Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    rockfordfilesrockfordfiles Member Posts: 3
    Sounds good (almost impossible), but that's a RWD car. Nobody wants those in Chicago. They're useless here. Did you have a trade?
  • Options
    ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    could you give us miles per year...money factor and residual. It would help those of us trying to negotiate our deals.
  • Options
    pete96pete96 Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone point me to a dealer wit h no money down 550 a month or better. Thank you.
  • Options
    you should be able to get that price on the new diesel e350 when it comes out next month (?)....it will have a higher residual than the gas car and it will be the lowest price E. Of course it depends on your credit rating, how you want the car equipped, and of course which e.
  • Options
    sibra74sibra74 Member Posts: 7
    Just pulled the triger on a 2014 E350 Sport P1 Package w/Flat bottom 3-spoke sport steering wheel, 18-inch AMG twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, comfort box

MSRP: $57,725
    Sale Price: $49,255
    27 Month Lease
    $1650 down (includes 1st pmt.)
    10K Miles a Year
    Monthly Pmt: $494 + tax

This was the best deal I could find. Most dealers are not willing to give the buy rate Money Factor, but these guys were.

Only thing I am worried about is the allotted miles. I know I will go over, but a friend told me to never pre pay upfront for miles. Hopefully with the deal that I got, I won't be upside on what I owe versus what the car is worth at the end of the lease. I normally sell my leases at the end, but this is my first MBZ, so I'm not sure what to expect.
  • Options
    hbtrojanhbtrojan Member Posts: 10
    That's an awesome deal. Can you provide more details e.g. sales price, money factor, is the monthly payment and down payment inclusive of all taxes, fees, etc.

Who did you work with at Rusnak? I'm in LA and looking for a similar car.
  • Options
    commander91commander91 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can the knowledgeable please comment on this deal. Can it be beat? I had a 2013 but some flash floods in Vegas resulted in the totaling of the car; too bad for me:

Sale Price 56,634
    Acquistion fee: 995
    Established Value: 57629
    Residual value: 3528.40
    Fixed Rent: 775.60
    Sales tax: 775.60
    Total monthly payment: 838.42
    Doc fee 495.00
    Drive off: 1401.77

At a vegas dealership.
  • Options
    irishladdyirishladdy Member Posts: 19
    Hi Valley Guy,

I apologize for my delayed reply. The first deal I had the internet sales manager never called me back. I actually sent her four emails and left two voice mail messages. Business must be good. Fortunately, I was able to secure another vehicle from a different dealer and here is the deal I got.

E350W4

Palladium Silver
    Black Leather
    Chrome Door Handle Inserts
    P1
    Rear Spoiler
    3 Spoke Steering Wheel
    Split-Folding Rear Seats
    Lighting package
    Active Mult-icountour drivers seat with massage
    18" AMG Wheels
    Keyless go Package
    Heated Front Seats
    Lane Tracing Package
    All other standard options e.g Harmon/Kardon Surround, rear view camera, etc.

27 Month Lease
    69% residual
    .00164 MF
    $0 cap payment
    MSRP - $67,420
    Sale price - $56,000
    Monthly payment - $617.06 (which includes taxes)

Discount off MSRP - 17%

$1,503 (Out of pocket costs for upfront taxes, doc fee, acquisition fee, = MA DMV.)

I was very pleased with this deal as I had one dealer not budge below $58,975 on a 13' model. I picked up the newer 14' model for $7k less.

Thank you again for all your help!!
  • Options
    Hi Commander91,

Please see the deal I just secured and posted. I am not sure if you are purchasing or leasing but my payment with $0 money down is about $222 less per month at $617.06 MSRP was $67,420.
  • Options
    Hi Dfdub,

Please see my post #3108. My MSRP was $67,420 and with $0 money down my monthly payment is $617.06. So, yes, I think that is crazy high especially since you are putting $1,200 down.
  • Options
    commander91commander91 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Purchasing but it's a coupe, not a sedan
  • Options
    Hi Ghstudio,

Please see the deal I just secured on my most recent post. I got 12K miles and a MSRP of $67,420 with $0 money down and my MP was only slightly higher.
  • Options
    Would you post the name of the dealer (that's ok on this forum). I'd like to talk to them about an e550 lease.
  • Options
    Hi,

The dealership is Mercedes-Benz of Boston. Please ask for Thanh who is my sales rep and let him know I sent you. Just so you know I really pushed him hard on the pricing. I would do the same thing.

Good luck!
  • Options
    glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    Mind sharing the dealer info?

Also, was there a trade involved? Did you qualify for any special incentives such as USAA, MBCA, loyalty, etc.?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    glayfan40glayfan40 Member Posts: 33
    Sorry, just saw your other post with dealer info....

What was the mileage allowance? 10K or 12K/yr?
  • Options
    Hi,

The dealer is Chambers Motorcars of Boston (in Somerville MA.)

No, there was no trade involved. The only special incentive I used was the August USAA which was $3,000. No, loyalty.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi,

The mileage allowance was 12K per year.
  • Options
    sm16sm16 Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know the current residual and MF for a 2014 E550.

10K miles/yr for 36 month and 27 months?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    blacknjblacknj Member Posts: 2
    CarMan,
    Can you let me know the residual and MF for a 2014 E250 Bluetec. 24months and 15k miles.
    Thanks
  • Options
    ray916ray916 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can some one please give me the money factor on 2014 E350 Sedan.
    My dealer quoted me money factor of .00161 and MSRP is 61k, negotiated to 54k and for 10k miles per year, with 5K down, it's 516$ per month,

Can some one kindly let me know if it's a good deal and if the money factor is right?

Regards,
    Ray.
  • Options
    instead of putting that $5K down, use it to make multiple security deposits. You can make up to 7 (approx $4200) that you are loaning mercedes for the life of the lease. In return, they will reduce your money factor by .00049...so your interest rate drops. Your monthly payment will go up, because you didn't make the capital cost reduction, but remember you will get the $4200 back. Add up all the payments for the entire lease and you'll find that over that lease, you saved over $1000. The hard thing to get over is that your monthly payments will be higher (because you didn't put money down)...but you are saving money. There is no trick here...and it's part of the standard mercedes lease, although many dealers don't know about it, others don't understand it, and still others say it's too little money to worry about. It's not....just add up all the checks you will write under both cases (with and without Multiple security deposits).

Finally, make sure you get mercedes basic service included in the lease negotiations (not some "better" policy offered by your dealer. Why?? Because it is treated as a feature.....that is you don' t pay the whole amount, you only pay as if it's a feature. E.G. if you have a lease with a 70% residual and the maintenance package for your lease mileage is $1000, you will actually only pay 30% of that $1000, or $300 for the service. It's a great deal but you have to know what to ask for.

54K sounds reasonable...I've was offered 10% off MSRP on any e class last week without negotiating very hard.
  • Options
    evjonevjon Member Posts: 5
    MSRP $59,720
    Negotiated Price $49,720
    Down $3,500 (includes 1st month's payment)
    Payment $512 (excl sales tax)
    Term 42 months
    MF .00148
    Residual 52%
  • Options
    whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    looking for money factor and residual for 10k lease, on 2014 e350. 36 months is ideal, but is there a "sweet spot" at 27, 33, or 42?

Also, is there any loyalty money for trading out of a mercedes lease and back into a mercedes lease?
  • Options
    I believe 27 months is the current sweet spot on an E350.

I am considering an e550. Does anyone know the residuals and mf for 27 and 36 mos 10K/year.
  • Options
    just got quoted mf of .00248 for 2014 eclass lease. i assume that is NOT the buy rate. Can anyone confirm?

also, what is the "buy price" on lease acquisition fee. $795?? (Again, i'm thinking no)

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Hi Ray,

Please see the deal I just structured and am very pleased with. The money factor on the same lease was .00164 which is the buy rate - there is no mark-up. So, it appears your rate is lower and while I did not do the math, might include the discount for auto pay.

I am not sure about multiple down payments and it does appear interesting, but in my opinion, I would you never want to loan someone such a large amount of money when they are not compensating you. The opportunity cost is too big for me but that's just my opinion.

I can tell you that your 11.6% discount can be improved upon significantly, and really without too much effort on your part. I was actually in the same position as you and asked another dealer if they could do any better and they came back with a 17% discount. I did not put any money down either.

Further, I am against putting any money down on a vehicle in the event of a total loss or theft you can not get your down payment back.
  • Options
    socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    Multiple security deposits save you way more than most investments pay, so it is a no brainier to do them if you have the cash. You get the money back at the end of the lease too. Just google Multiple Security deposits.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    Not only that, anything that lowers your payment is an "after-tax" return.. and, guaranteed...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    CarMan - do you happen to have the latest MF for a 2014 E550 for a 36 month/7,500 miles/yr lease? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    "Does anyone know the current residual and MF for a 2014 E550.

10K miles/yr for 36 month and 27 months? "

The 36mo., 10K residual is 63%, with Mercedes standard money factor.

I don't see a special 27 month lease for this model.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    "Can you let me know the residual and MF for a 2014 E250 Bluetec. 24months and 15k miles. "

68% residual, standard money factor

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    "looking for money factor and residual for 10k lease, on 2014 e350. 36 months is ideal, but is there a "sweet spot" at 27, 33, or 42? "

.00148 and 61% residual..

27 month leases use the 24 month residual on this model, which would be 69%..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thx kyfdx!
  • Options
    "I am considering an e550. Does anyone know the residuals and mf for 27 and 36 mos 10K/year."

63% residual, standard money factor.... No special 27 mo lease on that model...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Some E-class cars use the standard rate.. not sure what that is, but probably at least .0020

$795 is the base acquisition fee.... they can mark it up to as much as $1095

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    "do you happen to have the latest MF for a 2014 E550 for a 36 month/7,500 miles/yr lease?"

Add 1% to the 10K/yr numbers to get the 7500 mi/yr residuals...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks Carman. I'm being told the MF for the '14 E550 is .00225. I'm buying it down to .00195 through multiple security deposits.

Do you think this is a fair deal?

MSRP: $70,945
    Selling Price: 64,188
    Terms: 36 months/7,500 mls/yr.
    Residual: 64%
    MF: .00195
    I'm putting down 10 security deposits
    Upfront fees including taxes, MV, Acq fee..etc = $3,600 (excluding MSDs)

Monthly payment = $735
  • Options
    each security deposit should bring down the mf by .00007 so your total reduction for 10 deposits would be .0007 and your mf with the MSDs should be .00155 not .00195.

I have been offered 10% off of a 2014 e550 by two dealers...that would be a selling price of 63850 not 64188.

you should include mercedes maintenance in your lease...it is treated like any other feature so you only pay 36% of the MSRP.

Not sure why you want to pay acquisition fee and some other fees at startup....I always roll them into the lease. You need to pay first month payment plus any required taxes/registration fees....nothing else.

Have you actually found a dealer with an e550 in stock...there are only 9 in the country as of saturday. I'm trying to find one to drive and it's close to impossible.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help ghstudio. I'm not sure why he said .00195, let me check into that. If it's .00155, then I should be closer to $690, right? .Unfortunately, they don't have the car I want, so I'm ordering it. Estimated delivery is mid-Nov. Will definitely look into the maintenance pkg.
  • Options
    ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    is .00142 Base Rate allegedly.
  • Options
    dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    My dealer advised that this month's numbers for 24/10K of an E250 sedan are,
    RV=71%
    MF=0.00225 (MB standard as anything else is mark-up)

Conversely, a comparable lease for an E350 sedan uses,
    RV=68%
    MF=0.00148

One can max up to 10 MSDs on either.

Cheers!
  • Options
    The best my dealer could offer on a 24/10K lease of an E250 follows below.

MSRP=$59,090
    Cap Cost=$55,941 (includes acq fee & fleet cert) - $0 cap cost reduction
    RV=71%
    MF (after max MSD & autopay)=0.00125
    MSD's=$8000
    Monthly=$761 (includes tax)

The RV is much lower than our previous bluetec lease. As a result, I went with a 27/10K lease on an E350 given the pull ahead program. I couldn't use MSD's on the promotional MF.
    MSRP=$61+K (P1, Park assist, lane tracking, keyless go pkg, AMG, etc.)
    RV=69%
    MF=0.00148
    Cap cost reduction=$0
    Monthly payment=$578 (includes tax, residualized maintenance)

I'm in San Diego, but I always go to Long Beach. Everything is done via email with sales director with initials DD. He's transparent so going back for a GL350 in March.

Cheers!
  • Options
    empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the info, dewarsandsoda. It's a shame the residual for the BlueTEC isn't as high as it was before, and the MF isn't all that great either. Back in December of last year, we got an E350 BlueTEC with payments that are less than half that with $0 cap cost reduction and max MSDs and auto-pay.

What do you mean by the pull-ahead program? Did you get months waived off your current lease? Or do you mean the value-added program?

Also, what did the cap cost of the E350 end up being? Was it a similar discount to the E250 BlueTEC?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi Empowah,
    My apologies for not being clear and I definitely used the incorrect nomenclature.

I used the value-added program for the E350 lease (i.e., the same RV & MF apply for 24 and 27 month lease). You also alluded to another future benefit as presumably, the 3-5 month loyalty waiver will be offered in the future, potentially reducing the total money expended over the lease term.

While I don't have the actual numbers in front of me, they were along these lines:

Final sales price= ~15.3-15.5% discount to list = $51,xxx
    Cap cost = $52,xxx

I can likely back calculate in excel quickly if you want.

btw, and most importantly, my wife likes her E350 and finds it to have more 'guts' than her bluetec.

Cheers!
  • Options
    lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    hi, may i ask which area/dealer offered that pricing discount? thx
  • Options
    lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    hi, which sales person worked your deal? thx
  • Options
    gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

Could you please help with Sep rates on '14 e350 wagon and best term?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    The wagon uses the standard MB money factor (.00225), and the residual for 36yr, 15K/yr is 60%..

The 36 month term looks to be the most cost effective..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bhojanibhojani Member Posts: 2
    I have a deal for a e350 (premium 1, sport, 18 inch wheels, keyless go ...) at a dealer in Seattle.
    Do you folks think this is a fair deal?
    Terms: 66% residual for 15,000 miles/yr
    MF: .00142
    MSRP: $62,965
    Selling Price: $57,250
    $5,645 due at signing which includes 1st payment, tax, license

Monthly payment = $650
This discussion has been closed.