to a 13'.

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience working over email. Was there someone in particular you worked with you could recommend? Otherwise, I will just email the internet sales manager.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
    Hi Valleyguy408,

I really appreciate your time in responding to my post - thanks!

Great advice with rule #1 - and I could not agree anymore as its just a car and there are always plenty more out there just like the one you are looking at.

I also appreciate you reinforcing the approach I am taking is the right one - thank you.

It's good to hear that you believe some of the one off deals some other forum members are not the "norm." I totally agree you have to be happy with the price you get and the vehicle. I think for me seeing some of these very low prices others are paying on lease's made me feel that unless you get one of those rock bottom prices, you are doing something wrong. So, again I really appreciate the feedback.

I plan to search the posts for my next question but since you are so knowledgeable I thought I would ask in case you heard or have read about numbers on the new 2014's. Now that is August, do you happen to know what lease support is available (assuming there is any at all) on the new 2104 E350's?

Cheers!

- Irishladdy
    I actually used Edmunds initially to send out my quote requests to multiple (4-5) dealers in the area. Most of them replied within a day or two but none had the exact color/option combo I was looking for. Flagship was the first to locate my preferred vehicle from an out-of-state (CT) dealer and advised they could swap it in for me if I decided to close the deal.

I was working with Michael Andrews (Business Development Manager) and Craig Bovio (Sales Rep) via emails. And after all the negotiations were done, Mike Frazier (Sales Rep) worked on following up on making sure the vehicle gets delivered on time as well as handled all of the related paperwork (contracts, registration, insurance info, etc). I was in and out of the dealership in less than 2 hours. Mike was a very down-to-earth kid (mid-20's maybe). You can almost tell he's new to the car sales business but to me he was very professional and pleasant to deal with. I've yet to meet Michael or Craig in person though.
    edited August 2013
    Hi Irishladdy,

The current MF for an e350 sedan for August is .00148. The equivalent interest rate is .00148 * 2400 = 3.552%

It's becoming routine to see $1000 below invoice as the dealer's grip on 2014's relaxing as inventories are increasing.

Real breakthrough is emerging on price and the larger markets like LA, 10% off MSRP is developing.

It's possible September might be even better as I believe the e250 Diesel will start to arrive. This is strictly a guess on my part. The e250 will present a big improvement in highway mileage with a slight decrease in acceleration from a stop performance.

-ValleyGuy
    Hi Insidecar buy,

You were kind enough to reply to my post about a 2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic last week and the information you provided me is invaluable to structuring a deal, as you suggested, for $500 over "true cost."

I am now seeking to buy a 2014 model and wanted to ask you if you would be kind enough to share the same information for me but on the below 2014 vehicle so I am armed to negotiate and get the best price.

I am seeking the following on the below build:

MSRP - $67,615
    Invoice - ?
    Holdback -?
    Customer 1 Certificate - $2,500 =
    Vehicle Cost - ?

MSRP $51,900*(base)

Exterior Color: Diamond Silver Metallic - $720

Wheels: 18-inch twin 5-spoke alloy wheels - $0

OPTIONS

Sport Styling Package - $0

Lighting Package - $1500

Interior Color: Black Leather - $1,620

Trim: Burl Walnut Wood - $0

OPTIONS: Sport wood/leather steering wheel - $590

ACCESSORIES: INTERIOR APPEARANCE

Illuminated Door Sill Panels - $800

OPTIONS

Premium 1 Package - $3,870

KEY-LESS GO- $650

Split-folding rear seats - $440

Heated and Active Ventilated front seats - $450

Active multi-contour driver seat - $660

115-volt household-type AC power outlet - $115

OPTIONS

4MATIC Package
    4MATIC all-wheel drive
    4-wheel Electronic Traction System (4-ETS) - $2,500

Lane Tracking Package/Blind Spot Assist/Lane Keeping Assist - $875

Transportation Charge - $925

Total MSRP - $67,615

I really appreciate your help and I promise to let you know how it worked out!

Cheers!

Irishladdy
    Get the Keyless-Go package for $950 rather than just Keyless-Go, to receive the trunk opener/closer.

Read my prior response, if you sum it all up and the best discount right now is about 10-11% percent off MSRP, that's all in for everyone but for those with special fleet discounts.

-ValleyGuy
    Hi Valleyguy,

Thanks again for all your help - really appreciate it! So, I just got a very good price on a new 14' BUT was told the MF was .00214 (equates to a 5.136% rate.) I let my representative know I am aware the current MF rate for a E250 sedan for August is .00148 or 3.552% - significantly less than what I am being quoted.

I have not received a reply to my message but that would mean they marked up the "buy rate" by 1.608% which is a very big mark-up. I was wondering if you have any advice here other than letting them know you will not accept anything more than the current buy rate for the month of August. Is this difficult to get the dealer to move on?

Again - as always, I appreciate all your help.

Irishladdy
    Great advice! I did not see the package in some online configuration models but now that you pointed it out, I see it. Definitely will do that - thank you!

Irishladdy
    Irishladdy,

I have not seen the e250 yet, but I did hear a rumor that the MF could be lower for the e250 over the e350 to promote a vehicle with greater fuel economy rating as a method to improve MB's overall CAFE fuel ratings.

Please do let us know where you ended up in terms of deal. It would appear you are strongly negotiating.

Yes, you can negotiate the MF. It's an easy place for the dealer to give to make it happen.

-ValleyGuy
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    what is the money factor for a 2014 e550 (assuming excellent credit). What's the maximum number of multiple security deposits MB will accept these days?

I was told the 36 mo residual for 10K miles on an e550 is .63, but not sure I have any trust in the dealer that gave me that number.
  • dfdubdfdub Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just got a call from a dealer here in texas. Here are their numbers:

E350, RWD
    36 months / 15k miles
    MSRP- 61,919
    Sale Price- 59,719
    Money Factor- .00171
    RV- 67%

Down Payment- $1200
    Monthly Payment- $951

Also, they gave me a residual value of $36,551. This doesn't seem to add up either.

This seems... reeaaallly high. Of course, I dont have an itemized report yet. So there must be some serious fees mixed in here. I plugged these numbers into ridewithg's calculator and I get a payment much lower- closer to the $700's. I told them that everything was much higher than expected. He asked me for my 'target' so I told him 600ish with some money down. After he spoke with the manager and got back to me, he seemed like he didnt want to deal with me anymore.

Move on?
  • nye350nye350 Member Posts: 3
    Here a deal I got for a 2014 E350

MSRP $61,990
    27 month lease
    7,500 miles
    P1,sports package,

$580/ month or $500/month as a one pay
    10,000 miles a year add around $20

Sounds like a good deal? NYC leasing agents not dealership.
  • ariazariaz Member Posts: 77
    Does this price include Tax. Keep in mind that in State of Texas, the tax is charged on the selling price of car, not on the lease payment.
  • drbnx5drbnx5 Member Posts: 8
    14 e350 p1 sports pack, keyless go, trunk close button, amg rims

Msrp 58900
    Adjusted cap cost 51,000 (included 1500 neg equity from trade in)
    MF .00161
    Pmt 579 (includes taxes and 2 yr maintenance)
    10000 miles
    27 mo lease (can be extended to 33 mo)
  • drbnx5drbnx5 Member Posts: 8
    Forgot to mention - residual was 70%
  • rockfordfilesrockfordfiles Member Posts: 3
    Just did a lease last night in Chicago. Got what I think is a great deal and worked with a no-BS salesman.

Msrp 60,890

27 months 10k mi/yr

$569 mo with a total of $1500 out of pocket including first payment.

My parents are going back tonight to get one for themselves.

Thoughts?
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited August 2013
    hopefully, you bought the mercedes maintenance package as part of the lease. The full price is considered an option on the car so you actually only pay a small amount for all of the services which, on a mercedes lease, are required to be done.

Sounds like a good deal....

My local dealer is playing games....who is your dealer...I might just do an internet buy of an e550.
  • rockfordfilesrockfordfiles Member Posts: 3
    Contact Frank at MB Chicago. He highly recommended the maint. Pkg, which we did get. He was super helpful and made it easy for us.
  • masterfisheryymasterfisheryy Member Posts: 1
    Wow, I'm really glad I live in California then.... these are the quotes I got from my dealer at Rusnak Arcadia

2014 E350 RWD
    - Lighting Package
    - Sports Styling Package
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Sport Wood/ Leather Steering Wheel
    - Illuminated Door Sill
    - Premium 1
    - Elec Trunk Closer
    - Split Folding Rear Seat
    - Pano Roof
    - Active Multicontour Driver Seat
    - Driver Assistance Package